31 Race Lane
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.racelanerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6313245022x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: From 5pm : Open Everyday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Rowaida Plumeri 6313245022x
A word from Race Lane
Race Lane is a comfortable, casual upscale restaurant, with beautiful alfresco dining available and a hand crafted cocktail and wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Race Lane reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (22)special occasion (21)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (14)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Got a reservationweyrockDined on 8/23/2014They were very accommodating last minute. I had a great dinner with my parents. My mom and I both ordered the swordfish and it was cooked perfectly. The waitstaff took care of us perfectly. I look forward to returning and bringing friends.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014One of the best restaurants out here. Food, staff and service are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDivamom1984VIPDined on 8/17/2014All of our meals were mediocre and over priced. My scallops, all four of them came cold. The restaurant was not busy so I wonder what was happening in the kitchen.Special Features:
- db5469Dined on 8/16/2014very nice menu; great service; casual and relaxed. very much enjoyed our dinnerSpecial Features:
- StSyc723Dined on 8/9/2014The restaurants is very pretty especially the outdoor area. The food is average. We enjoyed the outdoor dining area very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not be my first choiceLynneDined on 8/2/2014Food was good but I think it was expensive for what we received.Special Features:
- Food was really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The location is out of the way but the food and atmosphere is very good and well worth the trip - we were a group of eight and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was adequate to good on account of some grief about a side of spinach - there were some very good prices on quality wines and a decent selection. We'd go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/30/2014Thirty year veterans of East Hampton dinning, just having spent four weeks enjoying restaurants in the area. In our experience RL consistently at the top of the list. Food is fresh, inventive and well presented. Atmosphere is relaxed and the service attentive. In addition to the main course specials particularly enjoyed the Octopus tomato confit, Foie Gras with rhubarb chutney and the Sea Scallops with parsnip puree. If not addicted to celebrities and pretension, very highly recommend Race Lane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiesta65Dined on 7/26/2014Food was very good and service was fantastic considering we had our two year old grandson with us. They were so willing to please the little one making our experience very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in East Hamptonmbd3VIPDined on 7/23/2014I am never disappointed by Race Lane, except when I can't get a reservation. That is never a problem on weeknights, though, when it tends to be quiet and therefore even more fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAM1KAM1Dined on 7/19/2014The papardelli, pork chop and lobster mac n cheese were great although I prefer a larger mac noodle in my mac n cheese. Our server was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent. Service was very attentive and accommodating. Only drawback was out door dining was not terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent choice in East HamptonCardiacKidVIPDined on 7/18/2014Successor to the original East Hampton Laundry, Race Lane offers reasonable prices for well-prepared food. As is common on the East End, wait staff is enthusiastic but inexperienced. Our party of 4 waited 30 minutes past our reservation despite many many unoccupied tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great non-scene experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014While all the other hot-spots in town were packed to the hilt on a Tuesday night, this restaurant that is slightly off the main drag provided a calm and serene dining experience. The meal ended up being one of the best we've had in town, from the oysters to the salads to the chicken, pork, and Brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentdissapointedfoodieDined on 7/12/2014High expectations. Ambience great but it ended there. Tuna tartar doused in soy sauce and included mini pasta pieces. Inedible. Octopus app (not grilled as the waitress said it was) As a results the fat on the skin was left inedible and had no flavor. Chicken entree also bland. Check one East Hampton restaurant of our list and all of our friends lists.Special Features:
- GoodeatsGoodeatsDined on 7/12/2014I've been going to Race Lane for many years and have enjoyed it. I love sitting in the outside garden in the summer but the inside ambience is nice too. I generally enjoy the food but on my last visit, I ordered the risotto with scallops. It was bland and awful...the risotto looked just like the scallops...white and boring. I was very disappointed in that and sent it back. To their credit, they didn't charge us for the dish. However my boyfriend's dish, veal bolognese, was delicious as well as the macaroni special. I will still go back to Race Lane even though I wasn't totally pleased this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- choosyDined on 7/6/2014Had dinner with friends and we all liked our dinners however, my husband and his friend asked for braised ribs which were on menu but waitress said it is not being offered anymore.Very disappointing that it still shows on the menu.The supplement price for an entree was $10 which was not worth it since the entree was already $33.In spite of this, overall experience very nice and would recommend.Special Features:
- PalettepalDined on 7/3/2014A very well balanced menu & tasteful wine list. The outdoor seating shady and cool after a hot day and the wait staff nice and friendly. We enjoy the steaks here very much - better than any steak house I've visited. Juicy & flavorful with truffle butter. We will surely come back for a third visit very soon. Excellent Wines by the glass which is appreciated ....Special Features:
- PalettepalDined on 7/3/2014Great dinner on a busy weekend! Yet still they were able to deliver great service (ask for alex) and excellent food. Try the whole fish (stuffed with fennel & lemons) & the oysters with granita are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No wonder it's easy to get in hereMboenVIPDined on 6/27/2014Our reservation was for 9:00pm. Were there on time, but were sent to the bar for at least 15 minutes to wait without any apologies or complimentary drinks. At the table, finally, we had slightly better service, but not by much. We were left alone for longer stretches of time than would have been acceptable elsewhere. My Portobello Antipasti appetizer was bland, and while the burger I ordered had good flavor, I ordered a side of fries from the waiter, but wasn't told my burger already came with fries.Special Features:
- GemrosebudDined on 6/27/2014Great atmosphere, good food, good wine, relaxed and non pretentious yet totally cool.Special Features:
- Friday night dinner with friendsmemeDined on 6/27/2014We decided to come out to East Hampton on short notice and none of our familiar haunts were available for dinner our first night. Race Lane had an opening at 8pm and we decided to take a chance, even though we really didn't know what to expect. The three of us were pleasantly surprised in not only the ambience and service, but the food was delicious! We will definitely be spending many more dinners at Race Lane and have already recommended it to many of our friends.Special Features:
- An off night but still greatEastEnderDined on 6/21/2014I've been to Race Lane quite a few times and it has always been amazing. This past visit was an off night for them. Food was at it's usual best but the risotto special (vegetable) was not good. The vegetables were raw and seemed to have been just thrown in. Really very bland and disappointing. All the other dishes where great though. Service was also a bit slow this visit as well. We waited for our main dishes for about 45 minutes. I asked if they were short handed as the service has never been this slow and the waiter said there was a large party outside slowing things up. Not sure if that was the case but something was up. Despite this I would still recommend this great East Hampton restaurant. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Race Lane is always consistent in food and service and atmosphere. Always very accommodating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014Good food and service. BUT Blaring music. Not conducive for a nice evening out
- ConvenientLisaVIPDined on 6/7/2014This neighborhood restaurant is good for a last minute night out without the stress of getting a reservation. Food was good....not fabulous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014Food was very good if a little pricey. The restaurant was not crowded when we were there last Fri nite. Service was friendly and informativeSpecial Features:
- AwesomeMikeNYCVIPDined on 5/30/2014Race Lane is a superb restaurant. My wife and I loved the creative and delicious menu, very welcoming and professional service, and charming ambiance (love the fireplace!). Our favorite in the Hamptons by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PickEhampcookDined on 5/24/2014Haven't been there for a long time. Very pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Great dinner!TruefoodieVIPDined on 5/19/2014I really enjoyed everything here, the server is very nice & attentive, the food is excellent, and nice atomosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walk to pleasureUncleBuggyDined on 5/19/2014It is a bit off the beaten path but not too far to walk in you are staying in town. We picked a particularly quiet night but the service was sharp and attentive but not intrusive. Food was presented well, tasted great and there was plenty enough to get a doggie box. We would clearly go again.Special Features:
- Very good dinnerRobADined on 5/17/2014We had a very good dinner with terrific service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnertn86Dined on 5/10/2014Went for special occasion. Food was awesome! Will definately go back!Special Features:
- Treat your tastebuds to fabulous!MadameKatVIPDined on 5/9/2014What an enjoyable evening we spent at Race Lane! The food was absolutely delicious, and beautifully served,and reasonably priced. I had the steak special with truffle butter, and it was done to perfection. Their beet salad, and fish entrees were made everyone smile. I particularly enjoyed the attention from the wait staff, and their knowledge of their wines. The ambiance is perfect for a night in East Hampton, and should not be missed!Special Features:
- All time fave....foodiekingDined on 5/9/2014LOVE this restaurant ... food is fab, especially the bolognese & must try the burger. Best ever. The outdoor seating is also a must if you can score a seat outside.Special Features:
- Multiple visitsRoccoDined on 5/8/2014And the food is consistent - Fresh, delicious, and the gang there always remember how I like my martini - 5 olives & made the right way - with a splash of vermouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedMattDined on 5/2/2014Again I had a wonderful meal at Race Lane. And again, I was stunned by the prices. Even within the context of East Hampton, the food is overpriced for what you get, especially considering the small portions and expensive plain salad starters. If money is no concern, you will have a good meal in a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- The following 344 reviews are from the Race Lane reviews archive.
- Really nice EH restaurant,KKNYCVIPDined on 3/28/2014Really nice EH restaurant, Welcoming, warm service. Lively bar. a bit pricey on the regular menu - restaurant week menu was a fine value but very limited choices.
- It was a pleasure to joinGW44VIPDined on 3/27/2014It was a pleasure to join Race Lane for HRW. The food and service is good. The outdoor patio is great as it is uncovered and the outdoor feeling is not compromised. Children were unsupervised and running and yelling thru the dining room much of the evening. I look forward to enjoying the regular menu and patio soon.Special Features:
- From laundry to raceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014It is terrific gem. Owners are young and sweet and caring. Food preparation and appearance outstanding as is the taste I would highly recommend Race LaneSpecial Features: