RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tustin
2401 Park Ave
Tustin, CA 92782-2705Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tustin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/tustin
- Phone: 7145661700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. daily:
3 p.m. - 11 p.m. daily
Bar: Open until 1am or later daily
4 p.m. - 7 p.m. Monday - Friday
Reverse Happy Hour:
10 p.m. - Midnight Monday - Thursday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tustin
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tustin reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ServiceMaryDDined on 10/10/2014I loved my server- she was welcoming and fun, and it doesn't hurt that our food was amazing too!Special Features:
- Hannah was our waitress. great!!janieDined on 9/12/2014we will go again specifically because of her. the food is good and all but she really made the dinner all that. we live in hawaii so are not regular customers. we were last here in December and she ws our server. just out luck she served us again this time. we were very lucky that it worked out that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our waitress went above and beyond to accommodate my food sensitivities She was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014RA has one of the best Happy Hours out there! Food is delish & prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTeddiDined on 7/30/2014The service and food was fantastic. Manager even came over to the table. Only one complaint. Music was so loud you couldn't hear the person next to you......but maybe us ole folks just are hard of hearing. Would definitely go back. Tempura is best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tustin reviews archive.
- Glad we went to happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Place is a little bit pricey. I am glad we made it in time for happy hour.
- Fresh and FunOCDinerDined on 5/10/2014The fish was fresh and tasty. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to Japanese food, typically opting for simple, clean flavors, but every once in a while its good to try some inventive and tasty new hand rolls and appetizers. If that's what you're in the mood for, I'd recommend Ra, especially since the service was attentive and friendly. The only negative thing was the decor (flooring, tables, wall hangings, etc.) looked a bit worn, and ready for a face-lift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSushiloverDined on 4/25/2014We got in a little early for our reservation but were seated right away. Our server remembered everything we ordered... Without writing it down so kudos to her! The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation is a mustortizcnmDined on 4/11/2014If you want to come here on a friday night you need to have a reservation as it gets packed and wait time can be lengthy. Using the open table app works great even for last minute reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!jvela4everDined on 3/28/2014We thought dinner would be more expensive based on how nice and trendy the restaurant looked. We had reservations and were seated immediately. The server came immediately to greet us and offered drinks and starters. We asked for suggestions for our last order and she was excited to help us and asked if we had any allergies and thought of a great roll for us. We were delighted with her suggestion. The restaurant was a little noisy but the outside looked like a good option and nice atmosphere. We had four in our group, otherwise we would like to have sat at the bar and watched the chefs.Special Features:
- ra sushi TustinblankrDined on 3/22/2014Great food and service. We're given a table right next to the entrance, which was not to great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceortizcnmDined on 3/14/2014The service was great, we walked in and we got seated right away with our reservation. The waitress was awesome she remembered us from the last time that we were there. Food was delicious, everyone was always attentive and asking if we needed anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular here!MissAudreyVIPDined on 3/10/2014Never had an issue. Love their late night happy hour.Special Features:
- Good Place for Happy Hourmissjae15VIPDined on 3/9/2014We dined here on a Sunday evening - they have an excellent happy hour (8-11pm). They have an easy happy hour menu with $3 and $5 items. The Viva Las Vegas Roll is a must-try!Special Features:
- Late night sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014This place is great for late night sushi. They will make any rolls for you if you do not see it on the menu. They have late night happy hours M-Th 10pm-1am.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am shock that it cost $39dingbdayDined on 2/28/2014I am shock that it cost $3 per cup of tea to began with. With paying for tea then I am expecting to have a pot of tea on my table or offer refill automatically, but I got neither. Otherwise I went on OC resturant week so the price value is good.Special Features:
- Sushi Paradise!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/27/2014Excellent food quality, service and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- FoodGasmic!RaMazingDined on 2/23/2014The food there is simply delicious! It's pricy, but worth it for once in a blue moon. I highly recommend the hot miso soup! Try all the Ra Must haves because they ARE a must have. I came during brunch so there wasn't many people there. It's great if you were on a date, not a first date though. They played good music and the service was good. Our waiter was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 thumbs upAR23VIPDined on 2/16/2014I had gone to Ra Sushi a couple of times in the past and decided to make an impromptu reservation on a Sunday afternoon. I was not disappointed. The food was very good and the dragon bite cocktail was fantastic. Our server was very pleasant and knew the menu very well. I will definitely make more frequent trips to Ra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved!chelsDined on 2/14/2014I loved the Valentines Special!! it was a three-course meal that was just the right amount for my boyfriend and I!! We were very satisfied and the service was awesome! We love eatng there :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RA ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Reminds me of a restaurant in the movie Rush Hour. It's kool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Dinner was great and so was the waitress ahe was very polite and very tentative. The hostess was a great too she kept making sure everyrhing was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour HitAngvuDined on 2/14/2014Love coming to ra as a group for happy hour. We order up family style and enjoy a little bit of everything that way. Drinks are tasty and ok prices as well. Favorites are the shrimp tempura, garlic ponzu yellowtail, viva Las Vegas, and salmon asparagus rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Very Loud/Noisy.FoodlivrDined on 2/14/2014Great food. Very Loud/Noisy. Not a place to go if you want to have a conversation with your friends. Not a relaxing meal plus staff vacuuming around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Date NightortizcnmDined on 2/13/2014Great place for a date night with my spouse, quiet enough for us to talk or just hang out and watch a game. Can fit a lot of different occasions or just a nice place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatLauraVIPDined on 2/8/2014Service and food never disappoint no matter how busy it is. We ordered: Uni sushi Tako sashimi Yellowtail sashimi Maguro sashimi Philly roll Scallop dynamite appetizer I'll definitely be back and would highly recommend if you enjoy basic sushi/sashimi and like a vibrant atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Sushi...pretty loudSeahawkFanVIPDined on 2/8/2014I took my wife to dinner at RA for a sushi night. Overall the menu selection was good and the food was well prepared. The restaurant had club music that was very loud, made for tough conversation. The tables are also packed in fairly close so its not a place to take someone for an intimate romantic evening. That said, its a lively hang out with quality food. We'd go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014I came here with an especially noisy group of friends (8 in all) and the service could not be better. Our waiter was so nice and the food came out very fast. It was all so fresh and I will definitely come back for lunch again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love RA!LisaVIPDined on 1/17/2014Being able to book via opentable.com saved us a considerable wait on a Friday night. Other's were told an hour and a half and we were seated immediately! Food is creative and their happy hour choices are items from the menu, not different, less popular choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and yummy sushi rollsSherryBDined on 1/3/2014Friendly staff, nice ambiance, food comes up fast and works well for small or big groups ...lots of options for serious sushi-lovers to newbies! Gotta try the Las Vegas Roll ... the fried lotus root on top is so yummy and adds a nice crunch. Another good and different roll is the Lobster Mango roll ... served with a refreshing kiwi-wasabi drizzle on the side, goes so well with the super-thin and delish mango slices on top of the roll. Everything looks very appetizing and artfully presented, too! We took a few pics ... OPEN TABLE, please add option to upload photos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013Wonderful service for group of 15. Very accommodating and helpful throughout the evening. Thank you for hosting us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi in Convenient LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013We went here the other night to catch up with a friend. The suhi was good, not the best I've ever had but decent for a chain restaurant. They take reservations so that was convenient, especially for a Friday night. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good night out with friends or a special someone. The ambiance is dark and romantic but with an energetic feel to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive and the sushi is notyiyiDined on 11/15/2013so sorry about this, I spent 80 in a dinner for 2 and the sushi was not good at all.
- Loving Happy HourIrvineSushiGirlDined on 11/7/2013This place may be a bit pricey to go on a normal basis, but if you go during their long happy hours and events, most of their food and drinks are significantly discounted. The drinks and sushi are delicious, especially their LA Roll! During the nights, this place can get a bit noisy, so if if you're planning to get to know someone on a date, try sitting outside. Also try to make reservations, because it can fill up fast. My recommendation? Sit up at the sushi bar. The service is much faster up there and you can turn your back to the noise to talk more easily to the person you're with. Overall, this has become a weekly dining place for my roommate and me and I can't wait to get back over there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiEdwardDined on 10/13/2013Great sush especially during happy hour. Expected to pay 40 plus $$ but only paid about 20 or so. Would recommend dining at night.Special Features:
- Great Sushi Happy HourDanNVIPDined on 10/11/2013The sushi happy hour is a great deal & the service caps off the experience.Special Features:
- If it was a little quieterRose1234Dined on 10/4/2013If it was a little quieter it would be good for families. The music is a little loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sashimi excellentLauraVIPDined on 9/14/2013Sunday @ 7:00 p.m. Sashimi: tako, scallops, halibut and maguro Scallops were the best I've ever had. Quite surprised with such high quality. Rolls: Paradise roll and Geisha roll. Too much rice and too thinly sliced. Drinks: Sapporo draft, Kirin Light and hot sake Service was perfect. Took our order quickly and the food was brought out in a timely manner. Cleared table whenever needed with being prompted. Made sure we had plenty of ginger. Very reasonably priced for the high-quality sashimi. Undecided whether we'll return because the rolls were a little disappointing, although maybe we just ordered the wrong rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, Waiter veryDaveDined on 9/5/2013Food was great, Waiter very attentive, We ordered 8 different sushis, 1 veg tempura and 1 chirashi bowl. Sushi came right away, the other 2 items took a while.Special Features:
- Sunday Night RegularsMissAudreyVIPDined on 9/2/2013Boyfriend and I always come here, late Sunday night for some light sushi before bed. It's not busy at all. Fast service, friendly staff, and happy hour time!Special Features: