RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston CityCentre
799 Town & Country Blvd.
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston CityCentre
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: 7133312792x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dnner: Daily: 3:00pm-Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston CityCentre
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston CityCentre - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston CityCentre reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (6)late-night find (6)good for groups (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Service was good food was badBigunDined on 8/14/2014Sushi was bad in fact it made me nausiated the only good thing we had was something off menu the waitress had them make for us if not for her we would have left hungry with two hundred dollar tabSpecial Features:
- Delish!!!Bbeni93Dined on 8/2/2014The service was great, the sushi was even better! I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but LoudPatrickSDined on 7/29/2014Food was excellent but this place was loud. It was packed like a subway and had the noise to come with it. Hard to have a conversation until after it cleared out a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentDecentdinningDined on 7/17/2014Great sushi, atmosphere, drinks. A place to go and have a nice time that isn't exactly a "bar" or "club". Our waitress was horrible though, she kept bringing us the wrong drinks and wouldn't check up on us. We had to go up to her a few times to let her know what we needed since she would keep talking to the bartender. I'm sure not all their service is like this though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday LunchellamasDined on 7/6/2014I made an online reservation for 12:30pm and was seated immediately. There wasn't a big crowd to begin with, but I enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. Our party consisted of 8 in which 2 were 12 yr olds. I ordered the Bento Box lunch for them and they really enjoyed it. I ordered 3 different rolls and was not very impressed. They have many rolls with exotic twist to them but I think they lacked flavor. I had the mango/avacado but tasted too much cream cheese. The spicy yellowfish was good but not spicy enough. The sushi platter was average. I've had better sushi elsewhere but we came here to celebrate a birthday. I probably will return only for HH and drinks. Overall it was still a nice experience.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysIlseDined on 6/21/2014We had a very friendly and informative waiter, cant remember his name, with cool eyewear. Served us well and we enjoyed our time. The place wasn't as busy as usual which was nice as we could just enjoy a quiet meal outside. I had a gin gimblet or whatever, wich was a really tasty drink, first one was better than 2nd one which was a bit too sweet for my personal taste, but a very good suggestion from our waiter.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent waitressFredVIPDined on 5/31/2014Our waitress Veronica was excellent. She was very friendly, personable and also knowledgeable about the menu. She was attentive and responsive to our needs (we were there w/ our 2 year old twins). The food was delicious but it was Veronica who made our dining experience great. Thank you Veronica! We had the RA Tapas Seared Tuna, Viva Las Vegas Roll, Tuna Tataki, Edamame, Chicken Yakisoba & the crispy White Fish tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & great serviceFredVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is a trendy sushi restaurant with great sushi. We were there during happy hour. They have great deals at that time. The food is delicious & our waitress was excellent. The hostess marked us as a no-show on our open table reservation but after speaking to the manager the next day he fixed the issue right away. Thank you!!! I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Houston CityCentre reviews archive.
- Excellent!Bbeni93Dined on 5/12/2014Food was amazing! Our server was super friendly and the ambiance is awesome! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ra SushiDINEQUEENDined on 4/15/2014I usually don't have many issues with RA Sushi, but yesterday was extremely busy because of Happy Hour all day because of Tax Season. The service was horrible and our waitress would check on us like literally every 30 minutes. To say the least, we were happy to leave.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chirashi bowl delishCampmaVIPDined on 4/8/2014I love their Chirashi bowls. It is so good, healthy and a great price for lunch.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceKmirezDined on 3/20/2014Enjoy the food, drinks were delicious, both a lil above price, however, you get what you pay for, over all thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect except:CRCatesDined on 2/15/2014The hostess. We had reservations; we were there a few minutes early. She told us that there were tables, but none were cleaned. So she could not prepare for a known reservation? So she asked us to wait. So we waited at the bar. About 25 minutes go by, with her walking by us and seating others, so finally after staring at 2 open tables, I go ask her how much longer. She looks right at me and says, oh I'm sorry, I forgot about you. I can seat you now. All I can say is there's a reason why she's only a hostess. After that the experience was absolutely amazing. We are dying to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whats the point of reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014I reserved this event days before and I wanted it to be ready at 8. I asked my party to be there at 7:30, I was not seated until 8:40!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food parking is a problemCampmaVIPDined on 1/16/2014I love the sushi here and the location but parking at the City Centre is ALWAYS an issue. They have 2 levels of NO parking(reserved or valet) and this time the elevators weren't working. It isn't a reflection on the restaurant but it does impact my decision to frequent Ra as I don't always feel like putting up with trying to find a spot to parkSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodHenryUTADined on 9/27/2013RA Sushi is always great and we've been there before with smaller groups for lunch. The food is quality is great and the taste is excellent. I will probably go back there with my usual group but I will think twice before bringing in a big group. I didn't get a feel that the waitress had command of the situation. we had about 10 people there and it was kind of a mess. We had a lot of food coming to the table and the old dishes weren't being cleaned up quickly enough to keep pace with the food runners bringing in huge plates with the sushi and apps. you should definitely try it out. The food is fantastic just keep in mind large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeleahcimDined on 9/18/2013Great selection of food. Awesome reverse happy hour menu. Overall great dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday excellence!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2013The seating selection was excellent and the venue looked just as it does online, and that usually doesn't happen, so I was truly pleased. First time visit, but definitely not the LAST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.