RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Atlanta
1080 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rasushi.com/
- Phone: (404) 267-0114
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tai Obata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room available for groups of up to 12 guests. Mezzanine Dining Space available for groups of up to 50 people Sunday through Thursday. Please call the store and speak with a manager for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4042670114x
- Entertainment: Live DJ Friday & Saturday nights from 7pm-Midnight
A word from RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Atlanta
It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (12)late-night find (9)romantic (7)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great sushi. Excellent waiter.PeteDined on 11/22/2014The food was very good. Our waiter was excellent. Fun spot for a birthday celebration.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushicbatlDined on 11/11/2014Great place for a business dinner. My out of town guests truly enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Vibrant and tastyclaudieDined on 11/7/2014I went for lunch with my adult kids and we had a great time. Excellent service, nice lunch menu, reasonable prices for what you get. The music was a bit loud for my taste, but we didn't have to yell at each other to have a conversation. The general menu had an extensive list of sushi and sashimi. All in all, a great find.Special Features:
- Oh no....what no more fish tacos!JBLY116Dined on 10/24/2014I loved the fish and shrimp tacos but found out that they have been taken off the menu. What a bummer! Traveled 45 minutes just for those tacos. Guess I'll have to find a new place....I don't have to travel that far to get good sushi.Special Features:
- ExcellentTexas2rthDined on 10/21/2014Must hit sushi bar with hopping vibe. Las Vegas roll, rockin roll and several other specialty rolls are the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerVIPDined on 10/19/2014love this place wish you added more sushi rolls to the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceHappyCamperDined on 10/16/2014Ther server was very attentive to us, did not have to wait or ask for much, let her pick out a few of her favorite items on the menu and presented to us in a platter. She did a great job because we enjoyed everything she picked. Will return for more sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi ChainBlazeB5Dined on 10/10/2014Although, there is not a diverse selection of specialty rolls, the vegas roll is certainly the go to. Good dishes all around and decent happy hour drink specials. I'd consider them average prices when compared to other sushi restaurants drinks such as house saki, but as the food becomes more popular, the price will go up. They were able to also validate parking up to two hours, which is nice for downtown Atlanta.Special Features:
- I thought it was just me...HungryinAtlantaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Until I noticed that table after table began to murmur about the poor service. Even those that were ordering to-go opted to get a refund rather then wait a second longer for their food. At the time of my dining experience the restaurant was only 30% full. The blame could not be placed in any on area. My party of two received our cocktails in the middle of the meal and starter of miso soup AFTER we completed our meals. For what it's worth, the food was delicious but the poor service left a sour taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 9/16/2014This place has awesome food and service. Our server Whitney was great and made an amazing dessert suggestion. Yum yum! Will go back real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good environment, terrible food.thebestmanDined on 9/13/2014The food ruined the rest of our night - this was for a bachelor party. This I not the place where you would go for authentic Japanese food. The ambiance and service were good, but that's about it. Not worth your money. Save it and go elsewhere.Special Features:
- GingerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great and awesome food and place to eat and enjoy time with your friendsSpecial Features:
- Hot insideCobbFoodDorkDined on 9/6/2014Food was great and so was the service. My only complaint is that it was extremely hot inside. We were fanning ourselves and some even sweating and ready to get out of there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For sushi lovers!sushiheadDined on 8/31/2014I enjoy this place every time I go! Only downside is that they are always out of something important. This time it happened to be ginger, which I love with my sushi. Other than that…the vibe, the food and the service is amazing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/19/2014Food was just bad, not taste, presentation was not good, drinks taste like water. There service was just ok I do not plan to return to here.Special Features:
- tonyaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The Viva Las Vegas roll was great! The outside patio is nice. The bar area opens to the outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RA was awesome!AtlLoveDined on 8/10/2014I took my best friend for her birthday. I had been here once before for someone else's birthday, and my best friend loves sushi. She absolutely loved the place! She are for different selections!!! Fun experience. Even a bee came in from outside and tried to enjoy the experience! Lol If you like sushi it's a must try experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Atlanta reviews archive.
- Dinner on the Patio!NOTMYFAVANYMOREVIPDined on 7/24/2014Nice night at RA...food was good, weather was perfect for dining on the patio. Service was great.Special Features:
- Good Food, Bad ServiceAngworldVIPDined on 7/23/2014Suffice it to say that the ATL location can learn a thing from Scottsdale about good servce--that is--getting orders right, checking on tables periodically, etc.
- Food is delicious!Dan2012Dined on 7/23/2014The only reason I didn't give this restaurant 5 stars is because the food takes long to come out and it doesn't all come out at the same time... We all finished eating and my mom was still waiting for her salad! Other than that service was great the food was delicious and the ambiance was nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014The food was outstanding. I love Sushi and this was by far the best in the city.Special Features:
- Poor Service on a Slow nightAndreaATLVIPDined on 7/9/2014Service lately is spotty sitting upstairs or on the Patio. Latest visits consisted of wrong orders and sending food back, not a good look for a random Wednesday late night that was pretty slow. However the bar is always awesome experience, food is great and drinks from the creative bartenders are even better!Special Features:
- ExcellentIshouldweighDined on 7/3/2014This was my first time here, and it was great! The sushi chef made me something unique after I said I like spicy and crunchy! It was delicious, and I would definitely go back for more.Special Features:
- Happy Hour is greatLamewadDined on 6/30/2014You must go to happy hour at Ra. Sushi deals and drink deals that can't be beat.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I visited RA about a year ago for a birthday dinner and had an amazing time so I decided to hold my birthday dinner there as well on saturday. The manager and staff we completely uncooperative, they didn't seem to care that it was my birthday and we're not willing to accommodate my party at all. When we were finally seated (separately) they forgot my food...me the birthday girl. I was only served half my meal...sat and waited for an hour and my 2nd request just never came. It was VERY stressful to work with the staff and to then come and not even get served my food was just too much. I do not plan on going back to RA which is sad because the food is amazing.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014I originally had a group of 8 girls coming to dinner and last minute 12 more showed up an the manager was so nice and helped accommodate our party. The waitress already split our checks without asking and our food was out so quick. Love RA sushi and the staff for being so welcoming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent ambiance to sit and catch up! The service was fine and food great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as other locationsJohnVIPDined on 6/14/2014We live in Atlanta but this was our first visit to the Midtown location - have enjoyed Ra locations in Scottsdale, Tucson, and Las Vegas on our travels - excellent sushi in upscale shopping locations. The Atlanta location was a disappointment - sushi not nearly as good, service mediocre, ambiance noisy and inefficient - the restaurant seemed to be about the "scene"Special Features:
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/12/2014The sushi here is good although the menu is the same ol'thing. Be nice to get more roles and changes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit & MissDonaldAlexVIPDined on 6/12/2014Some items are good - just good, don't get carried away - and well, some items are flat out bad. Sushi should never taste fishy or like it was purchased from a convenience store. After it's expired date. Great service but there are better, fresher places to dine.Special Features:
- Great SushimlsorrelVIPDined on 6/7/2014Best we've found in Atlanta. And the outdoor seating is fun.Special Features:
- Half-y Birthday to me!happyVIPDined on 5/29/2014Had a great time using my half-y birthday certificate. It was a great excuse for a mid week date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodBdaygirlDined on 5/24/2014Very very loud!!! The food was great. Our waiter was really helpful and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Poor service.BirthdaybummerDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful sushi! Had to ask for what we ordered 2-3 times before we received it :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta has much better sushiMarkVIPDined on 5/20/2014I actually live in the high rise building where this restaurant is located so it is VERY convenient for me, although it is typically my last choice when I am hungry for sushi. When dining in, the music is so LOUD you can never have a conversation with anyone at your table (I guess they call that an "energetic atmosphere"). Furthermore, the service has always been lacking - very slow, inattentive and sometimes downright arrogant. My takeout orders are typically wrong at least 50% of the time. The food is good (not excellent), and well presented but Atlanta has much better sushi to offer nearby.
- Good ExperienceMattDined on 5/15/2014Food wasn't amazing, very commercial feeling however, the experience was great inside and outside, along with service. FAST service, fast food prep, and a great selection on the Happy Hour Menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Midtown FavoriteKayElleDined on 5/3/2014My friends and I often choose Ra for dinner when dining out in Midtown. The sushi menu is full of funky rolls that never disappoint. (I recommend the Viva Las Vegas Roll!) The prices are comparable to other midtown restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively atmosphereAceKinkaidDined on 5/3/2014We've been here a few times, but we went here recently to celebrate my wife's birthday. What I like about this place is that is has good sushi, the atmosphere is awesome, and the prices are pretty reasonable for this type of restaurant in this area of Atlanta. It's great in the Spring and Summer when you can either sit out on the patio and people watch or even sit inside at one of the high top tables when they open the big window. There's also an upstairs area that's nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty 30 dinnersweetpeaDined on 5/1/2014RA was a great location to host my bday dinner. Loved everything about this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and Good FoodpanyariceDined on 4/7/2014Unfortunately, I forgot the server's name but I definitely remember his face and would have no problem recognizing him next time I visit. He was very accessible, open to answering questions and provided quick service. We ordered solely bar happy hour items. Salmon Carpaccio, Seared Tuna, Calamari, were among a few items we tried. Everything was fresh and prepared perfectly. The server did forget to bring our Miso Soup, but we were sort of thankful because we over ordered. Or is my opinion of the restaurant exaggerated due to my being pleased with the $6 Pinnacle Martini options, lol!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.