10 East Patrick Street
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quynnsattic.com/
- Phone: 3016959656
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm ~bar open later on weekends~
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael King
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Quynn’s Attic is the perfect setting for your Special Occasion. The price per person is $30 (an additional $5 for filet mignon orders). Bread and butter and all non-alcoholic beverages are included. Dessert is available for $5 per person. Tax and gratuity are not included. If you have any special menu requests please let us know and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
A word from Quynn's Attic
Welcome to Quynn's Attic, offering NY bistro style fare with stunning views of downtown Frederick. Sample our eclectic menu featuring fresh seafood, steaks and more, while relaxing in a cozy historic setting. Our restaurant offers stunning original hardwood floors from the 1700’s, a granite-top bar, main dining room offering a birds eye view over downtown and a private dining room, which can hold as many as thirty guests where you can create the perfect setting for any event. We look forward to seeing you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quynn's Attic reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food, cute place, nicePeteDined on 3/8/2014Good food, cute place, nice service. Drinks were lousy- cocktail wasn't good, and even the beer came out wrong. Otherwise, enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing special, but a nice timeLlllVIPDined on 2/22/2014Enjoyed the space and company more than the food -- which was fine. Drinks were good and server was pleasant. About as expected given other reviews.
- Great eatsShantanDined on 2/8/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants to done at. Food is consistent, service is great and the atmosphere is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perched atop of FrederickJohnnyOfFrederickDined on 2/1/2014Quynn's vegetarian French Onion Soup is the best in town. All duck dishes are fantastic. Bread pudding A+ with a Quynn's CoffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend ordered his steakJamesDined on 1/4/2014My friend ordered his steak medium rare but it came well done. I ordered the pork chop; it was dry and overcooked; also, it was not prepared as described on the menu. The wives ordered chicken dishes and they were satisfied.
- Good food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/27/2013Good food and atmosphere. Service became a problem when a 7 top entered. This is a small but good establishment. We advise an extra 15 minutes time allowance if going to the Weinberg Center or elsewhere. Frederick is a nice town for a walk if the extra time is not needed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewsJRBigMouthVIPDined on 12/2/2013Request a booth overlooking Patrick Street. This out of the way location serves up some serious food too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was enoughjmethechefVIPDined on 11/30/2013When this was a Thai restaurant, it was one of my favorite places. Overlooking downtown Frederick, enjoying great food, was wonderful. Same ambiance, but the chicken sandwich I got tasted like leftover chicken. Dry, no taste of marinade as described, and tasted very old. Accompanying salad was good. My companion got French fries with her sandwich. They were good but cold. I will never go back here.
- Service was slowgarc1773Dined on 11/16/2013It's sad the food was great but the service was so slow, the poor bartender was the only waiter on the floor making food and drinks. He was awesome and quick but there was only one guy! The food was great!! We had duck and steaks. Such a great meal, and a very sweet and charming location. If only I didn't eat my own arm off before the warm soft yummy rolls came out of the oven!!Special Features:
- The Saturday night we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013The Saturday night we went the service was very slow it took 20 minutes before I had my glass of wine. It seemed like they were short on help, the food was good but my husbands rice was cold. Asked for a window, but was not seated at one. Probably will not go back.Special Features:
- Cute but under staffedJudeauDined on 11/15/2013We arrived for our reservation 5 minutes early and were seated immediately. We waited 10 minutes to place a drink order and then another 15 for our drinks to arrive. While we waited we noticed that the small and intimate dining room seemed to be serviced by just 2 people and they did not seem up to the task. We placed our order and waited 10 minutes for bread. We basically had to wait for tables to clear out before things started to pick up. I enjoyed the food, but the wait, coupled with a lack of attention from the staff made it an experience I'd not recommend to others. Not the first time i've been here, but it will probably be the last one for quite a while.
- Reasonably priced and DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013We loved the menu here and could hardly choose what to order. Everything was delicious, no complaints at all! It's a little small, and almost too intimate in that the other diners can easily hear your conversation. The view of Downtown Frederick is only visible to those seated a few select booths, but if you're more interest in a good meal than people-watching, definitely worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The environment was very nice;QuynnReviewerDined on 11/9/2013The environment was very nice; we were looking for a quieter restaurant so it fit that bill. The chief complaint is that both entrees were dry: the Chicken Roulade & the Grilled Pork Chop. The variety of the menu was one of the reasons we selected the restaurant so the meal itself was a disappointment. Service was great.Special Features:
- What a Find!!FrederickMomDined on 11/9/2013I stumbled upon Quinn's through a google search and wow am so glad I did! The food was awesome, as were the prices and great portion sizes too! I will be back for sure!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One waiter/bartenderPapaRDined on 10/23/2013Service was pleasant and respectful. Food was decent, however had a nondescript appetizer that was too huge served in a martini glass. Great view of Patrick street at night. Only return as long as I reserved a booth along the street. Drinks were good.Special Features:
- Great food in a charming spottastebudDined on 10/19/2013We had dinner recently with my parents, who were visiting from out of town. We loved the rustic charm of the space, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not extremely impressedDuckyDined on 10/18/2013This is the 3rd time I have been to Quynn's Attic but the first time as a dinner for 2. When I had a dinner party of 15-25 the waitstaff was tentative. Having dinner with a friend I felt as if this one Friday night they reall could not be bothered with us. The food was good as I rembered, but I was just not impressed with the servers
- Birthday DinnerCASSVIPDined on 10/17/2013Had a great birthday dinner there. The filet was done to perfection, the shrimp appetizer was yummy and the wine chilled just right. The service as always was top notched. This is such a great hidden restaurant, overlooking Patrick St and they have wine and liquor dinners spaced throughout the year----always good food and a very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice 4 Anniversary DinnepandagoalDined on 9/30/2013My husband and I enjoyed our anniversarydinner. We were a little disappointed that they were out of cheesecake but we did enjoy the chocolate cake (a little bit on the frozen side)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not greatgailbyDined on 9/28/2013I read the reviews of Quynn's Attic and I was very curious. The food was good, but not outstanding or tremendously memorable. The ambiance is nice and if you have a party of 4 or fewer and can get a table overlooking the street, that's really nice. The our server was tremendously accommodating, friendly and professional!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent GemJRBigMouthVIPDined on 9/18/2013This gem of a restaurant seems to be largely undiscovered in Frederick. We were surprised to be the only diners on a Wednesday evening. They never missed a beat as usual; however. This is a great romantic little spot with craft cocktails, an interesting food menu and a short, but interesting, wine list. If you're looking for a fun new place to try with your significant other, you can't miss here. Ask for one of the elevated booths overlooking Patrick St.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay placegpimentDined on 8/23/2013My wife and I are trying to visit all Frederick's restaurants. The Quynn's Attic is just an okay place to eat. My wife sent back the bean soup to the kitchen due to the heavy vinegar flavor. The broccoli one was okay. She ate the chicken and it had good flavor; but, it was dry. I had the Crab Martini and it was pretty good! Overall, it is an okay place. Service was pretty good and on time. Most likely we will not return.
- Another "Great" Dining ExperienceCASSVIPDined on 7/27/2013Had a 'Great" dinner at Quynn's.. The food was very good ,as usual, and the service provided by Kelsey was super. This restaurant is a "gem" in downtown Frederick, even the speciality drinks add more to the total ambience of the restaurant. We will continue to enjoy dinner here.Special Features:
- End of eveningFoodieDined on 7/13/2013Our group of 6 were out on a Saturday evening and all was going well until the end. It was 9:30 and when we told our server we might linger and order another round of drinks she made quite the face and let us know they were closing. We felt it was still a little early for a Saturday night. We then left and took our last round of drinks to another establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2013Food was excellent. Service was friendly and polite. Went on Tuesday and it was quietSpecial Features:
- Must miss resaurant in FrederickHbeekeVIPDined on 5/3/2013We have eaten in a lot of outstanding restaurants in Frederick, but Quynn's Attic is not one of them. The building has a very nice history and is a nice setting- that is the best part. The food quality was very poor- we felt like they ran over to nearby Costco and put together some premade items to make up their dishes. Disappointing way to spend the evening/money.
- Disappointing....skip this one!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2013A bit disappointing - appetizers were excellent (I had mushroom bisque) and my date had scallops. The scallops could have been a smaller entree and were delicious. Dinner was a total let down. The food was poorly presented and not tasty. I'll go there for appetizers and drinks, but never again for dinner!Special Features:
- Had the Mushroom bisque whichRocketdougDined on 3/9/2013Had the Mushroom bisque which was very good and a steak sandwich which was done perfectly.Special Features:
- There were 4 of us duringCeadmanDined on 3/8/2013There were 4 of us during Restaurant week. The cocktails, wine and food were great. Woul definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- Best Shrimp and Grits in DMWQueenTeeVIPDined on 3/4/2013First time to Quynn's Attic and I enjoyed the appetizer, entree and dessert. This was the best Shrimp and Grits outside of Savannah that we have found. Excellent taste! Excellent presentation!Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2013Lovely meal and wonderful service with a great view of the city streets from the second floor. Will make our way back soon!Special Features:
- Met friends for early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013Met friends for early dinner first night of Frederick Restaurant week 2013. Had salmon...very nice and tasted my friend's shrimp and grits, excellent!Special Features:
- Food was great, but they wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013Food was great, but they were out of a number of dishes and we were having dinner at 6pm. Overall a good restaurant, maybe just went on a bad night.Special Features:
- Great Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013The food at Quynn's Attic was Amazing! Everything was wonderfully presented and delicious. The restaurant was crowded the night we were there, with several large groups, and the wait staff was overwhelmed because they were short staffed that night. The management was appropriately apologetic about any delays and gave us desserts to show their concern. I appreciated their efforts and would definitely visit the restaurant again!Special Features:
- Our first experience hereSeanVIPDined on 2/23/2013Our first experience here wasn't a great one. Very loud (could barely hear each other speak) and the service was terrible. They appeared incredibly understaffed. Just wanted our check by the end, and that even took forever.
- Disappointed pretty much sumsSteveDined on 2/15/2013Disappointed pretty much sums up our dining experience at Quynn's Attic. Overcooked and flavorless duck. Mealy rice. The service was adequate if quietly apologetic. Its a shame because the location and views are nice, but we won't be going back.Special Features:
- The menu is interesting yetLCPCDined on 2/9/2013The menu is interesting yet not too adventuresome. The mussels were phenomenal! Waitstaff so pleasant and efficient. The only disappointment was the coffee! So many restaurants don't seem to take an interest in serving a good cup of coffee.Special Features:
- First visit. It was MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/21/2013First visit. It was Monday night, and the place was empty. Several of the best Frederick restaurants close on Monday night, and perhaps Quynn's should consider the same. The decor is very nice, the staff friendly, and the food was great! Inteesting menu, great soups. We will definately return, but on a weekend.Special Features:
- European Style Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013We enjoy the view on the 2nd floor windows that over look upon a Christmas decorated Patrick street ! Our waitress displayed an extensive knowledge and answered all our questions about the specials, wine listings, and of course meal choices. Our evening was a casual dining experience that offered our group members time between appetizers, salads, soups, and entrees . . . that allowed us a easy-going pace to enjoy our time with dinner conversation among friends, that we see so infrequently. As we moved into the final stage of our evening, I thought of the times we enjoyed dining in London or Budapest . . . no rush, just a delightful evening with friends enjoying great food. As for desserts. . . my wife says more CHOCSpecial Features:
- Not accessible to people whoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2012Not accessible to people who can not climb stairs. Prices a bit high.