Montreal, QC H2Y 2G1Neighborhood:
French / CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.racines.ca/
- Phone: 5145440444x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday to Friday from 11:30-2:30
Dinner: Tuesday to Wednesday: 5:30pm-10pm / Thursday to Saturday: 5:30pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Canadian, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant Racines can seat up to 40 guests for a meal or accommodate up to 50 guests for a cocktail.
For further information on holding you event at our establishment, please contact us directly.
A word from Racines
Located in Old Montreal, Racines provides you with market cuisine which will allow you to travel between different flavours throughout your meal in a relaxed ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Racines - Best Restaurants in Old Montreal ›
Racines reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good for its neighborhoodSullmeisterDined on 7/10/2014Not a destination restaurant by any means, but a fair mix of price and quality for its neighborhood. Price point is about average for the area. The menu isn't large, but the food had some creativity. Good desserts. The servers were friendly and knowledgeable. Those who commented about small portions have a point. We had main course + dessert, could have had an appetizer also. The place is pretty small and popular, so I was glad Open Table was available!
- Memorable birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Had a great time and a very romantic birthday dinner with my wife at les Racines. Service was excellent and food was top notch. Only complaints were minor and related to portion sizing (too much foie gras in relation to bread on the plate, but the foie gras was excellent and how can you complain about having too much of that!).Special Features:
- Very pleasant discoveryFoodieMNMDined on 5/26/2014The food was tasty, nicely presented, original ingredients, attentive service, very pleasant atmosphere. The lunch menu is reasonably priced at $20 that includes an appentizer and a main course with several interesting choices. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PiasaleDined on 5/24/2014Although the menu had a limited choice the food was very and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2014I expected the food to be a bigger "wow'' for the price.Special Features:
- QualitéStevenDined on 5/22/2014Toujours aussi bon, la qualité est au rendez-vous, Le boudin noir avec des petites pomme de terre un délice. La bavette de veau un régal. Malgré le changement de la formule de menu (3 choix dans 3 colonnes), c'est maintenant un menu standard comme la concurrence (2 choix dans 2 colonnes) + dessert. La grosse différence depuis ce changement ... le service est plus lent pour les plats !!Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Racines reviews archive.
- Parisian Look, refined FoodDonnaVIPDined on 5/16/2014Dark wood, sleek yet cosy vibe.very friendly and informative wait staff. Great food. Had a delicious lobster appetizer and scallops with braised endive and apricots. The brownie with passion fruit sauce was a decadent finish to a fabulous meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food, not musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014The food and service were wonderful. I wish (and this is an ongoing issue in Montreal) that the music would be tasteful for the ambience. Our server suggested a great bottle of wine that I would have never chosen- thank you. I well definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FascinationSoniaDined on 5/1/2014Les saveurs, textures, présentation sont toutes aussi fascinantes les unes que les autres. J'y retournerai c'est sûr!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon restaurantMiMoDined on 5/1/2014Le service a été beaucoup trop long même si nous avons indiqué au garçon que nous devions ABSOLUMENT quitter à 13h30...Special Features:
- Expérience parfaiteRickieBoy1Dined on 4/26/2014Première visite : ambiance très agréable, service enjoué, cuisine savoureuse, chouette carte des vins, ceci dans un ancien « DINNER » habilement transformé. C'est dorénavant notre préféré du quartier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special about itGreatVIPDined on 4/17/2014Small portions. Hi prices. Lack of flavors. Overall, an ok experience.
- TapasTankDined on 4/17/2014The recommended number of dishes is 3 per person and it is certainly enough. The service was friendly and attentive . I had recently been to the restaurant at lunch and when I returned with my wife a few days latter the maitre de recognized me and offered champagne on the house. The dishes are interesting and many raw items like foie gras. It got mixed reviews some enjoyed it very much others did not but we all agreed the menu was creative, enjoyable and a very fun evening. The service is usually one dish per person at a time on diner plates. We had to ask for smaller plates as we wanted to share the various tapas items. This is not the norm and the shape and size of the dishes made it somewhat difficult at the table. Great place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jobMAGWVIPDined on 4/16/2014I was not disappointed, tapas style plates, very flavourful the food combination were well put together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiny portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014some of the portions were sooooooo tiny, we almost believed that we were being pranked; especially, when you consider the cost of the teeny tiny portions. but, shhhhhhhhhhhh! don't tell the waiters, nor waitresses. They are sooooooooo quick to respond with a rebuddle that I truly believe that they truly believe we bought. luckily, the bread (which was free) filled us up. it's unfortunate because the food is actually quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent. It´s aNousVIPDined on 4/3/2014Food is excellent. It´s a tapas type restaurant. The list of plate to share is not that big but choices are very well excecuted, original and delicious. Foie gras cru is a curiosity! You can have wine by the glass to fit perfectly with each meal. Service is professionnal and friendly at the same time. The restaurant is narrow but deep with a wall of windows. This is situated right in the middle of the hot spot of old Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful bouquet of flavoursmrodriguDined on 3/29/2014Wonderful bouquet of flavor in every bite! The food was absolutely amazing! Especially the foie gras. Will have to go back soon and try the other dishes. They also have a great lunchtime special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchGalwayGirl75Dined on 3/21/2014We had a great lunch at Racines and the food was excellent. The service was very slow - I had booked an hour for lunch but it took nearly 1.45 minutes for all our courses to come. The staff run around a lot and we asked for things but they forgot. Service needs to improve - one person should be responsible for a certain part of the restaurant and look after the guests in that area. Again food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La formule de trois différentsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2014La formule de trois différents choix de plats dans le menu de trois services est intéressante. Cuisine savoureuse. Bon choix de vins d'importation privée. Service attentionné.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Tapas with a TwistFoodieDined on 3/11/2014I don't usually like tapas places as I am often disappointed with the small portions that end up costing 100$ to get a full meal. Racines had an original offering of sizeable portions that honored the promise of 3 tapas being enough for a good meal. You get to choose 1 item from three categories, there is a fish, meat and veggie option in each. I had a beautiful celery rabe, mussels cream soup with dash of cacao, seared tuna on a bed of fresh mixed greens, and seasoned trout with mushrooms. There was a lovely oyster offered as an amuse-gueule with a roasted shallot that was just delicious. The finale was light almond financier cake and a honey granita. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quelques bons moments culinaires,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2014Quelques bons moments culinaires, intercalés avec des assiettes un peu insipides, mais conceptuellement intéressantes néanmoins. Notre soirée aurait été plus agréable avec un service moins intrusif et obséquieux. La très belle salle à manger, l'approche retenue pour la nourriture et le soin porté aux petits détails laissent entrevoir une meilleure expérience de restauration que celle que nous avons eue ce soir-là.
- LOOOOOOVE IT!MunchDined on 3/5/2014I've been twice this week and plan to go nxt week and the following wk for all of my business lunchs (menu changes every week ! Woot, woot!). Food is the best I have had in years (even compared to my faves Toqué & Chasse et Peche), service is extremely friendly & efficient, love the decor and the price is great (21$ for 3 courses).Special Features:
- very interesting!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2014My friend and I went there for lunch on a week day. The space is small and narrow but it didnt not feel small. The decor was very cool. We tried the 3 course lunch menu at 21$. Great concept, great Price! the only thing is that we didnt have a lot of time for lunch and the three services took long plus the mix of items I selected from the menu didnt mix very well. The plates are small. I think I will go back to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From greasy spoon into RacinesAJTwistDined on 2/21/2014Racines is a transformation of a corner greasy spoon that you would never step into, into a wonderful, stylish restaurant with excellent and friendly service that you may never want to leave! Lunch is a three course culinary delight! Service is fast, the food delicious, the decor is cozy and arty. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was really good withhungryDined on 2/20/2014Food was really good with the exception of the duck but service was much too slowSpecial Features:
- OveratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/15/2014Worse experience in a while. It is not the service or the decor. It was the food. Sometimes when you try to much, you loose the essence of the food, it's true flavor. Big deception.
- The menu concept is great,SweetDined on 2/14/2014The menu concept is great, try at least 5-6 different items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Déception, aucune saveur etOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2014Déception, aucune saveur et présentation visuel des plats moches.
- TapasdragonjDined on 1/24/2014This is the first true tapas restaurant I have been to in several years. The last was in Santa Fe and while many claim to be a tapas spot, only a few dishes comprise this type of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Restaurant Enlivens McGill St.KinSFDined on 1/17/2014This is the second time I've eaten at Racines and it was again excellent. The food was delicious and the service very attentive. Although the restaurant is small and narrow, the decor is lovely and you do not feel crowded. I've already recommended it to friends and they really enjoyed it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!StephyDined on 1/11/2014Living in Old Montréal we have lots of choices. But this is a find! Succulent dishes that are really out of the ordinary. We can't stop raving about it! We definitely recommend Racines.Special Features:
- We had a 5 course meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We had a 5 course meal and it was simply spectacular. All ingredients were of highest quality and the taste outstanding. Even though Montreal has a lot of competition in the restaurant scene, I would put the racines on #1 on my list. the waitresses charming and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manger par les RacinestorkatoDined on 12/10/2013Excellent lunch en trois plats. J'ai opté pour un "trio d'interprétations de poissons", allant de la truite crue au filet de doré de lac. Nous étions un parti de deux, qui avons beaucoup apprécié la grande fenestration qui innonde la petite salle à manger de lumière naturelle le midi, mais qui aussi pour effet de créer un espace relativement bruyant. Les vins au verre offrent une pallette de prix, mais sont assez dispendieux, surtout en 3oz. Très bon service. Très bel endroit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions very small (nouvelleLucaVIPDined on 12/5/2013Portions very small (nouvelle cuisine style) lots of butter, priceySpecial Features:
- Restaurant qui a beaucoupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/3/2013Restaurant qui a beaucoup de potentiel. C'est joli et bien situé. Par contre, je n'ai pas toujours apprécié les combinaisons d'aliments. La joue de veau et le boeuf a l'oignon étaient des plats délicieux. Par contre, les tartares étaient souvent ensevelis d'une crème à la moutard ou autre. J'ai trouvé que ça manquait un peu de finesse. Mais compte tenu que c'est un restaurant qui vient d'ouvrir, j'y retournerai surement dans un mois ou deux.Special Features:
- Belle découverte !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/26/2013Ma première visite à ce nouveau restaurant. Un excellent lunch avec la table d'hôte proposée !!! Belle découverte dans le Vieux-Montréal. Je planifie une prochaine visite un samedi avec ma conjointe !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Architecturally interesting...TrustFundFoodieVIPDined on 11/23/2013I had walked passed Racines and thought it was a nice looking replacement to the former Luigi's which use to sit at the same corner.Now the chef needs to severely improve the food choices and flavor. The style is many small plates which seems to be the rage at more and more new establishments these days. The mushroom soup was bland, the carrot vegetarian dish was flavorless, the sweetbreads were decent and the arctic char boring.Pullman, which is one of the earlier wine /tapas places in Montreal is far superior in terms of wine offerings and delicious food choices. To end the night, i ordered the apple dessert, which was a dry lump of stale flour. I will not be retuning until there is a seismic shift to the menu.Special Features:
- Un must ! Vraiment un endroitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013Un must ! Vraiment un endroit chaleureux avec une bouffe authentique et succulente à l'image du Chef !Special Features:
- Nouveau restaurantSandraVIPDined on 10/26/2013Nouveau restaurant , très beau décor et il y a du stationnement. Accueil chaleureux, carte faite de plat portion tappas +, belle sélection de vin au verre, ce qui permet de faire un accord met - vin à prix abordable. Tout était parfait , foie gras cru, pieuvre, porcelet et dessert. On y retourne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but good food.genwasabiDined on 10/26/2013Be ready to pay for a piece of bread. No fancy bread... Frustrating on a 150$ bill to see a 2$ fee for bread. Food is fresh and creative though but tapas portions. So if you are very hungry, this is not the place for you. Overall still a positive experience but not worth the price.Special Features: