RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Leawood
11638 Ash Street
Leawood, KS 66211Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: 9138506260x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm-Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Leawood
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)special occasion (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- I love this place!ChrisDined on 9/15/2014oooh the Miso Hot! soup is AMAZING! great sushi, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to take off My ListsaejVIPDined on 9/13/2014Unfortunately they have stopped their Saturday 3-7pm Happy Hour specials, which is/was very disappointing since we have several RA lovers in our group- so it was great that RA had Happy Hour specials on Saturdays before 1opm. It was a beautiful day, one that would normally find the place packed on Saturday. Not sure if this was directly related to deletion of the 3-7pm Saturday Happy Hour since there was another event taking place too. The 10 of us ended up not staying to eat, but did order a few drinks before leaving - they were watered down. This used to be a go to favorite spot on a Saturday, but now it must be taken off the list. No reason to make this a go to location on a Saturday anymore. ;-(
- Great Happy Hour SushiusafunVIPDined on 8/29/2014Tried several items on the happy hour menu all good. Disappointed they didn't have peaches for the summer cocktail special.Special Features:
- Will dine at again.nixieDined on 8/26/2014The food and drinks were very good and fairly reasonably priced. The Gojira roll was amazing and I am now obsessed. Wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceKdfanDined on 8/1/2014The service here is awful!!!!! Forgot our appetizer and didn't bring it until the end of the meal and still charged us for it. Waited 35 minutes to get a drink and well over an hour for food.
- RA is slipping!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Understand what RA Sushi is and what it is not. It is a bar that also serves sushi. The focus is increasingly on the atmosphere and the bar, not food. That doesn't mean the food is bad. But there are several much better options close by if you only want good sushi. Because it's bar the noise level is high. Don't expect a quiet, romantic dinner. Because it's a bar don't expect efficient food service. Things come out of the kitchen / sushi bar when they're ready. So one person could be done eating before the others are served. This happened last night. The manager Kyle was polite and understanding but couldn't explain the problem. Things do seem to be slipping and I don't know if we will be back.Special Features:
- Great Time and Great FoodnickdubDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I loved our first visit to RA. The food was excellent and our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. We highly recommend and will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay food, bad serviceRestaurantMavenDined on 7/26/2014The food was okay, but the service left much to be desired. Our waitress was nice but largely ignored our table. It took 30 minutes to inform me that they were out of the entree I ordered (at which point the friends I were dining with were half finished. I also had to ask twice for silverware and when we asked for small dishes for our soy sauce we were given one plastic to go cup.
- Nom nom and noise.TVSReviewDined on 7/25/2014Fantastic food. Attentive service and I found a new beer to drink, but....the noise was deafening! Turn down the music or fix the acoustics.Special Features:
- Great food, mediocre serviceseafoodietDined on 7/25/2014We were seated and served drinks within ten minutes but it took 25 additional minutes to get our food orders placed. The only thing that made us forget the long wait was the taste; absolutely delicious appetizer & entrees! Can't go wrong no matter what you order. EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but loudoutforfuneveningDined on 6/27/2014Everything was fine, it was very loud and hard to talk across the table to each other. Food was good, but not great, last time I was there the food was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times!AussieDiveGirlDined on 6/18/2014Love Ra - always a great experience, delicious food and drinks!Special Features:
- Sat late...JoshDined on 6/18/2014Arrived at 6:50, had a reservation for 7. Table wasn't ready, though hostess was polite, she apologized & that our table would be ready as soon as the next group was finished. Very busy night, which is why I planned ahead for a reservation. While I was waiting (it's now 7:10), a manager came & sat a group of two at a table while the hostess was on the phone. After she got off, I asked if that was my table that was just given away. She apologized, it was. Then a group of two slid in from the front door & sat at a dirty table, only to be served in front of us as well. So now, 7:20, I've got 2 tables in front of me... Very frustrating to say the least. Waiter was great, food was great, had a great night, but come on. Honor your reservations.Special Features:
- Happy hour!foodloverVIPDined on 5/27/2014Good happy hour! Can get expensive quickly though but good sushi!Special Features:
- pukeDined on 5/24/2014I love foods ggggggggg(ggggggggggggfffffffffccvccccccccfcvccgjjhdjejeidbbbbbbbvbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Leawood reviews archive.
- Continues to delightJuliMcGVIPDined on 5/24/2014RA continues to delight! The sushi is top notch and very fresh. You cannot go wrong with anything on the happy hour menu. Love the cucumber collins drink and add a Las Vegas roll and I am in heaven!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceGeorgeDined on 5/7/2014We had a table of 7 and ordered sushi and entrees from the menu. All of our food tasted very good. We could overlook that the noise level was so loud that we could not hear each other at our table. It's a loud place. However our service was absolutely terrible, not just bad, terrible. The timing of our dinners was also less than acceptable. Some of our dinners came while others waited 10 minutes before they had any food. The food was good enough that we might call and get it to go, but definitely won't be dining there again. I would not recommend this place.Special Features:
- Always good!ChristineVIPDined on 4/15/2014We are regulars at Ra Sushi. We love it! Definitely the best sushi in KC. To avoid the loud music, go earlier... the later it gets, the more they turn it up. Great happy hour!Special Features:
- Only disappointment was Ikcfoodie12Dined on 3/24/2014Only disappointment was I was there on the last day they were running a special promotion and seemed unprepared for the amount of people that night. Also, didn't taste as Fresh as it usually does. These def will not stop me from going back but still a bit bummed they weren't more prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightJuliMcGVIPDined on 3/21/2014Got a special deal from their Hook Up program. 2 for $25 sushi. Great deal! Love the sushi here. The service is spotty. Doesn't stop the place from being packed.Special Features:
- Awesome food and great serviceAndyDined on 3/7/2014Our friends recommended this place and we were not disappointed. Their unique twist on sushi was great and the waiter steered us to some excellent choices. I highly recommend this place. The only negative is that its very loud, so don't go there if you want to have a heart to heart conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi!nomnomnomVIPDined on 2/25/2014I had been to RA in Chicago, and this branch of the chain did not disappoint. It was located in a nice area of Leawood, and the food was fantastic. I also really like the vibe of the restaurant--fun and trendy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Lackingmmjones4Dined on 2/15/2014We had a reservation for 8:00 p.m. but got there early so we waited at the bar for our table. At 8:15 I went to the hostess desk and asked about our table and was told they didn't know we were there. After seating us our waitress came over immediately to take our order, when we hadn't even looked at the menu. Once we did order, we barely saw her again. I asked for water, and only when I asked a second time did it finally arrive. The bus staff was standing under a TV watching a basketball game. And when we ordered, Fried Bananas with Kahlua, our waitress returned to tell us they were out of bananas. The sushi was excellent, but the service was totally lacking for this type of establishment.Special Features:
- It's chicdavisbassmanDined on 2/15/2014Ra is good. The service is provided by very young staff of seemingly similar attractiveness however the focus is definitely not on service excellence. For single guys - this might be a priority to go there. The food is good. The atmosphere is very chic. The prices are okay for sushi. The one distraction here though is a seemingly complete lack of kitchen pacing: You are as likely to get dessert before dinner as you are to get an appetizer after dinner. They just don't do it well. All in all: it's worth a visit. Probably two. Three... probably not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi TimeKCRedDined on 2/14/2014The food was great! Music was way too loud - it was hard to hear my friends during dinner.Special Features:
- Although it offers a somewhatUnsatisfiedDined on 2/14/2014Although it offers a somewhat sophisticated menu, beware of service. On a few occasions, servers were very slow and inattentive. My last experience was terrible.Special Features:
- RA ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2014The food was acceptable but the service was horrible. I would not recommend going on a busy night - they didn't seem to be able to handle the volume. The server messed up my order and the table next to ours. It was very loud in there and maybe he couldn't hear our order. Sushi and food was good but we waited a long time with a reservation to get our food.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service, Cool PlaceDerricomonicoDined on 2/7/2014This was our first visit to Ra. We ordered the Las Vegas and Avocado rolls on their happy hour menu as well as the special Ra King Crab leg roll. Our appetizer was the lobster spring rolls. For dessert we ordered the fried banana with Kahlua. All of the food was great but the best part by far was the Las Vegas roll. The flavor was unique and exciting. The service was also really fantastic. The place was really cool and seemed to hold groups well also. I can't wait to go back and try some other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Date NightnatjojayDined on 1/31/2014Ra offers a romantic yet energetic atmosphere with a vast menu. We received our food quickly and had a very helpful server. The Drunken Black Mussels were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing NightLoveItDined on 1/22/2014I booked a table Wednesday night for my boyfriend and I , it went as I planned and everything was delicious! Our server was Liz and and she did an outstanding Job! She took care of us and even took the time to have a conversation with us despite the fact that she was busy. I am a server and I was very pleased to have her take care of us! Thank you guys <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE diners!MomoDined on 12/31/2013Sushi, sashimi always good. Husband had some wierd chicken/noodle dish. Not great. Crowd was very young. Very noisy. Wine/Champs bottle specials great.
- The food was excellent. TheKeciaDined on 12/30/2013The food was excellent. The service was somewhat attentive. It was extremely loud and you could barely talk to the person in front of you. That was pretty much tge only draw back.Special Features:
- Music is way too loud! I lovePVFoodyVIPDined on 12/23/2013Music is way too loud! I love the sushi and want to talk with friends. Not yell at them. TURN IT DOWN!
- Not ImpressedSchaferDined on 12/22/2013There were 4 of us eating dinner. Out of 8 items that we ordered, we agreed we only liked one of them (the tropical sushi). The rice was hard and stale on the sushi. The soup was "wierd" tasting compared to what my son had had in the past at another restaurant. The two entrees we ordered were tasteless and boring. The edamame appetizer wasn't very warm or fresh. The lighting was horrible (you can hardly read the menu). Sorry, but we will not be back to visit this restaurant.Special Features:
- Check it out in the RA!HappyCustomerDined on 11/22/2013This place was not bad at all! Great atmosphere, kind of pricey for the sushi bar, (being a west coast native) but VERY VERY good food and service from start to finish. Really made me miss Cali/LA. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a specialAnniversaryDined on 11/9/2013Great place for a special event or a just a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013We had a group of six, the table location was nice and in the back, but the loud club music blared too loud, making it difficult to talk with our table.Special Features:
- Lose the techno musicSushiLoverVIPDined on 10/25/2013Had dinner at Ra. Music was deafening to the point that we couldn't hear our server. There was a vent above our table that was blowing so much that the chopstick wrappers were blowing across the table. Our server was inexperienced as she didn't know how to correctly serve a bottle of wine. The food was great. The restaurant was pretty dead around 8:30. I think if they turned the music down they'd attract a longer dinner crowd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The music seems to be prettyJpheismnVIPDined on 10/9/2013The music seems to be pretty loud so that you have to yell across tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun with friends2rooksDined on 9/28/2013We enjoyed the food at RA as well as the ombiance except for the the noice level. A little loud for me personally. We had an excellent waitress who help us with choices as we were first timers to RA. Don't forget dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.