RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston Highland Village
3908 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77027-5006Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston Highland Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: 7136215800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm-MIdnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering information available on rasushi.com
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
- Special Events: Happy Hour
Monday- Saturday 3pm-7pm
Reverse Happy Hour
Monday- Thursday 10pm-12am
Flying Fish Happy Hour
Every Sunday 8pm-11pm
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston Highland Village
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston Highland Village - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston Highland Village reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Chirashi bowl delishCampmaVIPDined on 9/2/2014If you like sashimi, get the Chirashi bowl for lunch. It is a great deal, tasty and you get Miso soup too. The ambiance is very nice and pleasant. Waitress was good. Parking can get crowded so you may have to valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love SushiMzDupDined on 8/3/2014this place has a great variety of food and the service is great.Special Features:
- Great Asian fushion foodFoodie15Dined on 8/2/2014The food was very good. The restaurant was nice but it was more of bar scene than a date night place. Would be nicer if you had the music turned down until after 9:30. But if you want a place to go party and eat with your friends this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ra SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent !!!! The service was outstanding, thankyou Taylor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour menu and hoursRandomJDinerDined on 7/23/2014This location features delicious sush. They have an excellent happy hour menu and a delightful ambience that attracts an interesting collection of diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- music too loud, lights to lowEdwardVIPDined on 6/16/2014Food just can't offset these issues. Is it a restaurant or a night club, or an attempt to be both (unsuccessfully)?
- Love RA!HotKommodityDined on 6/14/2014RA Sushi is definitely a fav! Whether I'm out with the girls or an evening romantic dinner with my honey, this spot is suited to please. Great food and awesome ambience.Special Features:
- Great Find for Sushi!RobertDined on 6/9/2014RA does not disappoint from location to location! Their take on chips and salsa is a must for anyone who loves Spicy Tuna.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 5/31/2014It was fairly early for Saturday dinner, but the music was soo loud we had to yell at each other sitting at a high-top. Music is good, but there is a certain volume level that managers should consider.
- Sushi was tasty but the scene...ughbadcallDined on 5/30/2014Food was good. Service was ok. The music playlist was awful and to make matters worse, the music was playing entirely too loud. I have been to other RA Sushi Bars in Scottsdale and City Centre in Houston and this establishment pales in comparison.Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston Highland Village reviews archive.
- Mother's DayLAgalDined on 5/11/2014I love sushi and decided to come for Mother's Day. It was a dead scene but the food was great, maybe I'll come back at night next time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- late lunch on a TuesdayamsmithVIPDined on 4/24/2014nice place, but I always eat sashimi, & I must say, the fish was not that fresh but, the roll I had was nice, & my friend enjoyed the vegetarian roll he had as wellSpecial Features:
- Beautiful, but that's allPPPPPPpppDined on 4/8/2014Ever watched a movie that takes place in NY, and you see the characters go to a fancy restaurant that plays loud hip music, is decorated and gorgeous? That's this place.... but that is ALL. Our waiter had horrible customer service, he kinda treated us like we were poor nobody's although we ordered $50 worth of food. And the food... was expensive, and sub-par. This is not the japanese sushi authentic taste, it's the changed americanized sushi. I was intrigued by their King Crab, which was probably the most expensive maki on the menu, and was super disappointed, it was cold and it did not taste fresh. The sauce did not match either. I also wanted to play it safe with a dragon roll... and it was probably one of the WORSE dragon rolls I've had.Special Features:
- House partyEricDined on 3/29/2014What a fun enjoyable way to eat good priced sushi! Had loud house music playing the whole evening (a good dj). My wife and I enjoyed this romantic night with lots of fun. If your looking for a quite place this is not for you. But if you enjoy music and good sushi at good prices then this place is great. I would highly recommend for a late friday night to jam out to some good dj house tunes and eat great well crafted food. Very romantic in feel. Be warned this is loud but a blast, like your eating in a hip night club. I would recommend making reservations as they seem to fill up and you could be stuck sitting with other people next to you if you don't have a table. The bar scene looked great for couples or singles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BenjaminDined on 3/26/2014Ate there for my birthday - everything was above and beyond! A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud nightclub/ w DJOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Have never been to a rock n roll sushi bar with a DJ! So loud you had to yell to be heard! We left before ordering. Beware- the manager said it was actually "quiet" that night! This is not a sushi bar!Special Features:
- Train your staffFoodmexVIPDined on 3/4/2014Food and facilities are good. Service is unprofessional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- How about a smile??FoodmexVIPDined on 2/26/2014Your hostesses and waiters are rude. They lack training. Customer service comes last.
- Welcomed change of scenery.EweezieDined on 2/26/2014I went here for a date with a long time friend. Right off the bat, the place is dark and a bit loud like a club but it makes for a different night out so don't let that deter you. The food was absolutely delicious. The both of us are beginners at sushi but our waiter helped us make some pretty good choices to suit us. The seating is a little close to other people but surprisingly it adds to the experience. I will definitely be going back. Our selections: Viva Las Vegas roll 10/10 (Mild), Philadelphia Roll 9/10 (Not Spicy), Shrimp Tempura Roll 10/10 (Spicy), Sashimi Octopus 0/10 (We tried to be brave lol) Mango Martini (10/10) total bill was just over $61 not including a tip. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Valentines day dinnerLAgalDined on 2/15/2014Went with my husband, sister in law and her husband we had a great night and the food was amazing like always. You can never fail with the Las Vegas roll and some edamame!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines dayryanDined on 2/14/2014this was an amazing dinner everything was perfect food was good music was good the service was a little slow but other than that you guys did amazing definanty coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant!MarlonDined on 2/7/2014Best experience ever! From the moment we walked in, the scene was exciting. The entrance had a long wait line but we were seated right away which felt really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but food was impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014The foods was magnificent, and the presentation of all the food we had ordered was quite impressive. The noise level was obscenely loud, not exactly sure if it was because my party and I sat under a speaker or not. But my party and I had to yell at each other across the table to talk. Despite the loudness, the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JJH10Dined on 1/11/2014Affordable with Banging sounds playing and a nice ambience. Valet is tips only which is a plus as well. It was a short wait before getting to the table but not too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ra sushiAlucardDined on 12/27/2013Great place to go...a bit pricey but overall greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for Happy HourDavidDined on 12/25/2013Enjoyed the special all day happy hour on Christmas DaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating on the topOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2013Love the window seating, it's my fave. Went a couple of times and every time it gets better and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, Love, Love this placeSugarLandfanVIPDined on 11/10/2013This is one my very favorite places for sushi. The service is excellent, food is always good and fresh, drinks are great, and a great view of the Highland Village scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeatedly fail to provide points!YumieVIPDined on 10/29/2013I enjoy RA, however, every time I visit they fail to give points for my reservation.
- Great Happy HourYumieVIPDined on 10/14/2013RA has a great Happy Hour with good specials on both food and drink. One thing that I don't care for is them backing out OpenTable reservations after I show up and thus not giving the credits due.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi - horrible serviceDrMarinoDined on 9/28/2013I only eat raw sushi and this was the best I've had in the area (I'm from South Louisiana). The service, on the other hand, was horrible. Our edamame came out to the table before our drinks and when we were looking to leisurely enjoy a cocktail and our appetizer, as communicated to our waitress, all of our dinner items arrived at once. We looked around for our waitress and she was no where to be found. Quite possibly our waitress was having an off-day, so don't let our review keep you from dining here - the food is creative, inspired and absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeBachParty1Dined on 9/28/2013I was there on Saturday night with a Bachelorette party and I can't say enough about RA Sushi. Not only was the food delicious, the drinks and service were equally exceptional. From the Hostess, to the Waiter, all the way to the Manager, we were taken care of all night. I would reccommend this to anyone looking for a hip, bar/club feel restaurant. It's great for big parties, or even with your significant other. It was a great spot for our girls night. I will be going back when I'm in Houston again.Special Features:
- Happy Hour Food Deal is Great!YumieVIPDined on 9/23/2013RA has a great deal for Happy Hour - not only drinks, but great deals on food too from 4p to 7p most days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Sushi, Decent PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2013I've been to RA a few times with friends. This time I decided to bring the girlfriend there; we hadn't had sushi in awhile and I hadn't been there in a few months. I haven't been to as many places as some people, but I can say that the calamari tempura appetizer is well worth it. The places I've ordered a similar dish, I always get let down when I see the size. The calamari at RA is essentially steak fries, but squid. The sushi dishes are great size and the drinks I've tried are spot on. I can't call this place outstanding because nothing really blows my mind, but I know that if I ever want a consistently good sushi place, RA is near the top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for sushigalleriadinerDined on 9/10/2013The sushi here is terrible. The place sells on its atmosphere which can be lovely and fun. But don't go for the food.
- LoudDanielDined on 9/6/2013Food was good overall. Some was great some was meh... Very loud music. Order messed up (prob b/c loud music) but we rolled with it. There are better sushi experiences in town.Special Features: