R+D Kitchen - Yountville
6795 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
R+D Kitchen - Yountville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hillstone.com/
- Phone: (707) 945-0920
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Stefano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View
A word from R+D Kitchen - Yountville
R+D Kitchen offers crisp and flavorful cuisine in quintessential indoor-outdoor spaces. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Ding's Crispy Sandwich, the Thai Steak and Noodle Salad, or our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascarpone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
R+D Kitchen - Yountville - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
R+D Kitchen - Yountville reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (113)fit for foodies (112)great for outdoor dining (95)neighborhood gem (81)hot spot (68)good for groups (60)vibrant bar scene (59)special occasion (50)notable wine list (45)romantic (32)great for brunch (27)scenic view (21)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (20)Show More
- AuntMeemVIPDined on 11/21/2014This is our go to place for their wonderful cheese burger although tonight it didn't have as much as that sauce that makes it really special or the other ingredients on the burger overpowered it. Maybe the pickles are a relatively new addition to the burger? I don't remember them last year. Two of our party had the hanger steak which was served just as requested. The green sauce on the steak was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!NewNapaFoodieDined on 11/17/2014This is the second time we've eaten here and I must say, the service is phenomenal. My water didn't even get more than half way empty before our server was pouring more. The dip duo was as delicious as last time. I recommend this place for lunch meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemRockManDined on 11/17/2014Visited for a lunch with wife on way to picking up a wine shipment. What a beautiful place with lots of natural wood finishes. The food was wonderful and the service was impeccable. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yountville gemvaluemindedDined on 11/12/2014Outstanding food, moderately priced, with great service. What more are you looking for, GO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience - Awesome Place!TanyaFDined on 11/12/2014From the relaxing ambiance and modern, rustic decor to the innovative dishes and delectable food - this establishment is well worth anyone's time! For the high quality of food, the dishes are very reasonable in price. Our server was very knowledgeable and pleasant, and the service overall was on point. I can't wait for our next visit to this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchBaileyCDined on 11/11/2014We went up to Napa for the day and had not made lunch plans so the fact that we could get in without a long wait was great. It was Veterans Day and it appeared that they were not prepared for the crowd. Food was fantastic, had the carnitas sandwich and Asian noodle salad, and a sushi roll. Sushi roll was served last, and we felt rushed but the food was worth it.Special Features:
- Decent, nothing specialSwitchbackDined on 11/9/2014i would say that if you want a sandwich for dinner then this place will suffice. We were a group of 7 and ordered some sushi/California rolls to start. The waitress brought them along with our dinners. I had the tuna tartare as my main, and there were no spices nor sauce to go with it. It was very bland. My martini was good and made like I ordered it. One thing that was annoying was the servers removing plates from the table before everyone was done dining. This is rude and intrusive in my opinion and there is no need to constantly be clearing plates away. Very ordinary place for Napa valley in Yountville where there are some great places to eat.Special Features:
- excellentwillbbackDined on 11/9/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant. Consider it a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST meals of our trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014We almost didn't eat here but so glad we did! Had a later reservation and decided to come earlier in the off chance that we might get in quicker. Brought our own bottle of wine and sat outside around the fire pit munching on the chips and dip duo ( fantastic) we lucked out a short time later and scored two seats at the bar where our bartender/server was as nice and helpful as can be! I had the pork carnitas sandwich with a homemade roll garnished with avocado, pickled onions and a few other goodies- absolutely delicious. I don't normally select a sandwich for dinner but WOW!) My husband had the meatloaf and potatoes and again YUM! Seemingly simple food that is just out of this world delicious! We will definitely be back to R & DKitchen!Special Features:
- servicesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Food was great service was okay. Felt very rushed food came out within 15 mins sitting down. Had maybe 2 sips of our drinks then our food was served. Just had the feeling they wanted us out of there fast. Sat down at 115 and was gone by 200.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around!napian09Dined on 11/7/2014Ordered three entrees (Carnitas Sandwich, BBQ Ribs, Flat Iron Steak) and each was amazing! Service was great. Wish we had extra time to sit outside and enjoy the fire pits.Special Features:
- Service issueDogwooddreamerDined on 10/31/2014we love this place. The food is always delicious but every time we go we feel rushed. We haven't finished our appetizers when the food is delivered. Our service person this time, unlike past visits, was not well educated about beverages and wine. Probably new but we felt that she needed to be better prepared. Awkward is a good description.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishdadfishOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2014Took my wife to R+D Kitchen for our 23rd anniversary trip to Napa, and was not disappointed. The ambiance, service, and food were all superior. We really enjoyed relaxing by the fire pit after our meal while sipping our wine and talking with other groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our cozy go-to spotThatGirlSaidDined on 10/31/2014Precise, warm service. Short menu with great selections. Dark and cozy and lots of wood, metal and leather. Fire pits outside. Just a great relaxing spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!newbiefoodie1Dined on 10/28/2014This restaurant is a must to try if you love food and wine! The highlight dish was the Duck breast and we are now spoiled so that no other duck will compare. The wait staff was superb and very knowledgeable about wine pairing to enhance our food. We also loved the cheese souffle as a first course. Great atmosphere, as well.Special Features:
- Awesome way to end the day.MarialisticVIPDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I had a couple of hours to ourselves, so we drove up to Napa for a couple of wine tastings. I happened to get the last table on Open Table that was available before the dinner rush (I booked it at 5:30 pm for a 5:45 pm reservation). The outdoor seating area is fabulous with a fire pit (although we went straight to our table inside). (Definitely making a note to come here with a large group to hang out again after a day of winetasting.) We ordered the deviled eggs. They were amazing. We split a burger and fries and had a couple of cocktails. The service was a bit slow, but it was a full house. Nice modern decor, but still laid back. A great spot to end a day in the wine country.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchesmuffyDined on 10/20/2014We went for 2 Birthday lunches. We all enjoyed everything. The ice cream sundae was amazing. We will be back for a reunion lunch in the spring.Special Features:
- Limited menu and rushedVineanddineVIPDined on 10/19/2014The menu at R+D is very limited and you can't dine outdoors so big parties get separated. Ordered the chicken sandwich and wife the vegetable sandwich. The coleslaw on mine was very watery and the bread fell apart. My wife's sandwich would not stay together either. They were flavorful but a mess. The fries were good but not crisp. The restaurant was not busy for a Sunday lunch but we were rushed like the table needed to be turned. Items were removed before we were done eating. The servers seem to be robotic. This is a shame because the Houston chain is known for quality and great service. It was good but not great. Suffice it to say we were a bit disappointed. We will give them another try and hope for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative foodDickVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had the beef ribs which were excellent. The Caesar Salad was as good as any we've had. Same for the Tuna Tartar appetizer.
- Good Comfort FoodfoodkingDined on 10/16/2014From their sushi to the burgers R+D delivers something different for the burger starved foodie traveler. Their wine by the glass pour from a very good wine list is one of the best in the valley if not the best. Food is good with a not to be missed ice cream sundae. Service is very good other than someone passing by and picking up stuff off of your table with out asking first. Other than that a very nice spot for lunch or dinner or just drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceMissCakeDined on 10/15/2014Great place for lunch. Wonderful flavorful food. Food servers appearance - impeccable! Welcoming feeling.Special Features:
- Love this placeWineCountryGirlVIPDined on 10/13/2014We love the food here and have never been disappointed. No matter what we order, we always have to have the Pine Room Salad and the Carrot Cake!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014We had an early lunch so the restaurant was empty. Hard to judge the atmosphere. Service and food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crispy chicken sandwich awesomeCmoweDined on 10/11/2014Great atmosphere. We had a table for 6 reservation and was seated on time. The crispy chicken sandwich with cilantro slaw was so good! Also their trio dip plate was great. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulMartyVIPDined on 10/10/2014We brought friends to this place and had a great lunch. No corkage was great. We got several dishes and split them together. All delicious. Servers great. We will always come back here! Can't miss!Special Features:
- So nice we dined twice!BrookeMaraisDined on 10/8/2014Thank you, R & D, for making wonderful, classy but wholesome food in a casual but sophisticated atmosphere! My husband and I, both foodies and wine lovers, dined with you the the first time as a couple, and second as a group with our friends, professional golfers playing Silverado last week. Our first experience showed us a restaurant with friendly, accommodating staff who seem happy to work where they do, complemented by the great meals and wine list R & D hosts. We had a fantastic time in Napa, highlighted by the two times that we dined with you. (We also went to Rutherford Grill, and were not surprised it is a sister restaurant.) After dinner, we loved hanging out by the fire pits outside with glasses in hand. We'll definitely return!Special Features:
- LOVE R+D KitchenILoveLAVIPDined on 10/8/2014New General Manager, Kyle, is doing a great job. Service: Fast and friendly but still professional. Food: Wow-factor presentation combined with exceptional flavor and perfect seasoning made us want to come back daily. There is something for everyone. Don't be shy about trying the sushi, its just as good as everything else there. Definitely try: Whatever specials they recommend, dip duo (house made queso), tuna tartare, and the shrimp louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another Yountville gemhappyeaterVIPDined on 10/6/2014This is a really nice place and fits in with the other restaurants in Yountville. New, clean lines and fresh food. R&D has a great outdoor seating area and bar and the inside bar is very nice too. Now it might have been the night we went (Monday) but it was quiet which i like but for a big group i would have been uncomfortable that we were disturbing everyone. Small to the point menu, perfect for that meal at the end of a day if wine tasting. Going back again!Special Features:
- Lunch after wine tastingVelentineDined on 10/6/2014The food was great. The outside setting was perfect, even though it was unusually hot that day. Very nice experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedRayCVIPDined on 10/4/2014Went there with a group of 6 people mainly because it is probably the least expensive place to eat in Yountville. Thankfully that didn't mean compromise in quality of food. The service was fantastic as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Everything was outstanding - food, service, friendly wait staff, great ambience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner after day of wine tasting!woodyupjDined on 10/1/2014We visited restaurant understanding it is a new concept for the Hillstone group! Hillstone does a great job and being a fan of Rutherford Grill in Napa Valley, we had to give it a try. Great spot after a full day of wine tasting! Great service and though menu is a bit limited, it covered all the categories quite well. Need to try the 2 dip appetizer (forgot name) that helped set the stage for a great dinnerSpecial Features:
- great service and good foodBerkeleyfoodidVIPDined on 9/28/2014I have eaten here a number of times. The menu is diverse-- salads but also sandwiches, fried and interesting sushi. The service is excellent and overall it's a consistent and great dining experience. The management was even really helpful when I forgot my credit card.Special Features:
- We love R & DAltuesdayVIPDined on 9/27/2014Have to admit the first couple visits were so-so but I have now eaten 5-6 times at R and D and it is excellent. The atmosphere may be the very best of any restaurant I can think of. And the food is excellent. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Much better places nearbySFDougVIPDined on 9/26/2014Went for a weekday lunch and was disappointed from start to finish. Service was adequate but not polished. Food was good but unremarkable. We left wishing we had gone around the corner to any one of the other Yountville restaurants that are worth the drive. This was not.Special Features:
- Great Lunch with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Had a late lunch with friends on a Sunday. The food was fantastic and was made better because we had great company to enjoy it with. Drink service was a bit slow, but overall another great find in Yountville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014My 1st time at R & D, and they delivered. Good food, good service and a hopping ambiance. I'll be back.Special Features:
- it just feels goodabbCVIPDined on 9/20/2014i walked in and immediately liked it. staff was welcoming and smiling. the woods are warm and the booth was cozy. maybe i'm a sushi snob but the rolls were just ok. the rice wasn't quite right, but then again, my fault for ordering sushi at a non-japanese establishment. everything else was great. the cheeseburger, pulled pork sandwich, chicken sandwich were all very yum. i got the macho salad, and it should've been good with all the ingredients, but it didn't come together. i think it was because the pieces were all huge: tomato, avocado, chicken, cornbread crouton, goat cheese... and i'm just to lazy to cut everything down for a better mix. it ended up being a bite of this, a bite of that...all separated. oh well. but i'd still come back.
- JewelsDined on 9/19/2014Limited, eclectic menu....Probably better for lunch than dinner, Patio was great for wine and snacks. Nothing to write home about. Try the sister restaurant The Rutherford Grill for a better experience.Special Features:
- bthiebooDined on 9/19/2014Nothing bad to say....food was good, service was good, menu was very short, as was the wine list. However, nothing really special about the place.