RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Glenview
2601 Aviator Ln
Glenview, IL 60026-7811Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Glenview
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: 8475101100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm-11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm-Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Glenview
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Glenview reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (8)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good food but service was slow.MartyDined on 9/8/2014The restaurant is nice. We had a nice booth. Wait staff was friendly and the food was good. The service was a slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Service Lackingdebs13VIPDined on 8/20/2014The sushi and nigiri and rolls are always outstanding at Ra and the price points reasonable. Usually the service is spot on but not for this lunch. The server looked so sour, never cracked a smile, and we had to hunt him down to order more food and drink. It wasn't busy in the restaurant so perhaps he was just having an off day.Special Features:
- Awful, just awfuljrobeq2VIPDined on 8/18/2014Went here because I assumed that due to the location, the restaraunt would have excellent food and service. Unfortunately, this was not the case. When we arrived, we had to ask to be moved because there were so many fly's around our table (disgusting) and we were right next to the kitchen (scary). The menu is a unmitigated diasaster. All over the place. Hard to find the staples you would expect from a sushi place... like where is the spider roll? Handrolls were gross. I mean really really bad. Wrapped in cabbage instead of seaweed. Edamame was undercooked and warm saki tasted like isopropyl alcohol. Tuna was fishy. I wonder what the manager there is thinking? They should be fired. Calling Gordon Ramsay of kitchen nightmares!
- Noise levelCookieBrandtDined on 8/12/2014The many TV's were loud (nobody was watching) and the acoustics had nothing to help muffle the sounds of the crowd plus the TV. It would have been much more pleasant if normal conversation could be heard.Special Features:
- Girls outGirlsVIPDined on 6/30/2014Restaurant was very warm, air conditioner was was working. Manager came over to speak with us. Maybe slightly cooler after he left. However when I went to the restroom I noticed all the air was being pulled in the back of the restaurant and he should have suggested us moving there. Used their menu to fan ourselves. Service was very slow. Asked 2 people for water( again it was very warm) and none came. Finally we got water from both of them. Food was very good, but very slow --just to get a glass of wine must have taken 15 min from ordereing. Liked that the food came out individually.Special Features:
- Expected BetterVikingBobVIPDined on 6/28/2014RA is a neat looking place, with a nice Happy Hour menu & outdoor seating, but the food is too inconsistent for me to return. The grilled short ribs had a nice flavor, but we're too rubbery. The Chicken Yakitori was good. The Pineapple Cheese Wontons were excellent! The Mango Margarita was bland & disappointing. The Crispy Spicy Tuna & Octopus Sushi were good, but nothing special. The Seared Tuna was disappointing. The Beef Teriyaki was also good, but nothing I HAVE to eat again. The worst part of the meal BY FAR, was the Fried Banana with Kahlua dessert. It was so bad, we had to send it back. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but it was the worst dessert I've ever had. At least it was removed from our bill.Special Features:
- Good for suburban sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/16/2014I went to Ra twice in one weekend, as I was visiting from out of town. The first night was better than the second, but it was decent. It's hard to match the sushi options in Chicago. I would HIGHLY recommend the Pacific roll.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014The sushi, selection, and service were all fantastic! We were thrilled with our first trip to this restaurant and will definitely return.
- June specialsdebs13VIPDined on 6/13/2014The june specials are tasty and delightful. Tried the lobster and salmon roll and it was so good we ordered a 2nd one!!Special Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Glenview reviews archive.
- RamrhonestyDined on 5/2/2014We made a reservation for 6. They put us at a table by the wait station so waitresses were constantly walking behind me to get supplies. I felt like I was in the way. The table was short on one leg so there was a lot of movement and nobody wiped down the table so it was very sticky. I love their sushi but the setting was horribleSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodPutFoodHereVIPDined on 4/16/2014It's hard to find happy hours in the suburbs and this is the one place that has a decent HH menu up to 7pm during the week. Variety of options for sushi and non-sushi people, bar staff on Wednesday was very pleasant and attentive, and just overall a great spot to get dinner.Special Features:
- Great find for sushi loversSushisnobDined on 4/4/2014Very fussy about where I go for sushi. Went to RA on a recommendation. Food was excellent. Nice decor. Complimentary tempura fried gelato with cinnamon for my son's birthday, positively deeelish! Can't wait to return.This is my new favorite sushi restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let DownX10u8VIPDined on 3/27/2014Had been here several times before but, since they were bought by Benihana its not as good.
- sushisusanVIPDined on 3/21/2014great food , happy hour prices and service. One of my favorite neighborhood spots!!Special Features:
- Lunchdebs13VIPDined on 3/14/2014Once again a winner, some of the best sushi, rolls and nigiri around Chicagoland. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty loud / hard to have1sttimecarlucciDined on 3/11/2014Pretty loud / hard to have conversation. Maki rolls were excellent.Special Features:
- Great evening with FriendsMacMentorDined on 3/6/2014About 4 times a year we get together for Sushi, typically we end up at Ra...We had excellent service, the food was above average, all in all a good time, and I recommend Ra
- Cozy and lively!Tomcat2VIPDined on 3/5/2014The sushi menu was terrific, unique and generous. They have great appetizers and Happy Hours daily too. There are cozy booths if you want to have a more intimate dinner or a lively bar scene where you can socialize and enjoy a great saki and martini menu. The service was perfect - my friend has allergies and they were very accommodating. Overall perfect experience and look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi BarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014My girlfriend and I wen't here because of an event in town and we thought it was great! Food was delicious and the service was good. The only thing I had against it that night was that we were seated right by the front door where the cold breeze was funneling into the restaurant.Special Features:
- Happy Hourdebs13VIPDined on 2/20/2014If you are available from 3 - 7 Monday through Thursday, go on into RA for their Happy Hour food and drink specials. A great selection of rolls, sushi and tempuras (amongst other dishes). Great prices and wonderfully tasty and prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Sunday dinner here was great. However, limited selection on large main course meals beside sushi, however the short ribs and viva Las Vegas rolls are the best items on the menu!! They fill you up and keep the meal cost down.Special Features:
- We have been here before andCharlieDined on 2/15/2014We have been here before and were happier with the service, this time, however, the service was awful. The wrong food was served, our water glasses sat empty, and our server disappeared for long periods of time.There were very few customers at the time so there was no excuse for the lack of servise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGreatValentinesDayDined on 2/14/2014We had an outstanding dinner at RA! It was my girlfriend and I's first time at RA and we were not disappointed. When we were first seated we we're put at a table near the door which had a bit of a draft from outside (Chicago winters). Before we could even say anything, the manager noticed my girlfriend looking chilled and insisted on moving us to another table. The whole dinner was delicious and our service was great! Thank you for making out valentine's day one we won't forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience & food.Wineanddine29Dined on 2/14/2014The server did a wonderful job recommending dishes from the menu and we loved every bite of our meals. I think the atmosphere is fun and vibrant. We will absolutely come back and recommend RA sushi to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi lunch specials were good dealKixsombutVIPDined on 2/1/2014The Chirashi bowl lunch special with poke sauce was delicious. Amaebi was fresh and delicious. We went at the end of lunch on Saturday, so it was pretty quiet. There were probably 3 tables there, yet our waiter kept disappearing, while we watched other wait staff serving their tables. When he did returned, he was rude and acted like he was in a hurry (but there weren't any other tables). Overall, I would go back for the food, but I hope I get a different server.Special Features:
- sushi supremedebs13VIPDined on 1/9/2014Once again RA provided wonderfully prepared and yummy sushi at their happy hour. A must go, great food and drink at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceNeverTriedItBeforeDined on 1/3/2014Absolutely amazing service. Our waiter was extremely helpful in explaining the entire menu to us as it was our first time. Food was great and came out quickly. One of my greatest experiences going out for dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh sushi and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/25/2013Located in The Glen, RA sushi offers something for everyone, those seeking some top quality sushi and sashimi as well as those who prefer other Japanese dining options. Service is efficient, food is tasty and well prepared. Impressive list of sushi option along with some inventive dishes including a chips and salsa made with tuna tartare, vegetable roll prepared with a tempura crunch and more.Special Features:
- Happy Hour!debs13VIPDined on 12/23/2013The happy hour menu is packed with everything sushi yummy and good bar specials. Can't go wrong with impeccably prepared sushi and rolls. Best wait staff and the manager comes to your table! what's not to love and eat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and LoveYUMMYDined on 12/14/2013My boyfriend and I had dinner here and it was so good! I've only had drinks and sushi before which is also amazing! They have drink specials which I love and great entrees! We had a great date night! Thanks RA Sushi!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hourdebs13VIPDined on 12/12/2013Viva Las Vegas Rolls are my favourite!! Everything is prepared so well and so delicious and with a great presentation. Friendly wait staff and the happy hour prices are fantastic!! A go-to sushi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good sushiDDDDVIPDined on 11/29/2013The Sushi is very tasty -Try the spicy tuna rolls! Very pricey though...Special Features:
- Great Sushi, Great BDayCarrieDined on 11/13/2013We had a terrific time-great sushi, rolls and calamari tempura. Music is on the loud side so it's a little hard to carry on a conversation. Service was quick and very friendly (thanks, Mikhail!).Special Features:
- Great food, excellent serviceTperlmanVIPDined on 10/19/2013Excellent service. We had a trainee working with our server and she was better than most veteran severs at other restaurants in the area. The food was also very good and we had no wait for our reservation. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodQuetaMa91Dined on 10/18/2013The food is delicious. This was the first time me being here and I loved it. The staff was very friendly and explained the menu very well and their recommendations were great. Will definately be coming here very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...DinarDined on 9/19/2013Really impressed with the freshness of the food... The creativity of flavors in the rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bones in SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2013I ordered yellowtail rolls and found 2 bones in my sushi. I have never had this type of experience before. They removed the dish and the other sushi was very good. The problem was the bones ruined the experience for me. I believe more experienced sushi chefs would never have bones in their sushi. There are two other sushi places that I really enjoy in Skokie and Park Ridge and I have never had a bone. It took the manager about 35 mins. before she came out to apologize for this incident and I believe that is poor customer service.
- Good food, nice mixture ofsabsanDined on 8/29/2013Good food, nice mixture of special rolls and fusion food. Live music always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.