RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - South Miami
5829 SW 73rd Street
Miami, FL 33143Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - South Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: (305) 341-0092
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - South Miami
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - South Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Awesome ambiance, food & service.AmyNM78Dined on 11/4/2014I came for my birthday with adults and children. Although initially we really didn't think of RA as kid friendly, the server Kevin did an awesome job of accommodating everyone including the children. One of the kids bumbed his head on the table and Kevin immediately brought over an ice pack. He was also very knowlageable about the menu. I had the menu open and a friend inquired about a roll. He described it word for word as I was reading it from the menu. The manager (sorry I dont remember her name) came to the table to let us know if we needed anything to let her know. It was and Awsome dinning experience. All the food was amazing, I especially love the giant calamari. I will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than i rememberMariBVIPDined on 11/1/2014it had been a while since we had braved ra on a saturday night, mostly because the transformation to a loud nightclub eclipsed anybody's opportunity to have dinner. the music was low enough to allow conversation, and there was no line weaving out the door -- good start. the menu had changed and, although a bit confusing, offered up a lot of new interesting options and new favorites. when we got the food everyone was pleasantly surprised -- everything was delicious! garlic edamame, crispy onion albacore, viva las vegas roll, spicy yellowtail... all delicious. would totally do it again -- especially during happy hour where thy have some pretty great deals.Special Features:
- Love this placeLaylaDined on 9/30/2014It was great dinner party and the services was excellent. I just wish they would turn down the AC a bit. With all the lights it gets a bit hot in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - South Miami reviews archive.
- Nightmare MealdisappointmentVIPDined on 7/20/2014Sadly, the service and sushi at this South Miami restaurant are so sub standard that I would never return. Perhaps Sunday is not their best day but waiting 90 minutes for the food to arrive and then receiving the wrong order (and the sushi was not fresh) was truly frustrating.
- I will not go backSpoolyVIPDined on 6/24/2014I just HATE when a place has to nickel and dime to make an extra buck. We missed Happy hour by 20 minutes, and that's ok, but we're already paying twice as much so in perspective -- we asked for extra eel sauce and spicy mayo, and they did not tell us there was a charge, they just brought one extra of each for all 4 diners and charged us $4. Then we asked for more of the Rokin(tm) shrimp sauce and one of the waiters said it's 50 cents, we said forget it--another guy shows up with the sauce, thanks figuring it was gonna be free. Overall our check came to $110, so we were not being cheap - but I HATE a place nickel and dimes like that for a few bucks. We complained profusely, and the waiter did not care - did not remove it from the bill.
- Indoors vs outsideAJ72Dined on 5/24/2014Ra Sushi is great if you sit at the outdoor tables. Why in the world they can't figure out that the indoor ambience does not cut it, I don't know. It is ultra noisy with rock music bad lighting and TVs going. They should just replicate sidewalk feel inside and i would come even when it's too sticky and buggy in the summer.
- Always freshAnaKarenGDined on 4/11/2014Love coming here for the food cause it is always fresh. The ambiance is great. Sit outside and it's good for people watching or sit inside for a little romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday Celebration!!MarMontanoDined on 4/5/2014I reserved it to celebrate my sister's birthday (7 guests). I passed by earlier to drop off a cake and some balloons. Ra staff set it up on the table before our arrival...so that was very nice. We had a nice time, food is great! On the low side...the service was a little bit slow, but we still had a good experience. I definitely recommend this Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy sushijeni10VIPDined on 4/4/2014I've been to Ra for drinks at the bar and had an appetizer or two before. But when looking for a place to have dinner before going to the movies at Sunset Place, we decided on giving Ra a full try. We love in the area and walk by it very often but had never actually had an entire meal there. Wow! We've been missing out. Must trys: Rackin Shrimp (seasoned batter fried shrimp with a finger-licking sauce) and the crunchy monkey roll. We also had the ultimate shrimp tempura roll and it was good too. The spring rolls were delicious too. Every single plate was awesome! I highly recommend ordering a lot of different plates and sharing with the table! That way, you don't miss out on any of the flavors!!!Special Features:
- Great for group outings at RAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014My waitress Chantel was great! Service throughout the restaurant wasn't as fast as it usually was that night but rhat sort of thing is expected on a Sunday night because of how popular RA is. My waitress kept is posted about our food and was overall a very genuine good person. The food is amazing and my overall experience was great :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Food, Awesome Server!AnaKarenGDined on 3/13/2014Food is always fresh. Happy hour 3-7pm rocks! Alexis made our experience at Ra highly enjoyable. Servers like her is what we need more of in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourMagillaVIPDined on 1/1/2014This place has a happy hour from 4pm - 7pm. Great prices on Sushi and Drinks. One of my favorite places to go when I'm in South Miami. I recommend it highly...Special Features:
- New Year's EveMartlevyDined on 12/31/2013Excelente ubicación, la decoración muy agradable. Buen servicio de Eduardo. Excelente persona. El happy hour muy solidario a la hora de pagar la cuenta. Muy buena relación precio/valorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi in a super pretty spacesobefoodiesVIPDined on 11/6/2013The place is dark and lit by red lamps. Love the decor. The food is very good. Nice server, Eve. We celebrated my daughter's 16th birthday mid week and it was very nice. First time here and not the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Sushi...Raistlin156Dined on 10/12/2013Unique lighting, great location, and sushi that is simply different - very good different. The rolls / sushi creations are quite creative, not just silly named fluff style sushi that restaurants add to stand out, but well thought out creations that are actually really good to eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDWE383Dined on 9/21/2013Have been to this restaurant at happy hour before and it was such a great dining experience I was excited to return. Service this time around was poor, - I had to keep asking for the same things over and over. AT one time, I got up myself and went to the bar to get my own limes. It was happy hour as well and not so busy. I asked my waitress for a drink a couple of minutes before happy hour ended and she came back to me after 10 minutes and said she couldn't give me the happy hour price even though I had asked for the drink before it ended. So not the experience I had when I went here before. Food was very mediocre and found it insipid. Will not return