R+D Kitchen - Yountville
6795 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
R+D Kitchen - Yountville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hillstone.com/
- Phone: 7079450920x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Stefano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View
A word from R+D Kitchen - Yountville
R+D Kitchen offers crisp and flavorful cuisine in quintessential indoor-outdoor spaces. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Ding's Crispy Sandwich, the Thai Steak and Noodle Salad, or our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascarpone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
R+D Kitchen - Yountville - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
R+D Kitchen - Yountville reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (115)fit for foodies (106)great for outdoor dining (86)neighborhood gem (86)hot spot (63)vibrant bar scene (59)good for groups (58)special occasion (50)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (28)romantic (27)kid-friendly (26)scenic view (24)late-night find (22)Show More
- Birthday LunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014We went for 2 Birthday lunches. We all enjoyed everything. The ice cream sundae was amazing. We will be back for a reunion lunch in the spring.Special Features:
- Limited menu and rushedVineanddineVIPDined on 10/19/2014The menu at R+D is very limited and you can't dine outdoors so big parties get separated. Ordered the chicken sandwich and wife the vegetable sandwich. The coleslaw on mine was very watery and the bread fell apart. My wife's sandwich would not stay together either. They were flavorful but a mess. The fries were good but not crisp. The restaurant was not busy for a Sunday lunch but we were rushed like the table needed to be turned. Items were removed before we were done eating. The servers seem to be robotic. This is a shame because the Houston chain is known for quality and great service. It was good but not great. Suffice it to say we were a bit disappointed. We will give them another try and hope for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative foodDickVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had the beef ribs which were excellent. The Caesar Salad was as good as any we've had. Same for the Tuna Tartar appetizer.
- Good Comfort FoodfoodkingDined on 10/16/2014From their sushi to the burgers R+D delivers something different for the burger starved foodie traveler. Their wine by the glass pour from a very good wine list is one of the best in the valley if not the best. Food is good with a not to be missed ice cream sundae. Service is very good other than someone passing by and picking up stuff off of your table with out asking first. Other than that a very nice spot for lunch or dinner or just drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceMissCakeDined on 10/15/2014Great place for lunch. Wonderful flavorful food. Food servers appearance - impeccable! Welcoming feeling.Special Features:
- Love this placeWineCountryGirlVIPDined on 10/13/2014We love the food here and have never been disappointed. No matter what we order, we always have to have the Pine Room Salad and the Carrot Cake!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014We had an early lunch so the restaurant was empty. Hard to judge the atmosphere. Service and food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crispy chicken sandwich awesomeCmoweDined on 10/11/2014Great atmosphere. We had a table for 6 reservation and was seated on time. The crispy chicken sandwich with cilantro slaw was so good! Also their trio dip plate was great. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulMartyVIPDined on 10/10/2014We brought friends to this place and had a great lunch. No corkage was great. We got several dishes and split them together. All delicious. Servers great. We will always come back here! Can't miss!Special Features:
- So nice we dined twice!BrookeMaraisDined on 10/8/2014Thank you, R & D, for making wonderful, classy but wholesome food in a casual but sophisticated atmosphere! My husband and I, both foodies and wine lovers, dined with you the the first time as a couple, and second as a group with our friends, professional golfers playing Silverado last week. Our first experience showed us a restaurant with friendly, accommodating staff who seem happy to work where they do, complemented by the great meals and wine list R & D hosts. We had a fantastic time in Napa, highlighted by the two times that we dined with you. (We also went to Rutherford Grill, and were not surprised it is a sister restaurant.) After dinner, we loved hanging out by the fire pits outside with glasses in hand. We'll definitely return!Special Features:
- LOVE R+D KitchenILoveLAVIPDined on 10/8/2014New General Manager, Kyle, is doing a great job. Service: Fast and friendly but still professional. Food: Wow-factor presentation combined with exceptional flavor and perfect seasoning made us want to come back daily. There is something for everyone. Don't be shy about trying the sushi, its just as good as everything else there. Definitely try: Whatever specials they recommend, dip duo (house made queso), tuna tartare, and the shrimp louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another Yountville gemhappyeaterVIPDined on 10/6/2014This is a really nice place and fits in with the other restaurants in Yountville. New, clean lines and fresh food. R&D has a great outdoor seating area and bar and the inside bar is very nice too. Now it might have been the night we went (Monday) but it was quiet which i like but for a big group i would have been uncomfortable that we were disturbing everyone. Small to the point menu, perfect for that meal at the end of a day if wine tasting. Going back again!Special Features:
- Lunch after wine tastingVelentineDined on 10/6/2014The food was great. The outside setting was perfect, even though it was unusually hot that day. Very nice experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedRayCVIPDined on 10/4/2014Went there with a group of 6 people mainly because it is probably the least expensive place to eat in Yountville. Thankfully that didn't mean compromise in quality of food. The service was fantastic as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Everything was outstanding - food, service, friendly wait staff, great ambience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner after day of wine tasting!woodyupjDined on 10/1/2014We visited restaurant understanding it is a new concept for the Hillstone group! Hillstone does a great job and being a fan of Rutherford Grill in Napa Valley, we had to give it a try. Great spot after a full day of wine tasting! Great service and though menu is a bit limited, it covered all the categories quite well. Need to try the 2 dip appetizer (forgot name) that helped set the stage for a great dinnerSpecial Features:
- great service and good foodBerkeleyfoodidVIPDined on 9/28/2014I have eaten here a number of times. The menu is diverse-- salads but also sandwiches, fried and interesting sushi. The service is excellent and overall it's a consistent and great dining experience. The management was even really helpful when I forgot my credit card.Special Features:
- We love R & DAltuesdayVIPDined on 9/27/2014Have to admit the first couple visits were so-so but I have now eaten 5-6 times at R and D and it is excellent. The atmosphere may be the very best of any restaurant I can think of. And the food is excellent. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Much better places nearbySFDougVIPDined on 9/26/2014Went for a weekday lunch and was disappointed from start to finish. Service was adequate but not polished. Food was good but unremarkable. We left wishing we had gone around the corner to any one of the other Yountville restaurants that are worth the drive. This was not.Special Features:
- Great Lunch with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Had a late lunch with friends on a Sunday. The food was fantastic and was made better because we had great company to enjoy it with. Drink service was a bit slow, but overall another great find in Yountville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014My 1st time at R & D, and they delivered. Good food, good service and a hopping ambiance. I'll be back.Special Features:
- it just feels goodabbCVIPDined on 9/20/2014i walked in and immediately liked it. staff was welcoming and smiling. the woods are warm and the booth was cozy. maybe i'm a sushi snob but the rolls were just ok. the rice wasn't quite right, but then again, my fault for ordering sushi at a non-japanese establishment. everything else was great. the cheeseburger, pulled pork sandwich, chicken sandwich were all very yum. i got the macho salad, and it should've been good with all the ingredients, but it didn't come together. i think it was because the pieces were all huge: tomato, avocado, chicken, cornbread crouton, goat cheese... and i'm just to lazy to cut everything down for a better mix. it ended up being a bite of this, a bite of that...all separated. oh well. but i'd still come back.
- JewelsDined on 9/19/2014Limited, eclectic menu....Probably better for lunch than dinner, Patio was great for wine and snacks. Nothing to write home about. Try the sister restaurant The Rutherford Grill for a better experience.Special Features:
- bthiebooDined on 9/19/2014Nothing bad to say....food was good, service was good, menu was very short, as was the wine list. However, nothing really special about the place.
- Awesome!fooodierobertDined on 9/16/2014Love,love,love this place!!! We have one of these in Newport Beach, so it was fun to see the same quality and consistency. Excellent dining experience!!Special Features:
- at the corner of 29 and Yountville:discernerVIPDined on 9/16/2014what a gem! a beacon for Yountville's already thriving food scene. the service was outstanding: Jessica is a star server, and was attentive to our every need. wide selection of comfort food on a stellar level. the ambiance is rich, relaxing, and stylish. We locals walked to R+D and celebrated a birthday that evening, and I will find every opportunity to return. fresh(est) sushi in the Valley.Special Features:
- Perfect menuPinotVista2Dined on 9/16/2014Love the menu short and interesting always fresh friendly serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lynnjeanDined on 9/14/2014Efficient service and some veggie options. the 3 choices from the menu were nicely done - one veggie sandwich, one sushi roll and one thai noodle dish. moderate pricing on wine list. nice spot for our lunch. will come back again to try outdoor or evening ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kulamelodyDined on 9/14/2014We had the Crispy chicken sandwich and the Carnitas sandwich for lunch. Both were unbelievably delicious. The fresh vegetables crisp, the protein cooked to perfection. Nothing greasy, nothing smushed together. Just a pleasure to eat. We can't wait to return to Napa so we can try everything else on their menu!Special Features:
- Pretty Damn GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/13/2014Look, this is the 4th time we've been here in the last 2 months. Each time we have ordered the Thai Steak and Noodle salad. I think it's the best dish I've had at a restaurant in the past several years. The ribs are another favorite, a can't miss choice. Tried the Arctic Char most recently - somewhat reluctantly, I must say, only because we didn't want to mess with the perfection of the salad and the ribs. It exceeded expectations. I don't usually write online reviews - had to for this place.Special Features:
- Friendly Placelocalnapan2Dined on 9/13/2014Our guests wanted to sit outside where only a very limited menu is served. With all of our beautiful outdoor weather in the Napa Valley they should serve the full menu on their very nice patio. My shredded pork sandwich was delicious, although very messy to eat as was filled with too much of everything. Price very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantRobinVIPDined on 9/9/2014The food is amazing here. Presented beautifully, creative, and delicious. The coconut shrimp sushi, kale and cashew salad, and thai noodles with beef are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!PoldoDined on 9/7/2014It is 48 hours later and we're still talking about how good the heirloom tomato salad was. The hanger steeak was tasty and cooked to perfection. Good selection of wines by the glass. Service was attentive and professional--if anything, too fast. Carrot cake was great. Don't miss this place. Also, it looks like a great place for drinks outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itnvlocalDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at R & D Kitchen several times. Being a local, this is one of our favorite places. As always, great food and great service. This place has one of the best outdoor bars in the Napa Valley, come early for a drink around one of the fire pits.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014I ordered a sushi roll without cucumbers. After 35 minutes, the server came to ask me if I had an allergy to cucumbers or did I just not want them in my rolls. We then waited an additional 10 minutes to being served dinner. We waited a total of 45 minutes from ordering our food to being served. Extremely disappointing....terrible service. No communication with the customers!!!!!
- great grazingMERCDined on 9/5/2014We wanted to sample the menu and really enjoyed everything-esp. the kale and cashew salad. Our waitperson was excellent and did nit try to rush us out. We had great food, wine and a good time.Special Features:
- R & D KITCHEN YOUNTVILLEwillreturnDined on 9/1/2014very attractive setting inside and out, beautiful design inside...sparkling impression...notable bar. small menu with good selections, fast, efficient, friendly service, professional. food equally attractive, delicious. huge improvement over previous restaurant on same siteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa FunMimiVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was a fabulous dinner! Food was outstanding and the service perfect. The restaurNt is noisy but manageable. Not good for that twosome out for a romantic evening but a fun and energetic place. No corkage on wine we brought which was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PlacejangleDined on 8/31/2014Not alot of menu options if you do not want sushi/sashimi, but very delightful, well presented plates. The space is BEAUTIFUL, the service FABULOUS, we have no regrets.Special Features:
- Great place for a good mealwinegirlDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service....always consistent. Love the fact that they don't charge a corkage fee.Special Features: