R+D Kitchen - Yountville
6795 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
R+D Kitchen - Yountville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hillstone.com/
- Phone: 7079450920x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Stefano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View
A word from R+D Kitchen - Yountville
R+D Kitchen offers crisp and flavorful cuisine in quintessential indoor-outdoor spaces. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Ding's Crispy Sandwich, the Thai Steak and Noodle Salad, or our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascarpone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
R+D Kitchen - Yountville - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
R+D Kitchen - Yountville reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (121)fit for foodies (112)neighborhood gem (88)great for outdoor dining (84)hot spot (65)vibrant bar scene (63)good for groups (60)special occasion (54)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (34)kid-friendly (30)romantic (29)scenic view (27)late-night find (25)Show More
- Much better places nearbySFDougVIPDined on 9/26/2014Went for a weekday lunch and was disappointed from start to finish. Service was adequate but not polished. Food was good but unremarkable. We left wishing we had gone around the corner to any one of the other Yountville restaurants that are worth the drive. This was not.Special Features:
- Great Lunch with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Had a late lunch with friends on a Sunday. The food was fantastic and was made better because we had great company to enjoy it with. Drink service was a bit slow, but overall another great find in Yountville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014My 1st time at R & D, and they delivered. Good food, good service and a hopping ambiance. I'll be back.Special Features:
- it just feels goodabbCVIPDined on 9/20/2014i walked in and immediately liked it. staff was welcoming and smiling. the woods are warm and the booth was cozy. maybe i'm a sushi snob but the rolls were just ok. the rice wasn't quite right, but then again, my fault for ordering sushi at a non-japanese establishment. everything else was great. the cheeseburger, pulled pork sandwich, chicken sandwich were all very yum. i got the macho salad, and it should've been good with all the ingredients, but it didn't come together. i think it was because the pieces were all huge: tomato, avocado, chicken, cornbread crouton, goat cheese... and i'm just to lazy to cut everything down for a better mix. it ended up being a bite of this, a bite of that...all separated. oh well. but i'd still come back.
- JewelsDined on 9/19/2014Limited, eclectic menu....Probably better for lunch than dinner, Patio was great for wine and snacks. Nothing to write home about. Try the sister restaurant The Rutherford Grill for a better experience.Special Features:
- bthiebooDined on 9/19/2014Nothing bad to say....food was good, service was good, menu was very short, as was the wine list. However, nothing really special about the place.
- Awesome!fooodierobertDined on 9/16/2014Love,love,love this place!!! We have one of these in Newport Beach, so it was fun to see the same quality and consistency. Excellent dining experience!!Special Features:
- at the corner of 29 and Yountville:discernerVIPDined on 9/16/2014what a gem! a beacon for Yountville's already thriving food scene. the service was outstanding: Jessica is a star server, and was attentive to our every need. wide selection of comfort food on a stellar level. the ambiance is rich, relaxing, and stylish. We locals walked to R+D and celebrated a birthday that evening, and I will find every opportunity to return. fresh(est) sushi in the Valley.Special Features:
- Perfect menuPinotVista2Dined on 9/16/2014Love the menu short and interesting always fresh friendly serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lynnjeanDined on 9/14/2014Efficient service and some veggie options. the 3 choices from the menu were nicely done - one veggie sandwich, one sushi roll and one thai noodle dish. moderate pricing on wine list. nice spot for our lunch. will come back again to try outdoor or evening ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kulamelodyDined on 9/14/2014We had the Crispy chicken sandwich and the Carnitas sandwich for lunch. Both were unbelievably delicious. The fresh vegetables crisp, the protein cooked to perfection. Nothing greasy, nothing smushed together. Just a pleasure to eat. We can't wait to return to Napa so we can try everything else on their menu!Special Features:
- Pretty Damn GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/13/2014Look, this is the 4th time we've been here in the last 2 months. Each time we have ordered the Thai Steak and Noodle salad. I think it's the best dish I've had at a restaurant in the past several years. The ribs are another favorite, a can't miss choice. Tried the Arctic Char most recently - somewhat reluctantly, I must say, only because we didn't want to mess with the perfection of the salad and the ribs. It exceeded expectations. I don't usually write online reviews - had to for this place.Special Features:
- Friendly Placelocalnapan2Dined on 9/13/2014Our guests wanted to sit outside where only a very limited menu is served. With all of our beautiful outdoor weather in the Napa Valley they should serve the full menu on their very nice patio. My shredded pork sandwich was delicious, although very messy to eat as was filled with too much of everything. Price very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantRobinVIPDined on 9/9/2014The food is amazing here. Presented beautifully, creative, and delicious. The coconut shrimp sushi, kale and cashew salad, and thai noodles with beef are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!PoldoDined on 9/7/2014It is 48 hours later and we're still talking about how good the heirloom tomato salad was. The hanger steeak was tasty and cooked to perfection. Good selection of wines by the glass. Service was attentive and professional--if anything, too fast. Carrot cake was great. Don't miss this place. Also, it looks like a great place for drinks outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itnvlocalDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at R & D Kitchen several times. Being a local, this is one of our favorite places. As always, great food and great service. This place has one of the best outdoor bars in the Napa Valley, come early for a drink around one of the fire pits.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014I ordered a sushi roll without cucumbers. After 35 minutes, the server came to ask me if I had an allergy to cucumbers or did I just not want them in my rolls. We then waited an additional 10 minutes to being served dinner. We waited a total of 45 minutes from ordering our food to being served. Extremely disappointing....terrible service. No communication with the customers!!!!!
- great grazingMERCDined on 9/5/2014We wanted to sample the menu and really enjoyed everything-esp. the kale and cashew salad. Our waitperson was excellent and did nit try to rush us out. We had great food, wine and a good time.Special Features:
- R & D KITCHEN YOUNTVILLEwillreturnDined on 9/1/2014very attractive setting inside and out, beautiful design inside...sparkling impression...notable bar. small menu with good selections, fast, efficient, friendly service, professional. food equally attractive, delicious. huge improvement over previous restaurant on same siteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa FunMimiVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was a fabulous dinner! Food was outstanding and the service perfect. The restaurNt is noisy but manageable. Not good for that twosome out for a romantic evening but a fun and energetic place. No corkage on wine we brought which was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PlacejangleDined on 8/31/2014Not alot of menu options if you do not want sushi/sashimi, but very delightful, well presented plates. The space is BEAUTIFUL, the service FABULOUS, we have no regrets.Special Features:
- Great place for a good mealwinegirlDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service....always consistent. Love the fact that they don't charge a corkage fee.Special Features:
- Unique sushiA10earthquakeDined on 8/26/2014We started with sushi. It was very interesting sushi but, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it again and againelwademdDined on 8/25/2014This was my third time in four days. The first time was for a group of 6, the second time was the day of the earthquake in Napa when nothing was open at night, and this third time was for the people that couldn't make it for the first dinner! Service was wonderful, the food well prepared as always, and the atmosphere continues to be a good one. I come to Napa frequently for business, and this is a restaurant that I frequent with some regularity. Can't wait to come again.Special Features:
- Special Occasion Made Memorable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We're locals and wished for a new and special place for a memorable location...R+D provided just the right locale offering great food, wonderful and welcoming service plus many special touches to make our birthday girl feel truly feted! Thank you! We enjoyed being outside, the dining space provided was part of the action but intimate for good conversation.Special Features:
- Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everyone was friendly and helpful a little slow getting some of the basic items we needed but was comp one drink to make up for it. I love the dimmed lights super romantic the food was Great I work at a nearby hotel and I recommend this restaurant ALL the time! Everyone so far loves it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- be careful of 'outdoor dining'darwin96VIPDined on 8/22/2014Their website misleadingly advertises indoor/outdoor dining so i noted in my reservation we'd like to be outdoors. when i got there the hostess pointed me to the outdoor bar where they serve the regular menu, but it is only if you are at the bar, not at any outdoor tables. we were fine with eating at the bar, we are casual, so we went for it. well, we got ridiculously slow and inattentive service at the bar. and it was not that busy. very disappointed in the experience of the evening. i adjust my expectations for bar food service, but even by lowered expectations, it was disappointing. food was solid. if i had a more accurate understanding of 'outdoor dining' we would have taken a table inside and had a better experience i hope.
- Overall impressedCassandraDined on 8/22/2014Food was great! My hubby got the chicken sandwich and I got the carnitas sandwich. Service was great, almost too attentive. Waitresses brought our check and cleared my plate before asking if were finished. I don't like to be rushed. Overall, enjoyed our visit and we will return. Similar to Rutherford grill. And no corkage fee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server CalebBiggerbetsDined on 8/20/2014Outstanding. Attentive. Knowledgable. Pleasant . We enjoyed the food and ambiance. We will definitely revisit. The server truly made our experience much better. Loved the martini service as well. Wine list could be more upscale for our tastes. Would like to try dining outside next time. The night we went it was a little too cool and breezy to try it.Special Features:
- Good food; poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014The menu at R & D is fairly limited. On our past two visits, that did not matter because the service was so outstanding. This time, the service fell flat. I ordered a beer and asked the waiter to not bring it until he brought my dinner. Dinner came - no beer. We had to remind him. No big deal. I was not done with my dinner and the waiter whisked away my plate without even asking. We ordered dessert, specifically asking for no nuts on the sundae (which is very good). The sundae came with nuts on it. Without asking if we wanted coffee or anything else, the bill was unceremoniously set on our table. They really seemed to be in a hurry to get us out of there. Okay - but we won't be coming back.
- allyfVIPDined on 8/18/2014I have been to a couple of these restaurants in various locations and the food is always good. The burgers are great. The menu is small. This particular R & D has a beautiful outdoor space and bar for large groups.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteNicolette216Dined on 8/17/2014We LOVE R+D for after work drinks, lunch, post wine tasting or a dinner out- you name it! Great cocktails, wine and beer list and always a great tentative server in or outside. Everything we have tried on the menu has been delicious. My only wish for change is the ability to have dinner outside at the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieAnnieDined on 8/17/2014Great place! Nice atmosphere, food was very good, although the super thin slice of fish on my sushi could have been a bit thicker. There were only 2 offerings for dessert, which I found strange. It seemed like our waitress forgot a lot, but perhaps she was new. Overall a place I would def. recommend!Special Features:
- Won't be BackvisitingfoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a reservation. We were 5 minutes early. Upon arrival, we were told there was a 20 minute wait.....however, the place was nearly empty. Once seated, we were ignored for another 15 minutes. Once the waitress came to our table, it was obvious she didn't want to be there. We were pretty-much ignored the entire time we were there. This was by far the worst service we have ever had at a Yountville restaurant....or any restaurant.
- Yummy hamburgerWininginNapaDined on 8/17/2014Great food, pleasant service, good recommendations, but lousey tea...Special Features:
- Good food and reasonable pricesBob1VIPDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed dour dining experience, nice outdoor beachy area for a drink then good dinner inside at a reasonable price for the Yountville area. Avoid wine tasting in the area though, tasting prices are out of control and ludicrous.Special Features:
- 23TaurusDined on 8/16/2014The food is great and service is excelllent. I would definitely recomment this place.Special Features:
- R & D KitchenphotovalDined on 8/16/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the selection of food items, the portions and the price at R & D Kitchen. The variety of items on the lunch menu from gorgeous sushi rolls to amazing sandwiches with pickled onions on house made rolls and breads,was great to have in one place. The prices were reasonable, and the portions were just right! We were looking for a nice place to have lunch, without going too casual or too formal, and close to home (Napa). It was like a mini vacation spending the afternoon in Yountville, enjoying a nice meal and very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hello HoustonsProsperFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014R&D is another in the Houston's concept restaurant portfolio. Food is great and portions are super sized. We split a salad and then the pork sandwich and even at that we struggled to waddle out of there. Food quality is fantastic and service is excellent just as it is at all the Houston's chain. They have transplanted the concept and even the look into Napa. Wine list is short which being IN Napa you would think they would have beefed it up. This is a reservation only situation in the evening. I highly recommend but you need to book it at least day in advance for the weekend.Special Features:
- Terrible R&D KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014One of the worst dining experiences ever!! Poor service - we specifically asked the waitress to not hurry the meal then when we were still eating the appetizer the main course arrived. The entrees were taken back to the kitchen but when the food came back to the table, the ribs were dry as if kept under heating lamps and my wife's steak was very rare after asking for medium. The steak was returned to the kitchen, five minutes later it was brought back to the table looking just the same and cold as if it had sat out and not been cooked further. The manager came to the table and flippantly remarked that he'd heard a rumor we weren't happy - he seemed to think it was some kind of joke.