R+D Kitchen - Yountville
6795 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
R+D Kitchen - Yountville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hillstone.com/
- Phone: 7079450920x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Stefano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View
A word from R+D Kitchen - Yountville
R+D Kitchen offers crisp and flavorful cuisine in quintessential indoor-outdoor spaces. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Ding's Crispy Sandwich, the Thai Steak and Noodle Salad, or our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascarpone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
R+D Kitchen - Yountville - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
R+D Kitchen - Yountville reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (142)fit for foodies (110)great for outdoor dining (93)neighborhood gem (90)good for groups (66)hot spot (64)special occasion (62)vibrant bar scene (57)notable wine list (41)great for brunch (40)romantic (37)scenic view (33)kid-friendly (32)late-night find (25)Show More
- Great place for a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Great food and service....always consistent. Love the fact that they don't charge a corkage fee.Special Features:
- Unique sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We started with sushi. It was very interesting sushi but, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it again and againelwademdDined on 8/25/2014This was my third time in four days. The first time was for a group of 6, the second time was the day of the earthquake in Napa when nothing was open at night, and this third time was for the people that couldn't make it for the first dinner! Service was wonderful, the food well prepared as always, and the atmosphere continues to be a good one. I come to Napa frequently for business, and this is a restaurant that I frequent with some regularity. Can't wait to come again.Special Features:
- Special Occasion Made Memorable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We're locals and wished for a new and special place for a memorable location...R+D provided just the right locale offering great food, wonderful and welcoming service plus many special touches to make our birthday girl feel truly feted! Thank you! We enjoyed being outside, the dining space provided was part of the action but intimate for good conversation.Special Features:
- Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everyone was friendly and helpful a little slow getting some of the basic items we needed but was comp one drink to make up for it. I love the dimmed lights super romantic the food was Great I work at a nearby hotel and I recommend this restaurant ALL the time! Everyone so far loves it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- be careful of 'outdoor dining'darwin96VIPDined on 8/22/2014Their website misleadingly advertises indoor/outdoor dining so i noted in my reservation we'd like to be outdoors. when i got there the hostess pointed me to the outdoor bar where they serve the regular menu, but it is only if you are at the bar, not at any outdoor tables. we were fine with eating at the bar, we are casual, so we went for it. well, we got ridiculously slow and inattentive service at the bar. and it was not that busy. very disappointed in the experience of the evening. i adjust my expectations for bar food service, but even by lowered expectations, it was disappointing. food was solid. if i had a more accurate understanding of 'outdoor dining' we would have taken a table inside and had a better experience i hope.
- Overall impressedCassandraDined on 8/22/2014Food was great! My hubby got the chicken sandwich and I got the carnitas sandwich. Service was great, almost too attentive. Waitresses brought our check and cleared my plate before asking if were finished. I don't like to be rushed. Overall, enjoyed our visit and we will return. Similar to Rutherford grill. And no corkage fee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server CalebBiggerbetsDined on 8/20/2014Outstanding. Attentive. Knowledgable. Pleasant . We enjoyed the food and ambiance. We will definitely revisit. The server truly made our experience much better. Loved the martini service as well. Wine list could be more upscale for our tastes. Would like to try dining outside next time. The night we went it was a little too cool and breezy to try it.Special Features:
- Good food; poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014The menu at R & D is fairly limited. On our past two visits, that did not matter because the service was so outstanding. This time, the service fell flat. I ordered a beer and asked the waiter to not bring it until he brought my dinner. Dinner came - no beer. We had to remind him. No big deal. I was not done with my dinner and the waiter whisked away my plate without even asking. We ordered dessert, specifically asking for no nuts on the sundae (which is very good). The sundae came with nuts on it. Without asking if we wanted coffee or anything else, the bill was unceremoniously set on our table. They really seemed to be in a hurry to get us out of there. Okay - but we won't be coming back.
- allyfVIPDined on 8/18/2014I have been to a couple of these restaurants in various locations and the food is always good. The burgers are great. The menu is small. This particular R & D has a beautiful outdoor space and bar for large groups.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteNicolette216Dined on 8/17/2014We LOVE R+D for after work drinks, lunch, post wine tasting or a dinner out- you name it! Great cocktails, wine and beer list and always a great tentative server in or outside. Everything we have tried on the menu has been delicious. My only wish for change is the ability to have dinner outside at the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieAnnieDined on 8/17/2014Great place! Nice atmosphere, food was very good, although the super thin slice of fish on my sushi could have been a bit thicker. There were only 2 offerings for dessert, which I found strange. It seemed like our waitress forgot a lot, but perhaps she was new. Overall a place I would def. recommend!Special Features:
- Won't be BackvisitingfoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a reservation. We were 5 minutes early. Upon arrival, we were told there was a 20 minute wait.....however, the place was nearly empty. Once seated, we were ignored for another 15 minutes. Once the waitress came to our table, it was obvious she didn't want to be there. We were pretty-much ignored the entire time we were there. This was by far the worst service we have ever had at a Yountville restaurant....or any restaurant.
- Yummy hamburgerWininginNapaDined on 8/17/2014Great food, pleasant service, good recommendations, but lousey tea...Special Features:
- Good food and reasonable pricesBob1VIPDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed dour dining experience, nice outdoor beachy area for a drink then good dinner inside at a reasonable price for the Yountville area. Avoid wine tasting in the area though, tasting prices are out of control and ludicrous.Special Features:
- 23TaurusDined on 8/16/2014The food is great and service is excelllent. I would definitely recomment this place.Special Features:
- R & D KitchenphotovalDined on 8/16/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the selection of food items, the portions and the price at R & D Kitchen. The variety of items on the lunch menu from gorgeous sushi rolls to amazing sandwiches with pickled onions on house made rolls and breads,was great to have in one place. The prices were reasonable, and the portions were just right! We were looking for a nice place to have lunch, without going too casual or too formal, and close to home (Napa). It was like a mini vacation spending the afternoon in Yountville, enjoying a nice meal and very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hello HoustonsProsperFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014R&D is another in the Houston's concept restaurant portfolio. Food is great and portions are super sized. We split a salad and then the pork sandwich and even at that we struggled to waddle out of there. Food quality is fantastic and service is excellent just as it is at all the Houston's chain. They have transplanted the concept and even the look into Napa. Wine list is short which being IN Napa you would think they would have beefed it up. This is a reservation only situation in the evening. I highly recommend but you need to book it at least day in advance for the weekend.Special Features:
- Terrible R&D KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014One of the worst dining experiences ever!! Poor service - we specifically asked the waitress to not hurry the meal then when we were still eating the appetizer the main course arrived. The entrees were taken back to the kitchen but when the food came back to the table, the ribs were dry as if kept under heating lamps and my wife's steak was very rare after asking for medium. The steak was returned to the kitchen, five minutes later it was brought back to the table looking just the same and cold as if it had sat out and not been cooked further. The manager came to the table and flippantly remarked that he'd heard a rumor we weren't happy - he seemed to think it was some kind of joke.
- We had a terrific time!ChrissyDined on 8/13/2014We had a group of 11 work friends together to celebrate an upcoming wedding - we were a little loud :) and a little crazy... and Ashley and the R + D crew were beyond accommodating! Thank you for your perfect service and tasty lunch. We appreciate all that you did for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R + D Kitchens - Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Outstanding service, eclectic menu, nice wine country ambiance. As a local this will become a regular go to spot for me. Loved the sashimi appetizer and also had the tomato salad special (with jalepeno viniagrette adding just the right spice), the deviled eggs, and the Thai Steak and Noodle salad. The salad is a must try!. Liked the ambiance - sorta like the Oakville grill run by the same group - but hipper with a more diverse menu. Try it, you will like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanHamVIPDined on 8/12/2014I've eaten at R+D many times, unfortunately this experience was not so good. My chicken in the chicken sandwich was like rubber. The constant staff walking by staring at tables to pick up your dish and or rush you out of the restaurant is getting old.
- Monday Monday So Good to MeOutandabout71Dined on 8/11/2014Had a nice dinner Monday evening. Sat at the bar for a bit, enjoyed a great cocktail, then we were seated in a comfy spacious booth. The food was delish. My wife had the meatloaf and I enjoyed the ribs. My wife is trying to figure out how to duplicate the meatloaf. Carrot cake for dessert....nice beginning to the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MouthwateringWaytogoVIPDined on 8/11/2014All the portions were not only very large but the flavor and quality was fantatsticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014R&D is one of my favorite spots and the food is always very good. Underwhelmed by the fact that the short (but good) wine list could not be up to date by vintage year (2010 v 2011) - always give this restaurant top marks but an updated revised menu is in order!Special Features:
- PaulDined on 8/6/2014We have eaten at R&D Kitchen in Santa Monica and Newport Beach. The Yountville facility is the very best. The food is good and comparable at all of the locations we have visited.Special Features:
- Tasty, interesting foodMoNapaDined on 8/5/2014We enjoy every Hillstone property and this is true to form. The food at R&D is very tasty and definitely unique from it's relative up valley - The Rutherford Grill, but very much in the same style, i.e. very fresh, visually interesting and delicious. The atmosphere is much quieter though, perhaps due to the wood plank barrel ceilings, because it's always full of guests, but you can actually hear the conversation. They have a great cocktail list and of course excellent choices in wine. It's our new favorite in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Good food, good service, table ready for us with our reservations. Would have liked to have a basket of breads and butter on the table while waiting for out lunch.Special Features:
- Underwhelming experienceNapaeaterDined on 8/4/2014I certainly did not have a bad experience, but it was somewhat lackluster. The menu seems overly simplistic and blase although all the food was well prepared and well seasoned. I realize that the concept is unpretentious simplicity, however the menu lacked personality and the items could be found at almost any other restaurant in the same category. The service staff did all the right things and efficiently, but again without much personality or warmth. I would recommend going to R&D to sit outside and enjoy a cocktail and lunch on a beautiful Napa day.Special Features:
- erstwhileDined on 8/3/2014Terrific simple menu. good service. A little generic looking.Special Features:
- Grest ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Our group of six was treated to outstanding service. The food was equally great. The ambiance clearly mirrored other restaurants in their group like Rutherford Grill but the restaurant had its own character. All dishes were brought out timely and presentation was great.Special Features:
- Good food and service, but priceyJoeyDined on 7/31/2014The food was tasty and well presented; the service was efficient. The bill was a little high, so I won't be coming as often as I might otherwise.Special Features:
- Great place for Locals & Date NightRDKreviewDined on 7/30/2014We live in the Napa Valley and when we are looking for a place that has great service and great food, R & D Kitchen is at the top of our list. We manage to visit R & D at least two or three times a month for either lunch or dinner. R & D Kitchen is a great and safe place to send guest because you know they will be taken care of. We also love their no-corkage policy -- this policy should be standard throughout the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls night aka bday spotNVFoodieDined on 7/30/2014We love R&D. It is the place to go for locals and tourists alike. This visit was for our friends bday...just us ladies. Everything was amazing. We took forever to order bcuz we were chatting. Had the dip duo and pressed sushi ( both fabulous) then ordered meatloaf (5th time ordering-I cannot get enough of this) macho salad, and kale salad. We all raved about every item. Then had the incredible sundae for dessert. I have to say the menu doesn't read as wonderfully as everything tastes. It seems simple but is spectacular. To top it all off Matt J is an outstanding waiter who is incredibly attentive!!! We always ask for him and will wait to sit in his section. This place really is a place for making fond memories !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemBegsVIPDined on 7/30/2014We just spent a week in the Napa Valley. Obviously the town of Yountville is Foodie heaven with many great restaurants. We were fortunate enough to dine at them all. Simply put, I would go here again and again and again. The food might be the best in town!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencenodietshereDined on 7/30/2014Two of us were new to R & D, and one had been there before. From the moment we walked in we were impressed with the staff, ambience and the food. I can hardly wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good variety of comfort foodNapa2ParisVIPDined on 7/29/2014R&D Kitchen is a consistently satisfying restaurant with a staff that really wants you to be pleased with the experience. This is not haute cuisine but a well conceived California style of comfort food. There's a good variety of dishes so everyone is likely to find an appealing optionSpecial Features:
- GinaBDined on 7/27/2014We had lunch on sunday 7/27. We ordered drinks from the bar, super delicious. Our other guests arrived and were seated promptly which was great. Our server was attentive and friendly, took our oder for appetizers and drinks. The apps were served but no drinks. When she stopped by to check on us, we informed her that our two guests had not received their drinks. She got on it promptly. When drinks arrived separately, they were placed in front my husband and myself who already had drinks. I brought it to the servers attention and she apologized, but seemed to have an attitude. We love the atmosphere, and will return, I'm sure it was a one time dealSpecial Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We had the best lunch. Food was great, service was fantastic. Kudo's to Matthew, our server!Special Features:
- Simply delicious!MsSmithDined on 7/25/2014The food was very well prepared and the portions are generous. I started with a sushi roll appetizer and then had the short ribs for my entree. The meat was well seasoned and was so tender that it fell off the bone.Special Features: