Quinn's Steakhouse & Irish Bar
96 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2A5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Quinn's Steakhouse & Irish Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quinnssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (416) 367-8466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Irish
- Executive Chef: Paul Pisa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have Private Dining Rooms that can accommodate 8-32 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Mike O'Connor 4163678466
- Cross Street: Bay Street
- Public Transit: We are located 1 block east of Osgoode Station or 1 block west of Queen Station in the Sheraton Centre/Hotel
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 1- There is City Hall Green "P" Underground Parking across the street off on Queen Street, and is $6 after 6pm and 6pm on weekends.
2- There is a Red "P" Parking Garage across the street off of Richmond, on Sheppard Street, and is $6 after 6pm and 6pm on weekends.
A word from Quinn's Steakhouse & Irish Bar
Quinn’s Steakhouse is celebrated throughout Toronto for its seamless fusion of unrivalled culinary expertise and outstanding service and ambience. Following in the footsteps of sister venues P.J. O’Brien and The Irish Embassy Pub, Quinn’s maintains the friendly hospitality, quality food and reasonable prices that have been trademarks of the Quinn family for years. At home in the Financial District’s Sheraton Centre, Quinn’s boasts both competitively priced traditional Irish dishes, such as slow-roasted prime rib, Irish stew and our signature menu of Premium AAA steaks – all aged in-house and prepared to perfection by Executive Chef Paul Pisa. These are complemented by a broad selection of the very best premium ales as well as an unequalled store of 330 brands of the world’s finest whiskeys. Quinn’s is the perfect choice for lunch, dinner, or for corporate or social events, and defines the very essence of Ireland’s centuries-old commitment to hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quinn's Steakhouse & Irish Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)special occasion (12)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014Service was very quick and friendly. The Scotch list has over 200 choices, so it was fun to go through and pick out a few different ones to try. My husband and I both had steaks, which were cooked perfectly. We both asked for salads to be substituted for the vegetables that automatically come with the dish, and that was accommodated without problem (or extra charge).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Steak DinnerborderlinefoodieDined on 11/14/2014Quinn's is tucked away in the shopping arcade inside the Sheraton Centre hotel. This is my go-to place for a first-rate steak dinner with the trimmings included. I love the dark-wood ambience, with good old-fashioned seating that is actually comfortable, unlike some of the more fashionably "modern" places. Very good wine list with a decent selection of wines by the glass. The only drawback is the noise level from the very popular bar out front. A separating door would be a good idea here! Service is reliably good. The Caesar salad is delicious, not over-dressed, with plenty of garlic, house-baked croutons and sharp, flavourful cheese. Steak dinners include a generous serving of garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed veggies. Other accompaniments can be ordered a la carte -- but in many other steak houses, even potatoes and veggies are a paid add-on. This is where Quinn's becomes a respectable value leader in the sector. The filet mignon is a generous size, melt-in-your-mouth tender, and cooked exactly to order. Various sauce preparations are available, but when the meat is this good I don't want to spoil it with any added flavours. I asked for a rare filet, that's exactly what I got, and every inch of it was delicious. For the non-steak eater, there is a small selection of other entrees, including ribs, chicken, fish, and pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnerNup21Dined on 11/9/2014The restaurant was not too busy which we loved.. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Food was good! It was a good pub/restaurant environment for us! Will definitely visit again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/2/2014Straightforward, old-school steakhouse from the decor to the service to the food. Service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Sunday night at Quinn'sprudentiorDined on 9/21/2014Went to celebrate a birthday and enjoyed a pleasant and satisfying meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expect gourmet qaulity at Quinn'sgourmetboyDined on 9/21/2014I had a wonderful dining experience at Quinn's Steakhouse and Irish Bar. The service was friendly and efficient. My dining partner an I shared the Roast Beef and the Cornish Hen special. The beef was tender and the portion size was generous. The Cornish Hen was crispy and tender. Looking forward to trying other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Steak lovers gemBankerTypeDined on 9/13/2014Dropped over after a TIFF event for a late evening meal. First time trying the Wagyu steak and wasn't disappointed. Was our 30th wedding anniversary and was scared that the wife would want me to take her to the more expensive place down the Street. Even though I have had a lot of business lunches here, it was her first visit and she was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the meal, service and the friendly atmosphere and wasn't disappointed with my choice for our first night out without the kids in a long time.Special Features:
- Good food & excellent service.rosie1023Dined on 8/1/2014Looked Quinn's up online and thought they had good reviews so my husband and I and our two young grandsons (9 and 14) decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. My prime rib and the boy's filet's were cooked just right and very tender, and my husband's lobster tail was very good. Our server, Christy was pleasant and very attentive to our requests. We'll definitely visit Quinn's Steakhouse again on our next visit to Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallopDined on 7/31/2014I went to Quinn's for lunch with a friend today. I had Baby Greens, and Prime Rib sandwich. My friend had Alberta Wagyu Bavette 8oz. The Baby Greens was very good. I asked for medium rare Prime Rib sandwich, but the prime rib was more like medium. My friend likes the Wagyu Bavette very much. It is the first time my friend dines at Quinn's and she's quite impressed with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 365 reviews are from the Quinn's Steakhouse & Irish Bar reviews archive.
- Summerlicious 2014TeenaPeaDined on 7/20/2014Got together with a group of friends to catch up and enjoyed the Summerlicious menu.Special Features:
- Delicious foodDeliciousDined on 7/19/2014The food was very delicious and the people who work ther were all so very nice. we really enjoyed the evening and will go again. I've already told other people how good the food and ambience was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potential!mercy123Dined on 7/18/2014Have been to Quinn's twice before. The first time my meal was outstanding. The second time my dessert and appetizer were outstanding and my main less than stellar. This time, I thought I'd give it another chance, maybe they'd pulled it together for summerlicious, maybe not. Service at the beginning of the meal was outstanding, my appetizer (corn chowder) was interesting, my steak was meh, my dessert (lemon pound cake) was literally one HALF of a skinny slice of pound cake with a oddly yummy blop of berries. No sign of the waiter between courses, my water glass sat empty from mid entree on, even though I had asked for a jug of water for the table. Took 30 minutes to get our check. To say I left a very sad panda, would be an understatement.Special Features:
- foodrieamDined on 7/14/2014Food was amazing but the portions were too big for me. I didn't have any space for dessert. But overall experience was great. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value and great servicefromtheburbsDined on 7/13/2014We visited Quinn's on a Sunday for dinner to take advantage of the Summerlicious menu. The restaurant wasn't busy. There was great choice for meat eaters and the quality of the food was excellent. Brianna, our server, was warm and welcoming and looked after all our needs. We'd all go back. Would be good for office lunch venue.Special Features:
- Bone marrow a nice first surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/10/2014I was surprised to see bone marrow as an optional side on the lunch menu. The mushroom salad starter and flat iron steak rounded out a really good meal. Don't be turned off because it is in the basement of a hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!steakluverDined on 7/10/2014One of the best steakhouses in downtown toronto. Love the wine selection. Nice place to bring a visiting friend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DarcygirlDined on 7/9/2014Our summerlicious lunch was delicious - very good - dessert bigger than last year which was a plus - watermelon/tomato soup fantastic...service very poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, terrible serviceEluviumDined on 7/8/2014Food was of a decent quality. Presentation lacked care and made the food experience less enhanced if anything. The server, Chris, was quite terrible with service. Never refilled our water glass once throughout the whole meal. Main course was brought out before I could finish my appetizer, and he seems careless and clumsy. Did not appreciate him reaching across the table above my dish while I was still eating. Upon making the transaction, he turned around and walked away without a word of thanks or goodbye. Not sure if I'll be returning againSpecial Features:
- Down Home Cooking in the Big CitypccmikeDined on 7/8/2014Quinn's had a varied menu that was filled with traditional fare. The Shoestring onion rings were very special along with the sauteed mushrooms. Their burgers were juicy and made perfectly to order. The Apple Crumble Pie and ice cream were very special. This was a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- spicerDined on 7/6/2014Attended for Summerlicious menu. The portions were just ok.Some restaurants have a different size of a meal for non-summerlicious food. Salmon could have come with a carb as well as the bok choy.The plate looked half empty. The steak was well plated with colourful veggies. Wine and bourbon were nice. Had to ask to fill up water a couple of times but the manager did come over to check up on us. That was nice!Special Features:
- STEAK!PhotoJill19Dined on 7/6/2014Went for Summerlicious and had a couple if amazing bacon wrapped tenderloin! Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast service - too fastMMEHDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed the Summerlicious menu. The service was very fast - too fast. While our server certainly gave us time to decide on cocktails (the bar menu is impressive) once we did we also ordered our meals. Apps arrived before the cocktails! (Really!?) The salad was underwhelming, but the Quebec Blue Cheese was a nice addition to it. My wife thought the corn & pepper chowder was excellent. Mains arrived JUST after finishing apps but before we where done our cocktails still. (REALLY!?) Tenderloins (two small ones per plate) where very nice but one plate ordered med-rare and the other med. Both plates essentially the same with inconsistent results between the two one each plate. Overall it felt like just moving things along to clear the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious Day 1row416Dined on 7/4/2014I chose Quinn's for a work group birthday lunch celebration because they were the only ones in the area of my office that offered a steak on their Summerlicious lunch menu. Nothing about the appetizer, entrée, or dessert was disappointing and our waiter was very accommodating since we were on a tight schedule to get back to work. I actually want to go have their steak lunch again before the end of Summerlicious!Special Features:
- Prime rib and ribeye were excellentcatekDined on 6/25/2014Have read some not so positive reviews. But our waitress was excellent. The prime rib was thick and tender. Ribeye prepared as ordered. Lots of vegetables. We had an excellent time. Very good value for mid-end steakhouse.Special Features:
- Poor Serviceaaford01Dined on 6/23/2014Made a reservation (hostess said mine was the only that evening) for dinner. Showed up 10 minutes early and had to wait 40 minutes for a table. Overall poor service and poor quality food.
- So wonderful.scotchblairDined on 6/21/2014A group of friends and myself ate at Quinn's for my 24th birthday dinner. We initially decided to go to Quinn's based on their Scotch/Whiskey selection, but were more than happy with the dinner menu and dessert. The food was amazing, our server was kind and very knowledgeable. I would recommend anyone dine here.Special Features:
- steakhouse dinnermunchiemanDined on 6/17/2014A tad bit pricey for the food served (2 ppl for $60+tax+tips), but the portions were filling to one's appetite, and delicious for a steakhouse restaurant. I had the lamb shank, and the meat was just soft and tender that melted in my mouth. The other Striploin dish ordered was a bit overcooked for a medium rare, but was satisfying. Could taste its spice which enhanced the steak flavour. The ambience was great for a typical steak house environment. Though it felt a bit cramped where we sat for two guests. Service was moderately attentive, and above standard. I would come back here for steaks on a special occasion, but not as often due to the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met our Needs superblyAMMSDined on 6/13/2014We had a timeline and a need to have a level of noise siutable to catch up. Both were accommodated to a tee. Food and service were supportive to make the evening a success.Special Features:
- Enjoyable MealStel724Dined on 6/10/2014The food here was good just not anything special. Our waiter was very nice and attentive. The steak was cooked perfect and seasoned just right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed the entire experience. The steaks and my prime rib were excellent and the Martinis and the Malbec were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceLoveSteakDined on 6/3/2014I'd been to Quinn's before and also when it was Le Biftheque. We shared a fried seafood platter which was excellent while I had the Ribeye Steak and my friend had the Salmon. Both entrees were terrific and so was the service. We went on a Tuesday evening and Quinn's had live music which was a bit loud for our liking but all in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things to add onOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Great place. I would have bigger lobster tails & better quality steaks. I have yet to find a steak as great as Omaha Steaks which I had Fedexed directly to my home in the Midwest. They arrived in dry ice vacuum packed. The atmosphere is effect for all occasions, which is unusual for a dining establishment. Most just have one or two atmospheric themes. Quinn's allows one to have that beer with you BFF, drink with your favorite lady, or that intimate business meeting. A favorite of mine. I would come back!Special Features:
- ExcellentAmbienceDined on 5/24/2014Service and food was awesome as usual and they were very good with getting us out on time for the walk back to Roy Thomson Hall for our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catered to our needsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014They service was good and recognizing we had a show to go to, they moved things along to make sure we weren't rushed to get to the show but never pushed us to feel hurried. Great experience with good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch AppropriateRedbeardandreDined on 5/20/2014Downtown Toronto restaurants are noisy and busy. You'll find Quinn's remarkably quite good for the mouse level and somewhat private. Tables are spaced apart. Ok service. Smallish menu but it's all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMrhankeyDined on 5/10/2014Must say, it was a quite the find. Due to the construction outside, my group was skeptical of the establish quality. However, I'm very glad that we did not judge a "book by its cover". The steak and lobster was absolutely fantastic. Great, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014Recently had occasion to meet for dinner with an out-of-town friend and a local co-worker. Recommended Quinn's based on previous occasions. Evening was an enormous success! Steak, lambchops, salmon all cooked exactly as requested, nicely sauced and presented. Cheesecake for dessert was an outstanding hit. Service was excellent. Ambience very pleasant. Washrooms clean, roomy, pleasant.Special Features:
- Staff makes the differenceBankerTypeDined on 5/5/2014Not sure if you will find as many staff that understand their clientele as Quinn's but had a business lunch recently and the server knew when and when not to come to the table...allowed a business conversation and lunch to happen without the annoyances...most downtown establishments are all about getting you out for the next reservation. Good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious prime rib sandwichscallopDined on 4/29/2014Quinn's is my first choice when I am craving for a prime rib sandwich. The sandwich is decent size and it is made exactly how I like it at medium rare. The ambience is nice and quietl, so it is perfect for any business meetings. The server is very polite.Special Features:
- Great for Pre-Symphony dinnerKianaDined on 4/22/2014Located close to the concert hall, we frequently go to Quinn's-- very good selection of wines and reliable tasty fare. Service is always excellent and the waiters always ensure that we are able to get to the concert on timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.