RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore
1390 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21231-3300Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: 4105223200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering both on and off-site which includes party platters, sushi chefs, and even a portable sushi case if requested. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Entertainment: Get Hooked Up! Want to score a $20 RA gift certificate every year during the month of your Half Birthday? Sign up for our preferred customer email program, The Hook Up. In addition to the sweet gift certificate, you'll be the first to hear about food and drink specials, parties, events and all other happenings in the RA. Go to our website to Get Hooked Up.
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (26)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (22)late-night find (20)special occasion (17)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (8)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Fresh FoodAlizarin22Dined on 8/18/2014I had a friend in from out of town and had enjoyed the atmosphere at RA when I had last dined there. My friend was impressed with the ambiance. She ordered the miso soup - which she said was good. I ordered the cucumber kimchee and it was excellent. Very fresh and light, the perfect accompaniment to lunch. We split a spicy tuna roll. I was a little disappointed that the it was so soft. It barely held together as I lifted it off the plate. We also ordered the Tunacado and Chili Ponzu Yellowtail. Both were "out of this world" good and had certainly earned their places on the signature menu. All-in-all, a fun atmosphere to grab sushi while in the city.Special Features:
- ReviewfoodsnobDined on 8/10/2014Food very good, nice presentation. Like that a drink was included with restaurant week menu. Way too noisy inside. Very pleasant outside, weather permitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceMaiaDined on 8/8/2014Went here to celebrate my friends 25 birthday. We had a great time and Kevin out waiter was great with helping us understand the menu..the sushi was AWESOME..I will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun hot spotfunfoodieDined on 8/8/2014Very much enjoyed the food. The service was good. Ambience is modern. The food is fun and different. I wish they would open near Philadelphia..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We went during restaurant week in Baltimore and it was a great deal. 3 courses plus a drink for $30. The food was excellent as usual. The only thing we didn't like was the brought all the food out at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was lackingLoveSushiDined on 8/6/2014The waitress gave one restaurant week menu for 5 people. When asked for extras, she only returned with one. Wasn't knowledgeable or helpful. I have heard of a downfall of good service at RA. Ive been a couple of times in the previous years and it wasnt bad.Special Features:
- very goodgoodfoodDined on 8/5/2014the sushi was fresh and tasty and the service was goodSpecial Features:
- BEST SUSHI EVERnurse15Dined on 8/1/2014My boyfriend and I love RA sushi. Their sushi is top notch and cannot be compared to any other.Special Features:
- Very contemporary sushiNatalieDined on 7/29/2014Very lively restaurant with ecclectic sushi offerings. Service was a little slow but that ambiance was very modern and lively. Would definintely recommend if you are looking for sushi in a fun atmosphere with a great drink list. Definintely a good date spot as well.Special Features:
- Nice Place to eatGreat8Dined on 7/28/2014Ra is great. The scallop bake is a must!!!! I will be back.Special Features:
- Tasty sushiLauraVIPDined on 7/28/2014Went to Ra for the first time and really enjoyed the experience. There were not as many raw fish rolls as I would have expected; most were tempura or seared ahi. All were delicious, but I tend to enjoy more of the traditional sushi. Our waiter was great; attentive without being hovering.Special Features:
- AmazingRAloverDined on 7/25/2014The best sushi we have ever had all over the world. We go there 2-3 times a month. I would to everyday if I could!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; Way too loudTravelingmanDined on 7/22/2014Trendy place. I chose it for sushi. Waiter tried to "sell" me on specialty sushi - more expensive and crunchy /cream cheese stuff. Nigiri was all I wanted. Still he pushed me to order some! Finally he relented and put my order of nigiri in. Didn't have UNI but on the menu. One piece of Hamachi was pitiful looking; looked like someone cut it with a utter knife so I sent it back. Sake list is great. Absolutely not go back -- mainly due to waiter and poor presentation of sushi.Special Features:
- kmarkman33Dined on 7/16/2014Came here with a group Wednesday night, the host was friendly and helpful, and it was my first time booking a reservation using Open Table so everything went really smoothly and I was able to change and update the reservation right from my phone. The food was great, we all got a variety of different items, and everything came out relatively fast. We had great service and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL PLACE TO GO!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014BEST SUSHI AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Trying hard, but lacking executionJamesDined on 6/20/2014RA is an upscale sushi restaurant trying to live the Harbor East high life. It feels overly trendy but the franchise branding kind of cheapens it. The food is not bad, but the disorganized menu is a hopeless exercise. Just ask your server what they recommend and hope they have good taste. Not great, not terrible. Stick with That Sushi Place in Canton for more authentic sushi nights and save this place for a shiny shirt, slicked back hair, and people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi Spot in Baltimore!BriSoFly12Dined on 6/5/2014I love the scenery here. The music is unfortunately really loud, but the lights are low intensity and the food is AMAZING! Go for happy hour definitely! You'll save money and get a good variety of hand rolls that are really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's Birthday OutingAlyssaDined on 6/3/2014I took my Dad and a few others here for his 52nd birthday. Upon walking in the music volume was a little jarring, felt more like walking into a bar then a restaurant for dinner, and it was difficult to hear each other across our table and to hear the waiter. I didn't mind the loudness so much, but my Dad and his girlfriend couldn't get out of there fast enough after dinner. Service was decent, a little slow for all the open tables we could see. Food was amazing as usual, which is the main reason we've gone back.Special Features:
- Great, unique food; poor servicestevecaplanVIPDined on 5/22/2014The food at RA is unique. Being a huge sushi fan, I was not disappointed and they had many unique preparations and combinations of fish dishes. What I did not like is that I did a large order of several different items. Rather than bring them out staggered over the course of the meal, they were all unceremoniously dropped off in front of me (soup, sushi and several hot dishes) at the same time. Not very professional.Special Features:
- Bad serviceCarlsDined on 5/18/2014Sushi was really good , and the food came out in a good amount of time. Service was pretty bad, our server forgot out drinks, never refilled our waters when they ran out. Also when we were trying to order more food she walked passed our table like four times when we were trying to politely ask for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Limited menu but great food. Bento boxes are great; definitely worth it for lunch. Sushi and tempura is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tanjoubi Omedetou !!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014Last week on May 16th was my first visit to Ra Sushi Bar. I went with my 14 year old daughter that evening. It was her birthday and she's absolutely in love with the Japanese culture and food. This place was perfect for her. The decor, ambiance, and food was perfect! My daughter said that it exceeded her expectations!!! Our server was pleasant and wished my daughter Happy Birthday multiple times. He even recommended the "Blushing Geisha" drink for me and it was out of this world!! I would definitely return and tell other friends about this restaurant. We had a marvelous time! Thank you sooo much! (P.S. Tanjoubi Omedetou means Happy Birthday in Japanese)Special Features:
- Poor Service, So-So SushiMickDined on 5/11/2014It is not so much that the service was bad.. the service was "distracted" (took forever and screwed up the bill, twice).. the restaurant was far from full.
- ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!kalexismooreDined on 5/11/2014RA is a family favorite. EVERYTHING on the menu is absolutely phenomenal. The service is fantastic, even on their busiest nights. We're frequent patrons, even though we live 45 minutes away! Always looking for a reason to return- got to bring Mom here for Mother's Day. It was her 1st RA experience and she was blown away by the RAllipops and can't wait to come back and try more. Thanks for an ever-amazing experience!Special Features:
- Great Food and Decor..LoudButterfly83Dined on 5/10/2014I really enjoyed my experience at RA. Our server was really nice and the food was yummy! It didn't take long for us to receive our food and everything was delicious. I love the black and red decor. My only complaint is the music...it was a bit loud. I went there to catch up with a long time friend and I felt like I was screaming across the table the entire time. Other than the music, it was a great experience and I'll be returning very soon. The desserts are awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDWeinsVIPDined on 5/7/2014LOUD, LOUD, LOUD DISTRATINGLY LOUD AND NO REASON FOR ITSpecial Features:
- nice but...amazon815Dined on 5/3/2014the food was great, but we had around three different servers. wasn't sure who i was going to be tipping, who was actually taking our order, and or which girl would circle back to refill our waters. good place, amazing specials, great food, but don't have high expectations on service.Special Features:
- The following 56 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Baltimore reviews archive.
- Outstanding SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/21/2014Never a bad plate here, outstanding in taste and presentation. Most highly recommended place around for sushiSpecial Features:
- Great Pre-bachelorette dinner!SBrad55Dined on 4/18/2014Went to Ra Sushi Bar for a pre-bachelorette celebration and it was delicious. It is loud so I wouldn't recommend if you are looking for a quiet place but we were still able to hear each other in a small group and enjoyed the food and drinks. The Mango Martini was awesome! Affordable and yummy, really good for a girls' night. We were out of town so liked that it was walking distance from a lot of hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MelfromDelDined on 4/13/2014Had the best service ever! Wish I could remember her name. We came in on Sunday around 4:00pm and had a great experience. A few people in our party were having sushi for the first time. The server was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness!!TinyDined on 3/28/2014I was not a fan of sushi at all until my friend invited me out to eat some. I only eat cooked sushi so when I had the Rackin roll and the vegas roll I instantly fell in love!! Ray is my favorite server there!!! I'd eat there 4x a month or more if I could :) :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but loudMikeyJDined on 3/27/2014If you like sushi, this place is pretty awesome. Rolls are delicious, service is great. Only downside is that the place is typically loud. I've only ever seen it crowded, and they blast music. But if you can deal with that, you'll love RA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend and I were inNateVIPDined on 3/27/2014My girlfriend and I were in Baltimore for our belated anniversary and found RA online and figured we'd check it out (she's a huge sushi fan). We made a reservation (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!) and it happened to be on the night they were having their customer appreciation night. Not only was everyone who came entered in to win a $200 gift certificate to the restaurant, but we were also each given coupons for a free appetizer or plate of sushi for our next visit. Our visit was incredible, the food is fantastic and the portions are quite large. Our waitress was excellent as well. We will definitely be going back the next time we head to Baltimore and will be checking it out in other cities too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD LOUD LOUDquesaxaVIPDined on 3/26/2014I am not sure how people socialize at dinner, the music is deafening. You can't talk to your company unless you are shouting or whispering into someone's ear. I am not sure how that is conducive to a good time. They could lower the volume 10 decibels and still have the vibe they are trying to achieve and people would actually be able to talk to each other. I like going to clubs and I expect there to be loud music because all I will be doing is dancing and drinking. I go out to eat because I want to spend time with people and catch up. I couldn't do that and left with a spitting headache. Perhaps I can't hang because I am not in my twenties. I like the food and will continue to go for lunch, but never dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushicati2Dined on 3/23/2014I love RA because they have different and unique rolls. The atmosphere is fun and it is just a great dining experience. I also love the Hook Up program. RA provides great deals for their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sush- Busy VenueSRD4285Dined on 3/23/2014Ra has fantastic sushi, the prices get a bit high if you don't have a discount but I highly recommend that you join their "get hooked" program because they have great specials and promotions on a reasonably frequent basis. The specials are really great deals as well, this week they had two people eat for $25 with 4 rolls of sushi and edamame (would have been $60!). The ambiance is great but it is often crowded so make sure you make a reservation!Special Features:
- Awesome food!TuezdaeDined on 3/23/2014The food here is always amazing. They consistently have delicious, fresh items on the menu!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waaaay too loudsushiloveVIPDined on 3/19/2014Though our server was pleasant and attentive, it is not because of her that we will not return. Haley was a gem...she was the highlight of our meal. Sushi rolls that didn't stay together when picking up and only mediocre in taste. As for that music...that was the biggest thing that we had a problem with from the moment that we walked in. YOU CAN'T HAVE A CONVERSATION WITHOUT SHOUTING. THERE IS NO REASON, THAT I CAN POSSIBLY THINK OF, TO HAVE THE DECIBELS QUITE SO HIGH FOR A DINING ROOM. IF YOU WANT TO BE A NIGHTCLUB....BE THAT....BUT YOU'RE A DINING ESTABLISHMENT AND THE SELECTIONS CHOSEN FELT LIKE JERSEY IN THE 80S. Poor management decisions and handling of situations were the clincher for us and we won't be returning.
- Awesome place and meal! WouldFancyDined on 3/16/2014Awesome place and meal! Would go again. Enjoyed the fact that it was not too crowded. Probably because it was a Sunday night. Hear the place is very popular and usually packed.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Everything was fantastic, as usual. The service was above and beyond, the food was delicious, and this remains one of our favorite spots in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.