R Lounge at Two Times Square
714 Seventh Avenue (inside Renaissance Hotel)
Two Times Square
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
R Lounge at Two Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rloungetimessquare.com/
- Phone: (212) 261-5114
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00AM - 12:00AM
Friday - Saturday 11:30AM - 1:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: With the ultimate wraparound views of Times
Square, R Lounge is an inspired setting for any type
of gathering. Perched intimately along the pulsating
energy below, this truly unique venue will turn any
event into something unforgettable. It’s a refreshing
and stylish atmosphere where your guests will enjoy
specialty cocktails and inventive menus including
“Blue Ribbon Classics” crafted by acclaimed chefs
Bruce & Eric Bromberg of Blue Ribbon Restaurants.
The lounge can accommodate up to 300 guests, who
can expect cuisine and service that are nothing short
A word from R Lounge at Two Times Square
No matter what time of day, the views from R Lounge (voted Best Scenic View by OpenTable diners) are spectacular both inside and out. Boasting floor-to-ceiling windows and breathtaking panoramic views of Times Square, this new NYC lounge and bar comes as a welcome oasis and stylish escape from the hustle and bustle of Times Square.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
R Lounge at Two Times Square - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
R Lounge at Two Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (66)special occasion (35)romantic (32)late-night find (26)hot spot (26)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Amazing ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2014Stopped in with my husband and 10 year old for a bite before an evening show. The view of Times Square from this place can't be beat! While I wouldn't call it kid-friendly, it is absolutely fine for older kids. We had appetizers and drinks. The food was good, and I would absolutely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, inexpensive mealKilmarnockDined on 11/22/2014We booked lunch at this location last Saturday and was very surprised at the great views of Time Square. It was unusually quiet at 1 pm ... Nice to get out of the crowds. Food was reasonable for NYC. Staff were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a surpriseRajshahiChuckDined on 11/21/2014On a cold November night, we had a wonderful time at the R Lounge. The setting is dramatic, and the food was fine. The service was excellent. If you want to take in the Times Square scene in its entirety, I cannot think of a better place to have a good meal with outstanding service than the R Lounge.Special Features:
- Amazing view of Times Square!KNVky8Dined on 11/20/2014Amazing view!!! Perfect way to have some food and drinks and see Times Square! Ask for a table by the window!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place you must visittnpetey25Dined on 11/20/2014This place was awesome. Besides the food being great, the views were even better! Atmosphere was perfect. Plus, you can't beat the $0.99 homemade chips and onion dip! Make sure to make reservations. This is a must see/do/eat when coming to NYC.Special Features:
- Great view, good food, poor staff quality6DutchDined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed our evening @ R lounge. Food and drinks were great. Perfect view, very romantic. Only the staff was not well trained. Not friendly. And the did not had the skills which you would expect from this retaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Both WorldsTomKVIPDined on 11/15/2014The R Lounge has the best view of Times Square, hands down. The drinks are reasonably priced and tasty, and the service is very good. But they also have an excellent assortment of appetizers that we often enjoy as a lunch. Suggest you make a reservation for a table (whether for eating or just drinks) to improve your chances of getting a window table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater optionsthrngrlnycVIPDined on 11/14/2014This is a fun location and makes Times Square seem less crazy. A great view without the crush of humanity and sketchy people in Elmo costumes. The food was decent, the service very pleasant. It's high on my list when we go to see shows.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service, OK Food, OK DrinksBryNycVIPDined on 11/12/2014We had a reservation to celebrate a birthday, made it clear in my notes on the open table reservation. We arrived, got stuck in a corner, service was terrible, wrong drinks were served...this place has amazing potential and is run worse than a Dennys!I would recommend this to a friend.
- RLoungerecommendDined on 11/2/2014RLounge was very accommodating, as we arrived earlier than our reservation. Fantastic view, food was delicious. I was a bit hesitant to go to a lounge, as we had our children (12 yr & 10 yr), but they loved it and were very welcomed. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the staff didnot fill requesttinaDined on 11/1/2014They Never made any accommodations tht I had reserved a spot for myself and my boyfriends birthday, the lunch and view was wonderful, but my reservation request went unfulfilledSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hide AwayBSmithDined on 11/1/2014Like a fish in a fishbowl, you can sit and calmly watch the craziness of Times Square. Absolutely loved it with comfy furniture, great service and delicious drinks. One of my new favorites!Special Features:
- beautiful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014It was 43rd anniversary and it was a beautiful nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningJadedNewYorkerDined on 10/30/2014The host and staff were most accommodating. The food was surprisingly good. I had thought that for a touristy, quick-turn-over type of restaurant/bar that the food would be 'adequate'. Our meals were really quite good! The service was great!Special Features:
- Fantastic 16th Birthday TreatGrogDined on 10/28/2014What a great night. We came here for my daughters 16th Birthday whilst on holiday. We had a table next to the window and the view was amazing. We bought lots of bar bites to share and the food was top notch (the cocktails even better!). The waitress was excellent and then brought out a piece of cake with a candle for my daughter, where other tables joined in singing Happy Birthday. All we could have hoped for and more - exceeded expectations. Thank you R LoungeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar in Times Sq!!IheartnyDined on 10/25/2014We came here to check it out before booking my bachelorette 'night before' drinks here. It was recommended by a friend and couldn't have been happier when we arrived. Great views out to times sq. great food and great cocktails. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good spot!MarieadDined on 10/25/2014Excellent view on Time Square! Drinks and foods were great. Hightly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time Square, Friday NightThommesiterDined on 10/24/2014Great bar location, excellent views and really nice ambiance. The bar was not too crowded - which felt may be the case given it was in such a location. The waiters and service was good and the food tasty. We would recommend and definitely go back again. .Special Features:
- Great Girlfriends Get Together!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Cushioned seats surrounded by floor to ceiling windows overlooking Time Square. Paired with Blue Ribbon and an imaginative drink menu. Attentive host and servers... What more can a girl ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little known gemStuasbob53Dined on 10/19/2014Our first experience at the R Lounge was absolutely exceptional. The food was superb, the service was great and they were very accomodating as we had reservations initially for 5, and only 3 of us showed, after we were seated and had sarted our meal, we received a call that the others in our group would be joining us they moved us and our food to a larger table with a spectacular view of Times Square. Although only 1 more person showed, the staff was still very accomodating and did not move us to a smaller table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic viewWillDined on 10/15/2014A fantastic view over Times Square. A must see during your stay in NYC. Food and service are also good. I would recommend this place for a romantic diner !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemLondonmilanDined on 10/12/2014The R Lounge is truly a hidden gem and i plan to help as many ppl find it to experience the luxury. The ambiance, scene and the whole layout of the R Lounge is wonderful. I didn't get a chance to try the food so i plan to go back and find out how the dining aspect is but the drinks were pretty good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our little secretVAdinerDined on 10/11/2014We discovered this restaurant at least 10 years ago, and it's been thru several major changes since then; from hotel restaurant, to a deli to a chinese restaurant and now a killer view lounge/restaurant. You will never find a better view of Times Square without having to be on the crowded, noisy bleachers in Times Square. Lucky enough to get a table by the floor to ceiling windows (hint: go to dinner early...5 or 5:50). Would have liked a strawberry daiquiri, but alas, no frozen drinks here, but I was able to get a very good substitute. Food very good, and not expensive at all. Felt a little rushed when we finished eating our dinner; I'm sure they wanted to "turn the table" since we had such a prime location. Still love this place..Special Features:
- A Must for every guestBirgiDined on 10/10/2014To Visit this restaurant is a Must for everybody who s in New York for the first time. Great view, Amazing Atmosphere. We were speechless about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experienceSurfloverDined on 10/10/2014Third time at the R Lounge and this was the best one yet. Service was much improved and it's a great quiet place for drinks and good food. Scenic view of Times Square is worth the drink prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timeSDSeattleDined on 9/27/2014I found R lounge on a list of rooftop view restaurants in NYC. I chose it for close proximity to the William Kerr Theater and it's view over Times Square. The view did not disappoint but everything else did. If I could give zero or negative stars I would. The waiter was inattentive, short and rude. Food warm to cold, nothing special. The cocktails average about $15 and are horrible. The manager came over when one of the drinks was sent back. He reprimanded the waiter in front of us at the table and we left to find somewhere else. Which in NYC is not hard to do. Honestly this is a shame. This place is full of potential and could easily be so much better. We were in NYC 5 days and had great experiences everywhere else.Special Features:
- GreatVIPDined on 9/27/2014Breathtaking views looking over Time Square. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great view of Times SquareMetalOxVIPDined on 9/20/2014Very pleasant waitstaff and a wonderful view of Times Square. The chef allowed for substitutions, which was nice. I recommend the salmon! Noise level a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a drink !HHIFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Head here after the theater to get a great seat overlooking Times Square inside the Renaissance Hotel. The bar scene while loud is pretty and they do offer a limited menu for late night dining.Special Features:
- Spectacular viewGjsantoniVIPDined on 9/7/2014You have a priviledge view of tine square, the restaurant is inside the Renassaince Hotel, with a very modern interior. I ejoyed a lot the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable dinnerjenlc723Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had dinner at the R Lounge. While I was disappointed we could not sit along the edge with the windows, we still had a very good view of Times Square. It is a small restaurant (reservations definitely recommended) with unique seating. The service was very good. It is a bit pricey. We both had the steak and it did not blow us away. But I would definitely return for a special occasion or a nice place out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funtodineVIPDined on 9/6/2014Took my mom for a lovely lunch, food was good and reasonable, view of time square is amazing, service as attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was as advertised - ultimate views, good food, and excellent customer service.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view.CandyDined on 8/29/2014While in NYC if you want a quintessential view you can't beat the R Lounge. In the mood for onion soup? Can't beat that either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ViewoneelusivegalDined on 8/24/2014When my friend and I recently visited NYC we were told to visit the R Lounge. The view was great, it overlooked Times Square, you can see the ball that drops on New Years Eve. The Lounge was fairly intimate and the food was good and the prices IMO were more than reasonable. Not a huge menu but had something for just about everyone. It is a restful lounge in a hectic area.Special Features:
- RushedAshhDined on 8/21/2014Went out for my sisters birthday. Wanted to spend an entire evening out. Waitess rushed us. Never offerened us dessert. And told us to pay now because she wants to leave. It wasnt even 10 pm.
- Awesome viewLdivaDined on 8/16/2014Took my sister-girl there for her birthday and had a great time. The hostess was awesome, seating me with a great view of Time Square & allowed that I had added guests at the last minute. The waitress was cool; only problem, it was a slow night & we got there late. We had to order everything (food & drinks) at once because the kitchen & bar was shutting down. However, they allowed us to be there as long as we wanted; we had the place to ourselves without a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemLovenycDined on 8/15/2014I love this place - everytime I'm in NYC, whether I'm staying at the renaissance or not, I always come here! The view of Times Square is insane, food is great, waiters are super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewmydearwatsonDined on 8/8/2014View is awesome! Ambiance is excellent & drinks are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view...undiscovered treasurefoodiegal1Dined on 8/7/2014The view from this restaurant is absolutely amazing. It had a dimly lit, quiet ambience. The food was good. The service could have been better, but overall we enjoyed it very much. The view really is the high point here though.Special Features: