537 Washington Blvd.
Jersey City, NJ 07310Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.raaz.us/
- Phone: 2015330111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Ramanath
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We will cater to any occasion whether off site or on site.
A word from Raaz
Raaz, literally means a secret, and we unlock the secrets of the age-old Indian recipes, and present them for your indulgence. Raaz delivers the same flavors as in the age old Indian way of cooking in the earthen pots where the fresh fragrance of soil and exotic aroma of various herbs and spices combined to form an excellent culinary experience and tempt the taste buds. Raaz dishes out delectable delicacies, which is a perfect blend of the traditional and contemporary way of cooking thus according a unique eating experience for the epicureans delight. Raaz is a joint venture with a strong regional brand of North India (North of Delhi) "Hot Millions". With a vision and mission to maintain the highest level of culinary and hospitality excellence, Hot Millions has been catering to guests since its inception in 1979. Raaz is an authentic Indian restaurant, brought to you straight from India, from an Indian Restaurant group.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Raaz reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great foodTerribleDined on 8/5/2014Awesome......................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2014Had dinner there with out sons (in their twenties). The service and food were terrific. We live in Hoboken and had been looking to have Indian food and we will definitely be back to Raaz now that we found it. All the dishes we ordered were delicious. Outstanding Butter Chicken, Lamb Rogan Josh and two other dishes whose names I've forgotten. One was a mixed vegetable dish and the other a shrimp dish. Our waiter was very attentive without being overbearing. Looking forward to many future meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raaz is AwesomeJCRedDined on 6/21/2014Took a date there and was thoroughly impress...to the point that I'm writing a review (which I never do). Our server Shivi (I'm probably spelling it wrong) was ridiculously polite and awesome. They have a happy hour on a Saturday that goes to 8 pm, and since we got there at 7:30 he made sure to let us know so we can order the discounted drinks. In fact, he even came around right before 8 to ask if we wanted to put in another round of the discounted drinks for later. I'm not well verse on Indian food and was please with Shivi's recommendation of the Butter Chicken. The Chicken Saag was great too, and even the leftovers I took home were great the next day. Raaz is worth it. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Raaz reviews archive.
- Service and Food, equally greatbritgirlVIPDined on 3/16/2014The samosa chaat, is my favourite on this menu. Service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Razz is terrific!SunilVIPDined on 2/7/2014The management and staff is very attentive! Though it probably had to do with my lovely date! Food is great, menu extensive and varied and service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Authentic Indian FoodaPandaDined on 1/10/2014The food here reminds me of that found only in India. Excellent street food starters, amazing main courses and frankly a very caring manager who provides an outstanding service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong food and servicebritgirlVIPDined on 12/15/2013This is actually very good Indian food and server was very good and was able to offer recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my MealRogerVIPDined on 9/16/2013As always enjoyed my meal here! I tried the chicken biryani this time and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Indian foodUWSfoodieVIPDined on 7/28/2013I've been eating Indian food for twenty years and Raaz ranks way up there with some of the best I've ever had. Each dish had its own distinctive flavor and taste. Mint sauce that tasted minty. Fresh raita. Three kinds of chicken kebabs that all tasted different. Yum. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, relaxed serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2013Great, genuine Indian food, but a little relaxed service. We had service a little late, they forgot a little about us even though there were few others there, and forgot our nan-bread without taking it off the price. But the food - delicious.Special Features:
- Awesome Dhaba MurgRogerVIPDined on 6/29/2013I really like the Dhaba Murg and also the Litchi Martini very much here. We enjoy going there since we live close by and its a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My freinds and I are now regularsTeamTastyLibationsDined on 5/24/2013My freinds and I are now regulars here. Always great food and great service at Raaz. Particularly Lunch Buffet!Special Features:
- Good Food!RogerVIPDined on 2/7/2013Raaz is a really good North Indian Restaurant in the area. Their service is really good and they even remember what I like! This time although I had the Chicken Phall Curry, man was I on fire! It is a really spicy curry. It was great but I will stick to my favorite Dhaba Murg, with medium spices. Am craving it, but am traveling right now. When I get back will come in for the Dhaba Murg!Special Features:
- It was wonderful to walk acrossOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/26/2012It was wonderful to walk across the street from our hotel to Raaz. We had Tandoori Shrimp and paneer palak, and garlic naan - all great. Nice service, friendly people. Would go back if in the area.Special Features:
- Wait staff was personableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2012Wait staff was personable and was able to make special accomadations for my dietary needs. Service was prompt and food came out hot and fresh. The entry portions are fit for one person and served in bowls on top of a plate. Good find!Special Features:
- Good jointOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/1/2012Went there for my mom's b'day, great place and great food.Special Features:
- I discovered the hidden secretTeamTastyLibationsDined on 8/23/2012I discovered the hidden secret of Raaz 8 months ago when my friend who has been frequenting the restaurant for two years invited me to their lunch buffet. Upon entering the restaurant I felt like I was transported from the bustling streets surrounding Newport Center Mall to a relative’s home in India. The décor and ambiance make you feel quite at home. There are comfortable booths off to the side for a more intimate setting and large tables in the center for families and large business groups. The lunch buffet is amazing. $12 for all you can eat classics starting with vagtable pakoras and salad, basmati and biryani rices, daal, vegetarian (paneer) dishes, tandoori and curried meats (among my favorites are chicken tikka achari and chickeSpecial Features:
- I really enjoy going to Raaz.RogerVIPDined on 6/11/2012I really enjoy going to Raaz. Their Dhaba Murg is the best! I also like the Punjabi Kadak Tandoori Rotis that they make for me specially. Will be back surely!Special Features:
- Best Indian Restaurant in Jersey COpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2012Service was excellent and so was the food. The Manager is extreemly nice and is very accommodating. I go here at least once a week. Love the place.Special Features:
- Raaz has some really niceRogerVIPDined on 1/25/2012Raaz has some really nice cocktails. I tried the Litchi Martini this time and it was amazing.I miss fresh Litchis in the US. Besides that, as always the food was great. This time I had the Chicken Chetinad which was great, although it was a little more hot than I normally eat the flavor was amazing. My wife had the palak paneer, which she really liked. Both of us relished the Ras Malai that we shared.Special Features:
- very taste and delicious IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011very taste and delicious Indian food.. lots of variety and friendly service.Special Features:
- A great eatery for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011A great eatery for drinks and a quick meal. Modest ambience, great service, and excellent food.Special Features:
- I had an excellent time aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2011I had an excellent time a laid back place with good food.Special Features:
- I just love their HyderabadiRogerVIPDined on 8/12/2011I just love their Hyderabadi Kabab and the Lapeta Kabab. The bread basket is a great addition to the Kababs. Service was great and they took great care of us, although they were quite full. They had Bollywood music playing on the tv, which kept everyone engrossed. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2011Wonderful experience. Exceptional food and attentive service. Helped us celebrate a birthday with extra attention and a candled cake!Special Features:
- We are big fans of IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/9/2011We are big fans of Indian food, and this was amongst the best we've ever eaten. The service was beyond attentive, truly amazing service. The ambiance leaves something to be desired. Noise level on the high side, with Indian families and small children - but not terrible. The menu looks like a Fridays menu - plastic laminated - colorful boxes - but all the right stuff on it. No tablecloths but cloth napkins. Prices were a good bit lower than Manhattan - actually very fair. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Raaz is a great spot for someMattDined on 3/24/2011Raaz is a great spot for some very good Indian food. The first test of any "ethnic" restaurant is what portion of the patrons are of that ethnicity. Walking in to see a table of roughly 20 people who appeared to be from that part of the world means that Raaz passes that test with flying colors. The variety on the menu was quite thorough, and clear descriptions help both neophytes and knowledgeable customers. The bar selection was excellent; and the food itself was exactly what we were looking for. My manager, who claims not to have had any Indian food in the last 20 years, left suitably impressed.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011Excellent Indian restuarant The service was very friendly and the manager was happy to chat with us. The food was very good, especially the curries. Medium was very spicy. They will adjust spice to your tastes. Definitely a gathering place for the Indian community, so we knew the food was authentic. Very reasonable prices for large portions. They validated our parking. Nuff said, enjoy!Special Features:
- Raaz is truly a great NorthRogerVIPDined on 1/12/2011Raaz is truly a great North Indian Punjabi restaurant. Apparently, they belong to a restaurant group from India. I have been going there for over two years and was happy to find them on opentable. The food is excellent and so authentic, the service is great and the manager remembers you also and what you like to eat!! My favorite dishes there are the dhaba murg and the lamb biryani.Special Features: