Racing Box Seats
8000 East Texas Street
Bossier City, LA 71111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Racing Box Seats
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.horseshoebossiercity.com/
- Phone: 3187517777x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: N/A
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View
- Entertainment: Horse racing
A word from Racing Box Seats
Located on the third floor of the Harrah’s Louisiana Downs casino and racetrack complex, the box seats offers staduim style seating; a great alternative to the Harrah's Club Restaurant. You can pick up your snacks,treats and beverage needs at the 3rd floor food deli and full service bar which is adjacent to the box seat venue. The box seat cost $30 per box which consist of 4 chairs and 1 television and $20 dollars for a box without a television (4 chairs). On Super Derby the box seats are $50 for a box with a television and $40 for a box without a television.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Racing Box Seats - Best Restaurants in Bossier City ›
Racing Box Seats reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)scenic view (6)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nobody knows anything!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014I made 6 long distance calls to the Louisiana Downs Race Track to make reservations for restaurant reservations in the box seat area. NOBODY knew that the restaurant was NOT open on Thursdays; so I got a reservation for lunch. NOT!!!! Food was NOT being served up there. The other calls I made to the Race Track were answered by operators who knew NOTHING about ANYTHING, and I was transferred to someone who would know something. Each and every time I was transferred, I got a recording! Your operators who answer the phones should at least know: #1 the restaurant (Sky Club) is NOT open on Thursdays; #2, what days it IS open; #3, what time is Post Time on each and every race day; #4 the difference between BOX SEATS and the SKY CLUB!!
- Fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great place to watch the races, drink a few beers, and eat lunch. Service is just ok; we didn't see our server for almost 30 minutes.Special Features:
- the poniesluvntheponiesDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful time at the races the only thing was that the people beside us were watching other races on their monitor rather loudly but they were elderly so I guess thats ok and I wished there was a non smoking section but overall it was a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Great day at the races!up2uDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I had a lovely day at the races! It was on a Thursday, only one place open for food, but it was pretty good. Not very crowded, but that was fantastic. No lines and less stress between races for betting. Really enjoyed the computer betting monitor on the bottom near the windows. Very convenient and faster than climbing the stairs. The window table seating was very comfortable and cozy. Not crowded at all. Will definitely call for the same reservations next time we want to attend the races. The registration on-line was incredibly simple and easy to follow. Loved the way it redirected to the appropriate places/times that were available. The check-in staff were very friendly and helpful for the newbies. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No service available on that dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Why did you accept my reservation for 08/07/2014 when your services were not even available. We felt like fools standing there waiting for someone to show up.
- not2happyDined on 7/12/2014Thought I was getting a box that was going to serve a dinner...well, just got a regular box and had to get my own food from the food court and carry it back
- we truly enjoyed our box seats goodmack1958Dined on 6/15/2014We had a good time..our first time at the Downs will come back again soon. We live in Longview, TX..short drive for the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great day at the racesWorkinToPlayDined on 5/25/2014Seemed strange to book racing box seats through Open Table but everything went great. Made two separate reservations because we needed 2 boxes and expected to arrive at different times. Requested the boxes 1) be adjoining, 2) be located where minimal stair climbing was required and 3) be located near finish and to left of finish if could not get right on finish line. We got exactly what we requested AND to our surprised, received upon check in a coupon for 4 free hot dogs and 4 free drinks (including beer). Great hot dogs, cold beer, salty popcorn. Would like to see sauerkraut as an optional condiment. Still have to go to first floor for soft serve ice cream. Worth the trip!Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Racing Box Seats reviews archive.
- Lost ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Service was very slow. Most food arrived barely warm. Condiments were promised twice and then had to be asked for. Arrived ten minutes later. Not a great Mother's Day foodwise. Waitstaff friendly, but very under manned.Special Features:
- Worst Harrahs everrhaysDined on 5/11/2014started bad and ended worse, order was wrongthen we couldn't get drinks the whole race then we couldn't even find anyone to take her money before we left terrible experience second try same results will not be back
- Louisana Downsltlbit1Dined on 5/3/2014the TV was blurry and if you turn up the volume , the picture jump around Free seating .has just as good view as the box seats-I'm sorry I paid for box seats---no food service--- view was partly block by a post==no food service to the boxes. only good thing about the day--We won at the races.Special Features:
- dissappointingStonefamily1Dined on 3/9/2014We made the reservations & brought many people to the track Monday. When we arrived we found out the upstairs & box seats were not available during Quarter Horse season. It definitely deterred the amount we would have spent on drink & food. Absolutely broke my heart to have the reservations confirmed & then not deliver.