94 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.racinesny.com/
- Phone: (212) 227-3400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm -10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Frederic Duca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Wine Bar
A word from Racines NY
In this outpost of Racines Paris, Michelin Starred Chef Frederic Duca offers fresh and seasonal fine French cuisine. The wine list, put together by Arnaud Tronche, is composed of small growers, the majority of them certified organic or Biodynamic.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Racines NY - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Racines NY reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)notable wine list (86)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (29)romantic (23)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (7)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Can always be relied upon for a truly excellent meal. The food is exquisite. The wine list at any price level always has something I want to drink, including the by the glass menu.Special Features:
- BobbyBobbyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Despite a limited menu the execution by this Michelin starred chef is superb as is the wine list. Ignore the construction taking place in the area and go!Special Features:
- Max1950VIPDined on 11/1/2014Great restaurant in a rather unappealing location. But very much worth the trip.Special Features:
- No need to go to ParisDemandingDinerVIPDined on 10/31/2014With faux bistros popping up everywhere, this place is decidedly an exception. What makes the current Paris dining scene so exciting is the number of talented young chefs opening their own places to showcase their talents and vision, and that is exactly what Raciness offers - an individual and consistently interesting take on contemporary French cuisine. Polished, caring and knowledgeable service rounds out the picture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quickly becoming a high end stapleumamiloveDined on 10/28/2014This was my second time dining at Racine's - I cannot recommend the food and wine enough. Everything exceeding well-mastered, and casual enough to not take itself too seriously. That's saying something for a great French/American restaurant!Special Features:
- Great food, great wine!SissiDined on 10/25/2014We loved everything about Racines. Food was absolutely delicious: fresh, seasonal and creative. The wine list is great and the sommelier was so helpful and passionate. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014A delight in every way! We wish the owner-sommelier the very best success in his endeavorSpecial Features:
- Falls short, dont botherIreneVIPDined on 10/23/2014Everything about Racines gives the impression it will be a great experience. Unfortunatley, it all falls short of expectation: kitchen was slow, 3 hours slow. The uncomfortable metal chairs do a number on your back after the first hour. Food was uneven: some plates were great (like the burrata or the scallops) some were a snooze (the squid and the veal). Service had the best intention of helping, when you were able to get their attention! The restaurant was understaffed and poorly coached. Cutlery was missing (plates, no forks, tea no spoon). And who serves 5 slices of bread for 5 people after an hour of waiting! We had 2 bottles of red wine. The one suggested by sommelier didn't even come close to one we had ordered.Special Features:
- NXPXDined on 10/21/2014Sercice was VERY SLOW - almost an hour between starters and main course. Unacceptable!! My meal was only fair altough others at the table were more pleased with the food. However the absurd wait for the mains makes it unlikely I will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/18/2014Terrific food and extraordinary wine list. Service was knowledgable, enthusiastic and attentive. I look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must do!4DanishfoodiesDined on 10/15/2014Fantastic food, exceptional wine list, friendly and very qualified staff. Best restaurant experience in this weeks gourmet Holiday in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, fantastic wine listumamiloveDined on 10/15/2014Perfect spot for food that pleases just about everyone (while managing to be delicate, understated, and delicious). Wine list gets an A, though you must love French terroir.Special Features:
- RacinesOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/10/2014Loved our dinner at Racines. Staff was pleasant relaxed and helpful. The space is nice and contemporary, but noise level is perfectly manageable. The menu is not exentnsive which makes choosing a lot easier and the dishes were prepared with care and delicious. Great wine list! Hard to pick one with so many wonderful and enticing wines, the sommelier was very helpful in understanding what we liked and helping us make the best decision for our meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant !agatemlVIPDined on 10/9/2014Food is extraordinary, fish and meat were perfectly cooking and the wine list is full of treasures !! Bravo !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatsdkhVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great wine selections with creative menu choices. A great addition to Tribeca despite the less than attractive location on Chambers Street. The menu is limited but the quality of everything was excellent. The service was caring, with special kudos on the wine advice.Special Features:
- Eat before you arrivediner4everVIPDined on 10/4/2014because you will leave hungry otherwise. Very limited menu with teeny portions. Even tinier liquor list. Everything was well prepared but honestly, the portions do not justify the prices. The location of this restaurant is also funky, just sayin'. Not sure what all the brew ha ha is about but don't think I or the other three friends with me will be going back. A bit too precious.Special Features:
- Food was excellentLesleyVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food was really well executed and creative - we had the burrata and the velouté to start and the scallops and the porcelet as mains. The desserts were less memorable than the savory dishes. Service was on the slow side, but it's a new restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty but blandOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/26/2014On the positive side-The wine list is interesting and very reasonably priced. The negative-The food, while very pretty on the plate, basically has no taste. Good choice for a bottle of wine and a cheese plate.Special Features:
- snixVIPDined on 9/20/2014Strange combination with wooden benches, exposed brick, pretentious food which ended up being a poor man's version of a 1,2,3 star GuideM establishment and indy music (Foster the People et al) coming out of the speakers. On the whole it just gave a strange vibe. Service was incredibly slow, could have been down to our designated waiter though as other waiters were more a tad more alert. Coming back to the food, far from impressive menu and just plain boring. I would not go back, nor would I recommend to friends.
- Inexperienced staff, decent foodKSD1228VIPDined on 9/18/2014I'd come back for the veal tartar, but other than that end the egg appetizer, this placed is nothing to write home about and severely overpriced. The wine list is quite extensive but in terms of offerings but most bottles were $100+, which is fine is you have service, ambiance and food to match. Something was off about this place. For a self described wine bar, it felt a little out of place with the urban decor, never ending construction on Chambers St., inexperienced staff and size of the place.
- Wine Bar PlusEllenVIPDined on 9/15/2014Racines is a great place to go for good conversation (you can hear the people at your table) and great food and wine. Some of the standout items were: veal tartare, tile fish and porcelet. The only disappointment was the burrata with truffles that was very pricey and pretty tasteless. Service was excellent. Surprised when I went to look for the bottle of wine that we loved at the Chambers Street wine store (a partner of Racines) but it was not there....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014Service, food and ambiance were all very good. If I were in lower Manhattan for any reason, I would return. However, I would not call this a destination restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant is a winnerLucyBDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant on Chambers St is just a few months old, but the food and service are highly polished. We sat at the chef's counter and it was fun and fascinating to watch the food preparation. We particularly admired how well the whole team operated together. We could watch the assistant prepare appetizers and desserts with smooth efficiency. Our wait person was very helpful in pairing glasses of wines with our courses. The food itself was very well executed and different. One of our appetizers involved a steamed egg with chanterelles which was delicious. The veal tartare was also very good. We enjoyed our entrees of tile fish in a bouillabaisse manner and the porcelet with gnocchi. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great wine bar with amazing foodsenna22Dined on 9/11/2014Appetizers - the Squash Blossom, the Tuna, and the Steamed Egg. All three were excellent; my favorite - Steamed Egg which featured Chanterelles and a Parmesan sauce. Entrees – Tile Fish, Cod, and Porcelet (pork). Again, beautiful preparation with my favorite the Cod which was cooked to perfection with a translucent center. Deserts were on the same level as the appetizers and entrees, but don’t miss the Lemon Verbena Panna Cotta. We came for the wine which was beyond our high expectations. The food was a major surprise. While we expected really good food to go with our wine, the dishes were way beyond complimentary. It’s a great wine bar with great food. And that is exceptional. We’ll be there every time we’re in town.Special Features:
- Could... but noBarnaboothDined on 9/5/2014Where is the mood ? food is good, ingredients choose carefully , perfect no pretentious wine list, but something missing... pleasure to cook ?Special Features:
- Wine geek and foodie fit!CabFrancGuyDined on 9/5/2014Impeccable wine list of old world gems, many mature, priced very reasonable. Notable Chinon selection. The Sommelier was remarkably friendly. Small but unique menu. Hanger steak was savoury and tender, over an interesting purée. Excellent cheese selections. Host staff could use some retraining. Showed up 16 minutes late, got lost getting there. Was tersely told we were late, table was gone, nothing she could do. Offered seating at the bar. I noted some open tables so persisted, she went to the back of the restaurant to speak with someone, and viola, a table appeared. We were apologetic about being late, gracious they accommodated us, but the initial terse attitude was off-putting. I highly recommend just don't be late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous new restaurantdianeVIPDined on 9/5/2014the food was fantastic. the service was above and beyond. the menu was well planned and perfect, with a razzle dazzle wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tel que prévu!GBertrandDined on 9/5/2014J'ai visité le restaurant après avoir lu une critique favorable sur le NY Times. Le critique ne s'était pas trompé . Nous avons beaucoup aimé notre souper. Bouffe excellente, belle carte de vin soutenue par un personnel qui sait en parler adéquatement. Belle sélection au verre. Le service était impeccable. Si nous habitions NY, nous y retournerions!Special Features:
- Good StartJustOKVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was great, wine list and sommelier excellentSpecial Features:
- Great addition to TribecaAAugVIPDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful meal, decor and customer service. They were a tad slow, but other than that, I have nothing but praise.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014A terrific new place with innovative food and gracious service. waiter even steamed off the label from a wine bottle for me!Special Features:
- Off to a great startDemandingDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014It is a pleasure to visit a new restaurant where everything is under such complete control. The chef offers a relatively limited menu, but trade-off is that each dish is flawlessly executed and totally representative of what the restaurant is all about. Meticulously prepared elements, and the chef is there to provide the final assembly and tweaks. It doesn't get any better at this price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.Ray884VIPDined on 8/19/2014Fantastic food. An incredible wine list. I'd recommend going by the glass for wines -- it will let you try things you've never tasted. The service is exceptional and extremely knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Fine meal and excellent serviceEVFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our meal here, even though we're not real wine connoisseurs and only had one glass of wine each. Our server, Jennifer, was superb - professional, friendly, helpful and genuine. (Some servers tell you they're pleased you've enjoyed a dish, and you feel like they're on auto pilot. Here, her smile of pleasure lit up the room). While this isn't a cheap night out, but we felt quite content. Appetizers were fluke and a squash blossom stuffed with smoked ricotta and mains were snapper and a superb tuna. And we shared a chocolate caramel tart for dessert. Well worth trying, and if you're into wine, you can really find some unusual selections here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively, delicious, great winesCasaLVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our appetizers were excellent, and the main courses surpassed them. The red snapper was outstanding. An excellent wine list, both by the bottle and by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in NYtruffleDined on 8/15/2014Delicious food, an exceptional wine list, lovely ambience and attentive service with the feeling that the table was ours for the evening. We loved every minute and we really felt as if we were in a high end Parisian bistro. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent. Unique. Bravo.LTPNYCVIPDined on 8/13/2014Racines NY is a gem. It offers a unique menu of seasonal food prepared carefully and with much detailed attention. Wine offerings are from small producers, organic or biodynamic in process and filled with terroir. The offerings by the glass are diverse and encourage you to try new wines and pairings with each course. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Great findsarahFVIPDined on 8/12/2014I read the NY Times review and Racine's lived up to expectations.Special Features:
- overly sophisticatedibanezPM120Dined on 8/2/2014sophisticated preparations, knowledgable staff, but small portions and not satisfying. maybe too sophisticated. hangar steak tough and tasteless.Special Features:
- DynamiteUlyssesDined on 8/2/2014We were, at first, won over by the wine. This may be the only place in NYC where you can find some of the most promising French & Italian vignerons intermixed within a list that also contains cult biodynamic names. You immediately understand that the owner hand-selects what he believes to be beautiful representations of the terroir. He is happy to discuss each and every wine, and it was amazing to have a roundabout conversation ranging from viticultural methods to physical tasting notes. The food was quite good as well. The veal tartare was deceptively delicate and a perfect match for Chenin Blanc. We tasted both the tuna and lamb; both were the stars of the evening's savory offerings. Best Corsican selection I've seen!Special Features: