R House Wynwood
2727 NW 2nd Ave.
Miami, FL 33127Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
R House Wynwood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rhousewynwood.com/
- Phone: (305) 576-0201
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 3:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Rocco Carulli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have DJ's late night Friday and Saturday playing in our lounge. We also will have live entertainment during special events.
A word from R House Wynwood
R House Wynwood is a unique casual fine dining establishment and lounge with an integrated gallery right in the heart of the vibrant Miami-Wynwood arts district serving a contemporary and eclectic mix of American, Mediterranean, Asian and Latin dishes while providing patrons the opportunity to admire and acquire art as well as enjoy DJs and live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
R House Wynwood - Best Restaurants in Wynwood ›
R House Wynwood reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (39)hot spot (38)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (29)great for outdoor dining (29)late-night find (17)romantic (16)great for brunch (11)special occasion (11)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best Food ..gem in WynwoodPandaguyDined on 11/8/2014We went to Wynwood Art Walk and had received a recommendation to try out R House. The food quality was outstanding, We started with Seafood Cake and Tuna Tartare. Both were amazing in taste, texture and temperature. Entrees were served in half or full portions. We thought this was brilliant so we try each other's food and have room for dessert. We ordered Short ribs and Seared Tuna, again both were perfectly seasoned and very tasty. Dessert was an equally perfect "Tres Leches", a moist sponge cake made with 3 milks. the cocktails were delicious. Kudos to chef Rocco to be hands on, bussing tables, checking on patrons and making sure everyone was happy. We were very impressed & will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theaterLdwphdDined on 11/8/2014The setting is hip and invigorating - paintings from the nearby galleries. Food was excellent. Staff was friendly and efficient. We did go upon opening (6 pm) so it is not possible to gauge the noise level. Definitely will return!Special Features:
- Great food complimented by service!GingerSpiceDined on 11/5/2014I am so happy that R House is now opening for lunch. My friend and I had the seafood cake and tuna appetizers to start. They were delicious. We split the mushroom sandwich, and were in heaven. Mushrooms are one of my favorite foods and I was so happy to see them presented this way. I will definitely order that again. Of course it is always nice when the chef comes to check on your table, as Rocco did, and the service was flawless!Special Features:
- good but not greatjbrunchDined on 11/2/2014The service was so so. Took a long time to place orders and even longer to get our first drinks. Some servers were attentive and some seemed like they really did not want to be there. Food was decent, would like to try more things. Music got a little loud (had to speak loud for people at the table to hear). Overall though I enjoyed brunch there and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I quit cookingFreeflowerchild96Dined on 11/2/2014I take pride in the food I cook at home and often find myself comparing when I go out. Well, the chefs at R House have done it! Yall take the cake the food was all phenomenal! Everything was cooked to perfection and the combinations made to bring out every flavor! My taste buds didn't want to go home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Design district diningslckingDined on 10/18/2014Keeping the character of the neighborhood, R House has it's share of modern art on display. Background music is good, vibrant atmosphere- good selections of appetizers and entrees offered in half portions also. Very good seafood as well as beef - also good desserts. Good neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very loud for early brunchWPL3Dined on 10/12/2014We drove all the way from Boca Raton and first impresión was "No one cares we are Here" hostess didn't smile, and price was expensive for the quantity, not a brunch please at all. Very sorry.
- good food too loudAdiamondDined on 10/11/2014everything was great but the music was too loud to talk to the people you are with eating dinner not good if you want to have any conversation at all. The food was great and the service was good, even though they were very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivonnejust2bmeDined on 10/4/2014We loved this restaurant!! From the moment we walked in, to the time we left, the staff was on point and courteous. We were so pleased to be greeted by the Executive Chef and owner, Chef Rocco. He was on top of everything, hands on, all night long. The food was delicious. The Tuna Tartare is to die for, and the Ceviche was also exquisite. I had the special of the night which was the Crispy Skin Yellow Snapper, I was delicious! Definitely the place to go for delicious food, great drinks and a beautiful gallery.Special Features:
- Incredible Brazilian moqueca!!PattynhasDined on 10/3/2014Went there on a Friday, the place is super cool, funky but yet cozy. The food was excellent, one of us had the rosemary chicken with potatoes, the potatoes were incriadible. I had the Brazilian moqueca, and I can tell how authentic the dish was, sauce was amazing. Also, tried the ratatouille and for us that love quinoa and eggplant, that's a must! They make their own dessert, I wanted to try their banana dessert but they ran out so I had the dark chocolate pie, which is heaven on earth!! Just thought that the slice of pie was too little to be honest. Place is a little too loud, but other than that I loved the experience! Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and different Cool place.KatsinthehatVIPDined on 9/27/2014Good ambience and tasty food. Will go back. The server was Excellent. Outdoor and indoors Dining. Gallery in The walls. Nice decor with some Cool music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!cynthiaDined on 9/27/2014Loved this place! Went out with friends on a saturday night, food, ambiance, and location were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!JHNsouthbeachDined on 9/27/2014I have lost count on how many times I have been here. Chef Rocco is a true talent! Great food, great service, great atmosphere, great location and most of all fun dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Addition to WynwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. Rocco, the owner, is very personable and the wait staff friendly and helpful. My wife loved the fact that they offer half portions. Love the decor with all the art work. Place had a great energy. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Amazing experience.williamdaneDined on 9/20/2014Our sever was more than fantastic, recommending two dishes that we ended up trying and absolutely loving!Special Features:
- Great food, service & decor!ChristopheDined on 9/20/2014I have been to R House for drinks and dinner and would recommend it for both. Great food and drinks, nice decor, patio outside (which will be more enjoyable in the winter) and on top of that, a great service. Waiters are usually nice and not overbearing, not asking you every 5 seconds if you are happy, not interrupting your conversation like in so many places here...Special Features:
- Different--not much more than OkaySalgoldVIPDined on 9/16/2014Very pretty restaurant, enjoyed the art setup--perhaps not particular artist currently being displayed but the food was okay. Not thrilled about location as well . . . not just yet . . . got a ways to go. Glad they take Prime Card . . . might consider going back as long as still accept Prime card. Otherwise, I'm out :-(Special Features:
- Good food. Awful service.Russell2014Dined on 9/13/2014I really wanted to like this place. Nice vibe and atmosphere. But the service was just so bad! Food, while good, came out cold. Drink orders never came. And we had 3 different servers the entire night who kept on disappearing. Trendy new place with expensive bill - you expect much better service. Our service was just not poor, it was non-existent.Special Features:
- Great Even Under Monsoonal PressureWillDined on 9/13/2014We had a table outside during the very busy Art Walk and the skies opened like there was no tomorrow. The staff quickly rearranged the already chaotic inside dining area to accommodate all of us. The transition was seamless... food was delicious... atmosphere was hopping. Great experience!Special Features:
- I love to eatoheavenstobetsyDined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious and vibrant . Just like Miami culture. . Girls night out went well and finding new places to eat at is what I do. planning the next outing with friendsSpecial Features:
- Must vist R houseEvlovesfoodVIPDined on 9/13/2014From the cocktails to dessert, R house was excellent. Great vibe, good music and service was wonderful. Tuna tartare was amazing ! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itLaraVIPDined on 9/10/2014Nice place, decor, great service and to top it off food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DealGreedyGirlDined on 9/7/2014I went with a friend for Sunday Brunch. We ordered the pecan french toast which had no pecans. The table next to us got several orders and there were tons of pecans! The eggs with feta and potatoes were really good...as well as the pork sliders. the listed mac and cheese was a waste of calories. It had no flavour! When we sent it back, the waiter didn't seem too happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great placeluisacottoDined on 8/30/2014The place has a great menu and vibe. We went on a Saturday and we were expecting to have some live music, but they only had a playlist. A guy and a guitar would have add to our fantastic dining experience. Food was exceptional - best in wyndwood. The service was slow, we ran out of drinks couple of times. This really only affects the restaurant as they could be making more money. Besides my complains of live music and drinks- we had an amazing time and I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and vibeAndyGIIIDined on 8/30/2014Thanks to Open Table reviews we decided to try this place. Very cool spot with a simple menu yet quality food. The owner chef Roccio came around and checked in with everyone. Jacob our server was great. Very knowledgeable of his menu and just a really good guy who loves his job. A must go to spot. We will return soon.Special Features:
- deliciouspassion4foodDined on 8/27/2014Besides out waiter forgetting to take our entree order and having another waiter look for him, the ambiance is very warm. Great comfortable seats outside. Food was very good. Hidden gem restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great food and service, but avoid the "empty" moqueca (no fish, no seafood, no nothing....)Special Features:
- R House is good for food but...MiamifoodiemavenVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service was disappointingly slow. We got seated a few minutes prior to the table next to us yet they got served drinks and appetizers before we even got water. Our drinks took about 15 minutes to get and the server took a while to take our order. Once we did get the food, everything was delicious! Highly recommend the ahi tuna entee, and the jalapeño margarita. The banana Creme brûlée dessert was also amazing! Would go back, but have heard from friends to expect slow and bad service and unfortunately that is the regular routine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R HouseYazuVIPDined on 8/10/2014Brunch was amazing! Food was excellent and so was the service. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceylocalopinion4Dined on 8/10/2014I went there for brunch with friends. The way they have their menu/prices set up is a bit confusing for groups. The food was good, not amazing. Service was very good, server was attentive. The place is hip, artsy, cool and it has a nice ambiance. The only negative thing I could mention is that you will end up paying South Beach tourists prices by the time you are done. Maybe not worth paying the money specially having other options in the surrounding areas for similar quality food in also nice places, for less. Also visited the place on a Wednesday night during Happy Hour, now that is when its definitely worth visiting. Great drinks and small bites for good prices.Special Features:
- What a great House....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Found this place through a friend , went back again two days later for dinner. Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodmichelle0608Dined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed our dishes - they came out a little too fast but otherwise no complaints!Special Features:
- ExcellentryanmhDined on 8/9/2014We weren't sure what we were getting into when we made reservations at R House during the Wynwood Art Walk. It was the only place in the neighborhood that had open reservations -- we felt lucky but skeptical. However, our server Jacob quickly quelled our nerves by demonstrating a thorough understanding of the menu and a passion for the food. I won't go into detail about what we ordered but suffice to say everything was excellent from cocktails to main course. Note: If you order appetizers, I would recommend only ordering a half size of the main course -- it's plenty. (Also, it's great they offer half sizes of some of the main course items - more restaurants should do this!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R House Wynwood is wonderful!VanessaDined on 8/6/2014We've had two wonderful experiences at R House. The 1st time was a Saturday night in May. We sat outside and a fantastic live band was performing. The 2nd time was last Wednesday and we had dinner inside. We were initially disappointed that there was no live music during the week, but the ambience was still nice and artsy, and it was more elegant inside, not too noisy, better for having dinner conversation. Both times, the food, wine, & service were all excellent! We enjoyed the ceviche, the lobster corn soup, the Brazilian moqueca, the seafood linguine, the grilled ahi, the lamb shank, and the skirt steak....all absolutely delicious! We are locals and R House is now our favorite Wynwood restaurant for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatoutDined on 8/3/2014Mostly recommend for their brunch Mostly for adultsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014Food was great. Portions for brunch are huge. Could easily spend hours here with the all you can eat/drink brunch options.Special Features:
- R-HouseAugust1stDined on 7/31/2014R House seems to be trying too hard to fit into the Wynwood scene. The food was pretty good but did not blow my mind. The music was loud and the space a bit empty. This has the potential to be a fun bar with good food but just needs a bit of a following and bit more attention.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiencevickyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Very good service and the food was fresh with several options to order half portions in calorie conscious choices. This was great since I always take home left overs. The portion on the half size was adequate. Very nice fusion of flavors with the tuna with noodles dish Nice ambience in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the R House Wynwood reviews archive.
- It was just okMaidelDined on 7/25/2014While I was very excited to be celebrating my birthday at R House the whole experience fell flat.Reservations said we were celebrating a birthday. We got seated in a strange little corner and the seating was awful. I'm all for rustic cheek, but rocks as the back of a wooden bench? I mean really? To top it off it was like 90 degrees in the restaurant. I get it , opened kitchen, but honestly it's no excuse for the sweltering heat, if other restaurants with a similar set up are pulling it off from Chicago to Miami, R House can invest in some additional cooling. They brought out dessert so I could make a wish and as he placed it down the candle turned off. Our waiter noticed and didn't even bother to re-light it.
- Great find!VKayKDined on 7/25/2014I really enjoyed this Wynnwood neighborhood gem. Beautiful atmosphere and friendly service. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.