RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Plano
7501 Lone Star Dr
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: 4694677400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Plano
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (5)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- bill57kathyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was great and the service was excellent. The server was very attentive and did not interrupt conversations in process to ask if anything was needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Our host was super nice and she filled out every need!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud! Build some walls!EnjoyDined on 8/24/2014And keep your toilets clean! I needed to tell a waitress that the toilets were disgusting.Special Features:
- 8-21-14 business dinner-maybe a 6northdallasdiningDined on 8/21/2014at 715 the place was packed, having a reservation got us seated upon arrival. Jordan was a great server, she knew the rather awkward menu, and handled 4 first timers really well ! $236 later for the four of us, a few improvements needed..... the mixed drinks were very weak, I had two emperor margaritas, never tasted or felt any tingle of alcohol, same with others with different bar orders. all sushi orders were incredible, however my salmon on green beans entrée was a 3" beige square. stick with papadeaux's or salt grass for grilled, seared, pink and flakey, and larger portions. there is no desert menu, nor coffee (with baileys) options either......NP but for client type dining, its not an all-in location to go to.
- Too loudRecChile3VIPDined on 8/17/2014Way too loud. This was the wrong sushi bar to go to chat with friends I have not seen in some time. The sushi tasted good, but I've had better in other land-locked areas in the US.
- New Owners? Well Im not going back.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is under new ownership, and changed the menu with NO PRIOR WARNING. even though their website still says the Happy Hour is available on M- Sat 3-7pm. I brought this to the attention of the manager on duty, and he shrugged and said, "unfortunately i have no control over the website." Ah yes you don't, but you do have control over the pricing of my check. and I gave him opportunity to honor the "Happy Hour" prices and you said no, and then offered us a free appetizer. Sir, i didn't drive 30+ miles and to go to a sushi restaurant for an appetizer. ***BATE AND SWITCH*** I was insulted, and left with my family. we went next door to Mexican Sugar. and for the record, we were told the new "Happy Hour" is Monday - Friday 4-6pm.
- Creative DishesDallasfoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014RA does their best to be more than another sushi restaurant. Their menu is quite creative, and the food is great. We went for lunch and had their chips and dip (spicy tuna & avocado w won ton chips), several hand rolls (they were all great!), and a lobster roll. Everything was wonderful. We will definitely go back sometime for happy hour.Special Features:
- met expectationstamiDined on 6/23/2014Took my son in law for his birthday. Not necessarily kid friendly. But good service, great cocktails. Food was fine, the stand out was the hot mess appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Plano reviews archive.
- Love this place!AnonymousVIPDined on 5/20/2014Bo at the hostess stand is excellent! Always remembers me and the table I prefer! Easily my favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not preparedJayneeBDined on 4/22/2014In addition to the open table reservation, I phoned to assure we received outside seating and was confirmed that we would be taken care of. We arrived early and did not get seated before 7 due to a conflict.Special Features:
- Great for lunchJimlovesseafoodVIPDined on 4/16/2014Nice place for lunch. The menu is diverse and the atmosphere is fun. Happy Hour is a hot scene with a lot of local talent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a true reservation systemrotorudaDined on 3/27/2014You can get a time but once you get there you are put at the top of the waiting list. Had to wait over 30min and I was on time for my reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, fun wait staffDavidg1977VIPDined on 3/26/2014location adds a premium to the sushi… it's a pretty good sushi place with a really good atmosphere. nice staff and fun music. can be loud but great location in the northern legacy shoppes area.Special Features:
- Solid Sushi Spot, Group Friendlyfoodie45Dined on 3/16/2014I went to RA Sushi for a Sunday lunch with a group of 12 people. The place can easily accommodate big groups but a reservation should be made in advance to ensure availability. That Sunday afternoon the restaurant was half empty but the place being near Legacy Drive is known to fill up during prime times during the week. The menu was varied enough to fit the tastes of sushi and non-sushi lovers. All my friends enjoyed the food. I really liked the sushi personally. The waiter was patient in giving us ample time to order as people arrived at different times. The waiter checked on us at a good pace and periodically cleared empty plates keeping the table uncluttered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at RASushiReviewerDined on 3/13/2014Overall good night with some clients. I thought that the fish seemed very fresh as sometimes I think RA is in the average range on the fish in my opinion. Its a good value though for the price vs quality. Hoping this is something that will last as we like to hit this spot fairly often. If you don't like busy and loud, don't go here, or go during slower hours.Special Features:
- Business MeetingNewmieDined on 2/20/2014I enjoyed your space for a my business dinner. All was grea, only minor complaint would be the service was a little slow...food delivered at different times and drink refills (unless it was alcohol) was slow.Special Features:
- Valentine lunchTheDJsRedheadDined on 2/15/2014We called to let them know we were running a little late and the lady pleasantly informed us to take our time. It was the first time my husband had been and he really loved the food, which says a lot because he is very particular about his sushi. Great place to eat or hangout and drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/13/2014I love this sushi place. I like that they have hot and cold items and that each item comes out when it is ready. The fish always tastes very fresh. If you are looking for a place to have a quiet and intimate conversations this is not the place, unless you come for lunch. The music is loud, and therefore everyone is talking loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodGonzaloVIPDined on 1/29/2014The sushi is very tasty and the service is great. Definitely a great option when you are in Plano and want a classy sushi restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experienceTexagg98VIPDined on 1/29/2014Never disappointed at Ra. Viva Las Vegas roll is a must have every time. Great bar scene, overall excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE busy nightdittymauDined on 12/31/2013I made an Open Table reservation, got a voice mail message the afternoon prior that they could not "guarantee" the 8PM ressie as they would not know when others would leave, etc. and reccomended that we come early and get on the list. This did not work for us, we arrived at 8PM and checked in, they said there would be a wait so we went to the bar, had drinks, ordered some Sushi, no one ever came to get us to tell us our table was ready. Finished sushi, paid and left. Found out later on my phone they had texted me to tell me table was ready, but phone was in coat pocket on the barstool, and it was so noisy never heard the phone. If they had told me that, I would have held it out, but the hostess never mentioned this texting to me.Special Features:
- Restaurant is located in aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/27/2013Restaurant is located in a great location. Lunch is good for those on a budget. They often have deals (even BOGO lunches on bento boxes). Food is decent, nothing terribly special. We got the salmon teriyaki bento boxes for lunch. It comes with miso soup, a salad, one eggroll and dumpling, and some rice. Pretty basic, not too tasty, food turned cold really quickly as it was only lukewarm to begin with, so overall it just mediocre meals. The specialty sushi rolls looked better. We might try that next time if we come back.Special Features: