31 Race Lane
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.racelanerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 324-5022
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: From 5pm : Open Everyday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Rowaida Plumeri 6313245022x
A word from Race Lane
Race Lane is a comfortable, casual upscale restaurant, with beautiful alfresco dining available and a hand crafted cocktail and wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Race Lane reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (18)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good food in the neighborhoodbarbEHVIPDined on 11/14/2014It should be busier. The food is always reliably good as is the service. I guess it qualifies as a hidden gem. It's certainly a good place for a larger group - we were 7 - to sit and talk comfortably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackhassidVIPDined on 11/8/2014Race Lane has become one of our favorites. The food and the service have been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treatDaschaVIPDined on 11/1/2014Race Lane always comes to mind when we want to treat ourselves to elevated comfort food. The owner/hostess, Roweda, makes us feel at home and we find ourselves there whenever we want to feel like we're taking a cozy evening dinner break. The space is gorgeous in all seasons but we naturally find ourselves there more often as the weather turns less friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereUnpretentiousDined on 10/25/2014Hadn't been in a while. The food was great, wonderful service. Really love the bar and the fireplace. The pork chop was amazing - but huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PineDined on 10/17/2014Race Lane is nestled on a quiet street a few blocks from the main road. The outside is uninspiring and we almost reconsidered our reservation. Inside, the restaurant is lively without being noisy and comfortably casual and relaxed. The food is outstanding. We enjoyed the foie gras, roasted beets and beef carpaccio as appetizers and steak, striped bass and scallops as entrees. Each dish was masterfully rendered. The kitchen seems to be consistently excellent. The wine list is balanced and reasonably priced. Race Lane is a find. I look forward to second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We were a group of 8 this past Saturday night. Appetizers were fine, but every one of the main dishes served was cold. When one of us complained to the waiter, he gave her a bit of an attitude. The owners tried to make amends to us by providing free desserts and promised to mail vouchers of unknown amount for a future visit due to the cold food and poor service and also for spilling sauce on someone's shirt. The food would have been good if it were served hot. Don't think I will be going back.
- Great food but service is slowRonnieDined on 10/11/2014Hostesses are generally clueless, reservations are only taken as suggestions (My experienced wait times are 30-65 minutes after the reservation time), and there never seems to be enough bartenders while you cram at the bar to wait for your table, nor servers once you finally sit. But, we make a reservation and wait our hour every darn time we are in EH because the food and wine is SO worth it! Totally recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- monalzbroocVIPDined on 10/6/2014Even during season in East Hampton Race Lane has been consistently good -- good food, good service, lovely surroundings. And last week, definitely an off-season mid-week in October, it was outstanding. Nice to know they can be counted on even when they're virtually empty of patrons. Lovely attentive waitress (new to Race Lane but not to East Hampton's restaurants).Special Features:
- One of our favoritesjackhassidVIPDined on 9/27/2014Race Lane has become one of our favorite restaurants in East Hampton. It is consistently good both in terms of the food and the service. And, (something rare these days) it's quiet. One can actually have a conversation with ones dinner companions without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food poor service stylishNYCfoodieDined on 9/20/2014The soup was very salty as was the chicken. The Caprese salad was flavorful and escaped the over enthusiastic salter of the other dishes. The pork chop was bland and so thick that it was tough. All would have been bearable if not for the terrible service. The soup did not come with a spoon. Tracking down a waiter was difficult. After the entrees arrived in fact the entire wait staff disappeared. I found a lovely bus lady who tracked down a waiter for my check at that point the attentiveness of the staff came - to ensure that I would enable them to turn the table over by practically pushing me out the door
- Lovely findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We were pleasantly surprised...lovely ..good food..service very good. Sometimes sont like sitting at banquet where two,people face the wall...Special Features:
- hatetocookVIPDined on 9/4/2014Friendly, casual place to eat. No "attitude." Helpful staff.Special Features:
- Non-scene gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/27/2014In East Hampton it seems most people are there to be part of the scene. But there are plenty of people who just want a great meal with delicious wine in a beautiful setting. This is Race Lane. The oysters, the salads, the pork, the chicken, the pasta, the bread...It's all delicious. The wine is quite overpriced than I'm used to, but I do appreciate it being served at proper temperatures. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got a reservationweyrockVIPDined on 8/23/2014They were very accommodating last minute. I had a great dinner with my parents. My mom and I both ordered the swordfish and it was cooked perfectly. The waitstaff took care of us perfectly. I look forward to returning and bringing friends.Special Features:
- Hidden GemAmagansett2014Dined on 8/22/2014One of the best restaurants out here. Food, staff and service are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhampton happinessPalettepalDined on 8/22/2014Everything from the food(pork, scallop and burger!) to the service, cocktails and excellent wine list. A few bottles were out, but it is the end of August. Well done Racelane. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- DisappointingDivamom1984VIPDined on 8/17/2014All of our meals were mediocre and over priced. My scallops, all four of them came cold. The restaurant was not busy so I wonder what was happening in the kitchen.Special Features:
- db5469Dined on 8/16/2014very nice menu; great service; casual and relaxed. very much enjoyed our dinnerSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014We did show up for our reservation dinner at Race Lane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StSyc723Dined on 8/9/2014The restaurants is very pretty especially the outdoor area. The food is average. We enjoyed the outdoor dining area very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not be my first choiceLynneDined on 8/2/2014Food was good but I think it was expensive for what we received.Special Features:
- Food was really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The location is out of the way but the food and atmosphere is very good and well worth the trip - we were a group of eight and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was adequate to good on account of some grief about a side of spinach - there were some very good prices on quality wines and a decent selection. We'd go again.Special Features:
- The following 375 reviews are from the Race Lane reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/30/2014Thirty year veterans of East Hampton dinning, just having spent four weeks enjoying restaurants in the area. In our experience RL consistently at the top of the list. Food is fresh, inventive and well presented. Atmosphere is relaxed and the service attentive. In addition to the main course specials particularly enjoyed the Octopus tomato confit, Foie Gras with rhubarb chutney and the Sea Scallops with parsnip puree. If not addicted to celebrities and pretension, very highly recommend Race Lane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiesta65Dined on 7/26/2014Food was very good and service was fantastic considering we had our two year old grandson with us. They were so willing to please the little one making our experience very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in East Hamptonmbd3VIPDined on 7/23/2014I am never disappointed by Race Lane, except when I can't get a reservation. That is never a problem on weeknights, though, when it tends to be quiet and therefore even more fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAM1KAM1Dined on 7/19/2014The papardelli, pork chop and lobster mac n cheese were great although I prefer a larger mac noodle in my mac n cheese. Our server was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent. Service was very attentive and accommodating. Only drawback was out door dining was not terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent choice in East HamptonCardiacKidVIPDined on 7/18/2014Successor to the original East Hampton Laundry, Race Lane offers reasonable prices for well-prepared food. As is common on the East End, wait staff is enthusiastic but inexperienced. Our party of 4 waited 30 minutes past our reservation despite many many unoccupied tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great non-scene experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/15/2014While all the other hot-spots in town were packed to the hilt on a Tuesday night, this restaurant that is slightly off the main drag provided a calm and serene dining experience. The meal ended up being one of the best we've had in town, from the oysters to the salads to the chicken, pork, and Brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentdissapointedfoodieDined on 7/12/2014High expectations. Ambience great but it ended there. Tuna tartar doused in soy sauce and included mini pasta pieces. Inedible. Octopus app (not grilled as the waitress said it was) As a results the fat on the skin was left inedible and had no flavor. Chicken entree also bland. Check one East Hampton restaurant of our list and all of our friends lists.Special Features:
- GoodeatsGoodeatsDined on 7/12/2014I've been going to Race Lane for many years and have enjoyed it. I love sitting in the outside garden in the summer but the inside ambience is nice too. I generally enjoy the food but on my last visit, I ordered the risotto with scallops. It was bland and awful...the risotto looked just like the scallops...white and boring. I was very disappointed in that and sent it back. To their credit, they didn't charge us for the dish. However my boyfriend's dish, veal bolognese, was delicious as well as the macaroni special. I will still go back to Race Lane even though I wasn't totally pleased this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- choosyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Had dinner with friends and we all liked our dinners however, my husband and his friend asked for braised ribs which were on menu but waitress said it is not being offered anymore.Very disappointing that it still shows on the menu.The supplement price for an entree was $10 which was not worth it since the entree was already $33.In spite of this, overall experience very nice and would recommend.Special Features:
- PalettepalDined on 7/3/2014A very well balanced menu & tasteful wine list. The outdoor seating shady and cool after a hot day and the wait staff nice and friendly. We enjoy the steaks here very much - better than any steak house I've visited. Juicy & flavorful with truffle butter. We will surely come back for a third visit very soon. Excellent Wines by the glass which is appreciated ....Special Features:
- Misses the mark...fortlauderdalefoodyVIPDined on 7/3/2014We went last week on Thursday night and the restaurant was almost empty! The one waiter we had seemed arrogant and the music playing was too lud and inappropriate for dining. The food was good but this place misses the mark completely! Afterwards we opped into Frsno for a drink at the bar and the restuarant was buzzing with activity. That say's it all!Special Features:
- PalettepalDined on 7/3/2014Great dinner on a busy weekend! Yet still they were able to deliver great service (ask for alex) and excellent food. Try the whole fish (stuffed with fennel & lemons) & the oysters with granita are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No wonder it's easy to get in hereMboenVIPDined on 6/27/2014Our reservation was for 9:00pm. Were there on time, but were sent to the bar for at least 15 minutes to wait without any apologies or complimentary drinks. At the table, finally, we had slightly better service, but not by much. We were left alone for longer stretches of time than would have been acceptable elsewhere. My Portobello Antipasti appetizer was bland, and while the burger I ordered had good flavor, I ordered a side of fries from the waiter, but wasn't told my burger already came with fries.Special Features:
- GemrosebudDined on 6/27/2014Great atmosphere, good food, good wine, relaxed and non pretentious yet totally cool.Special Features:
- Friday night dinner with friendsmemeDined on 6/27/2014We decided to come out to East Hampton on short notice and none of our familiar haunts were available for dinner our first night. Race Lane had an opening at 8pm and we decided to take a chance, even though we really didn't know what to expect. The three of us were pleasantly surprised in not only the ambience and service, but the food was delicious! We will definitely be spending many more dinners at Race Lane and have already recommended it to many of our friends.Special Features:
- An off night but still greatEastEnderVIPDined on 6/21/2014I've been to Race Lane quite a few times and it has always been amazing. This past visit was an off night for them. Food was at it's usual best but the risotto special (vegetable) was not good. The vegetables were raw and seemed to have been just thrown in. Really very bland and disappointing. All the other dishes where great though. Service was also a bit slow this visit as well. We waited for our main dishes for about 45 minutes. I asked if they were short handed as the service has never been this slow and the waiter said there was a large party outside slowing things up. Not sure if that was the case but something was up. Despite this I would still recommend this great East Hampton restaurant. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Race Lane is always consistent in food and service and atmosphere. Always very accommodating.Special Features: