Rachel's Waterside Grill
281 Woodcleft Ave.
Freeport, NY 11520Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rachel's Waterside Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rachelswatersidegrill.com/
- Phone: 5165460050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM, Sunday:3:00PM - 9:00PM
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Note: We are open on Monday in Season only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Venticinque
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For over 15 years our clients have relied on us to execute their events with style and sophistication while remaining within budget. Providing catering services in Nassau, Suffolk Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan.
A word from Rachel's Waterside Grill
Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant on Long Island" 2011 Best of Long Island. Located of Freeports Famous Nautical MileContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rachel's Waterside Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great seafood right on theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012Great seafood right on the waterfront in Freeport, LI. The lunch special had great selections. The portions were hearty...actually bigger than expected. Server was cordial, knowledgable and friendly. Good choice for seafood in a semi-casual dining experience. Must try it!Special Features:
- We went there for an earlyDine4funDined on 9/15/2012We went there for an early dinner. We sat on the open patio. The food was great. The wait staff was wonderful. We would definetly go back if we are in the area again.Special Features:
- I had a gift certificate andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012I had a gift certificate and they didn't accept it because it was a holiday weekend. The certificate stated no holidays but I went on a Saturday and the holiday was on a Monday so I did not understand. I will not be going back thereSpecial Features:
- The salmon was the best myIenjoyfoodVIPDined on 8/21/2012The salmon was the best my wife has had in a long time. I enjoyed the crab cakes. Service was good.Special Features:
- The Highs and the LowsAmodraDined on 7/25/2012We went on a Friday night, and it was crowded and noisy. Our reserved table was waiting for us as scheduled. Our waiter, Kevin, was personable, courteous and an excellent server. We had the Long Island Flounder stuffed with crabmeat, New England broiled dinner the new England clam chower and fried calamari. The Long Island Flounder was about the best fish dish that I have ever eaten - and I try the fish dinners wherever I go. The New England clam chowder was different but excellent. My husband reports that the New England broiled dinner left much to be desired. He was very disappointed. We were also disappointed in the calamari, which, although cooked perfectly, was lacking in any flavor.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd visit, weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2012This was our 2nd visit, we came back because it is on the water (nice to go to in the summer)& the 1,000 point table. However, when we went to use an OpenTable cheque, we where told if we make our reservation through OpenTable we can't use any coupons or OpenTable Cheques. If we wanted to use any "offers" they would cancel the OpenTable reservation. With that policy, it makes me wonder why they sign up with OpenTable & then not comply with OpenTables policies. I guess this would be a good place to make the reservation to earn points, but if you want to use an Open table Cheque you will have to go else where. We also came to realize the musician kept playing the same cords over & over which became annoying. This will be our last visit.Special Features:
- Reservation was honored andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2012Reservation was honored and we were seated immediately. The wait service was friendly and competent. The food was good and plentiful. Everyone needed a "doggie bag". We dined outside and the chair was not comfortable. However, it did take about an hour before that was noticed. Perhaps that was done purposefully.Special Features:
- Interesting brunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/1/2012Rachel's offers both inside and dockside dining. At brunch the menu is limited but interesting. Service was slow, but the restaurant was very busy at 1 p.m. for Sunday brunch. The air conditioning under-preforming during the NY heat wave. Go when you have time to relax and the weather is mild!Special Features:
- We had reservations, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/19/2012We had reservations, which were not honored - waited 35 minutes+. The hostess was very nice and apologetic, but didn't offer any complimentary drinks/food items. It was definitely packed with customers waiting with and without reservations. Once we were seated, it was clear why there was such an issue keeping reservations/moving tables along - there was ONE waitress covering at least 5 tables, all seated around the same time. She was understandably disorganized and confused table orders. Food was great as always (though they ran out of one of the specials). There are so many options nearby - they should be able to do better with keeping reservations and the flow of seatings more on schedule, and the service better organized.Special Features:
- Waste of money and time. FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2012Waste of money and time. Find somewhere else to eat on the nautical mile, maybe EB Elliots.
- Nice restaurant on a canal.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012Nice restaurant on a canal. Service was excellent. Main course was OK at best. Wife and I both had the broiled seafood platter. The stuffing on the flounder and shrimp was poor, kind of a watery paste. Scallops were excellent. Soups were very good, Lobster Bisque and Seafood Chowder. Parking is poor on the entire street. Would never attempt in the heart of summer. Overall, I've had many better meals at lower prices. You are paying for the location.Special Features:
- Beautiful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012It was absolutely gorgeous!! We had a beautiful seat right outside on the water and it was amazing. Service was great and the food was delicious!! Would definitely eat there again. Definitely reasonable!!!Special Features:
- I took my mom to Rachel'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I took my mom to Rachel's for brunch on Mother's Day. We were seated immediately at a table overlooking the water. The waiter was very helpful and the food was OUTSTANDING. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We went as a group of 7 forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We went as a group of 7 for Mother's Day Brunch. The Bloody Mary with clams to start were delicious. The chowder was tasty. The Frittata was too much and I found myself wishing I had ordered a salad instead. The service was great and we weren't rushed while we had coffee.Special Features:
- Rachel's has awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012Rachel's has awesome food - specifically the Japanese tuna nachos I usually rave about! Was only. Little disappointed on mothers day when I requested and was told I could have outdoor seating, and then got there to find that was not the case. I have however been to Rachel's many other times and I would definitely recommend it and continue to go back.Special Features:
- Wouldn't go back, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2012Wouldn't go back, service was lousy, food was just ok and the space is tight.Special Features:
- Food was great, ambiance wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2012Food was great, ambiance was nice, great on a sunny day. Service was impeccable, quick and attentive. I'm definitely returning and recommending to friends and family.Special Features:
- We had not been to Rachel'sjparteachDined on 5/5/2012We had not been to Rachel's in a while but it was definitely worth coming back. The ahi tuna and the blackened scallops were wonderful.Special Features:
- Save Your Money!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2012Waaaay over rated! This Restaurant won Best Of Long Island....How is beyond me?? Went there for my wife's birthday and I was embarrassed that I took her there. The food is OK, but for the price, which is on the high side; it was not worth it. I've had better dinners at Red Lobster to tell you the truth. The soups were fantastic. However the stuffed flounder was dry and bland. The broiled saefood platter was a waste of time too. Very greasy for a broiled platter? Which lead me to believe they were fried and re-heated in the oven. Overall save your money and eat somplace else. Definitely not worth the title of Best Of Long Island. Oh...the Pecan Pie was pretty good too.
- A Pleasant First Time VisitRevaDined on 3/31/2012It was a cold rainy night and the place was packed. The food and the service were good.I had a salad with large shrimp but it wasn't filling enough for dinner.My husband had a fish and pasta dish which he enjoyed. The room was almost full with a loud table nearby. They finally settled down. We were in the closed outside room which was not insulated so at times it was cold. We did comment to the server about this and the heat was restored. I would return when the weather improves.Special Features:
- I have been there a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/25/2012I have been there a couple of times for both dinner and brunch. The food is really good. If you go there for brunch, meal proportions are huge. Keep an eye out.
- I had not been back to Rachel'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2012I had not been back to Rachel's during the day in a long time, the outdoor deck was full so we were seated inside. The decor is outdated, the seat cushions were stained and the tables did not align, we were also seated right near the kitchen so the waitstaff would have to squeeze by carrying the trays over our heads. Our waitress was pleasant however slow on refilling drinks and she never did bring us another basket of bread when we asked her to.
- The best in FreeportOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Our favorite on the Nautical Mile. Always a great meal. The service is efficient and friendly. We like the fact that they try different things with seafood and they all seem to work.Special Features:
- Overall we thought everythingSUEnRICHVIPDined on 2/11/2012Overall we thought everything was very good. The food was prepared properly and the service was very good too.Special Features:
- I used Open Table to findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2012I used Open Table to find a nearby seafood restaurant for my daughter's birthday. What a surprise to find such a nice restaurant with delicious food. I plan on revisiting in the summer so that we can eat outside.Special Features:
- Rachel's never fails to meetKennVIPDined on 1/27/2012Rachel's never fails to meet or exceed expectations. The new patio cover is amazing, extra space, "outside dining" in the winter with climate control. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Very loud music and the dinnerBarbieGirlVIPDined on 11/8/2011Very loud music and the dinner was a disappointment.
- Don't Miss This OnenygirlVIPDined on 11/5/2011Despite the fact that the streets were barren, Rachel's was hopping! We went for dinner Saturday night, and although the restaurant was very noisy (which usually turns us off a repeat visit) the food was delicious and the service outstanding. I enjoyed the Octoberfest's Osso Buco which was done to perfection. We've also been to Rachel's for brunch a few times and they have great selections. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Very pleasant surprise, particularlOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/15/2011Very pleasant surprise, particularly considering that we were celebrating traditional Octoberfest dishes at a waterfront seafood restaurant.Special Features: