RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Chicago
1139 N State St
Chicago, IL 60610-2717Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: 3122740011x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
- Cross Street: State & Elm
- Public Transit: Directly on Route 36 Broadway Bus. Located 2 blocks from Clark and Division Red Line Stop
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Validated Parking available at Mid City Parking Garage located on Elm St. across from the restaurant behind Barnes and Noble. $13.00 for 12 hours.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Chicago
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)romantic (4)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Place!FoodieDined on 9/28/2014Have heard of Ra for so long now and finally went. Definitely exceeded my expectations! Every roll we had was better than the next!Special Features:
- Bartender was awesome , butAngelaVIPDined on 9/10/2014After meeting at the bar and having some saki, we were seated and ignored for 15 minutes by server so we left and went to Hugo's. Underwhelmed by both this atmosphere so there are other sushi places .
- We love Ra Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2014We love going to Ra Sushi. We went here for our 5 year anniversary and we had a blast. The food is amazing and so is the service.Special Features:
- Awesome1BrazilDined on 9/5/2014This was a great find, visiting for the 6th time and wanted something off the beaten path. Well worth it!!Special Features:
- unknowledgable about gluten freeChiFoodieDined on 8/30/2014This was a nightmare. The waiter thought lobster had gluten. He came back several times when the chef told him which ingredients had gluten. Finally he brought back the saddest, tinniest rolls that had tuna, rice, and were wrapped in seaweed. I'm not even sure why they carry tamari sauce if they can't figure out how to make sushi gluten free. My friends ordered what they thought were rolls and were sadly disappointed when the plate had strips of sashimi and strips of avocado. We left the restaurant 2 hours later (they took a long time trying to figure out how to make gluten free rolls), spent over $100, and hungry. Never going back.
- Very good sushi, nice atmosphereKMilDined on 7/20/2014Creative maki rolls, good flavor. Not the greatest sushi I've ever had but definitely a solid "very good" (read much better than average). The rolls are different from your standard fare and the presentation is very good. Service was excellent - friendly, prompt, and on the spot without being overbearing. Indoors had a hip, progressive vibe, outdoor seating was very nice without too much road noise and a good mix of sun and shade options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Chicago reviews archive.
- Freshest sushi aroundwaldmkaVIPDined on 6/7/2014Been going here for years. Love the sushi and it's always fresh and consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspiring and loudNateVIPDined on 5/30/2014Our server was very nice, not pushy, and our waters were refilled promptly without request. That was the best part of our experience. The food was only decent. Some dishes were good, but some maki were bland. The hot (spicy) miso soup was too spicy for my wife to finish the entire bowl, and she's from a culture that has very spicy food. The noise, a combination of the music and the bar, was so loud that conversation was very difficult. We don't expect to return.
- Pretty good foodaib91Dined on 5/17/2014I have yet to find my favorite sushi spot but this was pretty good. My biggest complaint would be to turn down the bumpin n grindin music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!JazzysandyVIPDined on 4/25/2014Service was kinda slow, considering the restaurant was empty during a late lunch hour. Overall the food was great!Special Features:
- Needs leg room.AMV84Dined on 4/18/2014The Las Vegas Roll is the business. The food was great, but the location is so small and crowded that you have to yell for your companions to hear you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ra's Was Ra-some.FriendlyNavyNukeDined on 4/5/2014It was a special occasion, and have never been to the Ra's Sushi restaurant before. We walked in, got the table right away (because we reserved one! :D ) and was waited on promptly. The food was absolutely stupendous! We ended up grabbing a couple drinks, and sharing 5 rolls between the two of us. I highly recommend the Crazy Monkey Roll, and the Lobster Mango Roll.. But all of the food was great. The drinks were refreshing, but a little on the weak side as far as alcoholic content. All in all, an excellent experience. I plan on going again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/19/2014The service was extremely friendly. The RA chips & salsa are my favorite and they always have good deals. This location is always conveniently close to my school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved my Server360tipDined on 3/15/2014The downtown location is always fun and they play music along with great sushi. Brody made our experience more fun than usual. He was personable and professional. I've been to RA Sushi in both Lombard and Chicago location. This was my best experience.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Dinner for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014RA Sushi was a fabulous place to dine for Valentine's day. Right away we were taken to our table. Our waitress was very helpful and very friendly. The Valentine's Day menu was great. It was a great deal and it did not disappoint. From he starter to the dessert, it was fantastic and very tasty. The cocktails were also very delicious. It was a great dining experience and I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerRaquelMDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went to RA sushi for their valentine's day special. The special included it a dinner for 2 for $30, one app, two entrees and a desert to share, it was delicious! You pretty much can't beat that price for good sushi. The restaurant is kinda loud but really upbeat, definitely geared toward young adult crowd. Awesome drink menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time goingJWB2Dined on 2/1/2014This was my first time going to Ra on north state and it was great; food and experience. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Never againFoodie0101Dined on 1/18/2014The service was poor. We had a party of five and they sat us at a four-top table with two chairs on one of the sides and there was plenty of room in the restaurant and empty tables. Needless to say it was cramped, and we made reservations earlier in the week. Our waitress was not attentive. We will not be returning.
- Since this was our first timeTzeroDined on 12/25/2013Since this was our first time the waitress could have been a little more helpful . She asked if it was our first time and then left it at that. We wre left to figure out the three menus she dropped off. Oh well , we survived. Other than that the food was fresh and we enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eclecticJazzysandyVIPDined on 12/24/2013I have eaten at several sushi restaurants and RA offered everything from ambience to tantilizing! would recommend this reataurant ver highlySpecial Features:
- Great Service, Great SushiSushiInTheCityDined on 12/7/2013We went to RA this weekend, and our overall experience was great. The sushi variety was great and we loved each roll we got. Our server was also very prompt and continued to check on our drink orders. If you live in the area or want to venture out to Gold Coast, I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Spectacular Sushi!KsaysDined on 12/6/2013Very consistent. Excellent sushi, sashimi, and rolls. Generous portions. One of our "must dine at", when we are in Chicago. Some of the bet, freshest fish, and we've eaten in many places all over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RA Sushi - Always a GREAT TIME!MplsTravelerDined on 11/1/2013Have been to the RA Sushi in Las Vegas many times...and now I have another RA Sushi location, Chicago! Love the location, the service and the food! I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome meal with family andMac55Dined on 10/6/2013Awesome meal with family and kids. Excellent food, great service and not to expensive! A wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor reservation systemrbioskDined on 9/13/2013The restaurant was very late in honoring our reservations. We waited 40mins to be seatedSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/1/2013Food was decent but service was very sub par. Sat down and took 15 mins for waiter to acknowledge us. The bar was way behind. 15 mins on every drink order. Waiter forgot to order our edamame. Waiter forgot to enter one of our entree orders. Sushi came out very quick. A little too loud as it made it tough to carry on a conversation. It would tough to consider a return.
- Good foodfoodieDined on 8/29/2013Very good food. Had a reservation but still had to wait 30 minutes for a seat... This was pretty disappointing. Really good happy hour deals though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.