R10 Social House
179 N. Harbor Drive
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
R10 Social House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://r10socialhouse.com/
- Phone: 3107982500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: MBDi Loren Food Group
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from R10 Social House
The deep channel buoy, R10, is known amongst local boaters, paddlers and seafarers of all kinds (especially the seal variety) as a meeting spot. Named after this buoy located just off the Redondo Harbor, our 90-seat neighborhood joint is a new American social house offering market driven food, well-crafted cocktails and a selection of intriguing, affordable wines. In a setting of reclaimed chic with nautical nods, locals can meet up for a quick bite or linger over a meal with friends and family while taking in the scenic waterfront views. Southern California affords us the luxury of diversity, and so we are able to select farm produce that may have a brief season and that we can use at their peak. Our menu showcases impeccably sourced ingredients from local farms with high standards of sustainability and organic cultivation. We know exactly where our food comes from and how it gets to your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
R10 Social House reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (15)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)late-night find (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- flavorfulcandacenicoleDined on 10/8/2014Food was spectacular. Just wish the portions for the fish plate and short rib plate were larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElongatedDined on 9/27/2014Took the wife for a semi-romantic Friday dinner. The ambiance was nice and the service was really good. My wife in 7 months pregnant and the server made sure to inform us about certain ingredients not recommended for expecting mothers which we appreciated. I love oysters but had to send them back because they had gone bad. The presentation of the food was awesome but everything left something to be desired in the taste category. I can see the effort it there but they failed in the execution. It advertises as "on the water" but only one side had a view of just some boats in the marina. I might go there again and try different stuff, but it's not my first choice for Bay Dining. C+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014food was terrific, service average, noise level not comfortableSpecial Features:
- It was very nice time.KitchenmamaDined on 8/14/2014We visited at night for girls gathering. Staff was very friendly and most of foods were delicious. We really enjoyed our social time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, service not so muchSFfoodieinLADined on 8/9/2014This was my third trip to R10. We were there for a birthday dinner. There was a misunderstanding between the hostess and one of our guests which meant a signficant delay in getting us a table. She also had a bit of attitude with me. When we moved from the bar to our table, she asked if we could close out our tab before we moved to our table because it would be "easier for them." Not very customer-focused. However the food was really good, and our server was also very good. Just put a bad taste in our mouths, no pun intended.Special Features:
- Great new place!!!AprilDined on 8/1/2014I avoided the harbor for any reason but now...I found this place!!! Easy parking (what?! In the South Bay!?!?!?), easy going place that is more upscale for the harbor but not at all pretentious. The scallops, veggie hash, beet salads are all outstanding but the winner was something I wouldn't normally order in a million years...chicken and waffles. Incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrendyKarlamayyyDined on 7/20/2014Loved this trendy new bar. The chicken and waffles were great the ocean view was romantic. The atmosphere was really nice. I wish they had life music and more food on the happy hour menu or menu in general. The drinks took a long time, perhaps the bar was short handed. I have tried almost everything on the menu so far and loved the chicken and waffles the best. I love how local this place is and the cozy couches in the bar area. Great place !!!Special Features:
- R10ChefKateDined on 7/18/2014Fun menu, excellent food, extensive wine list, beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; great locationFrenchieDined on 7/5/2014The food is pretty good here. I didn't give it more than three stars because I feel it is a bit overpriced. Especially, the cocktails! Small glass; big price.Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the R10 Social House reviews archive.
- Limited, but good menu.PhilDined on 6/21/2014While the menu is short and sweet there is enough variability so accommodate most food preferences. Food was prepared well and served in a timely manner. Ambience is more from looking outside than inside with the harbor and ocean right there. With volume levels high even without a full house, a quiet conversation or romantic dinner wouldn't work. Steady, consistent and predictable. It is a great place for a small enthusiastic group to converse, enjoy some beverages and a good note to eat. Highly recommend mixing appetizers in to your dining strategy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Fun locationCaliforniaRedDined on 6/15/2014We spent Father's Day evening at R10. We were seated in a booth with a view of the water, paddle boats and people which was great people watching. The wait staff was very attentive and responsive, but allowed us the time to really peruse the menu, then to enjoy drinks and appetizers and then dinner. We had the Whiskey Loaf for an appetizer and it was great! The cocktail I ordered had run out, but my hubby's was delicious. The steaks with chimichurri sauce were just okay. Our son had the hamburger with chips which was great, and our daughter the macaroni and cheese which was also very good. This restaurant has tremendous potential, but needs to fill out it's menu as it is pretty pricey and limited.Special Features:
- AwfulbeachgirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014Service & food were awful. Wouldn't go back. Sad because it's a great location with a view but totally not worth it. I heard it was marginal at best before I booked a table for 10. Shame on me.
- Glad R10 is in the neighborhood!lisasonrisaDined on 6/13/2014Really happy that a farm to table restaurant like R10 is in Redondo Beach. The food is unique and delicious. I love to bring out-of-towners to the Redondo Pier and now I have another great restaurant to bring them to.Special Features:
- Great cocktails, food and service!LglaDined on 6/13/2014I've been to R10 a few times and always love it. Their spicy margaritas, Mac n cheese and fried olives are ridiculously good. I wish they had a few more vegetarian mains, but my carnivorous friends love the meat too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concept better than executionOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/31/2014R10 is trying to be a high end gastropub in a location where the harbor/ocean view has historically trumped the food. The idea of a farm to table gastropub has lots of potential, but it requires good cooking in the kitchen to be successful, and this place does not have it yet. The menu has a few interesting items but is limited. The actual dishes range from good to mediocre - nothing wowed us. Best dishes were the spring vegetable hash and the cookies and milk for dessert. Yellowtail was overcooked and had a fishy odor. Service was pleasant but a bit slow. Loud interior and seems like more of a place for groups of people. Wine list was poor, which is something else that needs to change if they want to attract foodies.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseSheridanWhitesideVIPDined on 5/16/2014I had heard some great stuff about this place from several friends and clients, so I decided to give it a try. Their whole concept is farm-to-table. We tried their cheese platter and a the fries with marrow crema to start. Totally delicious. For our entrees we order their yellow tail with celery puree; she steak with baby broccoli, and their chicken with maple and buckwheat waffles. Everything was quote flavourful; albeit my chicken was on the drier side. Their chocolate tart with the ginger cream and warm raspberries where also a big hit. We are all looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go heresouthbayresidentDined on 5/2/2014Small portions and we were basically left alone with no service!Special Features:
- SpontaneousspontaneousluvDined on 4/27/2014My first visit to this restaurant and it was great. I was greeted walking in, I decided since this was my first visit to have my server to select the meal for me. GREAT choices! Not over priced. The view of the ocean and the harbor was pleasant. The entire experience was great. Big ups to the "A-Z Chardonnay and the Alcoholic Raisin Bread". Must haves. Everyone from the Manager (Emily) to my server (Ennis) and all others made this a awesome visit and I will dine there again and pass them on as a referral.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!Kimber19335Dined on 4/26/2014Everything we had was fabulous. Would definitely recommend. The place was over crowded and they had to turn people away. I am very glad we had our Open Table Reservation. Other than things being a little slow due to the massive Saturday night rush, this place is a must-go-back-again gem! Wanted to try everything on the menu. There were 4 of us and we all got something different so we could sample each others. Great harbor view as well. Decent prices.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/12/2014The food is excellent. Great small plates restaurant with flavorful farm to table food. We had the lettuce salad, Chicken and waffles, and the shrimp All the dishes exceeded our expectations. However, the inexperienced servers and bartenders were difficult to deal with. We were seated in a dark restaurant...neither the hostess or the servers did not notice the lights were not on! We had to read the menu by our own cellphones. Server could not describe the menu items or give suggestions. I hope this restaurant makes it (only 3 months old) because the food is really good. But the bar and servers need better training before it will be a success. Another tip: Mixed drinks were not properly prepared.... stay with the beer and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/8/2014Inviting staff, great food, and drinks all executed with care! They really separate themselves from everything in redondo beach. The menu is seasonal and I can't wait to go back and try more stuff. Open your mind redondo and enjoy a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration dinnerPatisueDined on 4/7/2014We spent a nice evening outside on the deck at sunset at R10. We heard the restaurant was "farm to table" and it lives up to it's reputation. We ordered a variety of items off the appetizer menu and shared and it was delicious. For main course we ate fish, veggie hash and the Waygu steak. All were perfectly cooked to order and good. I recommend this restaurant completely.Special Features:
- Great food, tiny drinks!KdubDined on 4/5/2014When I ordered my martini I didn't realize it would be "teeny" martini! All of the drinks, wine included, are served in very small glasses with very small pores, without very small prices! That is my only complaint. The food was outstanding and quite unique. We ordered literally almost every thing on the menu (it's a very small menu, like the drinks) and for 6 people, we shared them. The jidori chicken and waffle, veggie hash and wagyu steak were particularly amazing! Fun atmosphere and our server was very attentive. Great place to eat, not so much to drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average.TedCVIPDined on 4/4/2014Seated directly in front of a large open door. It was quite cool and I was surprised that they had not closed the doors. The server explained that there was usually an additional outdoor heater, but it was broken. We asked to be moved somewhere away from the door, so they moved us about 5 feet away lol. The server was well intentioned, but not so professional. Stood at the table next to us chatting for a solid 5-7 minutes while our drinks sat empty & orders went untaken. Drinks were really not great. The menu reads well, if a bit overly cute. Pricing seems a bit haphazard ( Green salad $12- Burger $13?) 3 appetizers ordered were poorly executed and underseasoned. We decided to cancel our entree orders and leave.
- Great cocktails and foodLglaDined on 3/29/2014Loved the old school cocktails and small plates -- great variety of flavors and really fresh!Special Features: