R House Wynwood
2727 NW 2nd Ave.
Miami, FL 33127Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
R House Wynwood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rhousewynwood.com/
- Phone: 305-576-0201x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 3:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Rocco Carulli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have DJ's late night Friday and Saturday playing in our lounge. We also will have live entertainment during special events.
A word from R House Wynwood
R House Wynwood is a unique casual fine dining establishment and lounge with an integrated gallery right in the heart of the vibrant Miami-Wynwood arts district serving a contemporary and eclectic mix of American, Mediterranean, Asian and Latin dishes while providing patrons the opportunity to admire and acquire art as well as enjoy DJs and live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
R House Wynwood reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (36)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (30)vibrant bar scene (25)romantic (17)great for brunch (16)special occasion (15)late-night find (14)great for lunch (8)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Different--not much more than OkaySalgoldVIPDined on 9/16/2014Very pretty restaurant, enjoyed the art setup--perhaps not particular artist currently being displayed but the food was okay. Not thrilled about location as well . . . not just yet . . . got a ways to go. Glad they take Prime Card . . . might consider going back as long as still accept Prime card. Otherwise, I'm out :-(Special Features:
- Good food. Awful service.Russell2014Dined on 9/13/2014I really wanted to like this place. Nice vibe and atmosphere. But the service was just so bad! Food, while good, came out cold. Drink orders never came. And we had 3 different servers the entire night who kept on disappearing. Trendy new place with expensive bill - you expect much better service. Our service was just not poor, it was non-existent.Special Features:
- Great Even Under Monsoonal PressureWillDined on 9/13/2014We had a table outside during the very busy Art Walk and the skies opened like there was no tomorrow. The staff quickly rearranged the already chaotic inside dining area to accommodate all of us. The transition was seamless... food was delicious... atmosphere was hopping. Great experience!Special Features:
- Must vist R houseEvlovesfoodVIPDined on 9/13/2014From the cocktails to dessert, R house was excellent. Great vibe, good music and service was wonderful. Tuna tartare was amazing ! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itLaraVIPDined on 9/10/2014Nice place, decor, great service and to top it off food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DealGreedyGirlDined on 9/7/2014I went with a friend for Sunday Brunch. We ordered the pecan french toast which had no pecans. The table next to us got several orders and there were tons of pecans! The eggs with feta and potatoes were really good...as well as the pork sliders. the listed mac and cheese was a waste of calories. It had no flavour! When we sent it back, the waiter didn't seem too happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great placeluisacottoDined on 8/30/2014The place has a great menu and vibe. We went on a Saturday and we were expecting to have some live music, but they only had a playlist. A guy and a guitar would have add to our fantastic dining experience. Food was exceptional - best in wyndwood. The service was slow, we ran out of drinks couple of times. This really only affects the restaurant as they could be making more money. Besides my complains of live music and drinks- we had an amazing time and I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and vibeAndyGIIIDined on 8/30/2014Thanks to Open Table reviews we decided to try this place. Very cool spot with a simple menu yet quality food. The owner chef Roccio came around and checked in with everyone. Jacob our server was great. Very knowledgeable of his menu and just a really good guy who loves his job. A must go to spot. We will return soon.Special Features:
- deliciouspassion4foodDined on 8/27/2014Besides out waiter forgetting to take our entree order and having another waiter look for him, the ambiance is very warm. Great comfortable seats outside. Food was very good. Hidden gem restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R House is good for food but...MiamifoodiemavenVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service was disappointingly slow. We got seated a few minutes prior to the table next to us yet they got served drinks and appetizers before we even got water. Our drinks took about 15 minutes to get and the server took a while to take our order. Once we did get the food, everything was delicious! Highly recommend the ahi tuna entee, and the jalapeño margarita. The banana Creme brûlée dessert was also amazing! Would go back, but have heard from friends to expect slow and bad service and unfortunately that is the regular routine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R HouseYazuDined on 8/10/2014Brunch was amazing! Food was excellent and so was the service. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceylocalopinion4Dined on 8/10/2014I went there for brunch with friends. The way they have their menu/prices set up is a bit confusing for groups. The food was good, not amazing. Service was very good, server was attentive. The place is hip, artsy, cool and it has a nice ambiance. The only negative thing I could mention is that you will end up paying South Beach tourists prices by the time you are done. Maybe not worth paying the money specially having other options in the surrounding areas for similar quality food in also nice places, for less. Also visited the place on a Wednesday night during Happy Hour, now that is when its definitely worth visiting. Great drinks and small bites for good prices.Special Features:
- What a great House....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Found this place through a friend , went back again two days later for dinner. Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodmichelle0608Dined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed our dishes - they came out a little too fast but otherwise no complaints!Special Features:
- ExcellentryanmhDined on 8/9/2014We weren't sure what we were getting into when we made reservations at R House during the Wynwood Art Walk. It was the only place in the neighborhood that had open reservations -- we felt lucky but skeptical. However, our server Jacob quickly quelled our nerves by demonstrating a thorough understanding of the menu and a passion for the food. I won't go into detail about what we ordered but suffice to say everything was excellent from cocktails to main course. Note: If you order appetizers, I would recommend only ordering a half size of the main course -- it's plenty. (Also, it's great they offer half sizes of some of the main course items - more restaurants should do this!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R House Wynwood is wonderful!VanessaDined on 8/6/2014We've had two wonderful experiences at R House. The 1st time was a Saturday night in May. We sat outside and a fantastic live band was performing. The 2nd time was last Wednesday and we had dinner inside. We were initially disappointed that there was no live music during the week, but the ambience was still nice and artsy, and it was more elegant inside, not too noisy, better for having dinner conversation. Both times, the food, wine, & service were all excellent! We enjoyed the ceviche, the lobster corn soup, the Brazilian moqueca, the seafood linguine, the grilled ahi, the lamb shank, and the skirt steak....all absolutely delicious! We are locals and R House is now our favorite Wynwood restaurant for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014Food was great. Portions for brunch are huge. Could easily spend hours here with the all you can eat/drink brunch options.Special Features:
- R-HouseAugust1stDined on 7/31/2014R House seems to be trying too hard to fit into the Wynwood scene. The food was pretty good but did not blow my mind. The music was loud and the space a bit empty. This has the potential to be a fun bar with good food but just needs a bit of a following and bit more attention.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiencevickyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Very good service and the food was fresh with several options to order half portions in calorie conscious choices. This was great since I always take home left overs. The portion on the half size was adequate. Very nice fusion of flavors with the tuna with noodles dish Nice ambience in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okMaidelDined on 7/25/2014While I was very excited to be celebrating my birthday at R House the whole experience fell flat.Reservations said we were celebrating a birthday. We got seated in a strange little corner and the seating was awful. I'm all for rustic cheek, but rocks as the back of a wooden bench? I mean really? To top it off it was like 90 degrees in the restaurant. I get it , opened kitchen, but honestly it's no excuse for the sweltering heat, if other restaurants with a similar set up are pulling it off from Chicago to Miami, R House can invest in some additional cooling. They brought out dessert so I could make a wish and as he placed it down the candle turned off. Our waiter noticed and didn't even bother to re-light it.
- Great find!VKayKDined on 7/25/2014I really enjoyed this Wynnwood neighborhood gem. Beautiful atmosphere and friendly service. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 7/18/2014always seem to be very attentive and food is also good !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotRossBDiningDined on 7/13/2014I was happy with my overall experience at R House. The service was excellent, the servers continually checked up on us. I would definitely recommend the brunch special to anyone. Plenty of food to pick at, not to mention the bottomless brunch drink of your choice. The music was good and I enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't recommendPeterDined on 7/12/2014It is the second time that I go to R House. First one it was on the opening so it is expected to be a mess but now after a few months I tried again and still a mess. The waiter never ask what kind of water we wanted and just pour regular water on our glasses. After that, our drinks took very long but that it wasn't a issue because the bar was crowd. We order the plates, my it was the Grilled Ahi Tuna and my fiancée it was the special, the waiter never ask me how I would like the Tuna to be done and my plate it came first and took at least 20 min to my fiancée's plate to arrive. It will be very hard for me to go back.
- What a sceneIvetaVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was my second visit to R house and what a disappointment. The art and the restaurant is beautiful, but the service is more then poor. Even with reservation we waited for 20 min to be seated while host disappeared into kitchen a none seems to know why. The server was so flustered and disorganized, that he poured water into wine glasses and took him another 25 min and few reminders to get us drinks. Then only 1 drink was delivered. Don't ask me why. No cutlery on the table and we had to walk to the kitchen to get a steak knife. The best part was when chef ( ? owner? not sure ) kicked out some guests from the restaurant yelling across the entire place. What a scene! The food is always but without great service is just another place.Special Features:
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 7/12/2014food was nice and great variety specially with art walk going on !!!Special Features:
- Good beginning but poor endingZulyDined on 7/12/2014Atmosphere was great, sat outside, great band, great service. Food was good but disappointed with limited dessert menu(only 2 options) and no coffee only decafSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour rules!RubskiDined on 7/10/2014What a great deal! I came with a friend, had some drinks and the sweet pea falafel and the ratatouille. Great ambiance, and for the quality of the food a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic spotguitaralicious9Dined on 7/1/2014I was pleasantly surprised by my dining experience at R House. The cocktails were excellent (I highly recommend the ginger martini and the cherry old-fashioned). To start, we had the duck confit spring rolls, braised short rib sliders, and sweet pea falafel. I enjoyed all three quite a bit, and the duck confit spring rolls were especially fantastic. I wish I could eat those every day for the rest of my life. Our mains were also excellent (seared ahi tuna with soba noodles, and the Brazilian moqueca stew). Service was friendly but a bit slow. Still, it was nice to be able to linger at the table and enjoy the food, so I did not mind. We will definitely come back here soon.Special Features:
- Great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Great find in wynwood with charismatic chef owner Great food at great pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, definitely recommendDrodDined on 6/21/2014Tartare, cheviche, short rib, cuatro leches were all tastey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FreshCharmingEatsDined on 6/14/2014It is a very cool atmosphere displaying cutting edge art, delicious food and live music (outside). Great service and very friendly wait staff. I'll definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good but too expensiveRamziVIPDined on 6/8/2014For a brunch (food and booze brunch) it's going to cost $52 + tax + 18% automatic gratuity. food is ok, quantities are very small. service is too slow, after we were seated we waited for 20 minutes before someone showed up at our table (we had to flag them). it was an "Ok" experience but there are better quality brunches out there with much more reasonable prices
- Chaotic SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014The service was very slow and poor and the best way to describe it is a chaotic scene. Either everyone is a rookie learning on their first job or the standard of service is far below any other restaurant in South Florida. Get ready to repeat your order at least 3 times to get it right. On top of all, the management is non-existent thereby the low quality of the service. The big surprise is that the kitchen does make some delicious food as well as the music and decor, so if you are willing to put up with the incompetent service, then go for it.Special Features:
- Seafood loverCiboLover2013VIPDined on 6/7/2014As a seafood lover I ordered the Brazilian Seafood entreé (first on the menu). The flavor was great, but it lacked of seafood on it!!! My husband and I shared the full size one and we only had 4 shrimp, 2 scallops and that's it and a ton of juice to mix in the basmati rice. The ceviche, tuna tartare and duck rolls were really good although a bit pricy for my experience. The pasta my son ordered was good in flavor but a bit overcooked. He liked it because as a teenager he will eat everything in front of him, but I believe they should make it a bit more saucy and less cooked. Overall the place is nice, vibrant and the flavors are good and yes, I do recommend it...hoping they get better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014We had a reservation for 10:00pm, and they ended up seating us at 11:00 pm!!! Bad management of their reservation system!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! Friday night spot ! Trendy!AlbertoDined on 6/6/2014Love r house I went with my friends and had a great time like always. Loved last night cocktails! Also they have happy hour until 8 for bar bites and drinks. This was my second time and will continue going 😁Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R House was a great experiencemichyVIPDined on 6/6/2014The drinks and the food at R house were impressive. The staff was pleasant and attentive. It is definitely a new hot spot in Wynwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R House attenton to detail requiredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014What works:responsive maître d, the chef is available and tries to fix the chronic mess ups from the kitchen and the servers, What does not work: all food arrived very close to stone cold and this seems odd since the brunch menu is a finite number of standard dishes. If the food is ready, why can't they get it to the table? the server does not know what is in the food (such as nuts in the basil pesto-of course I know that BP is not traditionally made with walnuts, After several delays I said to the server, I think we'll just settle up our drinks and go someplace else. At this point the server told me he would comp one meal-when the check came, I was charged for both! I heard a similar conversation behind as we were waiting for the check.Special Features:
- Such a treasureFloridafamilyVIPDined on 5/25/2014So happy to have R house in our neighborhood. Great DJ on the patio for brunch and the food was outstanding. The skirt steak with truffle egg and spinach was super! And of course bottomless mimosas on brunch helps too. Only suggestion, the patio desperately needs proper shade, especially for the lunch and brunch crowd, it is too uncomfortable out there. Thanks for the art and great atmosphere too, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.