R Lounge at Two Times Square
714 Seventh Avenue (inside Renaissance Hotel)
Two Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
R Lounge at Two Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rloungetimessquare.com/
- Phone: 212-261-5114x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00AM - 12:00AM
Friday - Saturday 11:30AM - 1:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: With the ultimate wraparound views of Times
Square, R Lounge is an inspired setting for any type
of gathering. Perched intimately along the pulsating
energy below, this truly unique venue will turn any
event into something unforgettable. It’s a refreshing
and stylish atmosphere where your guests will enjoy
specialty cocktails and inventive menus including
“Blue Ribbon Classics” crafted by acclaimed chefs
Bruce & Eric Bromberg of Blue Ribbon Restaurants.
The lounge can accommodate up to 300 guests, who
can expect cuisine and service that are nothing short
A word from R Lounge at Two Times Square
No matter what time of day, the views from R Lounge (voted Best Scenic View by OpenTable diners) are spectacular both inside and out. Boasting floor-to-ceiling windows and breathtaking panoramic views of Times Square, this new NYC lounge and bar comes as a welcome oasis and stylish escape from the hustle and bustle of Times Square.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
R Lounge at Two Times Square - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
R Lounge at Two Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (49)romantic (24)late-night find (22)special occasion (21)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- RushedAshhDined on 8/21/2014Went out for my sisters birthday. Wanted to spend an entire evening out. Waitess rushed us. Never offerened us dessert. And told us to pay now because she wants to leave. It wasnt even 10 pm.
- Awesome viewLdivaDined on 8/16/2014Took my sister-girl there for her birthday and had a great time. The hostess was awesome, seating me with a great view of Time Square & allowed that I had added guests at the last minute. The waitress was cool; only problem, it was a slow night & we got there late. We had to order everything (food & drinks) at once because the kitchen & bar was shutting down. However, they allowed us to be there as long as we wanted; we had the place to ourselves without a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemLovenycDined on 8/15/2014I love this place - everytime I'm in NYC, whether I'm staying at the renaissance or not, I always come here! The view of Times Square is insane, food is great, waiters are super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewmydearwatsonDined on 8/8/2014View is awesome! Ambiance is excellent & drinks are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view...undiscovered treasurefoodiegal1Dined on 8/7/2014The view from this restaurant is absolutely amazing. It had a dimly lit, quiet ambience. The food was good. The service could have been better, but overall we enjoyed it very much. The view really is the high point here though.Special Features:
- scenicklr136VIPDined on 8/5/2014The place was beautiful, the views great, the food average. The service was. ..ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and environmentmztiff30Dined on 8/1/2014The food was absolutely delicious. And I love the ambiance and location/view. I just wish someone would've acknowledged my birthday like most restaurants do. I planned a dinner there with my friends to celebrate and it wasn't acknowledged by anyone at the restaurant. They only spoke of my request to sit near the window for the view; which I do greatly appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatergoerDined on 7/22/2014Nice for light bite before theatre. Fabulous view. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R lounge for anniversary lunchkarminozODined on 7/15/2014It was a great place for visitors to have the best view of Times Square! We celebrated our first year anniversary in NYC and stayed at the Rennaisance hotel where this lounge is, and the lack of direct view of Times Square from the hotel rooms is made up for by the view in this restaurant, even though we weren't able to get the prime seat at the windows facing the square. Our server was very friendly and attentive and even had the Mojitos on the house for our celebration! The food was wonderful, in large portions,though my risotto plate wasn't much to write home about. Overall, it was a great dining experience and I would readily recommend this place for visitors to Times Square! A good find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's about the view, that's allTABLEGOYADined on 7/9/2014Best night view of Time Square, I reserved in advance and works well, even with baby and stroller got a great table, all has a great view of Time Square, but the drinks, food and service are really bad, but the visit at night it's worth, it's all about the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewDinner42Dined on 7/5/2014Perfect view of Times Square from behind the bleachers. Friendly service and relaxed atmosphere. Good prices for NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Times SquareSarahVIPDined on 7/1/2014We were looking for a quick, delicious pre-theatre (7 pm on a Tuesday) dinner spot and we found it! We had a beautiful table overlooking Times Square and had a mix of appetizers and entrees. Food was delicious, and served promptly. We were all very happy with our order. Even got a turkey club to go for my husband who was running late and he said that was delicious too! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- R lounge is the bestLuv2dinneDined on 6/20/2014I loved this place from the well seasoned chicken wings to the hot and cheesey spinach dip.... You must order those two. Our view was amazing it looked over time square. My friend loved it for her birthday.. And I can't forget to add that the Chef came out and met us and send us a plate of steak tacos... I loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014You can't get a better view of Times Square...service was slow, but they were busySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2014I had a reservation for 8:30 PM ... and when I got there they warned me that there was no table available, because there was a show there, and if I would have wanted to wait an hour in the lounge ... They could have warned before, so I could have booked somewhere else ...
- Best view in Times Square!LoveNYCDined on 6/9/2014R Lounge was the best spot we could have chosen to take in the extraordinary Times Square. The views were spectacular. If you don't mind paying top dollar for food and drinks, this is the place to be at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely time in Times SquareriverbluesDined on 5/30/2014This was a great find in the middle of TImes Square - I made a reservation for my husband's birthday and asked for a table by the window. When we arrived, there werent any tables by the window available, so we sat on an inside table - very disappointed, but about 10 minutes later the hostess came and reseated us! The food was good - we tried the Philly Cheesesteak sliders, the Crab Cakes & the Grilled Angus Burger between the 2 of us and liked everything. The views of Times Square are truly spectacular! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great View of Times SquarecalypsoDined on 5/30/2014You get the best view of times square here. The food is good and the price is reasonable. Although there are other places in the area with better menu option and better tasting food. I've been here twice and my major complaint is the service. It felt like the servers are not that happy serving their customers. I've never seen a smile, not even once from the servers the couple of times I've been here. The only time they would say thanks is when they hand you your bill. On my way out, I said thank you and goodnight to the hostess and she just looked at me, didn't say a word or even smiled. I doubt I'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to have a drink atDagmarDined on 5/28/2014Great service, wonderful wine, burger made to perfection. What else to add...oh, the view! Times Square with all its lights and colors enjoyed from this beautifully designed lounge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014Service was not good and the only bad point of our evening. They need more servers to handle that hotspot of a lounge. We had to wait for everything including paying our tab. Views were awesome and dessert was great. The only damper to the evening was the lack of service.Special Features:
- Great View of Times Square!TravelJunky24Dined on 5/24/2014This is the perfect spot for an amazing view of Times Square. I brought my mother here as it was her first time visiting New York. We had dinner elsewhere, and then came to the R Lounge for cocktails and conversation. Be sure to make reservations and request a window seat, which provide the best views. I can't say enough good things about this place! The drinks and service were fantastic, we stayed for over an hour and never felt rushed. Cocktails ran about $15 each, however you are really paying for the views and ambience of this establishment. I must try if you are in the area, or have people visiting from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server issuesFoodieDined on 5/22/2014Never been here before really enjoyed the view and seating arrangement we had but the server was just so pushy about us ordering he came over 10 times in a span of 5 mins and I continue to tell him I would call him once the remaining members of our party arrives. There were not a large selection on the menu the burger was okay a large portion but I would have expected the food to be better.Special Features:
- Great place, service not soWoohooDined on 5/20/2014The place is amazing, we had a table looking out the window direct on times sq, couldn't of asked for a better table. The food is lovely, the only thing that let it down was the service, we booked a table for 8.30pm but didn't actually get the table till 9.10pm due to a private function that over ran. We were just told to wait in the bar their was no apology or offer of a cutious drink whilst we wait. I would say the service needs to step up to match the view and food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View Everything Else Just OKLaggVIPDined on 5/9/2014It is a perfect spot for a tourist to grab a drink and soak in the Times Square lights. While their food looks great, I would recommend keeping it simple and ordering just the finger food. Our waiter was easily frustrated and didn't bother to come around and check on us.Special Features:
- Fantastic views of Times SquarekbdinesDined on 5/8/2014Nice, relaxed atmosphere. Bistro style uncomplicated food. Great cocktails and friendly service made for a fun evening with friends.Special Features:
- Times Square GemJayFromLAVIPDined on 5/4/2014This restaurant/bar has such a great view, just above Times Square, and great cocktails and bar food, it's my go-to place to meet friends for a drink or snack or meal before or after a matinee of a Broadway show. The light show with all the billboards and lights of Times Square is amazing.Special Features:
- The following 765 reviews are from the R Lounge at Two Times Square reviews archive.
- A complete tourist trapNycatxnyDined on 4/25/2014The food was basically a bar menu. The only thing going for this place is the view of time square. All I can imagine was how they might use the space for the new year's ball drop. To finish off the dinner, I ordered a cup of tea. I was literally given a bag of Lipton tea, a mug with some hot water. It costed $5.50. The Cobb salad was overly pre-dressed with brown avocado. The service was beyond terrible. I will never return, but anyone seeking a place with a view for a bottle of beer, it is good for that. Do to go for a meal or order any coffee or tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Amazing bar with fantastic views of Times Square! Great cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for all the hype, disappointedVirginia1Dined on 4/23/2014my group of 4 reserved a table at the front window for 7p. we arrived 30 minutes early to verify the reservation and confirm location. assured all was well, we were finally seated at 7:15, but given a side window seat. host told us as soon as the table next to us finished dessert (which they were eating) we would be moved over. waiter was less than interested in serving us. food wasn't delivered to the table at one time--about 5 minutes in between. was never offered refills for drinks or dessert. food was average, nothing to write home about. oh, and that table we were promised--never happened. the two ladies decided to take root and stay for the balance of our time there. staff should have timed our arrival/seating better.
- Not impressedNYCfoodie227Dined on 4/20/2014Staff was not very accommodating, menu was very limited, they were out of a lot of items on the menu, missing numerous wines from the wine list. I had been there a couple of years before and the food was great, great presentation and an extremely friendly staff. I can definitely say the service and overall quality has gone downhill.Special Features:
- Birds eye viewMaryellenDined on 4/12/2014Best view of Times Square! Delicious cocktails. NY prices Attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the VIEW1101VIPDined on 4/8/2014We had reservations here and I am very glad we did because the place was hopping at 11:00 p.m. and deservedly so because the view knocks your socks off. The wait staff goes out of its way to get whatever it is one may want or need.The food is quite good, but it is all about the view. The flashing lights of Times Square are mesmerizing and it is a thousand times better to see that razzle-dazzle with a glass of wine in hand, seated comfortably away from the weather! We definitely are returning here when next in NYC.Special Features:
- Amazing!hazelDined on 3/30/2014Great food, great service and a great view over Times Square! Also enjoyed the cocktails, it was a fantastic end to our holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful and overpriced!MargoVIPDined on 3/30/2014We ate at the lounge for a quick bite and ordered fish tacos for 17.00. They were basically two miniscule pieces of cod and a couple of shaved radishes on torillas about 3 inches wide. There were three and in addition to the shells being like rubber they had no taste. Breakfast in the morning were eggs that were runny and probably not even real. The view is fantastic but other than that terrible!Special Features:
- Awesome ViewTanyaVIPDined on 3/29/2014The Manager on Duty was very accommodating in seating our group when we arrived 30 minutes late after our 10:30 Open Table reservation. We were seated at the perfect table with a fabulous view of Times Square. While our waiter was not impressive at all, the food and drinks were very good. There are a variety of items on the menu. Anything from small bites to full meals. Drinks were pricey for me, but $16/drink may be the norm for NYC. I ordered the grilled salmon with Israeli couscous and sauteed spinach. It was so good that I was still licking my fingers the day after. Just a very nice place to end an evening after a play. The atmosphere and food are good, but the view is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible view, good all aroundExcellentDined on 3/29/2014The incredible view of Time Square is what attracted me to eat at R Lounge, a hotel restaurant - something I usually only do on business travel. It turned out, the evening was a wash-out and we could not walk around and enjoy Time Square. The lobby area of the Renaissance just outside the R Lounge turned out to be our resting spot after our first of two shows and before dinner. We were seated right away for an early 5:30 pm pre-theatre reservation - fine as we were able to dine and were not at all rushed. The menu is good, a choice of small plates and entrees. Prices were as expected for NYC. The service was very good. Our server was always nearby when we needed something. We've already told friends about R Lounge and we will return.Special Features:
- Drinks with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/27/2014Cool place for cocktail - overlooking Times Square. Bar bites and full menu too. Went with 2 well behaved children and they loved it and the scene out the floor to ceiling windows. Great place pre or post theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014The food was decent, the drinks were good, but the view was spectacular! Perfect view of time square great ambiance and great service. I would recommend this restaurant to those visiting the city or those who would like to have a some good appetizers and drinks while enjoying a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR WAITRESS WAS HORRIABLEJasmineNicoleDined on 3/22/2014Our waitress never checked on us. She took very long to refil drinks and when it was time to pay and we were done eating she took WELL over 20 minutes to bring the check. I do not remember her name all I know it she was a tall Caucasian women with an accent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Lunch with a ViewLuv2dineVIPDined on 3/18/2014We needed something to eat and a chance to sit for a bit after spending an hour in line at TKTS in Times Square. So this was a perfect chance to grab a late lunch. The menu has plenty of small plates which was perfect since we would be dining out for dinner as well. We were seated at a table / couch area overlooking Times Square, which was fun. We ordered edamame, fish tacos, and some salmon appetizers. Perfect. Our waitress was helpful and friendly; we will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.