RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore
1390 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21231-3300Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: (410) 522-3200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (32)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (28)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (16)great for lunch (15)late-night find (12)romantic (12)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Ra takes sushi beyond the familiar rolls you would see at other joints, getting deliciously creative without overloading you with random flavors. Everything you're served seems designed with careful consideration of taste and presentation, with an end result that is sure to thrill enthusiasts, foodies and the younger crowd. The portions can be a little smaller than the gargantuan rolls served elsewhere, and the price can be a little steep, but you get what you pay for. There is also a decent selection of genuine imported Japanese beer, though much to my dismay, Echigo is no longer on that list. Try the Ra'ckin Roll, Lobster Shrimp Roll, or Crazy Monkey and you can't go wrong. The chirashi portions, while cut smaller, are pretty generous on the amount of fish you get. 3 stars for service (on this visit only) because halfway through the meal, the server gave us the bill and said "whenever you're ready". Mouth still full of chirashi, I was mystified as I looked around at the half-empty restaurant that wasn't closing any time soon. We weren't even remotely finished with our meal, let alone considering leaving, and she stopped by several times asking if we're "ready", which felt odd and honestly kind of rude. I mention this because normally, my experience with service at Ra has been spectacular - so if you happen to catch them on an off day, don't let it dissuade you from coming back. That would be a real loss - Ra is worth coming back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Fusion - not for Foodies or Sushi SnobsstuckingettysburgDined on 11/16/2014We took a friend here for a going-away celebration. The ambiance was nice - dark, moody, Asian-inspired. Our server, Kaylee, was absolutely fabulous. She took great care of us and we were never wanting for anything. Our cocktails were interesting and yummy... We got 3 appetizers and 5 rolls for the 5 of us. It was a perfect amount of food. The food was fresh and flavorful. We noticed that almost all of the rolls had either 'crab mix' or 'eel sauce' in them, and very few of the specialty rolls contained raw fish. They gave us a complimentary dessert roll for our special occasion. I would definitely come back for a group outing or romantic evening - but not if you're looking for an authentic sushi experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014My co-worker and myself took my boss (who she suggested this place) out to lunch because she is retiring from Johns Hopkins. It was my first time there and already I recommended my sister to go and have sushi there! I loved it. The food was good and pleanty I could not eat it all and the price was excellent. Thank you and I will come back soon.Special Features:
- KACROUTVIPDined on 11/8/2014We've been to RA many times. The service we had this time was some of the worst yet. I don't know if it was because it was crowded or what, but it was very memorable in a bad way. Bring back the sushi papers -- I feel your service has gone down without the use of those papers. Orders were more accurate when customers were able to write down what they wanted. Bring back the RA Chips and Salsa -- I really like some of the new additions on the menu but why couldn't you add those and keep some of the old favorites? At the end of the day -- why change a good thing? Tell upper management to talk to customers before making such a terrible decision.Special Features:
- Loud, but great food, worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014This was my second time at Ra and as usual the food was fantastic. I never had bad food at Ra and the ambience is great. The only complaint that I ever have is that it is really loud which makes it hard to go there for a date. My date and I were able to talk over it, but there were times when I could barely hear her. All this being said, the food and ambience would bring me back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food (as always) but...klark1Dined on 11/8/2014I've gone to RA many times and every time the food is perfect, this time was no different EXCEPT the service made us feel a bit uncomfortable. We felt SO rushed, our waitress asked us what we wanted to drink as soon as we sat down and didn't get a chance to look in the drink menu, if we were ready to order before our drinks even got there and then if she could take our plates when we still had food left. She also dropped the check before we asked for it and before we were done with our drinks. We found that rude. We ordered a few rounds of drinks, apps and a bunch of sushi rolls, we weren't sitting at a table and not ordering anything. We would have ordered more if they didn't drop our check and made us feel like we were being kicked out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good...with reservationsmuddogDined on 10/27/2014the food was very good; lunch menu is limited. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great sushibourbondrinkerDined on 10/11/2014I had an amazing roll - the Crazy Monkey Roll - that was to die for. Service was friendly and responsive. Bar tenders were busy but kept on top of orders. I am not a big mixed drink drinker, but I did try one that was made fine, just not my thing. We shared a bottle of prosecco that was reasonably priced. Everything was great!Special Features:
- KVPRDined on 10/9/2014Great service. Creative sushi. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Atmosphere and Drinks.Picky80EaterDined on 10/4/2014The ambiance was nice, although the music was extremely loud, I couldn't hear the person sitting across from me most times. Drinks were good however the sushi was just ok. The presentation of the dishes were nice but I didn't walk away wanting a particular dish again. If I happen to be in this area again I might stop by for a drink but nothing more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.Bucketlist4foodVIPDined on 9/20/2014I love RA! Great sushi! I didnt go during happy hour but I still enjoyed the sushi! The only sushi I didnt care for was the crispy spicy tuna (a little salty for me) and the seaweed salad. Going to happy hour next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Date EverdatenightplannerDined on 9/13/2014Took my new girlfriend here on the night of fireworks at Inner Harbor. Fantastic menu, great romantic atmosphere. It was crowded, but we were seated right away and it wasn't all that loud. Perfect menu and meal for sharing, plus great drinks. Truly a night to remember.Special Features:
- MustBeGettingOldSomeoneElseCookVIPDined on 9/13/2014Load. The food and presentation was very good. Load. The service would have been better if the waiter could hear us but not his fault. Load. We would go back but need ear plugs. Load. But the main disappointment which I need to mention before I forget is that RA sushi bar is a load. Turn the music down. So if that does not bother you and guests it is great place to go to dine.
- Always Great FoodRyanVIPDined on 9/12/2014Always great food and great environment. Also have to get the Viva Las Vegas Roll.Special Features:
- Love their sushiUcffalconVIPDined on 8/30/2014Easily one of the top Sushi bars in Baltimore. It's got a bit of a price tag, but it's harbor east... what do you expect. We always try and come back when we can afford it.Special Features:
- Fresh FoodAlizarin22Dined on 8/18/2014I had a friend in from out of town and had enjoyed the atmosphere at RA when I had last dined there. My friend was impressed with the ambiance. She ordered the miso soup - which she said was good. I ordered the cucumber kimchee and it was excellent. Very fresh and light, the perfect accompaniment to lunch. We split a spicy tuna roll. I was a little disappointed that the it was so soft. It barely held together as I lifted it off the plate. We also ordered the Tunacado and Chili Ponzu Yellowtail. Both were "out of this world" good and had certainly earned their places on the signature menu. All-in-all, a fun atmosphere to grab sushi while in the city.Special Features:
- ReviewfoodsnobDined on 8/10/2014Food very good, nice presentation. Like that a drink was included with restaurant week menu. Way too noisy inside. Very pleasant outside, weather permitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceMaiaDined on 8/8/2014Went here to celebrate my friends 25 birthday. We had a great time and Kevin out waiter was great with helping us understand the menu..the sushi was AWESOME..I will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun hot spotfunfoodieDined on 8/8/2014Very much enjoyed the food. The service was good. Ambience is modern. The food is fun and different. I wish they would open near Philadelphia..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We went during restaurant week in Baltimore and it was a great deal. 3 courses plus a drink for $30. The food was excellent as usual. The only thing we didn't like was the brought all the food out at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was lackingLoveSushiDined on 8/6/2014The waitress gave one restaurant week menu for 5 people. When asked for extras, she only returned with one. Wasn't knowledgeable or helpful. I have heard of a downfall of good service at RA. Ive been a couple of times in the previous years and it wasnt bad.Special Features:
- very goodgoodfoodDined on 8/5/2014the sushi was fresh and tasty and the service was goodSpecial Features:
- BEST SUSHI EVERnurse15Dined on 8/1/2014My boyfriend and I love RA sushi. Their sushi is top notch and cannot be compared to any other.Special Features:
- Very contemporary sushiNatalieDined on 7/29/2014Very lively restaurant with ecclectic sushi offerings. Service was a little slow but that ambiance was very modern and lively. Would definintely recommend if you are looking for sushi in a fun atmosphere with a great drink list. Definintely a good date spot as well.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore reviews archive.
- Nice Place to eatGreat8Dined on 7/28/2014Ra is great. The scallop bake is a must!!!! I will be back.Special Features:
- Tasty sushiLauraVIPDined on 7/28/2014Went to Ra for the first time and really enjoyed the experience. There were not as many raw fish rolls as I would have expected; most were tempura or seared ahi. All were delicious, but I tend to enjoy more of the traditional sushi. Our waiter was great; attentive without being hovering.Special Features:
- AmazingRAloverDined on 7/25/2014The best sushi we have ever had all over the world. We go there 2-3 times a month. I would to everyday if I could!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; Way too loudTravelingmanDined on 7/22/2014Trendy place. I chose it for sushi. Waiter tried to "sell" me on specialty sushi - more expensive and crunchy /cream cheese stuff. Nigiri was all I wanted. Still he pushed me to order some! Finally he relented and put my order of nigiri in. Didn't have UNI but on the menu. One piece of Hamachi was pitiful looking; looked like someone cut it with a utter knife so I sent it back. Sake list is great. Absolutely not go back -- mainly due to waiter and poor presentation of sushi.Special Features:
- kmarkman33Dined on 7/16/2014Came here with a group Wednesday night, the host was friendly and helpful, and it was my first time booking a reservation using Open Table so everything went really smoothly and I was able to change and update the reservation right from my phone. The food was great, we all got a variety of different items, and everything came out relatively fast. We had great service and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL PLACE TO GO!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014BEST SUSHI AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Trying hard, but lacking executionJamesVIPDined on 6/20/2014RA is an upscale sushi restaurant trying to live the Harbor East high life. It feels overly trendy but the franchise branding kind of cheapens it. The food is not bad, but the disorganized menu is a hopeless exercise. Just ask your server what they recommend and hope they have good taste. Not great, not terrible. Stick with That Sushi Place in Canton for more authentic sushi nights and save this place for a shiny shirt, slicked back hair, and people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi Spot in Baltimore!BriSoFly12Dined on 6/5/2014I love the scenery here. The music is unfortunately really loud, but the lights are low intensity and the food is AMAZING! Go for happy hour definitely! You'll save money and get a good variety of hand rolls that are really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's Birthday OutingAlyssaDined on 6/3/2014I took my Dad and a few others here for his 52nd birthday. Upon walking in the music volume was a little jarring, felt more like walking into a bar then a restaurant for dinner, and it was difficult to hear each other across our table and to hear the waiter. I didn't mind the loudness so much, but my Dad and his girlfriend couldn't get out of there fast enough after dinner. Service was decent, a little slow for all the open tables we could see. Food was amazing as usual, which is the main reason we've gone back.Special Features:
- Great, unique food; poor servicestevecaplanVIPDined on 5/22/2014The food at RA is unique. Being a huge sushi fan, I was not disappointed and they had many unique preparations and combinations of fish dishes. What I did not like is that I did a large order of several different items. Rather than bring them out staggered over the course of the meal, they were all unceremoniously dropped off in front of me (soup, sushi and several hot dishes) at the same time. Not very professional.Special Features:
- Bad serviceCarlsDined on 5/18/2014Sushi was really good , and the food came out in a good amount of time. Service was pretty bad, our server forgot out drinks, never refilled our waters when they ran out. Also when we were trying to order more food she walked passed our table like four times when we were trying to politely ask for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Limited menu but great food. Bento boxes are great; definitely worth it for lunch. Sushi and tempura is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tanjoubi Omedetou !!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014Last week on May 16th was my first visit to Ra Sushi Bar. I went with my 14 year old daughter that evening. It was her birthday and she's absolutely in love with the Japanese culture and food. This place was perfect for her. The decor, ambiance, and food was perfect! My daughter said that it exceeded her expectations!!! Our server was pleasant and wished my daughter Happy Birthday multiple times. He even recommended the "Blushing Geisha" drink for me and it was out of this world!! I would definitely return and tell other friends about this restaurant. We had a marvelous time! Thank you sooo much! (P.S. Tanjoubi Omedetou means Happy Birthday in Japanese)Special Features:
- Poor Service, So-So SushiMickDined on 5/11/2014It is not so much that the service was bad.. the service was "distracted" (took forever and screwed up the bill, twice).. the restaurant was far from full.
- ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!kalexismooreDined on 5/11/2014RA is a family favorite. EVERYTHING on the menu is absolutely phenomenal. The service is fantastic, even on their busiest nights. We're frequent patrons, even though we live 45 minutes away! Always looking for a reason to return- got to bring Mom here for Mother's Day. It was her 1st RA experience and she was blown away by the RAllipops and can't wait to come back and try more. Thanks for an ever-amazing experience!Special Features:
- Great Food and Decor..LoudButterfly83Dined on 5/10/2014I really enjoyed my experience at RA. Our server was really nice and the food was yummy! It didn't take long for us to receive our food and everything was delicious. I love the black and red decor. My only complaint is the music...it was a bit loud. I went there to catch up with a long time friend and I felt like I was screaming across the table the entire time. Other than the music, it was a great experience and I'll be returning very soon. The desserts are awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.