R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
2901 Las Vegas Blvd., South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivierahotel.com/las-vegas-dining/r-steak-seafood/
- Phone: 7027949233
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Bosek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
R Steak offers a traditional steak dinner with a twist of sophistication. This premier Las Vegas restaurant offers an intimate dinner setting for that special occasion, or any occasion! R Steak & Seafood Restaurant offers you the finest selection of steaks and seafood cooked with the freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (17)late-night find (12)notable wine list (11)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Our server Kimberly was unbelieveable, made our night special, the value was fantastic, food was good. It is seriously a great neighborhod findSpecial Features:
- AwesomeZfromWiDined on 10/15/2014The food (steaks) were incredible. They had great drink specials.....a "10" all the way!!! An awesome find!!! Plan to recommend to anyone heading to Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Atmosphere was cozy. Could have used a little more light in my section. Not a very large selection to choose from on the menu. Steaks were cooked perfectly but, could have used a sauce or glaze. Side dishes were excellent. I would recommend this restaurant for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNighthawkDined on 10/9/2014It was the best steak I have ever had and the mashed potatoes where to die for all for 19.99 what a great deal!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerEastCoastFoodies0110Dined on 10/8/2014Nice experience with attentive service from Adrian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R Steaksvandalil2Dined on 10/3/2014First time at this restaurant. Salad was outstanding. Steak done perfectly. Only problem was the steak was larger than they said and I couldn't finish it all.Special Features:
- Beef & WaterWishfulDined on 9/30/2014This could be a perfect place; they just need new cows and water pitchers.Special Features:
- $20 specialsWantmoneysworthDined on 9/30/2014I visited using a groupon coupon. Wife had $42 filet, it was NOT worth the $. My $20 Prime Rib meal was very good but only came with Green beans and mashed potatoes plus small salad. Furnishings dated, booth seat covers very worn. Rick was server, did excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Robert our waiter was top notch as were the rest of the staff. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- can't wait to go backprimeribberDined on 9/27/2014So i went here last month with my girlfriend and it was amazing, so i wanted to bring my friends here for our big vegas trip dinner and omg you guys did it again the food was just amazing and it blew us away how everything was cooked perfect and the service was just great when we needed him he was there and let us be and have a great time when we got what we needed, his name was mark and he was just a overall great guy....but to the food JUST WOW the ribs.falling off the bone..the prime rib was to die for and the sirloin was cooked perfect..i can't say enough about how much i love this place and i know the next time in in vegas i will be back for my 3rd trip because i can't imagine i can find a better place to have a great meal with friendsSpecial Features:
- Nice dinner - great serviceSarahDined on 9/27/2014We had the ribs and the filet mignon. Both were good but not amazing. We still enjoyed ourselves very much - the service was excellent. Our server Mark was spot on, attentive, and polite. It was a bit noisy as expected from reading the reviews but it was a good kind of noisy vibe, everyone was having a good time. The interior is nice.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!KerriUDined on 9/23/2014I was addressed by name when we arrived and when we left by the hostess. Our waiter was great. He checked in with us in proper intervals where you didn't feel like you were forgotten. He was personable and funny. The food was really good and the do have complete dinner options for $19.99 which includes prime rib. The shrimp cocktail had the biggest shrimp I have ever seen in a restaurant. Definitely try this restaurant, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit 9/18/04mrf51Dined on 9/18/2014Food - excellent Service - poor on our visit This was our first visit and would considered giving this restaurant a second try.Special Features:
- Food very good and nice service.scooterbunnyDined on 9/17/2014My wife an I had a very nice meal here. Steaks were done right, although mine was a bit on the tougher side, but still very tasty. Very good bread and side dishes. Prices reasonable. Nice, cozy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Hookem08Dined on 9/11/2014The food was delicious. The steak was cook perfectly and the brick chicken was crispy yet moist. Our waiter was very helpful and attentive to our needs. I would recommend going to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Steak House!FabulousFoodieDined on 9/7/2014Wow, were we ever suprised at how terrific this steakhouse was! We were a little anxious as the area seemed older, and we found this little gem hidden away down a back hallway. It had a quiet, elegant ambience, a bit dated but with modern touches and candle-lit tables. It was busy but with our reservation we were seated right away. Our drinks were perfect, hot bread was served promptly, the caesar salad was small but tasty. The 19.99 Prime Rib Special was fantastic, I had the end cut, it was huge, tender, and seasoned perfectly. Their chicken dish was also excellent with roasted carrots, and yummy mashed potatoes. The Groupon was great, and didn't exclude alcohol or nightly specials. We will definately come back, even w/ no Groupon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014The Steak is perfectly cook and prepared. Very good tasty steak houseSpecial Features:
- PERFECTnicensweetDined on 8/31/2014Our first romantic dining as husband and wife, great choice. We loved this place. Perfect setting, EXCELLENT food and our server-Bobby, great... Would come back again. Best experience in Vegas..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good4EverTerribleDined on 8/30/2014This by far is the worst steakhouse I've ever been to here. The food was salty,the mashed potatos were lumpy,I was served a ridiculously dirty steak knife.. It's was just an overall bad experience. The seats on the Booth were worn and ripped also..the whole restaurant needs a Makeover along with the whole Rivera Hotel itself.. Never CoMing back
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Absolutely top of the line. The attention to detail from the moment you arrive at the restaurant they greet you with the upmost warmth and friendless. The service staff was very attentive to your needs. Informed you of specials as well recommending items from the menu. I reccommend the peach cobbler, a must have!!! Overall I was very pleased, the dining experience was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service is goodPurplegirlDined on 8/26/2014The steak is huge and taste very good. The sides is delicious and only $5. But better go with groupon otherwise the food is a little bit over price. Service is ok, friendly, but seems in a rush when they bring out the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Went with my mom while vacationing in Vegas. This place was clean, quiet with beautiful decor. The entire staff was courteous and attentive. The food was amazing, fast and plated beautifully. Will definitely go again next time I am in town.Special Features:
- R Steak HouseDM24Dined on 8/22/2014The food was absolutely amazing on my meal, everything was perfect. Almost perfect on my wife's meal. She ordered the filet cooked well done and it was brought to her medium rare, extremely bloody. We know mistakes happen, but this wasn't even close to well done. She sent it back and they must have put it in the broiler because it tasted like charcoal after that. We didn't complain, we just ate what we could and moved on. By the way my filet was cooked perfect and tasted awesome. Too bad she had to send hers back because it had a burnt/ charcoal taste after reheating it. Overall, great service and the restaurant is nice. We will be going back next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the RiveraOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014I bought a Groupon for a $200 spend at $95 purchase price. Since I've lived in Vegas I'd never visited the Rivera nor did I ever have a feeling to,no offense but it's dated and there are much better Casino options these days. Buying the Groupon I was really looking at the value of it rather then expecting a fine steakhouse. The NY strip I ordered was on par with other strips I've had at other steakhouse, flavorful while being tender! This is budget-friendly for a Vegas steakhouse and the steaks all come with a side of choice of starch and a soup or salad! If your looking for a good,well-priced steakhouse and don't mind the "old, rough around the edges" feel of the Rivera then I would definitely recommend trying the R SteakHouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at Riveria R SteakNellieandMark2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our dining experience at the R Steak and Seafood was great. The Filet Mignon and New York Strip were perfectly cooked, very tender and tasted fantastic. The service was great and our waitress was very attentive. The $5 margaritas using Patron were very good especially the Strawberry ones. With the deals they offer the R Steak is a great bargain and we would highly recommend it. What a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious prime rib!ChingleberryDined on 8/11/2014Huge portion sizes and steak is cooked perfectly. Server was friendly and very helpful. Used a groupon and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bravo!!luv2finediningVIPDined on 8/9/2014Love my Prime Rib. I cant believe it was only $19.99. This place has a lot to offer and I hopw the $19.99 menus will stick around for ahile. So much bang for your buck for a classy steak house. Thank you R steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!JennGinsDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I dined here for our first anniversary dinner while in Las Vegas. We found everyone from the hostess through our waiter to be very friendly and hospitable. Bobby, our waiter, provided a very high level of customer service. He was very knowledgable about the menu and offered very informed wine/food pairings. We had a great dinner and enjoyed the high-class, but not stuffy ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in older Las VegasFirstTimeVegasersDined on 8/7/2014Right from the appetizers, down to the peach cobbler for dessert, R Steak & Seafood was truly a delicious meal. High quality, exceptional taste and our waitress Carmela was wonderful!! If we make it down from Canada again we will definitely be back for more prime rib. It honestly was the best I've ever had. A GEM inside the old Riviera !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Need to enforce dressZandKDined on 8/7/2014The food and service was great. But something about being dressed up and having people in flip flops and tank tops sitting at adjacent tables just doesn't sit right. The dress code needs to be enforced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eatlvfordguyDined on 8/6/2014Very friendly staff, bus service was a bit slow, but otherwise a very nice experience. Pricing is very reasonable, the food was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the groupon...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014It was very much worth the price of the groupon but I wouldn't have been happy if I had paid full price. And having to venture to that side of town is never fun- it's so dirty! The restaurant itself was clean and the service was great but I'd rather stay closer to the strip and enjoy better food even if I have to pay a little extra for it.
- Great food, rushed serviceLovinLifeDined on 8/4/2014My reservation was for 9pm and we got seated quickly. The hostess found me something a little more private and had no problem doing so. Our waitress, however seemed a bit flustered, as did other waiters. Maybe, because it was late and they close at 10, but regardless, the food was great! Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foods and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Good food and good service. I order Tuna dish ( very good), I got it cook medium rare but next time I will order rate is better. I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Expectations Sadly Let DownChefTiffanyDined on 8/2/2014Make reservations, otherwise you might be turned away. The evening started out promising, the hostess and manager both greeted us and were on point! Very professional and friendly, sadly the same was not given by our waitress. A larger table was sat in her section and completely forgot about us! I had the french onion soup which was AMAZING, however the soup container was about 1/8 of the way full. Filet was good and would recommend, however it was served with no sauce! Spend the $4 and add one, you will be happy you did! The dessert was dry and would have sent it back but we couldn't track down our waitress to do so! We waited over 15 minutes for our check! In a town with so many choices, we will not be back because of the service!Special Features:
- awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Went to celebrate my daughters birthday. BOBBY was a great server. Wine and food was awesome! Steak was cooked to perfection....ate the leftovers the next morning and it was still tender. Great Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!AmaslpDined on 8/2/2014Just what we wanted for our dinner-great steak, quiet, beautiful setting, superior service, great food selection and quality. Saved $50 by using a groupon for a dinner for two! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by R Steak & Seafood. Our steaks were very good, and cooked perfectly. Our sides (mashed potatoes, garlic fries, and green beans) were good, but nothing spectacular. Our server was friendly and attentive. Decor was somewhat dated, but much nicer than the rest of the hotel. Overall, there are better choices in Vegas, but we had a great deal with a groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb chops are to fattyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Stay away from the lamb chops to much fat, not much meat.
- R SteakLisaDDined on 8/1/2014Great restaurant - food is good, prices are not bad at all..Special Features: