RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Lombard
310 Yorktown Center
Lombard, IL 60148-5564Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Lombard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/lombard
- Phone: (630) 627-6800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. daily
3 p.m. - 11 p.m. Monday - Wednesday
3 p.m. - Midnight Thursday - Sunday
Bar: Open until 1am or later daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up
Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate you’ll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Lombard
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSushi
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Lombard - Best Restaurants in Lombard ›
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Lombard reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (13)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The waitress was not friendly. She spend two seconds at our table. When we told her our order was wrong she came back and said that is what we order. The scallops where bad.
- Food service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/4/2014We came at 2PM on a Wednesday, with only 3 tables to service. Our waitress was very sweet and helpful, but our food was still not served by 3 PM when we had to report back to work. So we took it to go. There were 3 of us, but our sushi was packed in one large tray family-style instead of per person. Very odd. When we finally got all our pieces separated correctly to eat in our cubicles at work, they were somewhat soggy like they were just taken out of the fridge. It made us wonder if these rolls were not made fresh and the delay in service was due to the need to allow them to warm to room temperature. From now on we will stick with Kyoto for lunch, where the kitchen is much faster and the sushi is excellent.
- Always a great timeSonyDined on 10/31/2014The food is great at ra and so is the ambiance. Love going here with my boyfriend. Service is always so-so, but the crispy spice tuna makes it worth while. Also their prices changed/increased and they got rid of the pacific roll which I loved. Hope they don't continue down that path.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JesseDined on 10/30/2014Very pleased with my experience there. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRESH AND CREATIVESORfoodieDined on 10/13/2014Great specials for Happy Hour! Fish was very fresh, tons of interesting options, good for beginners as well as those with more adventuresome tastes.Special Features:
- Creative dishes/good servicegowarriorsDined on 9/19/2014Had a 2nd date here, and I was appreciative of the fact that the waitress was outstanding. Happy hour deals were really good, and the sushi dishes were inventive. I'd definitely come back here again.... interesting cocktail selections, too.Special Features:
- The server was phenominalLarryDined on 9/12/2014Kat, our server was quite helpful with suggestions. She was spot on with the recommendations. Her service was exceptional. The food was quite good too.Special Features:
- first timetheml63Dined on 9/12/2014It was my first time coming here and the happy hour was well worth it. Las vegas roll was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Awesome food and great service!! Bartender was great! Everyone was accomodating and nice. Sushi was prepared beautifully and tasted even better. Calamari was the best I have ever had! Will keep going back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!fit4lifetimefittnessDined on 8/30/2014I went here on a date, the food was great but for a saturday night they only had little staff, but over all amazing food and amazing drinksSpecial Features:
- ExcellantJohanlorDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service and perks! Used my $20 half birthday coupon that was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Good and drinks were on point! Service was great can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend a Friday evening0nettDined on 8/15/2014We dined outside (group of 2) and everything went according to plan. Service was fast, smooth, and helpful. I would recommend RA Sushi for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatraviVIPDined on 8/9/2014Thought the Salmon Taco's were good, and everything but the Sushi were excellent from the Salmon and green beans to the shrimp. The sushi was just ok and we tried a bunch of different items from the Las Vegas to the California.
- Great For Happy Hour SushiMunchinMatt1Dined on 8/9/2014Their sushi is excellent, and very reasonably priced if you go during their happy hour. Tootsie Maki, Viva Las Vegas Roll & Spicy Shrimp Rolls are my favorites. Very vibrant ambience, with upbeat/pop music playing in the background. Great for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushieyesbluegrey70Dined on 8/7/2014The atmosphere was happy and the Sushi was fresh and very tasteful. Me and my daughter had a great time, we will be returning very soon.Special Features:
- Love this place!VickieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great Food, Great Service, great ambience! Every time I dine there, I never have a complaint. Staff is very friendly. Service is excellent & best sushi hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truth be toldsarahbelleDined on 8/1/2014I love the food at RA, sushi rolls are beyond fabulous, & good drink menu. Love sitting outside on a nice summer day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Lombard reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014We are not huge sushi eaters, but, the waitress really helped us pick some different selections and we really enjoyed everything. It was a great night to sit at the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Great Sushi Place!Lagato4SushiDined on 7/24/2014This was my first time at any Sushi Bar and I thoroughly enjoyed myself at RA. The environment was cool and the staff was friendly and warm. I will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bernbernDined on 7/24/2014excellent janponese restaurant. sushi and sashemi selection and prep very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backWildfireVIPDined on 7/10/2014The food and service was very good. I've never been a Sushi fan until now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fashionable but not authenticchikatunDined on 6/27/2014I am Japanese and I want authentic Japanese food. This is not for someone like me who wants authentic Japanse food.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Walked into an only half full restaurant yet it took over 5 minutes for the hostess to seat us. Our table was filthy/ sticky and there were several dirty chopsticks on the floor. We left before our waitress arrived. Not sure why anyone would want to dine at such a dirty, poorly run restaurant. We went further down the road to Reel Club in Oak Brook and were thrilled with our meal there.
- great date nightLoveRaSushiDined on 6/14/2014Great sushi. Very affordable. Love the drinks. Fun date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceTiptoe2Dined on 6/7/2014Great choices, great presentation, great Staff. Sound system was a bit loud and music seemed all over the map. But this was a minor distraction to the evening.Special Features:
- fair/goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I didn't think the atmosphere was anything special...tables are very close together..food was fine, nothing special that we couldn't find at any other sushi. Miso soup was very good. I personally didn't find our server very friendly..she was fine, it was just that you got the impression she would have liked to have been anyplace else but there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilVIPDined on 6/2/2014Also like Ra, best sushi around the Lombard area that I know of. Friendly efficient service, good prices and all the dishes are prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of oursJeannetteDined on 5/30/2014You can never go wrong, always tasty & always fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2014Excellent food and service. Everyone was very friendly. The only complaint I have (why I removed one star) is the music was so loud I could not hear across the table to what my wife was saying. I normally dont mind noise, but this was bothersome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fun atmosphereJLshopVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is our second time here. We enjoy the sushi, enjoyed half price appetizers for happy hour, enjoy the atmosphere. This time we asked to eat in bar area so we could watch the Hawks game. Service was less than par. That is my only complaint. The waitress had an attitude and we were not sure why. Next time we will sit in restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food_service. Too NoisyMustTryDined on 5/16/2014The food and service was excellent. Our party had no complaints with the quality the food or service. The environment was challenging to conduct conversations with the music volume too high coupled with normal guest chatter. Our suggestion would be to tone down the music and let it serve truly as a subtle background verse part of the main experience.Special Features:
- Great food, good for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/12/2014The sushi is always excellent. The service is almost always subpar - it seems like it's generally understaffed. Water doesn't get refilled, it's hard to flag down a waiter for something you need. Additionally, while it's a great place to take a group, it can be hard to hear a date, as the music is pretty loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality SlidingburrrVIPDined on 5/11/2014We have loved RA Sushi over the years, and been many times. So this most recent visit was a real disappointment. The sushi itself was still excellent, beautifully put together and quick to arrive. But the cooked items our daughters ordered from the "hot kitchen" took an extraordinarily long time to arrive. Kitchens get backed up, of course. But the service was really bad on top of it. The waitress basically didn't check in or give us any updates unless I managed to flag her down, and then directly blamed the kitchen without any apology. Our drinks and water were nearly empty all night, and finally, there was no accommodation or credit for anything on the bill for dealing with all of it. It's too bad - used to be one of our favesSpecial Features:
- Great Atmosphere and Awesom SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Can't go wrong with RA EVER!!!! Great atmosphere and service! Prices are definitely reasonable for amazing sushi and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffPacagaweaDined on 5/3/2014Eaten here on many occasions. It is a great spot. Great food! Only one time did I ever have an issue and they took care of us promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Their happy hour prices are unbeatable! It's incredible that you can reserve a table for happy hour as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeTKDBBMOMDined on 4/11/2014Food is outstanding and the service is always great. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland and flavorless sushi rollsSweetChi303Dined on 4/10/2014The menu is disorganized and confusing and there are not complete descriptions of all the rolls. Our server didn't offer to explain any of the items. All of our food came out very quickly (all at once--not cool) and the rolls were definitely pre-made. They were bland and mushy. The fish was flavorless. We had to ask for wasabi and were not given ginger...what?! Yea, this is NOT a real sushi restaurant. Overall, the ambiance is the best thing going for this place. I will never eat here again. I feel like I need to go out for sushi again because this did not count.
- Ra Ra !!RichardDined on 3/27/2014We go their often, the Sushi selection is abundant, service is quick and the food is served with a smile.Special Features: