RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tempe
411 S Mill Ave
Tempe, AZ 85281Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tempe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: 4803039800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tempe
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tempe reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)romantic (2)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I always enjoy coming to this location, because it's easy to reach and the service is always great. The food can be a little too imaginative for a Japanese joint, but if you order something you're familiar with, it's dependably delicious. Our server is attentive, and the food and drinks were served timely. Because the interior is all wood and slates, noise can echo and the room can be noisy, especially when it's full. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi for Dummiesdine22jhVIPDined on 9/12/2014RA is a great place to take kids that don't like fish, those on a budget, those that have never had sushi and those that don't want to pay for sushi. RA is the perfect place for beginners combining unfriendly service with mediocre quality fish and deafeningly loud music. The restrooms are filthy and when the servers aren't being unfriendly, they are nonexistent. If you've never had sushi, try RA for your first time. If you appreciate top quality fish and service, i recommend you try elsewhere.
- most amazing food!sushiforeverDined on 8/31/2014I love RA! My first time here was for my 1 year anniversary and it was fantastic. Craved the food, came back a 2nd time and was completely satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014I LOVE RA! The food is unbeatable -- amazing happy hour too! Service is rockstar too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Tempe reviews archive.
- Great stop for Sushi in AZCaseyVIPDined on 6/25/2014very good sushi and service here. not to mention a bunch of lookers too! was not expecting much for sushi in AZ but this place did it well. prices were a little on the high side but was delicious... I recommend. consumermarinesupply.comSpecial Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We had a party of 10, worked out awesome, a little loud but the food was amazing, service was great, price is what we are used to paying for sushi and it is a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food. noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014RA always comes through with great food. We love their pork pot stickers.Special Features:
- Luv SushiDannoDined on 3/29/2014Waited entirely to long (12 minutes) before anyone came to the table to ask what we wanted to drink.after we were seated It was not that busy to have to wait that long. The food on the other hand was very good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSueHDined on 3/28/2014Best sushi I have ever had! The restaurant was packed and very noisy, but I would certainly go back when I'm in town. There is outside seating available, but I didn't view that area.Special Features:
- birthdaykcampbellDined on 3/13/2014Took daughter for 13th birthday at her request. Food and atmosphere were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but loudGaryDDined on 3/5/2014I should have known that it would be from its Mill St address (near ASU), even on a week night. Appetizers were good, Sushi was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemChefJillDined on 2/21/2014As a chef, I expect to be disappointed often and this was not the case. The hostess was on her game, the wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. We started with the RAkin' Shrimp appetizer which was a delicious and unusual way to fry shrimp with a creamy sauce so good we poured it over the green underneath and ate it as a salad. I had the teriyaki salmon bento box and the salmon was cooked to perfection with just a hint of pink, moist and not over-sauced. The veg was tender yet had texture, the white sushi rice was also perfectly cooked and so tasty it needed no seasoning. My husband had the Rainbow roll which was also very good and lovely to look at. We had drinks and this meal for right at $50!! What a find!! Chef JillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerLuvgoodfoodDined on 1/22/2014Their Tunacado was outstanding. The sushi was very fresh and well made. We had several of their rolls, which were delicious by the way.Special Features:
- Awesome sushi but terrible serviceBdaygirlDined on 12/13/2013Sushi is FANTASTIC, but I left very angry because the service was so terrible. I made reservations and arrived early, but they told me I had to wait for a table. I had a few people bring a friend, so I didn't mind waiting. Finally crammed in a booth, my server never checked the table or stuck around long enough to even take any real orders. Food and drink orders were wrong and took a LONG time. After being the last guests in the back section and having to track the server down to get the checks my bill was wrong. Server just said "well that was the sushi you wrote on the paper" instead of explaining there are two rolls with basically the same name. I never saw the other roll in the menu(s) which are hard to find descriptions in I might add.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 yrs old and under?yupitsmeDined on 9/28/2013If so this is the place for you. Not a restaurant but a bar that serves Japanese food as snacks. It was deafeningly noisy. If it weren't for the sweet waitress who was kind to my 85+ yr old parents we would not think much more of this place. As a college professor I understand the appeal but nope, it's not for me. Even though I booked this table in advance (we were visiting from out of town) and asked for a booth which is quieter for folks with hearing impairments through our Open Table reservations, we instead got a table in the middle of restaurant traffic and near the bar. We ordered small dishes because we wanted to get out of there as fast as we can.Special Features: