722 W. DeKalb Pike at Village Square
Blue Bell, PA 19422Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.radicerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (610) 272-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:45am - 2:00pm
Sunday through Thursday - 5pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday - 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Donna Ewanciw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Radice
Radice [ra-dee-chay,] ‘root’ in Italian, serves farm-fresh food that is cooked in Delaware Valley’s largest wood burning oven! 90” in diameter, it is one of the famous Renato ovens created especially for Radice. With 80% of the menu cooked in the oven, Radice offers food that is healthy, delicious and unique! Toto Schiavone once again introduces Philadelphians to his heritage of the true and simply Italian world of authentic village cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Radice - Best Restaurants in Blue Bell ›
Radice reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (44)good for groups (28)romantic (22)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (13)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- great as always!tmhilbushVIPDined on 7/9/2014we enjoyed our time there as we always do. The menu is always the same but I enjoy the options especially the small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RadiceMariskaDined on 6/21/2014Service was very attentive. Restaurant was very clean and homey. Food was delicious. Had the radice salad, the cod special, the lasagnetta and the meatballs. We had glasses of the Pino Grigio and the Chianti. Both were very smooth. Desserts were wonderful. We had the blueberry special and the raspberry sorbet. We enjoyed the dining experience and will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at RadiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent dinner with lovely ambience. The waiter recommended an excellent Chianti that paired well with all our entrees.Special Features:
- nolanthoDined on 6/18/2014For straight forward Italian dishes that are prepared to perfection and loaded with flavor Radice's can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they charge for tap waterHardtopleaseVIPDined on 6/16/2014A charge for water??? This alone is why I am giving less stars and also will never return. Its a shame because I live in the area and I thought the food was very good. Its a nice place but I will never get over being charged for tap water. I will be telling all of my friends as well.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014Amazing food, beautiful interior, great service and you don't have to drive into center city! We've been here twice now and very impressed both times.Special Features:
- Great food and service- will returnK2escottVIPDined on 6/6/2014Have been a few times and brought a larger group. Everyone was eased. Toto was dressed elegantly and set the tone. Ryan was a great server. We shared apps and loved everything we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy spotTravelerVIPDined on 5/28/2014The restaurant is cozy. Not overly decorated with simple white wood chairs. Food is gourmet but menu is not large. Approximately 8 entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crankyDined on 5/27/2014We were eight for dinner, and there were no unhappy diners. We had a lovely evening.
- Best neighborhood restaurantartjogorDined on 5/24/2014We have been coming here since the opening. Always excellent food and service. I have known Toto for over 30 years and this is his best . Good for lunch or dinner,or special occasions. We prefer to order small plates,however main are excelent.Special Features:
- lovegoodeatsVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great food and service. I love the clean look of this restaurant and the openness of the kitchen. Great place to take friends for something a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantJohnVIPDined on 5/17/2014The owner always comes over and makes sure that you are having a great meal/evening. The entire wait staff is very friendly and very accommodating. The food for lunch or dinner is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our out town friends loved itLarbecVIPDined on 5/15/2014We have eaten here many times, and have loved each meal bite. This time we took our out of town friends there. Their expressions, their oohs and aha's , and their spotlessly clean plates at the end of each meal totally validated our impressions. This is a great resturant!Special Features:
- pcje4VIPDined on 5/14/2014Have been here before and this time was excellent as well. Ryan our waiter was wonderful. Great food and wine. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingwhitelinen829Dined on 5/13/2014I made my reservation spur-of-the-moment. It was definitely "off peak" hours - too late for lunch and too early for dinner - but the staff never missed a beat. Our food was excellent and the wait staff was accommodating and pleasant. There was no attempt to rush us out of the restaurant and we felt welcome. Very nice ambiance for my second, and hopefully, one of many, meals there.Special Features:
- Top Notch as UsualGregDined on 5/11/2014Third time we have been to Radice and never disappointed. Great food and friendly staff. Would visit more often but a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/9/2014Excellent service and food. Our only problem was they had no record of our open table reservation, but they sat us down right away.
- Great Foodkmc369Dined on 5/7/2014The food here is really amazing but the portions for the price don't add up. After living in the city for 5 years, it is difficult to find good restaurants in the suburbs. The restaurant has a great ambiance and very inviting but we were not impressed with the service. Our server was not that interested and was very casual. The food though tasted great and fresh. I would recommend going here for the food though you should be ready to spend.Special Features:
- Lunch at RadiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Best pizza Margherita I've ever had outside of Italy. Soups and salads also superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great!PoohbearDined on 5/5/2014We (2 of us) shared 5 dishes (one was a pizza). They did Chopped scallops, held together with butternut squash and lightly fried - the BEST! Plenty of food! Great house Chainti! Service was spot on.Special Features:
- Awesome lunchjje23Dined on 5/5/2014Really fabulous simple food. Great service also. Would highly recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same Old, same oldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We LOVE Radice, the food and service are great. But the menu always exactly the same! Boring!! I so wish the would add new items seasonally. And the old Italian guy who may be the owner was effusively welcoming with familiar faces, and down right rude to us when we arrived a bit early. The gracious hostess offered us a table in the bar where we could get a drink and wait.Special Features:
- Food good/service not so muchFoodiechickVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our waiter was not very friendly and seemed like he was annoyed at something. We had a reservation and had to wait extra time and when we waited for about 20 minutes until someone come over and asked if we would like to hear the specials. This is a very good restaurant but if you are feeling like you aren't being treated properly and you are spending a lot of money there are plenty of other choices around. I hadn't been here in a while and now I remember why.Special Features:
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Had dinner with friends at Radice on Saturday and it was excellent. Had a drink at the bar first and the bartender was friendly and fast. The tables are spread ou nicely so that you aren't on top of the other diners and the decor is great. The meal was excellent. We ordered two pizzas, some small plates and two of the entree sized plates. We couldn't have been happier with our meal, we even had some left over pizza which was a great midnight snack. The owners stopped by to make sure everything was good during the meal. Would definitely reccomend Radice to anyone. The pizzas are so good I could definitely see myself stopping by for lunch or a couple of drinks and a pizza at the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu for special occasionsFredDined on 4/23/2014Menu is varied with consistently wonderful dishes. Can go small plate to full portion. For sure not cheap, but it's really good and worth is for special occasions or you need a "special" place for dinner. Also, owner takes the time to explain preparation and ingrediants of some dishes as well as how some of the food preparation devices work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEMHansVIPDined on 4/21/2014Consistently great food and service. Bartender Russ is the best. Could eat there every night!Special Features:
- A change in the wrong directionDisappointedDinerVIPDined on 4/12/2014I don't know what has happened to Radice but the service and the food was so very disappointing. Our friends overheard two servers loudly complaining at the front about a table of guests that had been there "too long". Our table settings were dirty, the server took forever just to approach our table and take our drink orders, and we had to ask for another round during dinner. The pork chops were both so overcooked and rubbery. We actually skipped dessert and went to the grocery store for takeout gelato because we didn't want to spend any more money here and just wanted to leave. I was so embarrassed in front of our friends after my boyfriend and I had suggested the restaurant and raved about our previous visits. We will not be back.
- A Gem Right Around the CornerLadydiDined on 4/12/2014I could walk to this restaurant but have not gone before. I will definitely visit again. Food was great, our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. All in all a great night out with friends. Don't hesitate to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!JamesVIPDined on 4/12/2014Best Wedge Salad...Awesome Pizza... Never a bad meal... Love Radice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meals were outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014Our meals were outstanding, and the service was excellent. Seven of us celebrated an 84th birthday (all adults in our party.) There were a few other larger patries, but also many couples. The menu is full of wonderful choices - this restaurant is an incredible value. We will definitely be returning often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianOrelandMattDined on 4/5/2014Genuine Italian cuisine presented in a traditional yet fresh way. The portions don't try to overwhelm you with size, instead opting to overwhelm you with flavor. Wine list is just the right size and covers a wide spectrum. Great bar and bartenders. A real gem. The prices are reasonable and the menu structure is very flexible. I have become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner a Hit, Dessert a MissSuburbanFoodieVIPDined on 4/5/2014Enjoyed classic Italian menu and impeccable service, but have found the classic Italian desserts to be a disappointment (gelato in the past, the cannolis at this visit).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little gem in blue bellJs40VIPDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I wanted Italian and got a good meal. Somewhat unusual menu, but pleasant suprise with quality of food. My wife got the gnoccis and I got rigatoni. We both got appetizers. Very good. Only con is seatings for two - tables are too close. Takes away some of the ambiance. Every thing else, fine . Will return.Special Features:
- Sat 4-5-14FrequentDinerDined on 4/4/2014Gamberetti was delicious, and bronzino was good. However, the chicken was slightly overdone and the veal ribs were miss represented on the menu. The sardines were not fresh or oil cooked but were flat and dry. A small wine list (this is not a wine bar) which was fine, but the red wine was warm. Since we travelled about 40 minutes to get there, we will not come back. If we lived closer, we might try it again. Our server was delightful as were the bus boys and food runners.
- Rah-DEE-chayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Our waiter translated the restaurant name to 'by the seat of your pants', but the restaurant was anything but. Waitstaff were quite tuned in. We never had to ask for a beverage to be refilled, napkins were folded and replaced unobtrusively, everything came out with perfect timing. The food was excellent, from the warm bread with olive oil with pesto to the entrees and desserts - all were well received. It was a nice find while in the area. I wish the weather had been nicer, as the huge covered patio looks lovely for warm weather dining. We'll have to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We shared small plates, andCindyDined on 3/28/2014We shared small plates, and each one was excellent. Service was spot on, friendly and informative about the dishes and presentation. Our second time here and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice timeWalter1VIPDined on 3/28/2014I took my wife to celebrate her birthday; the children and grandchildren, too. Food and service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodAfoodEVIPDined on 3/22/2014i have eaten here over 10 times it has never disapointed meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radice is one of the finestOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/21/2014Radice is one of the finest restaurants in the region. Consistently excellent cuisine prepared to perfection. I dine their regularly and have never been disappointed. Consistent and friendly staff, Radice is a very special restaurant. Kudos to Toto and Donna!Special Features:
- casual elegancemmmmDined on 3/18/2014My husband and I have made Radice our weekly "date night" destination….and it seems we're not the only ones. Often we'll sit at the bar and order a variety of small plate items to share. A beautiful decor, friendly staff , friendly customers and delicious food what we go back for….every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.