1625 Hinman Ave
Evanston, IL 60201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://quincerestaurant.net/
- Phone: 8475708400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andy Motto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Large room with seating for up to 56 people, garden room with seating for up to 30 people, and one additional room with unconvential seating up to 24 people. There is also a small private room for seating up to 17.
- Private Party Contact: Brenna C. Davis 8475708419
- Entertainment: Q2: Quince now has a cozy, cocktail lounge. Sit up at the bar for cocktails and casual yet elegant bar food or relax by the fire this winter in a leather club chair and enjoy the full Quince dinner experience. New Year's Eve: 5 courses and a glass of Gruet sparkling wine for $75/guest. Quince is the place to bring in the new year with food-lover's style! Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $50 and over
A word from Quince Restaurant
Quince at the Homestead serves contemporary American cuisine in a friendly, lively setting near downtown Evanston. Our wine list provides more than 100 unique, affordable options chosen carefully to enhance Chef Andy Motto's deliciously refined and globally-inspired cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Quince Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Evanston ›
Quince Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (47)special occasion (45)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (24)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Amazing waitstaff, beutiful presentation, fresh ingredients, price point is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome tasting menuGorgarVIPDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I dined at Quince last weekend, and were really delighted with our meal. We both had the 5-course tasting menu, and I had the accompanying wine tasting menu. Both were great. We love to take advantage of tasting menus, and this one did not disappoint. We have some special dietary needs, which they met without issue. All in all, a great meal. Wonderful service, great ambience, we would definitely return.Special Features:
- A great hotel restaurantJoeKenilworthVIPDined on 9/12/2014Set in a quiet boutique hotel, in a quiet Evanston neighborhood, Quince is a quiet masterpiece. The menu and wine list are not extensive, but the selections are outstanding. Our dishes were fit for foodies but approachable for our more mundane tastes. Service was impeccable. We decided to come more often.Special Features:
- You have to try itOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/10/2014One of the best meals we have ever had, the food was outstanding, the service was great, it was quiet and comfortable.Special Features:
- Unpretentious DelightpassingthruVIPDined on 9/10/2014Quince is in a building that houses what could be referred as a 50's boutique hotel. Elegance without stiffness and outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and quietdinnertonightDined on 9/9/2014The food was elegantly presented and flavorful. The service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant was blissfully quiet, allowing easy conversation. An absolutely top dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an exceptional mealpcfrDined on 9/7/2014Quince remains a consistently outstanding restaurant. Besides having a delicious meal, diners can actually converse and hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedBobbyCDined on 9/6/2014While we ate on the early side, there was some trepidation given the ease of getting the reservation. We couldn't have more pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceRaj325Dined on 8/31/2014I came here with my wife for a nice romantic dinner and we were not disappointed! The chef made an amazing vegetarian tasting menu and our paired wines were phenomenal. The staff did a great job of letting us dictate the speed of our meal. They were very friendly and made the night feel more personal than business like. At the end, the staff took the time to even provide us with the list of all 5 wines that were served. If you want a night out and can afford a little extra, this is a great restaurant and setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAnyaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything was delicious and i definitely want to come back to try duck breast and wild-caught salmon. If not mentioned, always ask for the soup of the day. Also, the vine list is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Lots of friendly servers made you feel like they were serving royalty. Food was the best. A great dinning experience, but a bit on the high side for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful dining-comfortable settingStevenDined on 8/24/2014Quince is like dining in someone's living room, relaxed and quiet. We began with a polenta appetizer that was a great way to begin. Our entrees were halibut and salmon, each not overly large portions, well-prepared and presented with side garnishes, sauces, vegetables and a starch. We began withpolenta appetizer that was tasty. The deserts were beautifully plated. The apricot and cheesecake was simple, with a wide variety of flavors; The chocolate stout cake - though it sounds rich - was not overly so, and sized to make it a great end to the fine meal. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- TranquilMarriedCoupleDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food. Very knowledgeable staff. Unhurried, but attentive service. Portions could be a bit larger, which it is why i only gave a 4Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014great food and terrific staff. Our favorite restaurant. We can actually carry on a conversation!Special Features:
- Out of the way gemCLIFFLMTDined on 8/16/2014Quince has turned out to be one of my favorite Evanston finds. The menu is diverse, and the food divinely prepared and presented. The wine list is varied if not extensive and has several good choices at differing price points. The waitstaff is exceptional, and Louis Brooker should be the poster boy that others emulate! I used to choose Stained Glass as my "A" choice in Evanston, but now choose Quince.Special Features:
- BethVIPDined on 8/15/2014really nice evening. Food delicious, meal well paced. Would come back when in town without any reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014Delicious food, wonderful service,lovely ambience.Special Features:
- Delightful eveningDiner2VIPDined on 8/9/2014All we enjoy in a dining experience; good food, good service, lovely ambience and we can hear each other without raising our voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is creative and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014Quince we do not know how it stays in business. The place is never busy, they do not use the bar at all. The menu is very creative and the food matches the tastes. The appetizers are small but tasty. Th halibut was delicious but slighly over cooked which is a shame the place was NOT busy and overcooked fish is a no no. However, my biggest issue with Quince has always been the service. I have been here over 4 times and probably not go back for along time, ..I say this everytime and once a year I try it again. Our waitress had the water filled then we didn't see her for some time to take a drink order, she was aloof, explained nothing of the food. the wine lead--KNEW nothing and admitted it. Our bread server knew more than all of them.Special Features:
- Refined dining with dogs.diningwithdogsDined on 8/2/2014It is rare to find a restaurant with the remarkable food, service and ambience offered by Quince. This is the second time I have enjoyed dinner with friends and our dogs at Quince, and it won't be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014We have been enjoying Quince since it opened, and always return for the great meal, fun wine list, and friendly staff. We continue to try the other new hot spots as they open I the neighborhood, but always return to Quince for a special evening. Perfect date night or outing with other couples!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in EvanstongreentailVIPDined on 7/31/2014The title says it all. It is very difficult to improve on perfection.Special Features:
- excellent food in a subdued settingmjweisDined on 7/10/2014Quince is a lovely place to go for a quiet, excellent meal served by an attentive, knowledgeable waiter. Expect excellent presentations of superb dishes. My only quibble with our last meal there was the soundtrack of jazz standards -- it was a little loud and intrusive. I would love to see them hire a live musician instead. But seriously, this is a neighborhood gem, but one that is worth visiting from anywhere in the city. It's only a block from Evanston's beautiful lakefront parks, so take a stroll before dining. Or stay overnight in the hotel and visit the Evanston farmers' market in the morning before driving home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roburtDined on 7/8/2014very slow night with only three tables. Menu very limited but food ok. Knowledgable helpful waiters but they did not have any other duties!Special Features:
- A great experience.SlimDined on 6/25/2014A woman at the table, a person with a very cultured and sophisticated background said," I have never been so excited about food. Just delicious." It was great.Special Features:
- Lovely and quietdinnertonightDined on 6/22/2014This restaurant is quiet and thus perfect for people who want to talk while enjoying superb food. It attracts diners of all ages.Special Features:
- Something lackingLasloeDined on 6/21/2014Went here for a birthday celebration. We were told the menu was limited due to graduation (huh?). There were about 8 choices of apps, including 1 salad, and about 6 entrees. Definitely limited. The food was quite good, but sometimes it seemed that the chef couldn't quite decide on the flavor palate: a few too many sauces with the boar, for example. Service was initially attentive, but we had to flag our waiter down first to get the check and then to pay it. There was no music playing in the background, and the room lacks warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh so fineSheilaDined on 6/13/2014The food and service are beyond. But the art of dining finely seems lost. This experience deserves better than a polo and khakis. Dress up and make it a full experience.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014So fancy. So good. I enjoyed my meal here so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to tryMikeCDined on 6/6/2014Has a limited menu but everything was executed well. I have a very plebeian palate so there was not a lot on the menu I would eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diningDiner2VIPDined on 5/31/2014Excellent food, wine and service. Here's a gem where you can actually hear the conversation at your table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Was TerribleYummyDined on 5/30/2014Food was great. Service was terrible. I'm assuming it was an off night. Everything was 5-10 minutes too slow: bread, utensils, wine, even the valet, who left early leaving us to wait outside for 10 minutes. Perhaps we were there too late (8:15pm reservation on a Friday night)? The staff at Quince know it was bad. When a waiter finally retrieved my keys, and I told him the service was disappointing, he acted like he knew. Shame on Quince, since we spent a lot of money for two people.Special Features:
- BeruchaDined on 5/24/2014I had the wild boar and my wife the lamb --- Everything was cooked to the perfection (read lamb not too cooked!). I thought the portions were enough given the type and caliber of this restaurant. But then I understand that many people in the US want huge oversized portions. Flavors were well mixed and the service was professional (I would say appropriate and discrete). My second time there with a no fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 538 reviews are from the Quince Restaurant reviews archive.
- A little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2014I chose Quince to celebrate my husband's birthday mainly because it was known to be quiet. Unfortunately, there was a table with a very loud-talking man whose every word we, and everyone else, could hear. I was somewhat disappointed in the appetizer of foie gras (too little foie gras--too many toast cubes), and the financier dessert was also disappointing. I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't close to memorable. The goat cheese entree was very nice.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Atmosphere was a little uncomfortable. Small dining room and we were seated directly in the middle of the room - it was not very intimate. The food though, was absolutely amazing. I had an asparagus appetizer which was delicious and the duck entree was one of the best dinners I've ever had. The plating was beautiful and perfect portions. Loved it. I do wish the atmosphere was a little cozier. My husband is less of a foodie but enjoys a nice dining experience - especially when he sees how much I enjoy the food. I don't think I will be able to convince my husband to return.Special Features:
- Holiday BrunchJackxy21Dined on 4/20/2014We recently visited Quince for the first time on Easter Sunday. The food and service were excellent! It would have been nice had they maybe had fresh florals or even some type of live music for the occasion being a holiday, like a string quartet or harpist. Overall all though it did ruin the experience, adding a few little extras would have only enhanced our dining. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food!SteevsfVIPDined on 4/15/2014The dinner here was nothing short of excellent! The plates of seared foie gras, barramundi, and duck were all perfectly cooked and succulent. Amazing flavor profiles in every component of each dish. Not sure who the chef is but he is a master of presentation and taste. This place should be packed every night. Remember going here when it was called Trio, years ago, but that paled in comparison to this meal. The service was great. One sever was a little surly, but one was very friendly.Special Features:
- comfortable an welcoming.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014comfortable an welcoming. good for special occassion diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, hidden gemTomeavVIPDined on 4/4/2014I must have driven past this place 100 times before someone recommended it, and let's just say it will now be a staple. The foie gras appetizer was outstanding, as was the duck entree (one of the best preparations I can recall).. My only minor criticism is that the fireplace in the main room must give off as much heat as the surface of the sun. My wife loved it, but I thought I was going to melt. Thankfully, the food quickly made me forget how hot I was! Next time, we'll simply asked to be seated away from the fireplace and problem solved! Big fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.