Quinn's Steaks-Seafood-Raw Bar
640 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Quinn's Steaks-Seafood-Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.quinnsmiami.com/
- Phone: 3056736400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gerry Quinn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music nightly
A word from Quinn's Steaks-Seafood-Raw Bar
From the man who brought Miami the celebrated cuisine at A Fish Called Avalon for nearly a decade comes Quinn’s, one of Miami's up and coming seafood favorites. Award-winning Chef/Proprietor Gerry Quinn is well known, well loved, and his culinary finesse has transformed a visit to the bustling Ocean Drive into an absolute treat. Quinn is dedicated to utilizing only the freshest available ingredients- from pristine seafood to just picked native farm produce. Cleverly redefining “local flavor”, the beloved chef fuses old-Florida style seafood concepts with progressive global trends. The result is a South Beach seafood institution in-the-making.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quinn's Steaks-Seafood-Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (3)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- ReviewPTM39Dined on 7/25/2014Women in charge (chef's wife) is TERRIFIC as was our waiter. Food is interesting and good but not great except for the Key Lime Pie It is South Beach and therefore you have to accept that noisy etc
- Ocean Drive - On the StripSuburbiansDined on 6/13/2014The place is established and offers a nice selection of seafood. The most memorable was the key lime pie for dessert, absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Great food! Great ServiceTonyaVIPDined on 6/6/2014The band, the service,and food are fabulous. Rubin, the waiter treated us to a birthday dessert and the band played a Happy Birthday song for us. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The following 71 reviews are from the Quinn's Steaks-Seafood-Raw Bar reviews archive.
- Atmosphere locationSmooth1960Dined on 6/1/2014Great location for ocean breeze and people watching. Food was excellent and service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beef/Chaotic MessRob22VIPDined on 5/12/2014Once the wonderful beef arrives almost all is forgiven. The dining room at 9pm was a mess. Tired and antsy children sprawled all over banquets, uncleared tables everywhere, and all the while music blaring through speakers. This is a steak house? Guessing weekdays the atmosphere improves. My medium rare steak was succulent and perfectly cooked. My wife's rare filet came out medium and had to be returned. The fries as a bread substitute is a nice touch. Lastly, the wine list is a joke. Hundreds of brilliant wines starting north of $100. I found a Qupe Syrah at $65, just one of four or five reds I counted under $100.Special Features:
- Ocean Drive Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Best dinner we had in South Beach. we'd been having seafood every night of our trip and changed to steaks for our last night. had the filet and the peppercorn strip and both were great. they always seem to have the best mojitos in south beach. make sure that you ask for Willie for your server. he made us feel like family and took great care of us. for those who aren't used to it, a lot of the south beach restaurants automatically put a gratuity on your check. Quinn's does too but Willie earned every dime of it.Special Features:
- good placeelenaDined on 5/6/2014We went there for dinner. Food was fine, better than at most restaurants of Ocean Drive, but not the best. Their special appetizer SHRIMP BAM BAM was good but nothing special. Lobster was ok. Meat OSCAR was unexpected gooood. Overall ordinary food. Service was very good. But at the end they brought u s our main entries snd forgot the utensils. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.diningdocVIPDined on 5/6/2014Way overpriced, even for a table on Ocean Drive. Our waiter was excellent but 3 out of 4 seafood dishes were overdone and the 4th (the lobster special!) was cold and had to be sent back. I expected the high prices but not the poor quality.
- Enjoyable2bytheseaDined on 5/2/2014We had a reservation which allowed us to sit immediately. The Bam Bam shrimp were delicious. Wedge salad was typical. The Seabass was cooked to perfection. Definitely would order the Seabass again! The Key lime pie was wonderful! Great evening out for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but overpricedFloridaed1VIPDined on 4/26/2014We were in 'sticker shock" when we saw the menu; particularly the meats. The seafood pastas we ordered were good, but the service was mediocre. Overall there are much better restaurants at this pricepoint.Special Features:
- Food Sooo DisappointingJWLCDined on 4/17/2014After reading great reviews, I brought int'l clients. Ambiance/service were great. Thought I found gem in S. Beach. Once the food arrived it went downhill. Seafood platter was awful & waste of money. Oysters, lobster, shrimp & crab all tasted the same - bland. Having bragged of great Stone Crab Claws, I added them to order at a significant addional cost - never in 40 yrs of living in s. FL have I had such dissappointing stone crab claws. Again, bland and virtually no taste - could have come out of the grocery store freezer. Our main (grouper, snapper, mahi) was all overcooked/dry. My Clients had great meal at "Catch" the night before so I was quite embarrassed that my int'l clients had found a better seafood restaurant on their own!
- Good...but not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2014The food was very good and the service was outstanding. However, when I drop this much money on a meal, I expect to be blown away. I was not. I would not go back.Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2014Say you are a chef who owns a restaurant, and if, on your web site, you take credit for the high quality of a restaurant you were chef at for 10 years and you are neighbors and half of the menus items are basically the same, you better knock it out of the park. Quinn's had a infield pop-out. Restaurant was nice enough, server was fine, did not know menu very well, felt like he was the head waiter at Friday's and made the jump to fine dining. Had the ceviche of the day, good. Wife had the crab crusted mahi-mahi, fine. Had the tuna, was suppose to be ginger wasabi encrusted, tuna had no seasoning and had the wasabi and ginger on the side, seaweed slaw was a dressed side salad, which was wilted, topped with seaweed. Also, was more expensive.
- Not your typical south beach spotBettyDined on 4/12/2014Was expecting to be brushing elbows with the other patrons, but surprised to find tables inside to be nicely spaced and remarkable service. Food was exceptional. The Bam Bam Shrimp was not such a huge hit with me, but the crab cake was phenomenal and so were the salads. The salmon was probably one of the best I've ever had as well as the Sea Bas with Thyme/lemon Risotto. They did a wine pairing for us that was on the money. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun place on ocean driveJq21Dined on 4/8/2014Great food, drinks and service here. Had a group of 8 sat outside on the sidewalk on Ocean Drive. Had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJennyDined on 4/6/2014Outstanding meal, outstanding service. The bam bam shrinp was exceptional.Special Features:
- One of the best in South BeachPatAVIPDined on 3/25/2014Yes, the bam-bam shrimp is special, the fish entrees were great, delicious watermelon mojitos and the best key lime pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014I had a party with my friends and we love the food. The seafood was fresh and we loved everything. BTW my name is Quinn so the owner send out desert. Would go back againSpecial Features:
- STILL GREAT AFTER ALL THIS TIMEKATEVIPDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I ate at Quinn's while visiting South Beach and had a wonderful experience. We first ate there nine years ago while we were dating and fell in love with the mojitos! They are still just as delicious and our meal was superb. It doesn't feel like you're in the middle of Ocean Drive; much more subdued and quiet. I'm so glad the restaurant has been able to keep its integrity as far as delivering a great product and nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDjbaanDined on 3/13/2014We ordered oysters on the half shell and they did not taste fresh and they were huge (which I don't like). We had a wedge salad that was okay and I ordered wasabi and ginger encrusted tuna which, again, was just okay. My husband order the steak au poivre which was tough and lacking in flavor. The highlights were the fresh baked popover in the bread basket and the delicious ley lime pie.Special Features:
- great restaurantyamimomiVIPDined on 3/9/2014the bam bam shrimps were delicious , crab cake amazing. the see- bass to die for ! service was great . they surprised my husband for his birthday with dessert (on the house) and the evening performer played happy birthday live with his trumpet!. that was the icing on the cake for this pleasant ,happy and delicious evening. we will be back next time in Miami beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasure in MiamiFoodloverDined on 2/18/2014Elegant restaurant nestled within the chaos of South Beach. Our hostess sat us beside a heater and it took the chill off the cooler seaside air and afforded a perfect view of the vibrant evening. The wait staff was excellent - prompt, polite, attentive. Our food was divine and perfectly prepared. I had the lobster bisque - the best I have ever eaten. My husband had their signature Bam Bam shrimp to start - what an incredible flavour choice! We taste shared - so glad we did as I would hate to have missed either experience! The glazed salmon had a cornucopia of flavour and was so very fresh and flaky! Next time we will want to try the inside dining room just to enjoy the marvellous ambiance of this Art Deco gem.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014We were very disappointed with Quinn's this year. We went there 2 years ago and the food was great, service was great, etc. but this year we were very disappointed. The service was extremely slow (took 45 minutes to get our first drink), the oysters we ordered were terrible and the service was awful. Very disappointed in our experience and we will not be going back!
- What Happened to This Restaurant?JPM923VIPDined on 2/15/2014We went on Saturday night with a reservation. It took 10 minutes for the maitre'd to get to us. It took 20 minutes to get menus, then they took one of our two menus before we had a chance to order. Salads, which were good, came 45 minutes later. Entrees were served 90 minutes after we were seated. My main course was supposed to be an entree size portion of the crab cake appetizer. Apparently, it was too much effort to place both crab cakes on a single platter. I got two appetizer dishes. The crab cakes were mostly filler. Our dismal dining experience seemed to be shared by those seated around us. In short, very disappointing service and meal despite the great outdoor location.
- Manic DepressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/15/2014Our waiter was in a rush when he was table side, then would disappear for very long stretches of a time. The restaurant was packed, but that's no excuse for inattention. To his credit, he pointed out that the gratuity was included in the total bill after I added an additional tip (not realizing it had already been included, obviously!). Good food and ambience, so I'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverblownEvilMitchDined on 2/13/2014Great Miami SoBe spot. Wonderful for people watching. Unfortunately the food is overpriced and overlooked. I was expecting more based on newspaper reviews and word of mouth. Ah well, what can you expect in South Beach?Special Features:
- South Beach GemOkieOnTourDined on 2/10/2014In the clutter of South Beach restaurants Quinn's distinguishes itself with fantastic food, great service, perfect location and an energetic ambiance. Everyone in our party was blown away by the Shellfish platter appetizer. The mahi mahi, grouper and ahi tuna main courses were superb. I would highly recommend Quinn's to anyone seeking a great dining experience in the south beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was very good. WeThomasDined on 2/7/2014The Food was very good. We sit outside at the terrace which was so noisy that you can t talk. The reason was that also the neighbor restaurant run music and also the Quinn's . Together to muchI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on Ocean Drive, SoBeEddieVIPDined on 2/6/2014Amidst the long line-up of places on Ocean, stands Quinn's between 6-7th. The food is well above the others. Service is always tops. Their Bam Bam shrimp is to die for. I eat my stone crabs here rather than the other place. Beautiful views. Yes, the other places may be cheaper, but you do want a great experience while on vacation right. We will continue to go back each year, and continue to recommend to others.Special Features:
- Nice eveningwalterDined on 2/6/2014There were three of us who went to Quinn's for a business dinner. Overall, we had an enjoyable evening. We sat outside and while there was live music playing, it was not too loud to interfere with our conversation. Wine selection was good, food was good and the service was good. I would both recommend Quinn's and eat there again.
- Finally food food in sobeBritsDined on 1/25/2014It's not that there aren't good restaurants in south beach, there truly are but there inconsistency and downright rude service makes them very difficult to recommend. Quinn's on the other hand have got it absolutely right. Beautiful ambience, tasteful music in the background, exceptional food and for once a waiter who didn't ruin the experience. Every part of this experience was exceptional from start to finish. We can't wait to go back. At last south BeachSpecial Features:
- Quinn's is a hidden gem. ITraveledeaterDined on 1/18/2014Quinn's is a hidden gem. I had never heard of it but it is a great restaurant. The service is impeccable and the location on Ocean Drive makes it quintessential Miami. The food is also high quality and great raw bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Went for my wife's birthday and had a great dinner. Ceviche of the day was great appetizer along with the bam bam shrimp. We had seared tuna and the lamp chops for entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were pleasantly surprised.ClayVIPDined on 1/13/2014We were pleasantly surprised. We have not had much luck at restaraunts on Ocean Dr but Quinn's was great. Great menu selections, great service and a clean tiday place inside and out. Will definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceKathrynDined on 1/1/2014My sister and I had an incredible dinner here! Our server Leo was so friendly and personable. He was very attentive and was so knowledgeable! He recommended the sea bass and the seafood pasta. While both are a little pricey, they were worth every penny. So delicious and such a nice atmosphere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovelyfp11Dined on 1/1/2014Great dining experience... Food and service outstanding. Perfect South Beach experienceSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent had theFantasticDined on 12/29/2013Food was excellent had the Stone Crabs. Server was a little non attentive but location was great. Ate outside enjoyed the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a local, and it is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013I am a local, and it is great to have Quinn's in our neighborhood. Quinn's is one of my favorites on South Beach. The food, service, and ambiance are consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Expensive but exceptional qualityLalalaDined on 12/24/2013We actually got exceptional food for higher prices(which is not so other places)-largest shrimp & lobster ever seen & cooked to perfection. Exceptional Ceasar & cheesecake. Really enjoyed musician playing old, old favorities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Touristic mediocrityTravelerVIPDined on 11/16/2013This restaurant was expensive and the food and service were very mediocre. It was twice what I spent the previous night for pretty much the same food. The fish was not prepared well. They dropped my appetizer on the way to the table so there was a long wait. My fish entree was not well prepared. The skin should have been crispy and it was sitting on a bed of what were supposed to be grilled vegetables but they tasted like they had been precooked and steamed .Special Features: