R Lounge at Two Times Square
714 Seventh Avenue (inside Renaissance Hotel)
Two Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
R Lounge at Two Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rloungetimessquare.com/
- Phone: 212-261-5114x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00AM - 12:00AM
Friday - Saturday 11:30AM - 1:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: With the ultimate wraparound views of Times
Square, R Lounge is an inspired setting for any type
of gathering. Perched intimately along the pulsating
energy below, this truly unique venue will turn any
event into something unforgettable. It’s a refreshing
and stylish atmosphere where your guests will enjoy
specialty cocktails and inventive menus including
“Blue Ribbon Classics” crafted by acclaimed chefs
Bruce & Eric Bromberg of Blue Ribbon Restaurants.
The lounge can accommodate up to 300 guests, who
can expect cuisine and service that are nothing short
A word from R Lounge at Two Times Square
No matter what time of day, the views from R Lounge (voted Best Scenic View by OpenTable diners) are spectacular both inside and out. Boasting floor-to-ceiling windows and breathtaking panoramic views of Times Square, this new NYC lounge and bar comes as a welcome oasis and stylish escape from the hustle and bustle of Times Square.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
R Lounge at Two Times Square - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
R Lounge at Two Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (45)special occasion (17)late-night find (17)romantic (17)good for groups (12)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Little known gemStuasbob53Dined on 10/19/2014Our first experience at the R Lounge was absolutely exceptional. The food was superb, the service was great and they were very accomodating as we had reservations initially for 5, and only 3 of us showed, after we were seated and had sarted our meal, we received a call that the others in our group would be joining us they moved us and our food to a larger table with a spectacular view of Times Square. Although only 1 more person showed, the staff was still very accomodating and did not move us to a smaller table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic viewWillDined on 10/15/2014A fantastic view over Times Square. A must see during your stay in NYC. Food and service are also good. I would recommend this place for a romantic diner !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemLondonmilanDined on 10/12/2014The R Lounge is truly a hidden gem and i plan to help as many ppl find it to experience the luxury. The ambiance, scene and the whole layout of the R Lounge is wonderful. I didn't get a chance to try the food so i plan to go back and find out how the dining aspect is but the drinks were pretty good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our little secretVAdinerDined on 10/11/2014We discovered this restaurant at least 10 years ago, and it's been thru several major changes since then; from hotel restaurant, to a deli to a chinese restaurant and now a killer view lounge/restaurant. You will never find a better view of Times Square without having to be on the crowded, noisy bleachers in Times Square. Lucky enough to get a table by the floor to ceiling windows (hint: go to dinner early...5 or 5:50). Would have liked a strawberry daiquiri, but alas, no frozen drinks here, but I was able to get a very good substitute. Food very good, and not expensive at all. Felt a little rushed when we finished eating our dinner; I'm sure they wanted to "turn the table" since we had such a prime location. Still love this place..Special Features:
- nice experienceSurfloverDined on 10/10/2014Third time at the R Lounge and this was the best one yet. Service was much improved and it's a great quiet place for drinks and good food. Scenic view of Times Square is worth the drink prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timeSDSeattleDined on 9/27/2014I found R lounge on a list of rooftop view restaurants in NYC. I chose it for close proximity to the William Kerr Theater and it's view over Times Square. The view did not disappoint but everything else did. If I could give zero or negative stars I would. The waiter was inattentive, short and rude. Food warm to cold, nothing special. The cocktails average about $15 and are horrible. The manager came over when one of the drinks was sent back. He reprimanded the waiter in front of us at the table and we left to find somewhere else. Which in NYC is not hard to do. Honestly this is a shame. This place is full of potential and could easily be so much better. We were in NYC 5 days and had great experiences everywhere else.Special Features:
- GreatVIPDined on 9/27/2014Breathtaking views looking over Time Square. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great view of Times SquareMetalOxVIPDined on 9/20/2014Very pleasant waitstaff and a wonderful view of Times Square. The chef allowed for substitutions, which was nice. I recommend the salmon! Noise level a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a drink !HHIFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Head here after the theater to get a great seat overlooking Times Square inside the Renaissance Hotel. The bar scene while loud is pretty and they do offer a limited menu for late night dining.Special Features:
- Spectacular viewGjsantoniVIPDined on 9/7/2014You have a priviledge view of tine square, the restaurant is inside the Renassaince Hotel, with a very modern interior. I ejoyed a lot the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable dinnerjenlc723Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had dinner at the R Lounge. While I was disappointed we could not sit along the edge with the windows, we still had a very good view of Times Square. It is a small restaurant (reservations definitely recommended) with unique seating. The service was very good. It is a bit pricey. We both had the steak and it did not blow us away. But I would definitely return for a special occasion or a nice place out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funtodineVIPDined on 9/6/2014Took my mom for a lovely lunch, food was good and reasonable, view of time square is amazing, service as attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was as advertised - ultimate views, good food, and excellent customer service.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view.CandyDined on 8/29/2014While in NYC if you want a quintessential view you can't beat the R Lounge. In the mood for onion soup? Can't beat that either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ViewoneelusivegalDined on 8/24/2014When my friend and I recently visited NYC we were told to visit the R Lounge. The view was great, it overlooked Times Square, you can see the ball that drops on New Years Eve. The Lounge was fairly intimate and the food was good and the prices IMO were more than reasonable. Not a huge menu but had something for just about everyone. It is a restful lounge in a hectic area.Special Features:
- RushedAshhDined on 8/21/2014Went out for my sisters birthday. Wanted to spend an entire evening out. Waitess rushed us. Never offerened us dessert. And told us to pay now because she wants to leave. It wasnt even 10 pm.
- Awesome viewLdivaDined on 8/16/2014Took my sister-girl there for her birthday and had a great time. The hostess was awesome, seating me with a great view of Time Square & allowed that I had added guests at the last minute. The waitress was cool; only problem, it was a slow night & we got there late. We had to order everything (food & drinks) at once because the kitchen & bar was shutting down. However, they allowed us to be there as long as we wanted; we had the place to ourselves without a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemLovenycDined on 8/15/2014I love this place - everytime I'm in NYC, whether I'm staying at the renaissance or not, I always come here! The view of Times Square is insane, food is great, waiters are super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewmydearwatsonDined on 8/8/2014View is awesome! Ambiance is excellent & drinks are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view...undiscovered treasurefoodiegal1Dined on 8/7/2014The view from this restaurant is absolutely amazing. It had a dimly lit, quiet ambience. The food was good. The service could have been better, but overall we enjoyed it very much. The view really is the high point here though.Special Features:
- scenicklr136VIPDined on 8/5/2014The place was beautiful, the views great, the food average. The service was. ..ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and environmentmztiff30Dined on 8/1/2014The food was absolutely delicious. And I love the ambiance and location/view. I just wish someone would've acknowledged my birthday like most restaurants do. I planned a dinner there with my friends to celebrate and it wasn't acknowledged by anyone at the restaurant. They only spoke of my request to sit near the window for the view; which I do greatly appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatergoerDined on 7/22/2014Nice for light bite before theatre. Fabulous view. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R lounge for anniversary lunchkarminozODined on 7/15/2014It was a great place for visitors to have the best view of Times Square! We celebrated our first year anniversary in NYC and stayed at the Rennaisance hotel where this lounge is, and the lack of direct view of Times Square from the hotel rooms is made up for by the view in this restaurant, even though we weren't able to get the prime seat at the windows facing the square. Our server was very friendly and attentive and even had the Mojitos on the house for our celebration! The food was wonderful, in large portions,though my risotto plate wasn't much to write home about. Overall, it was a great dining experience and I would readily recommend this place for visitors to Times Square! A good find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's about the view, that's allTABLEGOYADined on 7/9/2014Best night view of Time Square, I reserved in advance and works well, even with baby and stroller got a great table, all has a great view of Time Square, but the drinks, food and service are really bad, but the visit at night it's worth, it's all about the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewDinner42Dined on 7/5/2014Perfect view of Times Square from behind the bleachers. Friendly service and relaxed atmosphere. Good prices for NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Times SquareSarahVIPDined on 7/1/2014We were looking for a quick, delicious pre-theatre (7 pm on a Tuesday) dinner spot and we found it! We had a beautiful table overlooking Times Square and had a mix of appetizers and entrees. Food was delicious, and served promptly. We were all very happy with our order. Even got a turkey club to go for my husband who was running late and he said that was delicious too! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The following 780 reviews are from the R Lounge at Two Times Square reviews archive.
- R lounge is the bestLuv2dinneDined on 6/20/2014I loved this place from the well seasoned chicken wings to the hot and cheesey spinach dip.... You must order those two. Our view was amazing it looked over time square. My friend loved it for her birthday.. And I can't forget to add that the Chef came out and met us and send us a plate of steak tacos... I loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014You can't get a better view of Times Square...service was slow, but they were busySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2014I had a reservation for 8:30 PM ... and when I got there they warned me that there was no table available, because there was a show there, and if I would have wanted to wait an hour in the lounge ... They could have warned before, so I could have booked somewhere else ...
- Best view in Times Square!LoveNYCDined on 6/9/2014R Lounge was the best spot we could have chosen to take in the extraordinary Times Square. The views were spectacular. If you don't mind paying top dollar for food and drinks, this is the place to be at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Views, Food's FineJasonVIPDined on 6/9/2014This is a fairly standard hotel restaurant, except that it gives you a terrific view of Times Square. Come and impress your out of town guests. I had lunch here, and nothing was TOO expensive, nor was the food exceptional. But if you're eating here, you're really going for the Times Square view. Comfy seats, scenic vista, largish dining room with plenty of space for larger groups. Bonus: This is where Marissa Mayer announced Yahoo's acquisition of Tumblr, at an event featuring former Mayor Michael Bloomberg.Special Features:
- Lovely time in Times SquareriverbluesDined on 5/30/2014This was a great find in the middle of TImes Square - I made a reservation for my husband's birthday and asked for a table by the window. When we arrived, there werent any tables by the window available, so we sat on an inside table - very disappointed, but about 10 minutes later the hostess came and reseated us! The food was good - we tried the Philly Cheesesteak sliders, the Crab Cakes & the Grilled Angus Burger between the 2 of us and liked everything. The views of Times Square are truly spectacular! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great View of Times SquarecalypsoDined on 5/30/2014You get the best view of times square here. The food is good and the price is reasonable. Although there are other places in the area with better menu option and better tasting food. I've been here twice and my major complaint is the service. It felt like the servers are not that happy serving their customers. I've never seen a smile, not even once from the servers the couple of times I've been here. The only time they would say thanks is when they hand you your bill. On my way out, I said thank you and goodnight to the hostess and she just looked at me, didn't say a word or even smiled. I doubt I'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to have a drink atDagmarDined on 5/28/2014Great service, wonderful wine, burger made to perfection. What else to add...oh, the view! Times Square with all its lights and colors enjoyed from this beautifully designed lounge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014Service was not good and the only bad point of our evening. They need more servers to handle that hotspot of a lounge. We had to wait for everything including paying our tab. Views were awesome and dessert was great. The only damper to the evening was the lack of service.Special Features:
- Great View of Times Square!TravelJunky24Dined on 5/24/2014This is the perfect spot for an amazing view of Times Square. I brought my mother here as it was her first time visiting New York. We had dinner elsewhere, and then came to the R Lounge for cocktails and conversation. Be sure to make reservations and request a window seat, which provide the best views. I can't say enough good things about this place! The drinks and service were fantastic, we stayed for over an hour and never felt rushed. Cocktails ran about $15 each, however you are really paying for the views and ambience of this establishment. I must try if you are in the area, or have people visiting from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server issuesFoodieDined on 5/22/2014Never been here before really enjoyed the view and seating arrangement we had but the server was just so pushy about us ordering he came over 10 times in a span of 5 mins and I continue to tell him I would call him once the remaining members of our party arrives. There were not a large selection on the menu the burger was okay a large portion but I would have expected the food to be better.Special Features:
- Great place, service not soWoohooDined on 5/20/2014The place is amazing, we had a table looking out the window direct on times sq, couldn't of asked for a better table. The food is lovely, the only thing that let it down was the service, we booked a table for 8.30pm but didn't actually get the table till 9.10pm due to a private function that over ran. We were just told to wait in the bar their was no apology or offer of a cutious drink whilst we wait. I would say the service needs to step up to match the view and food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View Everything Else Just OKLaggVIPDined on 5/9/2014It is a perfect spot for a tourist to grab a drink and soak in the Times Square lights. While their food looks great, I would recommend keeping it simple and ordering just the finger food. Our waiter was easily frustrated and didn't bother to come around and check on us.Special Features: