Rafaella on Ninth
178 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rafaella on Ninth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rafaellanyc.com/
- Phone: 2127413230
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:30am - 4:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Happy Hour, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We will book our location upon request for private parties and celebrations for reasonable prices.
- Private Party Contact: Gaston 2127413230
A word from Rafaella on Ninth
Whether you’re hungry for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack, Rafaella has a delicious dish for you. Try their wide assortment of salads, paninis, sandwiches, crepes, pizzas and pastas. Read more For dessert, indulge with a Rafaella sweet crepe or one of their many other delicious options. And don’t forget to try Rafaella’s breakfast, served from 10 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rafaella on Ninth reviews from OpenTable diners
- I went for brunch on a SaturdayKarleeellenVIPDined on 7/27/2013I went for brunch on a Saturday with a girlfriend. There were only 2 other tables occupied. We asked if we could sit at one of the 3 empty booths by the window, but the waitress said no as they were tables for four..... The next hour that we were there, not a single part of 4 came in and the boothes remained empty. Serving sizes were extremely modest. Le Granine across the road or Pastis one block up are much better options.
- Really good food priced justEthanDined on 7/22/2013Really good food priced just right. The ambiance gives off a nice local feel. Neighborhood gem for sure.Special Features:
- Rafaella continues to please.NYRoverDined on 3/30/2013Rafaella continues to please. Intimate, quiet space with good food and even a menu section for vegans. If you want a dining hotspot, go somewhere else, but if you want a pleasant, well-priced dinner out, this is your spot.Special Features:
- Great food and great pricesDaleyjessupDined on 3/17/2013We were staying at my sister's in Chelsea and after a long day, wanted a short walk to get a bit to eat. My sister recommended this. The prices were great. Our server was lovely. The bottled wine prices were very reasonable. Food was great. Nice,intimate space. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its well known this littleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2013its well known this little gem is always a bit on the warm side with the windows fogged over. But the food and service are quite good at modest prices.
- I've dined at Rafaella's quiteNYC10014VIPDined on 2/26/2013I've dined at Rafaella's quite often and always enjoyed the experience. But this time was bad enough that I felt I needed to leave a review. Service was awful . . . our server had a major problem when we asked that the music be turned down . . . it was blasting and my friends and I couldn't hear each other without shouting! Each of us ordered the salmon which was delivered without the sauce that was supposed to be with it. The server came to remove my plate when I was finished but my friends were still eating! This is a big peeve of mine . . . it's just rude. We were never offered dessert, just the check even though the restaurant was half empty. Hope this was just an off night
- I have been going to RafaellaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2013I have been going to Rafaella for years...but only for special occasions, as I didn't want to exhaust the charm. It has been some time since I've returned, but my, oh, my!! I LOVE EVER aspect of the remodeling they have done! The new dishes are phenomenal, but the old favorites are still there and true to what made me fall in love with the chef from the beginning. Rafaella is far more romantic...though a bit more crowded when it comes to seating. I LOVE the addition of the dessert tray (replacing the old-school general deli/bakery display class). It is much classier, much more welcoming, still having that European charm, though with an NYC influence that wasn't there before. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!Special Features:
- the waitress could have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2013the waitress could have been more attentive. We weren't informed about specials nor asked for drinks when we sat down.
- SERVICE IS HORRIBLE! HAD TOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012SERVICE IS HORRIBLE! HAD TO SEND BOTH OF OUR COURSES BACK BECAUSE OF MISTAKES. DON'T THINK A 2ND CHANCE WILL HAPPEN.
- Not a relaxing experienceCB12Dined on 9/13/2012I am not even sure they knew I made a reservation through Open Table. The dining room was chaotic and noisy and the 2 wait pool were overwhelmed and communicated that. The food was okay. Nothing you couldn't make a home. The lasagna was good. And the wine pretty good. I was there on a Thursday night and he place was packed with a local, older crowd. It was so noisy that I had to shout to be heard by my friends sitting inches away. On to of the noise of diners shouting to be heard, they played annoying music.
- I love the food here and itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2012I love the food here and it has a huge selection for vegetarians and vegans that ensures this will be one of my staples.Special Features:
- My friend had eaten thereeat2liveDined on 8/16/2012My friend had eaten there before and remembered it being a very fine Italian restaurant. I have the OpenTable app, and when I went online looking for a good, nearby Italian restaurant, Rafaella was the first to pop up. Great food and a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Small neighborhood gem withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2012Small neighborhood gem with great food at a reasonable price - loved it - will be back!Special Features:
- We came here for brunch onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012We came here for brunch on a Saturday. At first we were excited that the food came out quickly, but the potatoes were a bit raw. The mini muffin with breakfast was a treat, except it was clearly from a 6-pack of Entemann's. The service was not that great as no one came to check on us that often and the coffee was too watery. When I called to ask about brunch specials, they didn't seem to know what a "special" was. All around, it was a pretty good deal with one free mimosa with brunch for about $14, but my friend and I are brunch conoisseurs and are used to unlimited drink brunches. All in all, the ambience was nice and for someone looking for a simple, relatively cheap brunch in a nice, small restaurant, this is the spot for you.
- Good place, nice setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/20/2011Went to Rafaella with a friend. This was my second time there. The food is always good, nothing spectacular. The only issue I have is the $10 minimum for credit card charges. I know this is a standard at other places but not everyone always has cash on them and when you've already basically paid for the meal via a deal and all you need to leave is the tip, it presents a problem. However, that should not be a deterrent as you will have a good time in this place.Special Features:
- The food was very decent.barbaraDined on 12/10/2011The food was very decent. I enjoyed my French toast. The others in my party enjoyed their omelet and egg salmon benedict. Service was fine. It was not rushed. We were able to sit there for a while. Ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- Great little restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2011Great little restaurant. Cozy and food was really quite good.
- Considering the candlelitFeasterVIPDined on 8/3/2011Considering the candlelit atmosphere and intimate space, the music was strangely loud and seemed totally out of sync with the environment. Food was fine but they need to take more care about drowning food in sauces, dressings etc. Was disappointed but may try it again as it's one of my neighborhood stalwarts.
- Went for dinner and orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2011Went for dinner and ordered fusilli in a pink sauce with fresh mozzarella, but instead got mediocre rotini in a tasteless sauce. Waitstaff wasn't so attentive either.
- Reservation only in name.EugeriaDined on 7/28/2011We were unable to eat there. Although we were on time for our reservation, there was no table available and no acknowledgment that we had a reservation. The hostess looked vaguely around and said that something might open up in about 15 minutes. That seemed highly unlikely to us, and there was no place to wait other than to stand amidst the tables. We left. We didn't actually taste the food, but had to make a judgment to submit the review.
- As a frequent diner, I don'tdanberndtVIPDined on 5/22/2011As a frequent diner, I don't generally write reviews, but this suprisingly good experience warranted it. Rafaella on Ninth has been right under my nose for so long, yet I'd not gone there, thinking it was more a cafe' or dessert place. While it does not have a full bar (beer and wine only), it may well be the best value in Chelsea. The menu is not large, but they certainly have a sufficiently broad selection of dishes. The meal was excellent quality and well prepared, the service was very warm, friendly, and quite capable, and the prices for all that... remarkably low. I highly recommend this as a wonderful relaxing neighborhood spot, and I will be back there again soon. It certainly beats the places on Eighth Ave...Special Features:
- Chelsea Neighborhood Gemfood4thoughtDined on 4/25/2011Everything we had was delicious!! Tons of choices, large portions, cheap for Chelsea and super cute inside. We all had sandwiches which we loved and we split the hummus appetizer. The wine was delicious as well!! We'll be back again!!Special Features: