232 King Street
Pottstown, PA 19464Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantracine.com/
- Phone: 6103267400x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Greg Vassos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome
A word from Racine
Racine is a contemporary American restaurant that takes its inspiration from local farms and producers of Montgomery County. Racine uses local, organic, ethical and natural ingredients whenever and as much as possible, presenting them in a whimsical way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Racine reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (9)romantic (6)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AmazingChrisVIPDined on 6/28/2014This place is every bit as good as any place in Philadelphia. To find a gem like this in POTTSTOWN is unheard of. Everything was excellent. The service was great and the food was truly unique and delicious. After commenting on how wonderfully uniform my pork and my girlfriend's steak was cooked, the waitress told me that the chef cooks all the meat sous vide. The very fact that the chef cooks everything sous vide and then doesn't even bother to mention it makes me like this place even more. Which makes it incredibly hard to accept that after tonight, Racine is closing. Unfortunately, Pottstown just isn't ready for a place like this. We've got tonight... No need for tomorrow...Special Features:
- so sadjuliaDined on 6/28/2014this was the last night for Racine's, it was a fabulous meal, hopefully this chef sets up another restaurant soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad but trueBeaufortBelleDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed our evening at Racine and were saddened to learn that it's closing today. We felt fortunate to have experienced the amazing and creative cuisine and we hope Racine will open in a new location.Special Features:
- ExcellentFarmgirl1Dined on 6/26/2014Racine was wonderful in all ways. Though we are locals, this charming little byob is worth the drive for far-flung folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sorry to see you go :(RilkeVIPDined on 6/26/2014The food here was amazing. I am so sorry to see this bright young chef leave Pottstown but I wish them all the best in the furure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FoodieRobotVIPDined on 6/21/2014Chef Greg creative flair and attention to detail makes every plate memorable! It is sad that Racine will be closing on 6/28.Special Features:
- phoodieDined on 6/20/2014This was our first time at Racine, and sadly, our last (at least for now) since the restaurant is closing. The food was very good with some unusual but delicious twists. Hope we will see the next incarnation of Racine soon.Special Features:
- FANTASTICMusicfoodie12Dined on 6/20/2014Racine is a gem in downtown Pottstown. The food is scrumptious and works of art! it is so much fun to be able to see into the kitchen and the chef is willing to talk about his food and e restaurant. My husband and I are true FOODIES and we have eaten many places around the world and we rate this as one of THE best!!!! The chef combines flavors that you might never think would work, but are unbelievable. Don't miss your chance...you will be so glad that you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved Racine!veggielover7Dined on 6/19/2014Quaint restaurant! Love the daily menu and use of local organic produce and ingredients. Each dish was a work of art and flavor! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014This was just the best mal we have had in ages and are just so sorry it is closing. We liked it so much we are going back next week before they close.Special Features:
- We are so sad...RilkeVIPDined on 6/19/2014To all the staff at Racine: Thank you for being art of our Pottstown food scene. We truly enjoyed your wonderful creations and fun take on deconstructionist food. I will miss dining here...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Stuff!FoodluvrDined on 6/7/2014Everything that touched our table was delicious. The menu was unique, and focused on fresh, local ingredients. Overall we were very pleased. It would have been a nice touch to have the chef come out to talk to the tables, as that is usually my favorite part of the boutique restaurants. It helps to put a face and a story with the business. Also, having 2 servers was almost overkill, but there were certainly no details that went overlooked. The "onsen" egg was incredible... A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your own wine and appetite!DWbostonDined on 6/5/2014A gem in a small town outside Philly. We were shopping at the Philadelphia Mall and Racine, w its visually stunning dishes, was definitely the best find of the day. A foodie's dream w it's seasons menu fashioned daily from local and organic sources, you have to try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the Racine reviews archive.
- EXCELLENTSunneeDined on 5/31/2014One of the best Resturants we've been to in the last 50 yearsSpecial Features:
- MossyDined on 5/29/2014My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at Racine this week and had a wonderful evening. Every morsel of the food wad scrumptious! The service is friendly and unpretentious as well as unobtrusive. The ambience is warm with a touch of magic. And we love BYOB's!! Try it! You'll like it!Special Features:
- Great food & serviceCelluchDined on 5/24/2014Very different, there were so many different flavors in one bit. There is a French touch in cooking. The flavor in every dish was an explosion in your mouth. All natural local farm grown items you can taste the freshness, loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's 50thOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014I was looking for something different that I could take my wife for her 50th Birthday. Some of the courses that I had ordered I could not pronounce, but "Oh my god!", it ended up being one of the best meals I had ever had!! Five stars... Thank you, Racine, for a great night...Kudo's to the chef!!Special Features:
- East meets WestAvvocotDined on 5/24/2014A great new age farm to garden restaurant in Pottstown, really? Yes. really. Locally sourced produce and meats abound but what really amazes is what they do with it. Look at the online menus. They are real, exotic and usually delicious. What more can you want? BYOB and about $50-70 per person depending on courses.Special Features:
- Great Food & Creative PresentationfoodieDined on 5/24/2014The food was beautifully presented and tasted amazing. The locally sourced menu was creatively put together and as the restaurant describes: "whimsical." The ambiance also contributed to a great dining experience and was perfect for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- susiebsuzybDined on 5/22/2014i don't dine out much because i am tied to home due to my work (pet care). but my friends dine out at least a couple times a week and they said racine provided their most unique dining experience ever! one of my friends said chef greg vassos is a food genius. my comment is that he is a food artist and your plate is his canvas. but it goes beyond looking good--it tastes great! and that applies to every bite we put in our mouths. there are five of us and we try to order different entrees and then we taste everything. i am loving foods that i thought i would never eat--pork belly, goat, octopus?? my conclusion is that if chef vassos cooked it, i will eat it. can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Amazing againRilkeVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is my 4th visit to the restaurant and it just keeps getting better and better! This time we had a private room off the the side for 4 which is great because we could talk more loudly and not disturb others. The food was great as always and every one wants to come back soon. If you have not been here yet go. If you want a quieter more private experience go during the week.Special Features:
- RacinePanther15Dined on 5/9/2014Absolutely wonderful restaurant. Every plate was presented with care and details. Food was delicious. Lovely, friendly staff. Will come back again and again.Special Features:
- Close to farms= great foodRilkeVIPDined on 5/8/2014Give this one a try... I know that Pottstown has not always been know for its food but this restaurant will change your mind. The Chef and staff are amazing. Small menu changes daily so you wil want to come again and try the new adaptations. I had a side of Ramps that left me wanting more !!!Special Features:
- Love it here!arttechgirlVIPDined on 5/3/2014We are so fortunate to have such a talented chef in our back yard, but if you comr from Philly it is worth the drive! The fresh ingredients, beautiful presentations, flavor combinations and excellent service are consistent and are the reason we will continue to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small yummy BYOBlabellDined on 5/2/2014sweet, small Farm to Table restaurant with creative menu. we did a yummy dance with each course. this in inexpensive, but we all believed the meal was worth the price. because it was a BYOB we could bring our own nice wine. Racine was not crowded on the Friday night that we dined, I think that once it is discovered, it will be hard to get a table. The service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughmd283Dined on 4/30/2014Fresh farm to table food, daily menu changes. Excellent service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014First time at this restaurant. I was very impressed with the quality of food and presentation. Portions were perfect. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DolneDined on 4/18/2014The restaurant is charming and the service was friendly efficient and polished. The dishes were tasty and unique without being strange. The service was perfectly timed without being bothersome . The clam chowder was particularly interesting any enjoyable. The presentation of all the courses was very appealing. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Racine never disappointsTonySVIPDined on 4/18/2014Greg continues to impress with his farm to table approach. The thought and creativity he puts into every dish is extraordinary, particularly in light of an ever changing menu. His commitment to local fresh ingredients and the people who produce them is pervasive. If your looking for a big city high end meal at an affordable price and casual atmosphere, Racine is a must. The fact that it is a BYOB makes it all the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!RilkeVIPDined on 4/16/2014I have to say that I was left speechless by this restaurant. I am a huge foodie who has dined all over the world and to think that I have such an innovative environmentally conscious and delicious restaurant in my own backyard gives me hope for the future of Pottstown as a city. Thank you Chef for choosing to sat up here. This was my first visit but it will not be my last.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurantChristopher1VIPDined on 4/12/2014Can't say enough about this place. Food is awesome. Presentation of food is spectacular. Would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food-Outstanding Service!Lily255Dined on 4/5/2014This is an outstanding restaurant in every way. We love the atmosphere--trendy and unique. Service is top-notch: our servers were knowledgeable, friendly, and couldn't do enough to make our experience a delight. And the food is beyond excellent. Presentation is beautiful and upscale, the food outstanding, and the chef is highly skilled. He created a 4-course vegan meal for my friend and me that was absolutely delicious! By the way, this was not on the menu--he just accommodated our needs and the result was beyond our expectations. Also, portions are more than adequate. In short, I would highly recommend Racine to anyone who is looking for a top-notch dining experience. We'll definitely be back--again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014My wife and I have been waiting for a restaurant that brings fine dining to the Pottstown area. Food was great and I can't wait to get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try this place.WayneDined on 4/3/2014Excellent food and very accommodating, well worth it!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- best experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2014Exquisite. All organic. The very best experience possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodSdSHVIPDined on 3/20/2014I love the farm to table concept. Delicious food. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Am I Really in Pottstown?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2014With the masterpieces coming out of this kitchen, you'd never know you were in Pottstown. Friendly, attentive service. Highly creative dishes. Wonderful, fresh, local ingredients. It doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:
- ALWAYS OutstandingPCFineDinerVIPDined on 3/15/2014I cannot tell you how much we love Racine, and Chef Greg Vallos... he's kept us fed and ecstatic since he opened Racine, dazzling us with his creative presentations and charming us with delicious food. We've brought family, and they've brought friends, and everyone's been to Racine multiple times -- because the food and service are outstanding. Always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is outstanding, innovativevacnclDined on 3/14/2014Food is outstanding, innovative and locally sourced. The dishes are plated beautifully. Flavors are intense. Leave room for dessert!Special Features:
- Food was excellent, but priceySASSDined on 3/14/2014Went to Racine for a date night. The food was delicious, but the prices were a bit too high for the entrées.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.