Raccoon River Brewing Company
200 10th Street
Des Moines, IA 50309Neighborhood:
Downtown Des Moines
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Raccoon River Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.raccoonbrew.com/
- Phone: 5153625222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Bryan Manning
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit www.raccoonbrew.com for more detail on private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Bopes 5153625223x
- Entertainment: Join Raccoon River Brewing Company for FREE live music every Wednesday and Saturday night!
A word from Raccoon River Brewing Company
Looking for fun? You found it! Raccoon River Brewing Company invites you to check out their delectable lunch and dinner options, world-class housemade ales, free live music Wednesday and Saturday nights and the best pool hall in town! Come be a part of the fun - it promises to be an experience that will entice you to keep coming back for more. Located on the corner of 10th and Mulberry-downtown Des Moines, Iowa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Raccoon River Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Downtown Des Moines ›
Raccoon River Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (6)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Raccoon River BreweryJockularItchDined on 9/13/2014Went there off of recommendation of colleagues and was not disappointed. Great beer, had the prohibition style pilsner, great body and good taste. Guy Fawkes burger was awesome and no one in our group complained about the food so that's usually a good sign. Great little micro brewery for Des Moines.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forKBwiscDined on 9/13/2014We were looking for a comfortable atmosphere serving a good burger and the Racoon River Brewing Company turned out to be the perfect choice. While traveling from Ames we logged on to the Open Table app. We came across The Racoon River Brewing Company and it looked like a good choice. We made the reservation through the Open Table site and all was well when we arrived. The restaurant is large and had live music which we didn't stay for this time, but we look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBradsLang05Dined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent the beers are amazing and our server was very friendly and helpful overall we had a fantastic experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We had reservations and were seated right away, but it was busy when we were there and it took over an hour to get our food. Mine was over-salted and my friend's was too spicy. Our server did a good job with drinks etc, but the kitchen was clearly overwhelmed. There were tables near us that were seated later and got their food before us. We thought we'd allowed enough time to get to our show, but ended up being late.Special Features:
- Great dinner!LawomanDined on 8/30/2014This was a great spot for our family to meet! Good beer choices and the food was very good! It was a fun atmosphere and not very crowded for a Saturday--although we had reservations. Definitely would go again. Service was great!Special Features:
- No Attention To DetailPiddlequeenDined on 8/5/2014Once we entered the restaurant, we were barely acknowledged by the hostess. It was almost uncomfortable. We we're taken to a table in the corner next to a set of stairs that looked into the beer brewing room. The window that provided our view was filthy. Our waiter was shy, but seemed to make every effort to give us good service. He was attentive, and he brought our drinks and food in a timely manner. The beer was very good. Two of the four meals delivered to our table were good, and two of the meals were mediocre at best. It was not a memorable experience, and I would have to say that the food was overpriced for the experience.
- Party of 16mealplannerDined on 7/26/2014no problemo.......a second wait staff would have been good, but the people we attended this event with were RAVING About the menu and the food quality - and they are fussy!Special Features:
- a staple for us to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014One of our favorites. great food and beer [Bandit IPA]. Rustic atmosphere with some historic culture. Timely pleasant service.Special Features:
- Great serviceFoodieWinoDined on 7/23/2014I got a burger, the spicy one, it had a lot of great flavor. However, it sat in a sea of grease from my flavorless onion rings. I did end up eating 85% of the burger and enjoyed a house beer that was delish. Drain the onion rings would be my only suggestion. Husband got the beer sampler and a sandwich, he enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- splendidDined on 6/24/2014Whenever I visit Des Moines on business, I bring clients to lunch at Raccoon River Brewing Co. It provides yummy sandwiches, exceptional and refreshing drinks, fun atmosphere, and friendly, dedicated service. I can count on Raccoon River Brewing Co. to provide us with a very good experience.Special Features:
- Just OKveggieDined on 6/13/2014Dined here with three others. One person liked their turkey burger very much. Two of us had fish and chips. It was fine, but the portions were much too large. I would have preferred half as much food for a lower price. Fish and chips doesn't have to cost $17.99. The fourth person dining has severe food allergies, and both the server and the kitchen were very good about trying to cook something he could eat safely. The restaurant is quite noisy, but we knew that going on, so can't really complain about it. Our waitress was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 159 reviews are from the Raccoon River Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Great service!dsloanDined on 5/13/2014Booked a table for a small business meeting and was very pleased with the service and food. We will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.Parker29Dined on 4/19/2014Loved the on-line reservation ...and the food and service were excellent!Special Features:
- Loved itKat6Dined on 4/12/2014Went there with my prom group Saturday and the food was awesome. Not to mention our server was very friendly and attentive. I'd recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had funRussDined on 4/9/2014Great deal on sliders on Wednesday nights. The jalapeño caps were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prodigy PartyCntlSystAnalaystDined on 2/28/2014Great experience for this group of professionals! The table was ready and the service, food and beverages were all fantastic!Special Features:
- They forgot about usOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014We had reservations for 7pm, were seated in an out of the way behind the stairs, good view of outside, nice area, but there were several large groups nearby. I had to go get the server after 15 min because no one even came to the table for a drink order. Our appetizer was set on the table and our dinner came less than 15 sec later. no time to enjoy the appetizer and we felt rushed. I will look else where next time I eat in the down town area.Special Features:
- Pricy for what you are gettingMDH2OsDined on 2/14/2014Great beer, great atmosphere and good service. The only downfall is the food and price of the food. It is ok, but for the price it should be much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!MartinDined on 2/14/2014The ribs were great, the burgers were wonderful, but the sides left us wanting more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was poorMagnumDined on 2/6/2014We had a party of 10 who ordered during the lunch hour. Our waitress was lacking personality and to be honest given the gratituty on our checks, I would have given her a lower tip. She didn't greet us, tells us about the daily food item for Thursday nor did she stop and ask how everything was. She did one thing right and that was to bring refills on water/coke other than that. Her customer service skills were poor and we won't be back.Special Features:
- Good timeSmarttalkerDined on 1/14/2014Service was timely and nicely done. There were four in our party. One had a salad with a special dressing that had a kick to it. Another had a gluten-free dish that was delicious. She appreciated the 'gf' designation by several dishes so she had several dining choices. A third had a burger and I had the four cheese mac n cheese and both were very good. Two chose housemade beers that were great. Another chose wine and a fourth chose water. We had a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant atmosphere4810kjDined on 1/14/2014My only complaint was it was cold where we were sitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfevt EveningMusicDined on 1/11/2014The table we reserved was in the location we requested. They accomodated 2 more at our table with a phone call. The food was excellen! The show wonderful. (Loved the Veggie Burger!.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014We had a group of 11 and our waitress was outstanding! Very helpful and just spot on with everything. Food was great, noise level was good and we all had a wonderful dinner! Will be back many more times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm fuzziesVOYECDined on 12/20/2013Nine transitioned from an offsite retreat to RRBC for a late lunch and more conversation. The staff was pleasant and attentive without becoming overbearing. The drinks were brought out timely, as was our luncheon order. Everyone's dish were received as requested (no returns to the kitchen). The flavor of the Tallgrass Ale Cheese Soup was nicely balanced between the ale and cheese without the distraction of the rue and was smooth in texture. The Thai Cobb salad was tasty but I would suggest ordering this salad with dressing on the side as it was a bit on the heavy side. Our meeting conversation went past our hour of dining. Thankfully, the staff remained attentive to any beverage needs and did not interrupt or try to shue us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRonLDined on 12/14/2013Unique menu items. Great flavor. Portion size good. Would have enjoyed a better selection of their beers but those available we're goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something differentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Great spot if your looking for something different. We had the calimari for an app, and burgers, and everything was great, and came in big portions - we took probably half of it home with us! It was a great night for my husband's birthday & we would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger and a beer spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013I had 'THE HOOLIGAN', it's a burger topped with blackened beef tips and Maytag blue cheese with chipotle mayo. Super good and just the right about of messy. I washed it down with one of raccoons house beers. It really hit the spot. Great attentive service.Special Features:
- Business Lunchjgc01Dined on 11/21/2013Nice place upstairs to be able to separate from the rest of the crowd and have a good discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodSKossDined on 11/9/2013Our server was fantastic and we had a great time. The food was delicious and we will definitely be back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first impressionLukenjennDined on 11/9/2013This was the first time either me or my fiance had been to the brewery. And everything went very well we got seated promptly got our beers right away. Food came quickly and was hot and delicious. All and all a very good first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy SurpriseGreyGhostDined on 10/4/2013We received a gift card for this restaurant and were Greatly surprised by the building and I am still thinking about the wonderful food. Love this place, but a little too noisy due to the type of building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improve your dessert menuscthawkiDined on 10/1/2013Dined at RR with my husband this week. Food was very good, service was good (waiter seemed new and had too many tables to cover), but dessert sucked. I haven't had dessert there in a while, so I asked about their Chocolate Stout Cake. Not on the menu any longer. Bummer! RR--improve the dessert menu. The caramel brownie we had was not your style. It tasted day-old and reheated in the microwave. The ice cream was something cheap from a carton. Bring back your fresh, homemade desserts or I won't waste my money or calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere was good and ourribloverDined on 9/13/2013Atmosphere was good and our wait staff was very professional. Our onion ring appetizer was very greasy. My pulled pork sandwich portion was minimal not proportioned with the large bun. Fries were limp, if they were crispy they would have been great. BBQ ribs were the special that night and there was nothing special about them at all. KINDA TOUGH.Special Features:
- A very unique experience.sorebackDined on 8/24/2013A very unique experience. We loved the warehouse look and the associated decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placeHobbsDined on 8/2/2013As usual, Raccoon River Brewing did not disappoint. Excellent beer and food (quality and variety), prompt and friendly service. This place always exceeds my expectations.Special Features:
- Good but loudNickDined on 7/20/2013The food is always good and the beers are amazing, but after 1900 it can get pretty loud in there.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, good timesBlondie81Dined on 7/20/2013My husband and I were pleasantly surprised when we went to the Raccoon River Brewing Company for dinner with friends on Saturday night. We've been there before for drinks and appetizers and it was ok. I think the menu has been revamped which was another nice surprise. They have a great selection and all of our meals were delicious. We'd go again to hang out with friends or family.Special Features:
- We dont live in the Des MoinesSHELLYVIPDined on 7/13/2013We dont live in the Des Moines area. Would not run back to this restaurant, appet. were fair, upper floor atmosphere should be reserved for parties not regular dining guests, not initmate enough. Was told this was a "NICE" restaurant, could have worn shorts and a tshirt. Mashed potatoes were over whipped, salmon was slightly well done, Honestly just expected MORE than what we got!!!Special Features:
- Nice place, they let is sitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2013Nice place, they let is sit and talk, but they still took good care of us.Special Features: