8 High Street
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.radiusrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6174261234
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Michael Schlow
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Radius can accommodate 60 guests in a private dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Subocz 6174261613x104
A word from Radius
Radius is a stylish, urban restaurant in a playful sophisticated setting serving Modern French cuisine. This lighter style of cuisine is marked by an emphasis on seasonal ingredients, classical technique and the use of flavored oils, emulsions, juices and reductions. Chef Michael Schlow's first Cook Book, "It's About Time" is now available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Radius reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fantastic ExperienceRicRacerVIPDined on 6/21/2013I loved everything about Radius. Great service, wonderful atmosphere, and fantastic food. So sorry to hear they are closing in a week or so. I'll definitely look for Radius 2 if they find a new space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2013Radius is a great place for lunch but dinner was merely ok. Service was ok not excellent and the food was merely ok.
- Came here on a Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2013Came here on a Saturday night with a party of 4 people for 8PM seating. Took over 30 minutes to get our drinks (cocktails & wine) I'm not sure what the hold up was as it was not very busy. We all ordered from the 4 course menu and the food was outstanding. Highlights (yellowtail, shrimp, burger, octopus and chicken entree) Overall the service was good but the drink order got things off to an awkward start. For that I couldn't give a 4 star rating. Food was excellent and a nice experience.Special Features:
- I can't believe they are closingBusterFoytDined on 6/12/2013This is my go-to restaurant choice. I am really going to miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited but qualitiy lunchEileenDined on 6/12/2013Limited but qualitiy lunch menu choices. Busy room but noise level not too much. Service was attentive but not significantly so.Special Features:
- Looking past the wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2013I know it is Modern French cuisine and naturally features wine, but it wouldn't hurt them to have a tap or two for local microbrews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go JUST for the Burger.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2013I'm a burger aficionado, and it's been said that Radius is the best in Boston. In fact, my girlfriend and I ventured out into the rain specifically for the Burger before Radius closed in a month. It's pricey, delicious, and rich - but NOT the best Burger in Boston. My Manhattan was spectacular, the wine was delicious. The risotto was awesome, and the wine list was outstanding. And yes, the Burger was delicious. But I've had better at Craigie on Main, and at Met Bar on Newbury. Radius is an excellent fine dining establishment that I will certainly return to for a special occasion, without hesitation. But if you're gonna go there, do it for a different reason than simply the "best Burger in Boston". Because it isn't.Special Features:
- A Fine FarewellFrankophileVIPDined on 5/31/2013We had been wanting to get to Radius, one of our favorite special-occasion places, since we heard that it was going to close at the end of June. As always (well, except for that one time during Restaurant Week), our dining experience last Friday was stellar. the four-course tasting menu as $65 is a very good deal -- you select one item from each of the four categories on the a la carte menu. Everything we had was delicious; an entree of sea scallops, and the Carrot Cake and "El Pilon" desserts were particularly memorable. Our server Alissa was efficient and personable, and ably assisted by a professional serving staff. I look forward to what's next for the Radius crew, but I will miss the fine-dining option of Radius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Miss Radius at this LocationLaurieGDined on 5/31/2013We had heard they were closing this location and had to get their signature burger one more time. It is a fabulous burger and I sincerely hope they find a new location within the financial district. And we got to see Guy Fieri stop in to have lunch ..... bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as always!TavoDined on 5/25/2013Needed to go to Radius before it closes, it was an excellent evening. I understand the plan to open in another locale in the financial district late in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saying a fond farewellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2013Had to make one last visit before one of our long-time Boston favorites closes its doors. And, as always, we had a wonderful dining experience. The food, wine and service were all spectacular, as they have always been. Thank you all for many memorable occasions. We will be looking for you in your next adventure.Special Features:
- Good Luck in New LocationSouthboroughVIPDined on 5/21/2013The food and service are always good. Our waiter told us they were moving soon and it resulted in a number of the wines i tried to order not being available. BUT they were very nice in making a more expensive wine more accessable at a price of my original orders. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013The casual elegance, ambience and friendly elegant service make Radius stand out. The presentation of the each dish is creative and a visual treat.-the service is attentive and informative.Special Features:
- Radius disappointskikiVIPDined on 5/16/2013I had waiting to eat at Radius for a long time, having heard many positive things about the ambiance and the food. I took two colleagues from out of town to dinner. Ambiance was excellent. However, service was slow, albeit friendly, and after a while, I finally had to ask for bread to be brought to the table. For the appetizer, I ordered the spanish octopus, which was chewy and not flavorful. For the main dish I had the skate, which was so salty I could hardly eat it. My two guests and I each ordered the trio of sorbets for dessert (peach, blueberry, and raspberry). All of us agreed that we could not tell the difference between any of the flavors. Overall, a very disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDiner1717Dined on 5/10/2013The tasting menu is incredible and this is the right place for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was excellent as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/9/2013Dinner was excellent as always. Wonderful creative preparations , lovely ptesentation. Expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Bye Radiuslss4VIPDined on 5/2/2013The restaurant is closing in June and will open in a new location with a different name and menu-but hopefully keeping some old favorites. This has been one of my favorite restaurants in its current iteration. Go before it is gone forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was delicious - weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2013Dinner was delicious - we chose the 4 course men. The waiter was very attentive and was able to explain the menu when asked...It was a great dining experience. We would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- The only issue I had is tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2013The only issue I had is trying to get the waitress to come over for water or even get the check. food was great.. I brought my sister from out of town and we shared a burget and lobster blt and she loved itSpecial Features:
- I attended a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013I attended a business lunch at Radius yesterday afternoon. While the service and ambiance were fine, I had a very bad experience with the food. I ordered the lobster BLT and learned soon after I started eating it that the lobster was mostly raw. Unfortunately, the business nature of my discussion was such that I could not afford to interupt the flow of conversation and waste valuable face-time with the client, so I instead suffered through the sitting without drawing attention to the issue. I am inclined to chalk this one up to a one-time oversight on the part of the kitchen, however I am leaving this note in case others have had a similar experience and this item suggests a pattern.
- Embarrased and DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/9/2013I love that restaurant, yet I took out a client for lunch and the service was terrible. I have been there many times, mostly in the evening, so I was embarrassed and disappointed. We asked in the beginning, if we could have a roll right away, as my client was light headed, and the roll simply did not arrive. I waved to the guy with the rolls and he ignored me and kept walking. We were never asked if we wanted another drink, which we did. We had to wait a very long time until our food finally arrived.
- Steak Tartare may have beenBboyDined on 4/4/2013Steak Tartare may have been the best I ever had, Gnocchi appetizer was like little clouds of heaven. Both were extremely good and I was glad we ordered them. Also dad the burger as I heard rave reviews, while good, it doesn't support the $19 price (although being Radius I'm sure they feel entitled to charge it) . I would point them to Vincent's in MPLS if they need a good example of what it should be. Service was spot on.Special Features:
- Heard the burgers were fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013Heard the burgers were fantastic and it lived up to my expectations. Great place for business lunch.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/1/2013We had a wonderful celebration lunch here. The service was attentive, but not intrusive. The gnocchi appetizer and the tuna tartare appetizers were both fabulous, as was my skate. I didn't taste the cod, chicken or steak, because everyone ate every last bite. Our wine was also quite special - one that we do not often see. The restaurant is quite pricy, so it's not an every day event, but it was worth it.Special Features:
- The joys of diningJustMeVIPDined on 3/29/2013Always a super/fabulous....did I mention fabulous place to dine. Service was impecable.
- Have been wanting to dineJonPVIPDined on 3/29/2013Have been wanting to dine at Radius for quite some time now. We went for restaurant week and the food, service, wine, and drinks were all excellent. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- amazing wonderful place to eatGlomasterDined on 3/29/2013This was one of the most amazing places I have ever eaten in my life. The food tasted so wonderful. The service and staff were incredible. This was one of the most amazing dining experiences I have had in my life.Special Features:
- We had a memorable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2013We had a memorable dinner during restaurant week. Food -- and service -- was outstanding -- especially the skate entree. We would have liked a few wine options under $45 per bottle, but the wine suggested ($50), a Weinbach pinot blanc, was outstanding and actually a pretty good value since it retails around $20 per bottle.Special Features:
- Radius was recommended toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2013Radius was recommended to us via Twitter by Mario Batali. We went there for our anniversary dinner (5 years) and it was wonderful. The staff was very attentive and extremely polite and efficient. The food was mostly outstanding and very flavorful. The deserts were exquisite and while Radius is a little costly for our budget, we would definitely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Great service and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2013Great service and great food. Always a good combination!Special Features:
- The food was all delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2013The food was all delicious. The service was amazing. Always there without being 'there'.
- Food stellar, service mehIlovespicyfoodVIPDined on 3/26/2013Been to radius several times, and it's always been a treat. In general, this time did not really live up to the previous experiences. Service was slow at best. We waited a solid 5-10 minutes to even receive menus. Our drinks didn't come until the entree was served, which was fine but they could have asked if that's what we wanted because we were all wondering and waiting when they would arrive (we ordered drinks when we placed our food order). The bread was the only thing we weren't left wondering about. The food was delicious and beautifully presented, as always, but the service sadly put a damper on it. I'm going to chalk it up to being during restaurant week and hope this was an anomaly.Special Features:
- Talk about swanky... I startedFoodDocDined on 3/19/2013Talk about swanky... I started out with the french onion consomme. Didn't really know what I was in for, but it tasted fantastic though it spared some on quantity to increase the quality. The cavatelli was fantastic, almost melting in the mouth. My girlfirend had the crystal valley chicken for the entree and the shrimp for the appetizer. If I repeated, I would probably go for the chicken. The shrimp was a little scant (only 2 of them). But it did taste good. The dessert was amazing. I've never had goat cheese cake, and now I can't imagine why others haven't copied. It's like normal cheesecake, only with an extra tang. My girlfriend got the baked Alaska. It was her first time, and she loved it. All in all, 4 stars for excellSpecial Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2013Food was great, service was excellent, and the hostess was wonderful...very welcoming and personable. It's always a great time at Radius, great ambiance.Special Features:
- Place is still churning outOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/9/2013Place is still churning out good food and service after all these years. Carlos our waiter was excellent and very attentive. Place was a bit quiet for a Sat night but it made for nice intimacy with my wife. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Service was impecable. IOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/6/2013Service was impecable. I must also say that their burger is really fantastic. The place is perfect for people watching, for networking, for a business lunch or just because. I can safely say is the best restaurant in the area if you are stuck around South Station in Boston. Food gets 4 stars because we ordered cookies for desert and they were not good, but everything else was perfect.Special Features:
- Always a treat. Great food,TamrayVIPDined on 3/6/2013Always a treat. Great food, great service. Never disappointed at this top tier restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Great food, wonderful service. We joked that it seemed like our waitress was reading our minds. At one point we had a question and I said, "Just think about it hard and she'll come along." Wine list is largely French, which was fine by me. We ended with their signature goat cheese cheesecake, and it was absolutely to die for! Creamy, subtle, amazingly flavorful, just delicious.Special Features:
- Waitress took very long toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Waitress took very long to get our drink order (at least 5 minutes of just sitting there with our menus closed, looking around). The tequila cocktail was extremely tart, but she noticed I wasn't drinking it and offered to get me a different selection. That option ended up being very tart as well, so I gave up on drinks at that point. We both chose the 4 course dinner option and I must say, every dish was very creative and each had a unique combination of flavors. She and I mixed and matched each dish because certain ones we each loved, others not so much. Different tastes for different palates I guess. Overall, the experience was nice and I would recommend it to others for a date night. Wish the music would have been more romantic though.Special Features:
- Four course menu was teriffic.OLDDAN47VIPDined on 2/16/2013Four course menu was teriffic. The combination of components was masterful. Every course was perfectrlyh done. I do think the steak option I had was overpriced for the small portion but that was the only complaint.Special Features: