RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Scottsdale Kierland
7012 E. Greenway Pkwy
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Scottsdale Kierland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: 4809515888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Scottsdale Kierland
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Scottsdale Kierland - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Scottsdale Kierland reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (13)good for groups (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)fit for foodies (3)Show More
- BEST HAPPY HOUR! Until 7pm!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Whenever my girlfriends and I need to go to HH we always choose Ra. They have a BIG HH menu and it goes until 7 which is the latest Ive found. After dinner there is still time to shop around a few stores at Kierland. It is a great spot and can get busy but they will take reservations.Special Features:
- Amazing food!HannahDined on 8/24/2014We were having a surprise dinner for my friend, and it turned out wonderfully. The food was also amazing, I'm totally gonna come back for some sushi!Special Features:
- Best SushiLove2eatDined on 8/19/2014Had tuna nigiri and smoked salmon nigiri...EXCELLENT flavor & quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but $100 billLovinOandIDined on 8/15/2014Ra has great food but we never leave without $100 bill. The drinks are expensive even a domestic beer at $5+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedJeffInPhoenixDined on 7/26/2014Very loud music playing with heavy bass. Two other customers commented about it and they did turn it down twice but it was still loud. The food was average. Service was poor. 25 minutes between asking for check and leaving. Would not go back.
- Good PlaceamazingDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed ourselves. The Apps were very good and the meal was good. It was not the most amazing food i have ever had quality, but it was definitely the will be back again variety. Well priced and AMAZING service.Special Features:
- Sushi and Saki, great comboVikingJoDined on 7/18/2014This was my second time dining at RA Sushi and I've enjoyed both times. The Saki and Kirin complimented my Spicy Salmon Roll quite well ! I will be coming out there again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Scottsdale Kierland reviews archive.
- Great dinnerArizonaLocal17Dined on 6/14/2014Good dinner, just wished they would have washed down the patio table before seating us, table was loaded with ants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/27/2014I am from out of town and sat at the sushi bar by myself, which I do frequently and doesn't bother me but the waitress and the woman at the sushi bar made it so difficult that I could only order certain items from each person. I wanted to try different things and was not aware if they were 'hot' or 'cold' items but when I ordered a 'cold' item from the waitress, the woman behind the sushi bar spoke sternly that I was to only order 'cold' items from the bar. I had also ordered a sushi roll, that I did not know was 'hot', from the paper you fill out when you first sit down. When I asked about the item, the woman behind the sushi bar answered 'that's a 'hot' item, did you order from the waitress?
- not a happy happy hourstillneedasushifixVIPDined on 4/30/2014When I made a reso for 6:45 I didn't realize it was still part of hh, but we decided to take advantage of it once we found out. I thought what great luck, making it just in time. Nope. Everything had obviously been pre-rolled and left to die in a fridge. Rice wasn't sticky, rather it was falling apart and hard. The rolls tasted like mush so we wouldn't even finish them. The yellowtail and salmon nigiri were ok, aside from the rice of course. Seaweed salad was fine. Also, we sat outside since it was a nice evening and all you could smell was the sewer. Horrid. Not their fault, but it sure was nasty. Highlight of my night? Walking to Barnes and noble and ordering a rice krispie treat bc the whole night was already blown! Hah
- Fabulous and a must doTracibi32Dined on 4/18/2014Great food and service very creative menu Best sushi in scottsdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentpennywise7133Dined on 4/2/2014My wife been visiting Arizona for the last 8 years . We make it a point to eat here when we are in town . We live in Seattle so for us to eat sushi in the Desert. Means a lot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre dining experienceVacationdinerDined on 3/29/2014Food was average, but sushi and service was not impressive.
- ExcellentBfordDined on 3/20/2014First time being to this location. The experience was excellent however! The service was awesome and the food was even better! It was quite loud but mostly because of a large party that was there. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but not greatgoombsDined on 3/7/2014I had a variety of the "starters" and found they were alright, but not great. The tempura vegetables left a lot to be desired. The wings were very good, but with no dipping sauce, they could have been better. Sushi, the Las Vegas roll, was very good. Also tried the lobster rolls. Again, good, but nothing to write home about. The inside of the restaurant was very loud so sitting outside was a welcome relief. I went to socialize and it would have been too loud inside to have much of an intimate conversation. Overall a good experience, but not great.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceLeapingLVIPDined on 2/28/2014Sat outside to enjoy the people watching. Prompt service. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedHopingDined on 2/14/2014As people who usually choose small independently owned sushi bars my husband and I were a bit skeptical about this chain restaurant. The quality of the fish was excellent, the service very attentive and the value offered by the Valentine special impressive!Special Features:
- Sushi Delight !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013First time customers and we had a very delightful visit. The food was fresh and delicious. Great service. Keep up the great work !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013My girlfriend wanted to try this place out for her birthday dinner. I made a reservation for 3 on Open Table for a Thursday night. I had never been before so I didn't know what to expect. It was a nice little place, with nice outdoor seating. Sushi was pretty good at a fair price, but nothing was over the top amazing. I was a bit dissapointed in the service as I had intentionally mentioned in the reservation that it was a birthday dinner for my girlfriend in which I included her name and a request to make our first dinner here memorable. The hostess acknowledged that we had a reservation but no one acknowledged at anytime that we were first time guests or that we were there to celebrate a birthday. Wouldn't be my 1st choice for sushi again.Special Features:
- Good sushiBeaner66Dined on 10/15/2013Coming from out of town I searched restaurants near our hotel and found RA Sushi. The half birthday offer was a nice touch to the usual birthday discounts offered.Special Features:
- Slow startRickTerriDined on 10/11/2013We arrived 15 minutes before our rez and were immediately seated. We were not greeted for 10 minutes so we were close to leaving. The Manager approached and asked if we had been helped and insured we got water and our app order in. He then came to the table and comped our apps! After the slow start we were impressed by the food and service. Prices were reasonable for this part of Scottsdale. We tried the Las Vegas Roll and various sushi. The fish was very fresh and we would return.Special Features:
- Casual Outdoor DiningTbearDined on 9/28/2013Great patio and outdoor lounge area. Good food and friendly servers. A very comfortable place for a casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.