722 W. DeKalb Pike at Village Square
Blue Bell, PA 19422Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.radicerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6102725700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:45am - 2:00pm
Sunday through Thursday - 5pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday - 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Donna Ewanciw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Radice
Radice [ra-dee-chay,] ‘root’ in Italian, serves farm-fresh food that is cooked in Delaware Valley’s largest wood burning oven! 90” in diameter, it is one of the famous Renato ovens created especially for Radice. With 80% of the menu cooked in the oven, Radice offers food that is healthy, delicious and unique! Toto Schiavone once again introduces Philadelphians to his heritage of the true and simply Italian world of authentic village cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Radice - Best Restaurants in Blue Bell ›
Radice reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (64)special occasion (46)good for groups (28)romantic (27)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014First time we had lunch at Radice and everything was just perfect. Food was excellent, service was outstanding (waiter was wonderful and made it even more fun). Will definitely return....soon. Two of my friend had the crab crepe and 3 of us had the pork sandwich and everyone agreed it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Neat place to meetSheilaDined on 8/23/2014Great place to go or meet someone special. Food, atmosphere very good. Worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Food is delicious, authentic Italian and the staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful Evening!MartreseDined on 8/16/2014You'd never guess it's in a strip mall! I asked a foodie pal to recommend a restaurant north of the city and this was his excellent recommendation. My friend & I thoroughly enjoyed every dish we had (though we shouldn't have allowed the server to upsell us - ignore the 3-4 dish recommendation at the top of the menu - two would've done me just fine. We didn't even touch the two pizzettas we ordered - took 'em home instead.) Pear martinis - YUM. And the decor is understated elegance - a wonderful, refreshing break from the horror that is chain restaurants. This was the perfect way to celebrate our 46th birthdays. :)Special Features:
- Nice Italian Restaurant.jamieDined on 8/16/2014Specializes in small plate/tapas style dining. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helped us choose complimentary plates. The wine list was comprehensive.Special Features:
- thefoodanimalDined on 8/15/2014Food, service and ambience were outstanding. It was kind of a reunion dinner with friends, and proved to be a relaxing and enjoyable night out. The menu is great because one can eat at many different price levels and enjoy excellent food. Just want a wood oven pizza, they have it. Maybe just some pasta, Radici has several and all excellently prepared. The full-sized plates, at good prices, are also worth the trip. Everything is fresh and all are artfully presented. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent restaurant. Would only recommend that they change their menu periodically, substituting different items.
- consistently goodK2escottVIPDined on 7/28/2014Ive been several times and food has been consistently good - in fact, I have to order the gnocchi every time, they're so delicious! I brought my 12 y/o daughter and Toto was gracious as always, she had the lasagna, and we had a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Fabulous Fooddeesolo1Dined on 7/26/2014The best Italian meal I have ever had....and I am Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rolling the Dice at RadiceSams1stUncleDined on 7/26/2014The menu is varied & inventive. The food was good to very good. Portions were generous, even the "small plates." Service was mediocre at best. Everything took longer than it should have. Three of the four main courses came out together, the fourth guest and two of the guests that ordered wine to accompany the main course were kept waiting another 5-10 minutes. I have to assume that our experience was a fluke and we just sat at an unlucky table. The menu was interesting enough and the food was well prepared so that I would be willing to try Radice again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon Appétit!GreeneyzDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I have been here several times and enjoy it each visit. The food choices are interesting and consistently good. The service is very attentive but not imposing. The outdoor dining space is attractive; however, the view (a parking lot) detracts from its ambience. Radice is certainly one of the best restaurants in our neighborhood and always a "go to" spot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatJamesDined on 7/19/2014Radice is one of our favorite places to eat. Good food,, good service and reasonable prices.. never had a bad meal there.. Highly recommend...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014Awesome food and drinks. Best gourmet, fresh Italian in the area!Special Features:
- Always goodjje23Dined on 7/17/2014We sat outside it was a really lovely night. Waitress seemed not happy but the extra wait staff were really nice. Food always good.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014I brought several work colleagues from out-of-town and everyone was truly amazed with their meal. No one left hungry and all have requested to come back when they return to the area.Special Features:
- Always goodAfoodEVIPDined on 7/12/2014great place to eat and a couple of good bartendersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radice Blossoms in Blue BellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We followed Toto out from Philadelphia's Moonstruck to his Blue Bell restaurant and loved it. The decor is light and bright, the food delectable Italian with lots of menu items to choose from, and the waiters friendly and well trained. The small plates are my favorites.Special Features:
- Great experienceNicedineDined on 7/10/2014The reviews we read prior to Radice were 100% correct. Our small plate choices were excellent, and the recommended order by our server was perfect. The service and food choices were great. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- classicDined on 7/9/2014Food and service are always excellent - we go tthere quite often -Special Features:
- great as always!tmhilbushVIPDined on 7/9/2014we enjoyed our time there as we always do. The menu is always the same but I enjoy the options especially the small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RadiceMariskaDined on 6/21/2014Service was very attentive. Restaurant was very clean and homey. Food was delicious. Had the radice salad, the cod special, the lasagnetta and the meatballs. We had glasses of the Pino Grigio and the Chianti. Both were very smooth. Desserts were wonderful. We had the blueberry special and the raspberry sorbet. We enjoyed the dining experience and will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at RadiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent dinner with lovely ambience. The waiter recommended an excellent Chianti that paired well with all our entrees.Special Features:
- nolanthoDined on 6/18/2014For straight forward Italian dishes that are prepared to perfection and loaded with flavor Radice's can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they charge for tap waterHardtopleaseDined on 6/16/2014A charge for water??? This alone is why I am giving less stars and also will never return. Its a shame because I live in the area and I thought the food was very good. Its a nice place but I will never get over being charged for tap water. I will be telling all of my friends as well.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014Amazing food, beautiful interior, great service and you don't have to drive into center city! We've been here twice now and very impressed both times.Special Features:
- Great food and service- will returnK2escottVIPDined on 6/6/2014Have been a few times and brought a larger group. Everyone was eased. Toto was dressed elegantly and set the tone. Ryan was a great server. We shared apps and loved everything we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy spotTravelerVIPDined on 5/28/2014The restaurant is cozy. Not overly decorated with simple white wood chairs. Food is gourmet but menu is not large. Approximately 8 entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crankyDined on 5/27/2014We were eight for dinner, and there were no unhappy diners. We had a lovely evening.
- Best neighborhood restaurantartjogorDined on 5/24/2014We have been coming here since the opening. Always excellent food and service. I have known Toto for over 30 years and this is his best . Good for lunch or dinner,or special occasions. We prefer to order small plates,however main are excelent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2014Great food and service. I love the clean look of this restaurant and the openness of the kitchen. Great place to take friends for something a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantJohnDined on 5/17/2014The owner always comes over and makes sure that you are having a great meal/evening. The entire wait staff is very friendly and very accommodating. The food for lunch or dinner is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our out town friends loved itLarbecVIPDined on 5/15/2014We have eaten here many times, and have loved each meal bite. This time we took our out of town friends there. Their expressions, their oohs and aha's , and their spotlessly clean plates at the end of each meal totally validated our impressions. This is a great resturant!Special Features:
- pcje4VIPDined on 5/14/2014Have been here before and this time was excellent as well. Ryan our waiter was wonderful. Great food and wine. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingwhitelinen829Dined on 5/13/2014I made my reservation spur-of-the-moment. It was definitely "off peak" hours - too late for lunch and too early for dinner - but the staff never missed a beat. Our food was excellent and the wait staff was accommodating and pleasant. There was no attempt to rush us out of the restaurant and we felt welcome. Very nice ambiance for my second, and hopefully, one of many, meals there.Special Features:
- Top Notch as UsualGregDined on 5/11/2014Third time we have been to Radice and never disappointed. Great food and friendly staff. Would visit more often but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/9/2014Excellent service and food. Our only problem was they had no record of our open table reservation, but they sat us down right away.
- Great Foodkmc369Dined on 5/7/2014The food here is really amazing but the portions for the price don't add up. After living in the city for 5 years, it is difficult to find good restaurants in the suburbs. The restaurant has a great ambiance and very inviting but we were not impressed with the service. Our server was not that interested and was very casual. The food though tasted great and fresh. I would recommend going here for the food though you should be ready to spend.Special Features:
- Lunch at RadiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Best pizza Margherita I've ever had outside of Italy. Soups and salads also superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great!PoohbearDined on 5/5/2014We (2 of us) shared 5 dishes (one was a pizza). They did Chopped scallops, held together with butternut squash and lightly fried - the BEST! Plenty of food! Great house Chainti! Service was spot on.Special Features:
- Awesome lunchjje23Dined on 5/5/2014Really fabulous simple food. Great service also. Would highly recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 722 reviews are from the Radice reviews archive.