722 W. DeKalb Pike at Village Square
Blue Bell, PA 19422Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.radicerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (610) 272-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:45am - 2:00pm
Sunday through Thursday - 5pm to 10pm
Friday and Saturday - 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Donna Ewanciw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Radice
Radice [ra-dee-chay,] ‘root’ in Italian, serves farm-fresh food that is cooked in Delaware Valley’s largest wood burning oven! 90” in diameter, it is one of the famous Renato ovens created especially for Radice. With 80% of the menu cooked in the oven, Radice offers food that is healthy, delicious and unique! Toto Schiavone once again introduces Philadelphians to his heritage of the true and simply Italian world of authentic village cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Radice - Best Restaurants in Blue Bell ›
Radice reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (46)good for groups (29)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (13)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014IMO, this is the best restaurant in Montgomery County. The food is delicious and of the finest quality. It is also very attractive (despite being in a strip mall) and Kevin, our waiter, couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. The price is commensurate with the quality. If you're looking for "bargain eats," this place isn't for you, but if you want the finest food around...here it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodsoandsoDined on 11/13/2014The food here is very good as is the service. The owner, however, is a cold fish. He's in the dining room but greets only people he knows. When I asked him where my coat had been hung (nowhere in sight and neither were any servers), he grumpily got up from his stool, marched in front of me to a hidden closet, retrieved my coat, and handed it to me. A gentleman would have helped me on with it. I was clearly bothering him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Terrific!DaveDined on 11/8/2014Our party of four had a wonderful experience Saturday night. Great server Carol; impeccable food quality and presentation. Ambiance is simple but elegant. The chef knows what she and her kitchen are doing at all times. Such attentiveness to details! Excellent co-owner kept his eyes on every table to ensure everything was perfect. Strong front-of house team. Will be back and soon!Special Features:
- Really like their culture!LongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 11/8/2014We were shopping in Skippack and decided to dine early (6 PM). By 7 PM all tables were full. The FOH (from other reviews I assume that included Tito, the owner) was very welcoming. Our server, Ryan, was very energetic & was able to provide insight into the menu & was very attentive throughout. They have a full bar and some good specialty cocktails along with good wine selections by the glass. Coincidentally, we had recently dined at Petruce et al., thus able to compare cooking with wood stoves. We enjoyed the sweetbreads & beet salad & the skate and red snapper. The desserts were very good. We were not rushed and, on the way out, EVERY associate thanked us for visiting & wished us a nice evening. When in the neighborhood we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice varietyWackierTigerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Only negative thing - no points for this reservation. You have the option here to go Tapas style or the traditional appetizer/salad/main course route. Most of the interesting items to me were listed as small plates, but they also give the option of a dinner size serving. We all ordered 2 or 3 things we were interested in and shared it all. I love the gnocchi here even though I'm not a fan of cream sauces. I wish they had an option with red sauce or pesto. They make great pizzas in a brick oven. Everything was made perfectly and was delicious. They offer a nice variety of good wines by the glass, half-carafe or full carafe at a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- ExcellentgreatplaceDined on 11/2/2014Have been there many times and it is always excellent. Nice atmosphere and attentive staff. Toto always has a consistently good menu and friendly bar. We will definitely return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014but disappointed that we were asked to move/leave early as they wanted to turn the table over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really, really good.cyco1450VIPDined on 10/25/2014had not been in for a few years. last visit was not very good - food and menu selections. this time was excellent. menu revamped. appetizers fantastic. i had a pork chop. not the best one i ever had, but good. my wife had a fish special that was very good. will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food+ inviting,classy vibelizzyDined on 10/24/2014i love Ra-DEEEE-chay, it captures the best of Italy- awesome, delicious food in a comfortable, warm, elegant, classy, fun vibe. I have been twice on date night and we loved everything we tried on the menu. This week we had a party of 6 for my mom's bday and such a perfect experience. The service is always sooo classy and spot on. Although everything else was perfect, the best part of Radice is the amazing food - everything was delicious.Special Features:
- TinaDined on 10/18/2014Everything was awesome! we will definitely be going back! The food is rustic and delicious, and we loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maryDined on 10/15/2014Always a great meal and a wonderful place to have dinner with our friends or family! Thanks, Toto and Donna!Special Features:
- neighborhood gemartjogorDined on 10/8/2014Consistent excellent food. Frequently order several small plates.Love the aranchini and small pizzas. Soups are also excallentSpecial Features:
- BYOB night was a great successnolanthoDined on 10/8/2014It was fun to go with our own wine for a change. And we were in good company. Many took advantage of the no corkage fee BYOB evening. Thanks to Toto and Donna for that little gift. As always the food was excellent. I had the tuna special which was perfectly prepared and served.Special Features:
- WonderfulSusanDined on 10/3/2014The three diners in my party were all extremely happy with the food and the service. Wait staff is professional, courteous and knowledgeable about the menu item. Great experience. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Two Yums Up for Radice!Treyphia2Dined on 9/20/2014Always a great meal at Radice. Toto and Donna have a terrific formula, and the service never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting ItaliananniemouseDined on 9/16/2014Radice has an intresting mix of small plates and larger entrees. My husband and I dined in different ways: he had an appetizer and entree and I had several small plates. Everything was wonderful and we each felt we had the dinner we most enjoyed. I appreciated the oppertunity to have sweetbreads and stuffed squash blossoms; he had a wonderful stuffed veal dish with a sauce to die for. We have also eaten lunch here and enjoyed this as well. Although the restaurant was quite busy, I was given a table in a quiet area (as requested). Since we recently moved closer to Radice, we will be visiting more often.Special Features:
- artjogorDined on 9/13/2014consistent excellent food and service. Always an exceptional dining experience. We come here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor diningAutumnJoyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We go in spurts with this place. Haven't been there in awhile since we had a very mediocre meal last New Years Eve. Sat outdoors this time, and the patio setting is lovely even though it overlooks the parking lot. Everyone said their food was good. Not great, but good. So I would say average was the general consensus. The dinner entrees included perch, veal and some a cioppinno type fish dish. Two things I found out; they charge for regular water as they have a filtration system, and you can bring your own wine but there is corking fee of $20. Our waitress took the water charge off when we questioned it. It's a sneaky charge and I hate that sort of thing. All in all it was a nice meal on a summers night on a pretty patio.Special Features:
- Girls night outTravelerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great place to meet with friends. We ate out front. the shopping center is so low key after 5 pm that it works. little traffic and sheltered. Food was tasty. many interesting specials. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Always deliver on food and service.nolanthoDined on 9/4/2014As is always our experience, Radice delivers on very high quality food and excellent service. I have never had a better prepared serving of sword fish. Every aspect of Radice is always consistent which is the way a good restaurant should be.Special Features:
- Gourmet ItalianReturnedDined on 8/30/2014Everything was prepared and presented in an excellent manner and was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCKoutandaboutDined on 8/28/2014First time we had lunch at Radice and everything was just perfect. Food was excellent, service was outstanding (waiter was wonderful and made it even more fun). Will definitely return....soon. Two of my friend had the crab crepe and 3 of us had the pork sandwich and everyone agreed it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Neat place to meetSheilaDined on 8/23/2014Great place to go or meet someone special. Food, atmosphere very good. Worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Food is delicious, authentic Italian and the staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful Evening!MartreseDined on 8/16/2014You'd never guess it's in a strip mall! I asked a foodie pal to recommend a restaurant north of the city and this was his excellent recommendation. My friend & I thoroughly enjoyed every dish we had (though we shouldn't have allowed the server to upsell us - ignore the 3-4 dish recommendation at the top of the menu - two would've done me just fine. We didn't even touch the two pizzettas we ordered - took 'em home instead.) Pear martinis - YUM. And the decor is understated elegance - a wonderful, refreshing break from the horror that is chain restaurants. This was the perfect way to celebrate our 46th birthdays. :)Special Features:
- Nice Italian Restaurant.jamieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Specializes in small plate/tapas style dining. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helped us choose complimentary plates. The wine list was comprehensive.Special Features:
- thefoodanimalDined on 8/15/2014Food, service and ambience were outstanding. It was kind of a reunion dinner with friends, and proved to be a relaxing and enjoyable night out. The menu is great because one can eat at many different price levels and enjoy excellent food. Just want a wood oven pizza, they have it. Maybe just some pasta, Radici has several and all excellently prepared. The full-sized plates, at good prices, are also worth the trip. Everything is fresh and all are artfully presented. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent restaurant. Would only recommend that they change their menu periodically, substituting different items.
- consistently goodK2escottVIPDined on 7/28/2014Ive been several times and food has been consistently good - in fact, I have to order the gnocchi every time, they're so delicious! I brought my 12 y/o daughter and Toto was gracious as always, she had the lasagna, and we had a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Fabulous Fooddeesolo1Dined on 7/26/2014The best Italian meal I have ever had....and I am Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rolling the Dice at RadiceSams1stUncleVIPDined on 7/26/2014The menu is varied & inventive. The food was good to very good. Portions were generous, even the "small plates." Service was mediocre at best. Everything took longer than it should have. Three of the four main courses came out together, the fourth guest and two of the guests that ordered wine to accompany the main course were kept waiting another 5-10 minutes. I have to assume that our experience was a fluke and we just sat at an unlucky table. The menu was interesting enough and the food was well prepared so that I would be willing to try Radice again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon Appétit!GreeneyzDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I have been here several times and enjoy it each visit. The food choices are interesting and consistently good. The service is very attentive but not imposing. The outdoor dining space is attractive; however, the view (a parking lot) detracts from its ambience. Radice is certainly one of the best restaurants in our neighborhood and always a "go to" spot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 751 reviews are from the Radice reviews archive.
- Always GreatJamesVIPDined on 7/19/2014Radice is one of our favorite places to eat. Good food,, good service and reasonable prices.. never had a bad meal there.. Highly recommend...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014Awesome food and drinks. Best gourmet, fresh Italian in the area!Special Features:
- Always goodjje23Dined on 7/17/2014We sat outside it was a really lovely night. Waitress seemed not happy but the extra wait staff were really nice. Food always good.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014I brought several work colleagues from out-of-town and everyone was truly amazed with their meal. No one left hungry and all have requested to come back when they return to the area.Special Features:
- Always goodAfoodEVIPDined on 7/12/2014great place to eat and a couple of good bartendersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radice Blossoms in Blue BellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We followed Toto out from Philadelphia's Moonstruck to his Blue Bell restaurant and loved it. The decor is light and bright, the food delectable Italian with lots of menu items to choose from, and the waiters friendly and well trained. The small plates are my favorites.Special Features:
- Great experienceNicedineDined on 7/10/2014The reviews we read prior to Radice were 100% correct. Our small plate choices were excellent, and the recommended order by our server was perfect. The service and food choices were great. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- classicDined on 7/9/2014Food and service are always excellent - we go tthere quite often -Special Features: