3465 19th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.radishsf.com/
- Phone: 4158345441
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Friday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Adam Hornbeck
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Radish
A casual neighborhood eatery, Radish, is fit for any time of the day whether you are looking for a comfortable, bright breakfast nook, a midday lunch, or an evening gathering place. Radish is located in the heart of the Mission district surrounded by eclectic shops and beautiful parksContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Radish reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Delicious and cuteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014It was a great little place for brunch, nice to go during the weekday cause it's always busy. My breakfast tacos were quite delicious but it was a little runny for my taste and the grilled steak needed to have a tad but more flavor. However my boyfriend had the Eggs Benedict with the fresh biscuit and that was amazing so if you go there to eat brunch I highly suggest to order that or the biscuit and gravy. Another thing that was awesome about Radish is that they are one of the few places that offer bottomless mimosas throughout the week, so thumbs up to that.Special Features:
- Cozy restaurant for catching upfinznflicksDined on 9/26/2014Radish has delicious food (I recommend the grilled cheese and squash soup!!) and a great atmosphere. Perfect for catching up with friends - not too noisy at all, very cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, reservation issuerachelsfDined on 9/16/2014The restaurant was great, but when we got there we didn't have our reservation. It was pretty embarrassing having to try and confirm my reservation over and over. The hostess even brought over the reservation list after we were seated to confirm we weren't on it. I understand how situations like this place the restaurant in a difficult position, but it didn't warrant the level of discussion and I felt pretty awkward in front of my friend (thank God it wasn't a date, I would have died). To add insult to injury, the restaurant was mostly empty! Dining here was a great experience, but I would definitely call ahead to confirm my reservation to avoid the awkwardness if they don't have your reservation.Special Features:
- Good for Gluten Free Folks.Dee2666Dined on 8/13/2014Had a very good burger on a Mariposa gluten-free bun, with point reys gluten-free blue cheese. Enjoyed it with a gluten-free beer. (Redbridge, at some point I'd love to see O Mission beer offered). Unfortunately, even though we were there early in the evening, they were out of the gluten-free peach cobbler. It was nice to be in a setting where it felt like they were cognizant of what gluten-free dining is. As someone with celiac disease that was relieving.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazig Oyster Po'boy sanwichchantalchantelDined on 7/31/2014Best oyster po'boy sandwich I have ever had. The fixings on the sandwich match perfectly with crispy breaded oysters. I will be coming back again and again for this sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousParastooVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food is delicious, fresh, and creative. I like the blend of ingredients they use. I'm glad I can walk hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid neighborhood spothidivr8Dined on 7/26/2014Had an early dinner there on a Saturday, and the food was very good. I got the veggie burger and loved it. The service was a little off. It wasn't busy in there AT ALL, but we had 2 orders just slightly off (forgot the gluten free bread on one and the cheese on another). Not a huge deal, they took care of it quickly, but just noticeable since it was so empty. The bread pudding was good, but the homemade ice cream sandwich was AMAZING. That was the biggest hit of all. Wow. I would definitely go back, and still want to try their brunch!Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Radish reviews archive.
- It's ok...wpattisonVIPDined on 5/13/2014Seemed short-staffed for what is supposedly a busy establishment. Therefore, the service suffered. Otherwise, it's ok. Typical breakfast/brunch fare. It would have been nice if the waitstaff mentioned there were specials before we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to brunch hereMorefoodpleaseVIPDined on 4/2/2014Love their specials, mimosas, and the servers. I've never been let down by the nice servers, and continue to make reservations here at least once a month because the servers are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for 2SFFoodieDined on 4/1/2014table wasn't ready upon arrival. No one at the bar. Service was not bad nor good. Not intrusive nor neglectful. Food was quite good, the stew with polenta was noteworthy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite French Toast!!!cassieDined on 3/29/2014Brunch specials are great across the board - but, the French Toast with caramel sauce is the real stand out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday DiningKathrynBDined on 3/11/2014We had a tasty meal and relaxed, attentive service. It was pretty quiet- easy to hear my friend across the table- which I attribute to the bar not being full, and it being a Tuesday. In terms of price, I'd say this is a good place for a date or semi-important occasion, but I'm a cheapskate. ;) We were there because Radish is close to work, and we like to compare restaurants with Southern menu items to Brenda's. However, she had the meatballs, and I had the grilled cheese, to both of which we give our stamp of approval (and no comparison to be made!). For those, like me, who aren't into beer or wine, but aren't averse to something alcoholic, Radish has several choices. I was surprised and gratified, and well-rewarded with my selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to spot in the MissionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Great comfort food! Amazing brunch! The best staff! Especially Michelle and Katrina! There is always a line for brunch so go early. I can usually get a seat for dinner.Special Features:
- Yum!esb10Dined on 1/31/2014They put a yummy twist on traditional comfort food and they've got awesome Gluten Free Options- their GF buns are from Mariposa and are SO good-- you'd never know you were missing out on the gluten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!jedFLDined on 1/19/2014Gluten free pancakes were amazing as we're the bellinis. My friend loved the Madame.Special Features:
- Bangin BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2014Burger lovers must try. BURGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great service and food!foodDined on 12/21/2013Went for brunch with sisters and mom and had a great experience. Arrived early for reservation and was seated right away. Service and food were great, didn't feel rushed at all even though several parties were waiting outside. Would go back to try the bottomless mimosas (but the mocha was great!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/9/2013We had a great time at Radish--everything was delicious, with fresh ingredients thoughtfully and successfully combined. I particularly liked the warm pear salad with added chicken breast. I'm looking forward to my next visit, as I really want to try one of their signature burgers. This restaurant was new to me, and a very welcome addition to the Mission scene.Special Features:
- homey, great foodfoodiegirlVIPDined on 12/6/2013I love this restaurant. It's funky homey charm was infectious, loved the grilled cheese and soup.Special Features:
- Come here for the bottomless MimosaMeltDined on 11/9/2013Food was good and the bottomless Mimosa's was awesome. Staff were friendly and we were seated quickly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwaysaew4Dined on 11/4/2013I love radish. Not only is it 3 blocks from me but it is also everything I want in a restaurant. The food is great and the menu has something for everyone (from chicken strips to warm pear salads to steak to tofu). The service is wonderful (though I have it 4 stars because this time it took a really long time to have out order taken and to get food. I think they were under staffed) and the prices are great especially considering the quality of food. They also have lots of gluten free options especially at brunch. Ps the bacon cheddar waffle is life changing. Dinner usually isn't too crowded but for brunch either get a reservation or expect to wait 30-45 mins cause the place is teeny tiny. This might be my favorite spot in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/3/2013Was there on a weeknight. There were only five tables seated in the place, yet service was innate native and the kitchen was incredibly slow. The food was ok for what it was, but the menu is very sparse...basically burgers and a handful of other things. Upside...it's a very comfortable room, and a good place to have a conversation. And it's a good value for the money.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013Food was amazing. The French toast is a must. Egg dishes were perfectly cooked. Generous with the mimosas. Definitely recommend reservation because I think the walk-ins waited an hour or more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatluv2dineDined on 10/20/2013Very much satisfied from there service and excellent food. I wish i live near the neighborhood i love going small places like this. its worth the drive to the city. The best tasting biscuit I ever had.Definitely coming back. Recommending to book ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Spot / GF FriendlySlimDined on 10/19/2013I was late for my reservation for 6, but when I called in, Radish was forgiving and told me they would hold the table. The atmosphere is layed back and cool. I ordered a gluten free beer (Bard's) to drink, and a tasty pear, arugula, goat cheese, walnut salad with balsamic reduction -- it was perfect. Other orders on my table were burgers, fries, cheesy mac, 3 bean salad, and a shrimp po'boy sandwich. Everyone seemed to be pleased and dug what they ordered. The service was efficient and knowkedgeable and tentative also regarding gluten allergies. This sweet spot is worth a come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMaryDined on 10/19/2013Warm place on a chilly night. Wait staff friendly and accommodating. Excellent arugula salad. Fun array of beer. Had a great, juicy oyster po' boy. Did not feel rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweet local venueArtfullDinerVIPDined on 10/4/2013lovely food, pretty environment. a surprise local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a group of 5 friendsBukiDined on 9/29/2013We were a group of 5 friends with a big appetite and lots of talking to do. Everyone was able to order something that fit their need. We arrived at 5pm on Sunday and were able to stay for 3 hours--just when the place became full. Very friendly and accommodating service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just good for brunchDmaceVIPDined on 9/20/2013Awesome dinner. Trout special was epic and catfish poboy was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2013I went there on tuesday with my best friend and had the fried chicken and the chocolate cake. Both delicious. The staff is nice and friendly. I will def go back to try the burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have an allergy to GlutenSpragetteDined on 9/16/2013I have an allergy to Gluten (celiac disease) and this place had a lot of options for me. The rest of my party had no food intolerances and they enjoyed a great selection of delicious food as well. The wine selection was good and the atmosphere was great. I had an amazing homemade, beef burger compete with a gluten free bun...yummy! The service was great too. I would go back for sure, especially to try the brunch which our server recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing was bad, but did notOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/7/2013Nothing was bad, but did not get a warm feeling from staff and food was pretty typical. Also, they give you a carafe for bottomless mimosas...when it was empty, I was never asked if I wanted more.
- Delicious BrunchErikaDined on 8/22/2013I went to Radish with a close friend to celebrate our birthdays during the week. We decided to do the pineapple bottomless mimosa option with brunch and both were delicious choices. The food was incredible. I got the breakfast tacos with steak and that alone would have been phenomenal; but, the breakfast potatoes were unlike any I had tried previously. Everything worked together quite well and I left full and happy. The restaurant is on the smaller side so I would definitely recommend making a reservation. Overall, I had a great experience with great food.Special Features:
- SOLID FOODpartyof10Dined on 7/9/2013Great burgers and sandwiches! Service was a little slow but the food was absolutely great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2013very mediocre experience. Won't be back. Seemed like a one-woman show....bartender, hostess, server, owner? all in one. It was anxiety producing to watch one person do an amazing but harried juggling act. meh level experience. okay but not worth a repeat visit.
- Not my kind of place. ThoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/18/2013Not my kind of place. Thought the food was mediocre. The beers were great but the food lacked taste and substance. Cannto see returning.Special Features:
- A Little SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2013Three of us had an early Saturday dinner. I had watched the place start with breakfast, then brunch/lunch and more recently dinner. So we tried it out. A real success. The menu features hamburgers and po'boys. The hamburgers were fine, cooked to order. One of us had a gumbo special--good roux and a nice mix of shrimp, okra and sausage. Two modestly priced wines and a wheat beer. Then we shared two deserts, a cherry tart and a dense chocolate cake. All very nice. Great service from a knowledgeable waitress. Even with a generous tip, we were out less than $40. a person. Lots of 20-somethings seem to know this. Noise level is pretty high. We got lucky with parking so our mood was positive.Special Features:
- RadishOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2013This unassuming, understated, esthetical corner restaurant has none of the pretentiousness or preciousness of the Valencia corridor, yet consistently serves perfectly prepared po' boy sandwiched, gourmet burgers, lightly dressed salads with vibrantly fresh ingredients. The wait staff are women in my experience, and refreshingly down-to-earth. This is a true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Lively local establishmentRebgatVIPDined on 6/9/2013Worth returning. Good combo of veggie and meat options. Notable wine list. Friendly service.Special Features:
- Small placeFoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2013We had a reservation for 6:15 p.m. on Saturday. At first I thought this would be silly but turns out it was necessary. This place is tiny. They have maybe 8 tables and a bar seating another 8 people. We ordered Farmer's Dinner (roast chicken) which was good albeit a little too salty, and one of their burgers, also tasty. They have a good beer selection, wine - not so much. They had three desserts listed on the blackboard. We ordered one to share but 20 minutes later we were told it "wasn't happening" so we had to go with another one. In the meantime, a large family was seated next to us, reducing the number of other tables to 4 and the atmosphere to a fast food place. There are so many choices in the Mission, I don't think I'll return.I would recommend this to a friend.