RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tucson
2905 East Skyline Dr
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: (520) 615-3970
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar Open Daily till Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tucson
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (11)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- disapoyntedVIPDined on 11/8/2014I love RA and eat there often. I am not fond of the new menu changes and am concerned that they are cutting corners. You now have to request wasabi and ginger. The halibut was rubbery, the new agedashi tofu has too much garluc and the mushrooms took away from the dish instead of adding to it.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/30/2014Had lunch again Ra and had wonderful service. We really enjoyed the Chirashi bowls.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I had lunch at Ra and the service was very good. The kitchen was a bit slow getting our order out, but our server checked in often to assure us that it was on the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food deliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our server was great but some people at the table ordered cooked food. By the time it came the sushi eaters were done. Not a good thing. Food sh come out at least so people can eat together.
- Rah-rah RAevieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We're regulars at RA and always order the Las Vegas roll and rainbow roll for happy hour. It is not only delicious but fresh as can be and meticulously prepared.Special Features:
- Always greatPheeeeelDined on 8/20/2014Nice dinner always. We either go to North or RA at least once upon every visit. The good is great and always improving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ra, oh how I've missed youKwynDined on 8/17/2014It's been over 4 years since we lived in Tucson so Ra was one of our top picks for dining upon moving back. It did not disappoint! Food was amazing. Wait staff did try to give us two squid salads when we only ordered one - thanks but no thanks! We were stuffed! I don't care for 2 seat tables, even if we were only two people but the place wasn't even close to capacity so there was no need to put us in the corner. But most importantly, the food rocked! We enjoyed the lobster salmon roll and viva Las Vegas roll. Oh I forgot, the tuna sashimi was not good. I wouldn't eat it, too chewy and veiny for me. Rare for Ra to put out that low quality of fish but my husband ate it! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Love the sushi. Changing specials menu. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tucson reviews archive.
- Excellent SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Ra was awesome!!! Don't deny yourself! My wife and I went to Ra for our 11 year anniversary. Ra blew my mind. Now we only eat the rolls, we have not graduated to the "real" sushi. But what we had blew the rolls we have back in Indiana away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great sushirlc26Dined on 7/25/2014Great place to grab sushi, especially during Happy Hour. Drinks are poured well. Sushi prepared well. Noise level is a bit extreme. I felt like I was yelling across the table most of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch, too noisy for dinner.DinnerDined on 7/12/2014They do have a wonderful lunch menu, and decent price. For dinner, it's ok if you like sitting in the disco to eat. Sushi/sashimi are great. Service was good. Terriyaki chicken udon noodle is way too salty, and chicken is over cooked, dry and chewy.Special Features:
- Great patioFrequentdinerVIPDined on 6/16/2014Love RA, but the noise level is so high that you can only comfortably sit on the patio. We've asked the manager to turn down the music several times, but that is their norm and they will not turn it down. So, if the weather is not good, we do not go there because you have to yell to converse. Fortunately, if the weather is good, the patio is great.Special Features:
- First sushi since Japan.chelc09Dined on 6/5/2014They were very good. The sushi of course not quite as good as Japan obviously, however the salmon sashimi exquisite sweet, salty and smokey. They other sushi rolls were very good we inhaled our food. The noise level was a bit much, but it has a bar ombeance so to be expected. Our Sever was fast and friendly and fair price for sushi. Overall for being in Tucson, Arizona this place was fantastic. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/13/2014I had lunch here and the sushi was good and the service was much better than I expected.Special Features:
- Unfailingly fresh sushievieVIPDined on 4/28/2014We walk over to RA for happy hour and get an unbelievable deal on a Las Vegas Roll and Rainbow Roll ... very delicious, filling and a bargain. Can't beat that.Special Features:
- Great food - great prices!BKERSTACEYDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I took four teenagers to celebrate my daughter's 17th birthday. We dined during RAs bustling happy hour, which was a perfect setting for our group. The food was fantastic and the prices are very reasonable. Highly Recommend RA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Night at RALeeBDined on 2/16/2014RA has become a favorite place for lunch, dinner and late night. The food and service are always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTootsielouDined on 2/16/2014We had a late valentines day lunch at. RA. The Cupid option was delicious and just the right amount of food for a late lunch date. The ambience and location of our table was great. Our waiter however seemed preoccupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoy RAFoodieDined on 2/15/2014This was a special Valentine deal offered over the Valentine weekend. We went on the Saturday. It was busy but the food and service were very good. We chose to sit out on the patio. It was quite loud inside. It was a lovely evening. The only thing that was a tad disappointing was that the dinner for two deal was not enough food. We had to order two more dishes. No worries though. The food was delicious and not over priced.Special Features:
- Spectacular SushiDanielVIPDined on 2/8/2014Traditional items are perfect, but we enjoyed innovative rolls and great wines for lunch and strolled this mall, the best in Tucson, and had a great afternoon. We were tempted to return for more on the way to our car. It must be a great bar at night, indoor outdoor in Tucson with sushi, sake, and the requisite tequila. We have returned many times and this place is always fun, clean, and deliciously creative. You should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sushi & hot spot!FoodloverDined on 2/7/2014I always go to RA Sushi in Tucson and love the creative sushi rolls, especially the Las Vegas roll! It's a really fun place too, excellent music and great energetic vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in townCChavezVIPDined on 1/22/2014Great food, amazing place! The calamari is the best I've had, and the Tuna Tataki is to die for. Drinks are definitely not for the light drinkers. Great ambiance, and not too loud for an evening out. Perfect for girls night. Our server was very knowledgeable and we definitely appreciated his recommendations. The staff was great and quick, but was a bit awkward because it felt like everyone working was in a bad mood. But overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitBillDined on 11/26/20136:30 reservation and finally seated 25 minutes later.Special Features:
- Great food and very energeticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2013The food was very delicious and our waitress was very attentive and friendly. However the music volume was a little too loud for me. It was extremely difficult trying to talk to and understand my group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Only If......ScryetDined on 10/22/2013I had made a reservation at this place because I heard it was the best place for some type of sushi which I didn't get. The food is great but I had a problem with the service. I really don't like sitting at a huge table especially if it's only two of us. I had specifically asked for a table for two in the middle on the place far away from the wall and the lady have us the biggest table at the wall. I would've given this place five stars only if she would've payed attention to my request. So the food is good but service is a bit choppy. Try it out though you'll like itSpecial Features:
- We had a great time- fooddine2knightDined on 10/18/2013We had a great time- food was fantastic- service was outstanding!! We had a great time. A happening place, JimSpecial Features:
- Delicious!AllaboutsushiDined on 9/28/2013My husband and I were staying at Westward Look for the weekend and wanted to eat somewhere nice for dinner. We both recently discovered we like sushi but haven't ordered sushi at many restaurants. When we went to RA our dinner consisted of only sushi and edemame. The food was amazing! And the prices were excellent! We went during happy hour and got a ton of food and a couple drinks all for under $50. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodmarathonrunnerDined on 9/21/2013The restaurant itself is well known for the quality and service. I experienced both last weekend. I reserved the table online and it was ready for me when i arrived along with being called Mr. I went to celebrate a special occasion and even though there were kids there, it was very kid friendly and it did not get in my way of celebrating. The sushi chefs are very clean and quick and concentrate on their job and nothing else. I am very happy that "happy hour" was increased from 3-6 to 3-7 since a lot of us cant make those hours and feel rushed, so i had 2 hours to make the ladies happy with all the happy hour sushi and drinks and my wallet was happy. Highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- To noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2013Music was to hard. Even if they say that the loud music belongs to the concept. A party made to much nois and no remark was made to them. Above one is asked to give a remark on the noise level. There was not a change to chose 'to loud' and had to pick 'energetic' this was not the case!
- Delectable!BodzDined on 9/14/2013We were so impressed at how wonderful the food was and for such a great price too! We got so much food it was good and we left full but not stuffed it was really a fun time. The only thing was it was really loud, but towards the end of our meal it was less noisy as people were leaving. Other than that it was a great time!Special Features: