R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
2901 Las Vegas Blvd., South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivierahotel.com/las-vegas-dining/r-steak-seafood/
- Phone: 7027949233
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Bosek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
R Steak offers a traditional steak dinner with a twist of sophistication. This premier Las Vegas restaurant offers an intimate dinner setting for that special occasion, or any occasion! R Steak & Seafood Restaurant offers you the finest selection of steaks and seafood cooked with the freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (28)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- food and service is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The steak is huge and taste very good. The sides is delicious and only $5. But better go with groupon otherwise the food is a little bit over price. Service is ok, friendly, but seems in a rush when they bring out the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Went with my mom while vacationing in Vegas. This place was clean, quiet with beautiful decor. The entire staff was courteous and attentive. The food was amazing, fast and plated beautifully. Will definitely go again next time I am in town.Special Features:
- R Steak HouseDM24Dined on 8/22/2014The food was absolutely amazing on my meal, everything was perfect. Almost perfect on my wife's meal. She ordered the filet cooked well done and it was brought to her medium rare, extremely bloody. We know mistakes happen, but this wasn't even close to well done. She sent it back and they must have put it in the broiler because it tasted like charcoal after that. We didn't complain, we just ate what we could and moved on. By the way my filet was cooked perfect and tasted awesome. Too bad she had to send hers back because it had a burnt/ charcoal taste after reheating it. Overall, great service and the restaurant is nice. We will be going back next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the RiveraOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014I bought a Groupon for a $200 spend at $95 purchase price. Since I've lived in Vegas I'd never visited the Rivera nor did I ever have a feeling to,no offense but it's dated and there are much better Casino options these days. Buying the Groupon I was really looking at the value of it rather then expecting a fine steakhouse. The NY strip I ordered was on par with other strips I've had at other steakhouse, flavorful while being tender! This is budget-friendly for a Vegas steakhouse and the steaks all come with a side of choice of starch and a soup or salad! If your looking for a good,well-priced steakhouse and don't mind the "old, rough around the edges" feel of the Rivera then I would definitely recommend trying the R SteakHouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at Riveria R SteakNellieandMark2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our dining experience at the R Steak and Seafood was great. The Filet Mignon and New York Strip were perfectly cooked, very tender and tasted fantastic. The service was great and our waitress was very attentive. The $5 margaritas using Patron were very good especially the Strawberry ones. With the deals they offer the R Steak is a great bargain and we would highly recommend it. What a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious prime rib!ChingleberryDined on 8/11/2014Huge portion sizes and steak is cooked perfectly. Server was friendly and very helpful. Used a groupon and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bravo!!luv2finediningVIPDined on 8/9/2014Love my Prime Rib. I cant believe it was only $19.99. This place has a lot to offer and I hopw the $19.99 menus will stick around for ahile. So much bang for your buck for a classy steak house. Thank you R steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!JennGinsDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I dined here for our first anniversary dinner while in Las Vegas. We found everyone from the hostess through our waiter to be very friendly and hospitable. Bobby, our waiter, provided a very high level of customer service. He was very knowledgable about the menu and offered very informed wine/food pairings. We had a great dinner and enjoyed the high-class, but not stuffy ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in older Las VegasFirstTimeVegasersDined on 8/7/2014Right from the appetizers, down to the peach cobbler for dessert, R Steak & Seafood was truly a delicious meal. High quality, exceptional taste and our waitress Carmela was wonderful!! If we make it down from Canada again we will definitely be back for more prime rib. It honestly was the best I've ever had. A GEM inside the old Riviera !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Need to enforce dressZandKDined on 8/7/2014The food and service was great. But something about being dressed up and having people in flip flops and tank tops sitting at adjacent tables just doesn't sit right. The dress code needs to be enforced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eatlvfordguyDined on 8/6/2014Very friendly staff, bus service was a bit slow, but otherwise a very nice experience. Pricing is very reasonable, the food was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the groupon...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014It was very much worth the price of the groupon but I wouldn't have been happy if I had paid full price. And having to venture to that side of town is never fun- it's so dirty! The restaurant itself was clean and the service was great but I'd rather stay closer to the strip and enjoy better food even if I have to pay a little extra for it.
- Great food, rushed serviceLovinLifeDined on 8/4/2014My reservation was for 9pm and we got seated quickly. The hostess found me something a little more private and had no problem doing so. Our waitress, however seemed a bit flustered, as did other waiters. Maybe, because it was late and they close at 10, but regardless, the food was great! Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foods and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Good food and good service. I order Tuna dish ( very good), I got it cook medium rare but next time I will order rate is better. I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Expectations Sadly Let DownChefTiffanyDined on 8/2/2014Make reservations, otherwise you might be turned away. The evening started out promising, the hostess and manager both greeted us and were on point! Very professional and friendly, sadly the same was not given by our waitress. A larger table was sat in her section and completely forgot about us! I had the french onion soup which was AMAZING, however the soup container was about 1/8 of the way full. Filet was good and would recommend, however it was served with no sauce! Spend the $4 and add one, you will be happy you did! The dessert was dry and would have sent it back but we couldn't track down our waitress to do so! We waited over 15 minutes for our check! In a town with so many choices, we will not be back because of the service!Special Features:
- awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Went to celebrate my daughters birthday. BOBBY was a great server. Wine and food was awesome! Steak was cooked to perfection....ate the leftovers the next morning and it was still tender. Great Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!AmaslpDined on 8/2/2014Just what we wanted for our dinner-great steak, quiet, beautiful setting, superior service, great food selection and quality. Saved $50 by using a groupon for a dinner for two! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by R Steak & Seafood. Our steaks were very good, and cooked perfectly. Our sides (mashed potatoes, garlic fries, and green beans) were good, but nothing spectacular. Our server was friendly and attentive. Decor was somewhat dated, but much nicer than the rest of the hotel. Overall, there are better choices in Vegas, but we had a great deal with a groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb chops are to fattyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Stay away from the lamb chops to much fat, not much meat.
- R SteakLisaDDined on 8/1/2014Great restaurant - food is good, prices are not bad at all..Special Features:
- Great Food, but the service sucks!foodie2foodieDined on 7/28/2014I decided to try this steak house and overall the steaks were awesome. Perfectly juicy and cooked just the way we asked for it. Now on the service end our waitress was awful. Any time we needed drink refills etc our waitress didn't come back with them for 20 minutes or more. And the worst part was the check, after asking for the bill 2 times she didn't come back with it for about 30 minutes. We went on Monday, and the restaurant was not packed by any means. Just really curious why everything took so long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The food was not worth the money. Lamb was overlooked and there wasn't much flavor. My girlfriend had the ribeye - a $48 ribeye shouldn't be lined with tendons. Our table was dirty when we were seated even though it was pre-set. Service was awful. Super slow. Would not recommend this place at all. You'll pay the same for Ruth's Chris and it will be 10x better.
- Perfect steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014steaks are cooked excelent here. pricey but with a groupon deal it is absolutely worth it. servers are great tooSpecial Features:
- gone down hillWellTraveledDined on 7/25/2014new chef ….new menu …..horrible food. Very disappointed because this use to be one of the top steakhouses in town , now its more like a coffee shop.
- decent value at a dump hotelgamgamDined on 7/24/2014The service was great even if the seems to be under staffed, the food was great, but I couldn't help to notice the amount of trailer park trash all the way around that hotel and the constant stench of smoke. it was notably dirtier than any hotel I've been on The Strip. I would have like to have heard some music or something I was just silence and sound of people eating.
- Delicious FoodPeteVIPDined on 7/20/2014Our group of four enjoyed very much the steak and prime rib dinners we had at R Steak and Seafood. The service and ambience were also top notch.Special Features:
- Awesome DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014My girlfriend and I went for Dinner, at first I was worried because I thought it was a little pricey but once we started having dinner, the food was simply delicious. I had the ribeye steak cooked medium well and I literally cut the meat with a butter knife. The best steak I have ever had!! Great service and very friendly staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!RedSoxDined on 7/16/2014After our first visit, which was a bad experience, they definitely showed us that they can provide top notch food and service as expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steaks & fair priceSiempreotravezDined on 7/12/2014We made reservations for the first available time which was 8pm, but we got there before 7 and we were seated immediately the service was attentive. We must have had 6 different people attending our table. Yet I still had to remind them about the glass of wine I ordered twice. The salad I had was very good. It tasted crisp and refreshing. With just enough dressing. The steak I ordered was very good. Overall it wasn't a remarkable meal, but it could have been much worse.
- Fantastic New York Steak!RandRDined on 7/11/2014I usually go for a petite filet, but wanted something a little fattier...and I was not disappointed. Will definitely come back the next time I am in Vegas!Special Features:
- Great reverse happy hourgreybanditDined on 6/15/2014I went here specifically for the reverse happy hour and was glad I did. The pork sliders were great and he parmesian fries weren't too shabby either. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Eveningcarnak1Dined on 6/1/2014It was a nice evening , the food was cooked to my exact order and the sides were as well presented. Amount was large portions, and moderately priced.Special Features:
- Best Steak in Vegas!MrsMJMDined on 5/28/2014The R Steak & Seafood is just a wonderful place! Our dinner and drinks were excellent, and our server, Michael, was top-notch! This will be a must-do for us now on any trip to Vegas. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a bad choiceVegasDined on 5/7/2014Very elegant for dinner. Menu is nice but not over the top with choices, our waiter David was superb and they will make special accommodations for very special occasions altogether I will return. B+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- R Steaks and SeafoodHamy3Dined on 5/1/2014We found this restaurant on line and decided to try it because we had not been there before. We were not disappointed. The service was excellant, and not intrusive. The food was outstanding. All dishes were properly cooked and very tastey. The peach cobbler dessert was a bit dissappinting due to the biscuit-like topping being hard and cool. The decor is somewhat dated, late 60's, but has a feel of "old Vegas". All in all we enjoyed our visit, and would reccomend it as a nice mid-priced establishemnt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kevinDined on 4/26/2014While the decor is somewhat dated it is still clean, comfortable, and very nice. unfortunately the food was not. Given that the menu was somewhat limited one would expect that they would be cooked perfectly, it was not. The soup was just slightly better than warm. My steak ordered rare was more like medium. The salmon again was barely warm, and the salads were simply a plate of lettuce with a couple of cherry tomato's and very little tasteless dressing. It's hard to complain or send things back when after your served everybody disappears. Maybe they have worked there long enough they know better than to hang around. We won't be rushing back.
- Great fine dining on a budget ! !SasoDined on 4/20/2014Great atmosphere. Food was prepared as ordered and tasted great !...Not too expensive for fine dining (Approx $110) for 2. An appetizer, 2 Steak entrees, extra side shared, 2 drinks (1 alcoholic) and dessert...not bad at all !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTickerTapeDined on 4/16/2014Good food, reasonable price, friendly staff, dated facility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we weren't in a rushHannaLDined on 4/2/2014We ate dinner at R before a show as a "treat" to ourselves. We were very impressed- the restaurant was tastefully designed and decorated. Our server was great, timely; our lateness to the show was not at all his fault- we wanted to linger over the food longer than we should have. The bread basket was delicious, the wine was great, the 2 steaks were perfect, the sides were delicious. We paid about $100 for 2 steak dinners and a bottle of wine and we don't feel that we wasted a penny. We can't wait to go back. *this was labeled a "neighborhood find" because it's inside the Riviera and much easier to get to if you're already there.Special Features:
- A Reason To Rediscover South Stripsmurphy260Dined on 4/1/2014This is truly a great find on Vegas's Southern end. The food was great, the service was great and the price was great. I would highly recommend traveling down to the Strip's Southside and enjoy the food, the service and the history of the Riviera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.