R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
2901 Las Vegas Blvd., South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivierahotel.com/las-vegas-dining/r-steak-seafood/
- Phone: (702) 794-9233
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Bosek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
R Steak offers a traditional steak dinner with a twist of sophistication. This premier Las Vegas restaurant offers an intimate dinner setting for that special occasion, or any occasion! R Steak & Seafood Restaurant offers you the finest selection of steaks and seafood cooked with the freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (48)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (25)late-night find (16)notable wine list (13)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- review1Dined on 11/22/2014EXCELLENCE! They were a little busy and maybe a little understaffed but Robert, our server, did not show it. He made our experience a wonderful one and made us feel as though we were one of maybe two tables he was serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large portionsFoodieDined on 11/22/2014We did get Bobby, the waiter, so we had good service and he had an asst to help him. I had the bone in rib-eye and my husband had the filet. Both were large portions, and the meat was tender and flavorful. They just need to reupholster their booths, since they look worn and detract from the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.ronvDined on 11/18/2014Had the $22.00 steak special. Food was not only a great value, it was delicious! Served with mashed potatoes and green beans and hot dinner rolls. We will go here again when in Las Vegas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ogreDined on 11/14/2014best kept secret on the strip. I have eaten there a dozen times over the last three years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014The atmosphere is nice. The service was great. The steak was perfect! We also had the asparagus appetizer which was VERY good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDeliciousDined on 11/9/2014The food was GREAT and the service was too. Especall Bobby and Pedro. They were very attentive and engaged in great conversation with the customers. Will definitely visit again when in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Surpriseruyy2cVIPDined on 11/7/2014What a Great Experience, Great Service, Excellent Filet Mignon one of the Best Steaks I have had in quite a while. My wife had the Salmon she Loved it. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!!2diningdivasDined on 11/2/2014The waitress was Awesome and she displayed professionalim with a side of personality that has 2 dining Divas sharing this experience with several friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKdiamondmanVIPDined on 11/2/2014Food was OK, but not as good as a steakhouse should be. Soup was served barely warm and steaks were tough.Special Features:
- R Steak and Seafood FantasticmichtangerDined on 10/27/2014I booked dinner reservations to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday. She had a remarkable time because of the restaurant staff. Marcie greeted us and took fantastic care of us from the moment we arrived. Marcie greeted my Mom by name when she arrived and wished her a happy birthday. Our server, Kimberly, continued the outstanding service, making food recommendations, taking care of our every need. The food was outstanding with steaks cooked to perfection, but the service was the thing that truly set our experience apart. I would highly recommend the R Steak and Seafood Restaurant to anyone seeking a special dinner in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend!The4ofUsDined on 10/23/2014ambience was classy, menu has something for everyone, reasonably priced for Vegas, but they had "specials" that were very affordable and delicious! Nice for a couple or a group. But, go early because they get VERY busy. The only thing was, we had allowed ample time, but still had to wait for our check and we had a show to get to.... so, ask for the check early...Special Features:
- It was fantasticsdbrit68Dined on 10/20/2014Our server Kimberly was unbelieveable, made our night special, the value was fantastic, food was good. It is seriously a great neighborhod findSpecial Features:
- NiceBrendaDDined on 10/18/2014Although this isn't really our kind of place it was dinner after celebrating 30 years of marriage so we thought we would splurge. We had the dinner for two that included everything except the drinks. One problem we had with this is that there were absolutely no substitutions. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeZfromWiDined on 10/15/2014The food (steaks) were incredible. They had great drink specials.....a "10" all the way!!! An awesome find!!! Plan to recommend to anyone heading to Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Atmosphere was cozy. Could have used a little more light in my section. Not a very large selection to choose from on the menu. Steaks were cooked perfectly but, could have used a sauce or glaze. Side dishes were excellent. I would recommend this restaurant for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a bargainAficionadoDined on 10/10/2014I had the Pre-Fix sirloin steak meal, my girlfriend had the lamb chops. The meats were excellently seasoned and expertly cooked, I was very pleased with the quality and tenderness of both the beef and lamb. The sides were good, the vegatables were cooked and seasoned very well. The only low point was the pre-fix salad, which appeared to be the hearts of heads of iceberg lettuce in Caeasar dressing which made for a bitter, pale plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNighthawkDined on 10/9/2014It was the best steak I have ever had and the mashed potatoes where to die for all for 19.99 what a great deal!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerEastCoastFoodies0110Dined on 10/8/2014Nice experience with attentive service from Adrian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R Steaksvandalil2Dined on 10/3/2014First time at this restaurant. Salad was outstanding. Steak done perfectly. Only problem was the steak was larger than they said and I couldn't finish it all.Special Features:
- Beef & WaterWishfulDined on 9/30/2014This could be a perfect place; they just need new cows and water pitchers.Special Features:
- $20 specialsWantmoneysworthDined on 9/30/2014I visited using a groupon coupon. Wife had $42 filet, it was NOT worth the $. My $20 Prime Rib meal was very good but only came with Green beans and mashed potatoes plus small salad. Furnishings dated, booth seat covers very worn. Rick was server, did excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Robert our waiter was top notch as were the rest of the staff. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- can't wait to go backprimeribberDined on 9/27/2014So i went here last month with my girlfriend and it was amazing, so i wanted to bring my friends here for our big vegas trip dinner and omg you guys did it again the food was just amazing and it blew us away how everything was cooked perfect and the service was just great when we needed him he was there and let us be and have a great time when we got what we needed, his name was mark and he was just a overall great guy....but to the food JUST WOW the ribs.falling off the bone..the prime rib was to die for and the sirloin was cooked perfect..i can't say enough about how much i love this place and i know the next time in in vegas i will be back for my 3rd trip because i can't imagine i can find a better place to have a great meal with friendsSpecial Features:
- Nice dinner - great serviceSarahDined on 9/27/2014We had the ribs and the filet mignon. Both were good but not amazing. We still enjoyed ourselves very much - the service was excellent. Our server Mark was spot on, attentive, and polite. It was a bit noisy as expected from reading the reviews but it was a good kind of noisy vibe, everyone was having a good time. The interior is nice.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!KerriUDined on 9/23/2014I was addressed by name when we arrived and when we left by the hostess. Our waiter was great. He checked in with us in proper intervals where you didn't feel like you were forgotten. He was personable and funny. The food was really good and the do have complete dinner options for $19.99 which includes prime rib. The shrimp cocktail had the biggest shrimp I have ever seen in a restaurant. Definitely try this restaurant, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit 9/18/04mrf51Dined on 9/18/2014Food - excellent Service - poor on our visit This was our first visit and would considered giving this restaurant a second try.Special Features:
- Food very good and nice service.scooterbunnyDined on 9/17/2014My wife an I had a very nice meal here. Steaks were done right, although mine was a bit on the tougher side, but still very tasty. Very good bread and side dishes. Prices reasonable. Nice, cozy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Hookem08Dined on 9/11/2014The food was delicious. The steak was cook perfectly and the brick chicken was crispy yet moist. Our waiter was very helpful and attentive to our needs. I would recommend going to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Steak House!FabulousFoodieDined on 9/7/2014Wow, were we ever suprised at how terrific this steakhouse was! We were a little anxious as the area seemed older, and we found this little gem hidden away down a back hallway. It had a quiet, elegant ambience, a bit dated but with modern touches and candle-lit tables. It was busy but with our reservation we were seated right away. Our drinks were perfect, hot bread was served promptly, the caesar salad was small but tasty. The 19.99 Prime Rib Special was fantastic, I had the end cut, it was huge, tender, and seasoned perfectly. Their chicken dish was also excellent with roasted carrots, and yummy mashed potatoes. The Groupon was great, and didn't exclude alcohol or nightly specials. We will definately come back, even w/ no Groupon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014The Steak is perfectly cook and prepared. Very good tasty steak houseSpecial Features:
- PERFECTnicensweetDined on 8/31/2014Our first romantic dining as husband and wife, great choice. We loved this place. Perfect setting, EXCELLENT food and our server-Bobby, great... Would come back again. Best experience in Vegas..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good4EverTerribleDined on 8/30/2014This by far is the worst steakhouse I've ever been to here. The food was salty,the mashed potatos were lumpy,I was served a ridiculously dirty steak knife.. It's was just an overall bad experience. The seats on the Booth were worn and ripped also..the whole restaurant needs a Makeover along with the whole Rivera Hotel itself.. Never CoMing back
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Absolutely top of the line. The attention to detail from the moment you arrive at the restaurant they greet you with the upmost warmth and friendless. The service staff was very attentive to your needs. Informed you of specials as well recommending items from the menu. I reccommend the peach cobbler, a must have!!! Overall I was very pleased, the dining experience was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service is goodPurplegirlDined on 8/26/2014The steak is huge and taste very good. The sides is delicious and only $5. But better go with groupon otherwise the food is a little bit over price. Service is ok, friendly, but seems in a rush when they bring out the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Went with my mom while vacationing in Vegas. This place was clean, quiet with beautiful decor. The entire staff was courteous and attentive. The food was amazing, fast and plated beautifully. Will definitely go again next time I am in town.Special Features:
- R Steak HouseDM24Dined on 8/22/2014The food was absolutely amazing on my meal, everything was perfect. Almost perfect on my wife's meal. She ordered the filet cooked well done and it was brought to her medium rare, extremely bloody. We know mistakes happen, but this wasn't even close to well done. She sent it back and they must have put it in the broiler because it tasted like charcoal after that. We didn't complain, we just ate what we could and moved on. By the way my filet was cooked perfect and tasted awesome. Too bad she had to send hers back because it had a burnt/ charcoal taste after reheating it. Overall, great service and the restaurant is nice. We will be going back next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAub21AHDined on 8/15/2014loved this restaurant! the food was amazing and the service was top notch!Special Features:
- Dinner at the RiveraOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014I bought a Groupon for a $200 spend at $95 purchase price. Since I've lived in Vegas I'd never visited the Rivera nor did I ever have a feeling to,no offense but it's dated and there are much better Casino options these days. Buying the Groupon I was really looking at the value of it rather then expecting a fine steakhouse. The NY strip I ordered was on par with other strips I've had at other steakhouse, flavorful while being tender! This is budget-friendly for a Vegas steakhouse and the steaks all come with a side of choice of starch and a soup or salad! If your looking for a good,well-priced steakhouse and don't mind the "old, rough around the edges" feel of the Rivera then I would definitely recommend trying the R SteakHouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at Riveria R SteakNellieandMark2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our dining experience at the R Steak and Seafood was great. The Filet Mignon and New York Strip were perfectly cooked, very tender and tasted fantastic. The service was great and our waitress was very attentive. The $5 margaritas using Patron were very good especially the Strawberry ones. With the deals they offer the R Steak is a great bargain and we would highly recommend it. What a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious prime rib!ChingleberryDined on 8/11/2014Huge portion sizes and steak is cooked perfectly. Server was friendly and very helpful. Used a groupon and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.