Radius - San Francisco
1123 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Radius - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://radiussf.com/
- Phone: 4155253676
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch 10:30am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Peter Cham
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Radius - San Francisco
A testament to the Bay Area's local bounty, Radius sources its ingredients from within a 100-mile radius of its SoMa neighborhood digs. This duo of casual cafe and full-service restaurant make an ideal lunch stop, drink haven, or destination dinner venue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Radius - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (31)special occasion (31)romantic (16)notable wine list (14)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Food was uninspiring and simply boring. Service was nonexistent even though the restaurant was not full. The waiter was unfriendly and cold. Definitely overpriced and boring. No music in the restaurant, no welcoming smiles, no thanks when we left. The best thing about dinner was the glass of wine!Special Features:
- A truly unexpected pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014While attending a conference in SF, we decided to try some place that is close to Moscone, but is not one of the usual hotspots for business dinners during a conference. As a result, we tried Radius. The food was very inventive, creative, healthy, and fantastically delicious. In particular, there was a green salad with White Peaches that was so good that it was hard to believe. The portions are not small, but certainly not large. I did not pay the bill, so I cannot comment on the overall cost of the meal, but it was probably $$$$. To me, it was worth every penny. The salad, entree and dessert were all very creative, relied on the farm-to-table model, and were all really delicious. The service was warm and inviting. Loved it!Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Solid menu - imaginative presentations without pretension, locally sourced and deeply delicious on multiple occasions. Great wine list.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014We were looking for a place to go to dinner before the theatre, and saw some good reviews on open table. We were amazed at what we found. The service was great, and the food was amazing! We weren't sure which wine to order, so the bartender gave us a taste of three different wines to help us with our selection. Can't wait to go back. Even though the food was like a fine dining experience, the atmosphere was more casual and very comfortable.Special Features:
- Great find in SomaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014Our son just moved from the Mission to Soma and Radius is just around the corner so we thought we would try it for my birthday. We enjoyed everything about it. We ate from the fixed price menu they have Tuesday through Thursday. Every course was delicious. Started with cauliflower soup, then a pork chops that was so tender you could cut it with a fork and beautifully presented with amazing corn grits, and finished with a lemon tort. I asked the waiter to pair a wine with the pork and I couldn't have been happier with his selection. We will definitely be back here for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2014Everything was wonderful. The food was unexpected and very good. This was a nice venue for a long, enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScoutyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food and great service. Wasn't that crazy about the potato chips but soup, fried chicken, albacore tuna and lemon tart were delicious! Highly recommend Radius.
- Beautiful spot, accommodating staffroxydDined on 7/26/2014I held a birthday dinner here that bloomed from 8 to 20 guests, and was worried about the restaurant's ability to accommodate such a crowd, but Radius was *fantastic*. Our waiter was patient and organized, and they set up the table toward the back of the restaurant so we could stand around the table and chat over appetizers and drinks. The food was tasty and beautifully presented, and the patio provided a wonderful, cool area to hang out during dessert and after-dinner drinks. I'd highly recommend this place! It's a great spot to have a dinner with a group, and it also looks like a cozy place for a date.Special Features:
- Good food, great wine, A+ serviceMelanieVIPDined on 7/19/2014Loved the fried chicken and the great local wine options. Incredibly attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable service. We got there on the early side for a Saturday (6:30), and it started out quiet, but by the time we left, it was full, energetic and had a great vibe.Special Features:
- Finally tried this place and...Surferdude86Dined on 7/18/2014... we liked it. Fried gougere was a little bland, roastedbone marrow was a little heavy on the crostini and the fried chicken was very salty. But the ribeye was perfect, the, the wine list was diverse and the service was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radius on Our RadarjaneyeatsDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed this restaurant. The servers were knowledgeable, efficient and warm. Nice combination. The calamari appetizer with smoked tomato broth was very different and wonderful. All the food was interesting, fresh and cooked to order. The dining room is light, airy and unpretentious, and business was brisk by 7 pm. There is more space around the tables than the usual crush in SF. Loved that there was not loud music and you didn't have to yell to have a conversation, yet you didn't hear the next table's conversations or feel you were being heard. We had a relaxing dinner. We will recommend this place and try it again.Special Features:
- SusannaSVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our second vista, and the food and wine were once again excellent, but the outstanding thing was the service. We brought my elderly mother in law, and the staff were so gracious about finding us a quiet and comfortable table so that she had an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Loved it!LocalLoverDined on 7/11/2014Fab dinner out for a mix if locals and out-of- towers. Everything farm fresh. Fried chicken was excellent! Extra crispy on the outside, succulent on the inside. The pork was "melt in your mouth good." Veggies fresh and perfectly cooked with an interesting subtle sauce. We will send return. Service was good, but they may have been one waiter down the night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food = great. everything else = notalyssadanielleDined on 6/25/2014Food was unique/ delicious. Everything else, poor. Service was not great, pricing was too high, menu was limited, waited over an hour for our dinner.Special Features:
- So freaking loud!ChristineDined on 6/21/2014Food was good, service was fine, but geeez was it ever loud! Loudest dining room I've ever been in. If you don't mind screaming through dinner, I recommend.
- So soJenniferDined on 6/21/2014I celebrated my birthday here and the food was just OK. PROS: The oysters were really fresh and creamy, the ribeye was cooked just right with the right amount of flavor, excellent service, good chocolate mousse dessert. CONS: I did not like the soggy grilled piece of frisée served with your entree, the gnocchi entree was NOT good (bland soupy base, until you bite into a super salty piece of pesto gnocchi. Really disliked this dish.) I've been to many restaurants that serve organic and locally produced dishes, but the flavors here were either too bland or overly salty. :(Special Features:
- Dessert was the highlightMarieYFVIPDined on 6/20/2014My friend and I received the worst service at Radius of any restaurant I've been to in SF. Our waiter was truly abysmal... to us... to our table ONLY. He was attentive, warm, friendly with the table next to us. Maybe they were cousins? I don't know. What I DO know is that after the busers/runners brought our entrees, our waiter never checked in with us. Had he done so, I would have told him that my entree and the side dish were so salty I had to drink all the water on the table. Also, I would have been able to ask for more water. The owner was nice and gave us free dessert to try to make up for our bad experience. The lemon custard was the highlight of the evening - it was delicious.
- Delicious, truly local foodlauranDined on 6/20/2014Dined here recently with my husband using a Gilt voucher, the food was outstanding. Our appetisers were good though not particularly exciting, but main courses and desserts were just fantastic. The place has a nice atmosphere, service was solid, and we'd be happy to pay full price if we return. One minor gripe: our voucher included wine pairings. Rather than giving us wines from the regular menu (which they initially gave us) they gave us off-menu wines. Presumably the wines on the regular menu pair well with the food we were served (or why would they be on the menu at all), so we had to assume we got cheaper alternatives. That was a little irritating... only advertise it as a 'discount' rate if you're giving the same product!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent 10plusLadyAnastasiaDined on 6/20/2014This is a return visit and, boys and gross, what a joy. I am a total carnivore, tested and confirmed by Sidha homeopathic Dr., and a pretty good cook myself and their meat dishes are incredible! My husband is not-so-much a meat person and not a fish person, had the trout and Loved It. We went all the way, 2 appetizers, 2full entrees, 2 desserts, cheese plate, and it cost under $115! Oh and also 2 coffees. So, in short, you can get a fantastic meal for a great price. We'll be back alot. Servers are great, Diana especially, and all staff was available for whatever we wanted. If I was Michelin, Radius would get Five Stars. Go or miss out on a real treat. DonnaSpecial Features:
- Pete fixe menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Pre fixe menu outstanding..interesting. Tried almost everything and good combination of taste ideas.Special Features:
- Noisy but goodAndicrotonDined on 6/14/2014We had the Trout Mousse as an appetizer. Yum! An order of Mussels was quite substantial..There were 7 that did not open. We asked our wait person for some more and the chef was happy to oblige. This is a Farm to table location..Therefore- the selections are small. There were a few large pparties which made the DR noisy. Otherwise - go and have the Trout Mousse.Special Features:
- Not up to parhauterouteVIPDined on 6/14/2014Four us ordered four different entrees and they are we're all underwhelming. The fried chicken lacked seasoning and flavor, the pork was average at best, and the trout was ordinary. To top it off, the chocolate mousse dessert had a horrible sour taste that seemed to indicate that the cream had turned (and not just from the sour taste of the blueberries as they insisted---I think we all know what blueberries taste like). We won't be returning given how many better restaurants there are in Soma.
- ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE,bobsezDined on 6/14/2014$$$'s/ambiance no match. Setting too bar-like dress it up for dinner, e.g., tablecloths, fresh candles or small flower arrangement. Best: small bites!! Started with fresh oysters; Gougeres and fingerling chips, all wonderful. Desserts!! Dark Chocolate Mousse and Lemon Curd Tart, fabulous. Our Mains did not measure up.
- Great meal!Ajm317VIPDined on 6/12/2014Came to Radius during Dine About Town. The DAT menu had a good amount of variety. Everything we ordered was delicious, beautiful, and surprising! My favorites were the Petaluma fried chicken and the vanilla olive oil milkshake! Our service was prompt and attentive. My husband and I are sure we'll be back again soon!Special Features:
- Innovative yet familiarfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 6/7/2014We were seated right away. Good food, good service and a wine list with several affordable wines. Eat here.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/7/2014I've been wanting to try this place for awhile, but part of me thought the food/wine might suffer a bit due to the 100 mile radius restriction. I was wrong!! It was really delicious. We were a party of 7 and we all loved everything we ordered. The space itself was nice, too, easily accommodating several larger tables without being too noisy.Special Features:
- Just OkayFoodExpertDined on 6/3/2014Tried this during Dine About Town event. My party was a group of 5 who enjoy dining out. I ordered the pork chop which was alright and milkshake was plain. My friends had the trout which was good but one was still hungry. The way the table was set was too crowded that when food was served, the server stared at me to rearrange the table setting so he can set the plates down. I don’t mind helping out but the guy didn’t even thank me or say a word. The point of going out is to be served. We shared a dozen oysters, clean & fresh. With so many options in SF, don’t know if I would go back to this place.
- A Gem @ SoMaFoodieFamilyDined on 6/3/2014Our second time here--the food was fantastic, the signature lamb shank was to die for + the DineAbout specials were great value. Easy street parking. Nice stroll around an upcoming neighborhood with cute eateries, shops, beer/wine lounges & coffee shop.Special Features:
- Fresh, local and elegantLeslieinSFDined on 5/31/2014Our party of three dined here on a Saturday evening. Enjoyed the diversity of the menu--bracingly fresh local oysters, creamy chicken liver pate with tangy blueberry gelee, perfectly medium-rare rib-eye and delicately seasoned asparagus and broccolini. Wine selection could perhaps be a bit more challenging? Excellent service; one member of our party doesn't eat gluten and the server was over-the-top accommodating.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014The food and service were outstanding: ordered the chicken liver mousse, ribeye and porkchop. All tasted great and presented well. Service was also great. Very attentive. Love the decor with ample space between the tables so you're not too close to your neighbors. Highly recommend this place! Definitely will return!Special Features:
- An off night?NameVIPDined on 5/22/2014Disappointing dinner: broccolini chips - lots of air, tasteless, bad presentation. Companion had the kale salad - thought it OK/good. The clams seemed a bit overdone - they were tough. The juice, which started out fine in taste, made me slightly nauseous after multiple dips with the bread. My entree, the pork, was overdone and I didn't finish it. My companion had the special, which (if I remember correctly) was the halibut. He judged it as good. The Brussels sprouts were OK - didn't have enough char for my tastes. The lemon curd was judged as good and I thought my cremeux wasn't memorable. Service by Fredrick was fine - he was attentive and responsive. Interior was industrial sterile, which I like. Can't say I'll rush back.
- Better every time!Lucky13sfDined on 5/21/2014We have a soft spot for Radius as we've celebrated a birthday and engagement there, so we keep coming back for our anniversary and other special events. The food seems to be better every time we go, and I always look forward to ordering whatever lamb dish is on the menu. We love this neighborhood spot and always have a great time!Special Features:
- Awesome SpotHuckleberryZenDined on 5/17/2014This place has amazing food in a really cool SOMA neighborhood. The service is excellent as is the ambiance and energy of this place. The Saturday and Sunday Brunch on the Cafe side is also top notch. Everyone really should check out Radius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. too expensive.FoodnikDined on 5/16/2014The menu is very limited, but the dishes we had were excellent! The prices were too expensive, so we won't be there often. Very Very noisy. We had to shout to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- The following 319 reviews are from the Radius - San Francisco reviews archive.
- Close is goodcabgoesleftVIPDined on 4/29/2014I really like Radius. It hits on all points: really good food, great service, nice space and good concept. Sure, everyone in SF does local. Radius does it really well, too. The ambiance is nice, cool, especially stepping in off busy Folsom. I've been a few times now and I'll keep it on my short list.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2014The lamb shoulder was simply delicious and all the staff very professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, creative food, french serviceisabelleDined on 4/9/2014Creative meals, high quality and fresh products. Good service in general, rude behavior though: waiter asked us, whether we were familiar with tipping rules in the U.S. (usually Swiss people read books about the country they visit)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!GinnyDined on 3/22/2014The service was outstanding; our water glasses were always full, you hardly even noticed when wait staff removed plates. They made sure we were all happy, but they were not intrusive. We asked for recommendations from our server from appetizers, wines and entrees along with dessert. She gave good explanations of some of the items we had not had before, and the entree recommendations were right on, along with the pairing of wine. Delicious. All had a grand time, we will certainly be back again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's a whole restaurant...?lksugarmanDined on 3/4/2014I've dropped into the Radius cafe several times to get coffee, but because I always came and left from the other direction, I never realized there is this large, airy attached restaurant next door. The surprises kept coming with excellent service and delicious food and wine. We shared the duck liver mousse and pork rillettes with pickled carrots and glasses of a good red wine. I had a pound of steamed mussels with pork belly and crostini w/ rouille with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Everything was perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious. It was just opening for dinner and it was a quiet. I think this is a restaurant that gets busy later. Tables are well spaced in a large, airy space across from a spacious curved wooden bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple eleganceJVDubyaDined on 2/26/2014Very good first experience at Radius and was not disappointed. Menu is a tad limited but seasonal and fresh. Dishes are nicely presented with moderate portions. Decent wine list albeit a tad heavy on higher priced bottles, could use 1-2 lower priced alternatives. Service was good and timely, and server was conversant without being intrusive. The place has a very comfortable vibe and is just about the right size for this area. No liquor, only beer and wine, but just a door down from Bloodhound if you seek a cocktail.Special Features: