1625 Hinman Ave
Evanston, IL 60201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://quincerestaurant.net/
- Phone: (847) 570-8400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andy Motto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Large room with seating for up to 56 people, garden room with seating for up to 30 people, and one additional room with unconvential seating up to 24 people. There is also a small private room for seating up to 17.
- Private Party Contact: Brenna C. Davis 8475708419
- Entertainment: Q2: Quince now has a cozy, cocktail lounge. Sit up at the bar for cocktails and casual yet elegant bar food or relax by the fire this winter in a leather club chair and enjoy the full Quince dinner experience. New Year's Eve: 5 courses and a glass of Gruet sparkling wine for $75/guest. Quince is the place to bring in the new year with food-lover's style! Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip): $50 and over
A word from Quince Restaurant
Quince at the Homestead serves contemporary American cuisine in a friendly, lively setting near downtown Evanston. Our wine list provides more than 100 unique, affordable options chosen carefully to enhance Chef Andy Motto's deliciously refined and globally-inspired cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Quince Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Evanston ›
Quince Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (46)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (24)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nothing could have been better!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014This was our second experience at Quince and the excellence of our first visit last June was repeated. All aspects of our visit were excellent. We decided to order the Chef's tasting menu. The five course meal was filled with creativity and the presentations, tastes and textures were wonderful. Can't comment on the wine list as we bring our own wine but that flexibility is also a plus for this restaurant. Set in a nice quiet neighborhood in Evanston it is a pleasure driving up to the front door. Looking forward to our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Everything was fantastatic from food to service. It was my second time here. Love the desserts menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit too preciousMaryBruglieraDined on 11/16/2014overall, the food was wonderful: foie gras appetizer, halibut, parsnip soup, lamb, all excellent the combinations and contrast of textures and tastes were marvelous. service very informative and helpful. the whole experience was just a bit over the top. it always seems a bit pretentious when unknown ingredients and weird methods occur. you could have the same good cooking, and inventive combinations with a little less "look-a-me-ness". i'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- subtle and extremely well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Throughly enjoyable evening, food was excellent and served with the right balance of attentiveness without hovering - not always an easy balance in fine dining. The appetizers were wonderful, I throughly enjoyed the foie gras and the duck entree was great - course I'm a sucker for well prepared duck. Hadn't been there since it was cafe provencal, nice to see they haven't lost the original feel of graciousness, excellent food and well conceived service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EvanstonianDined on 11/14/2014Exquisite dining experience. The food presentation and creativity were 5 star. The service was genuine and responsive but not intrusive. The ambience was cozy, inviting understated elegance. This is a very special, unique place with a very special, unique menu. Highly recommend it and it was not outlandishly expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant food and settingCherieVIPDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed our experience at Quince, delighted with the presentation and taste of the food. The entire appetizer list itself was mouthwatering, which leads me to my over-arching (and possibly only) quibble with the dining experience: in the process of "deconstructing" the dishes, the chef has reduced the portions for the entire dish so that the plates instead became works of edible art. Perhaps great for a couple on a diet, but not so great when trying to feed two hungry college age students (who also appreciate the culinary arts but probably need more nourishment).Special Features:
- nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/7/2014Portions were small and the wait staff did not indicate so even though it was apparent dishes were being shared. Food is ok, nothing special
- CharlieVIPDined on 11/7/2014The duck was so-so. The Georgia Shrimp appetizer was excellent. The ambience seems like somewhere your parents would go.
- fine restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was beautifully prepared, the service if anything a bit overwhelming, it was very comfortable, and quite expensive. I have been to better (Le Bistro d'O in Vaison) and many worse.Special Features:
- Sophisticated & UpscaleFaith1106VIPDined on 11/1/2014Old-fashioned charm. Moderate to slow pace. Beautiful presentation and delicious food. Two friends celebrating birthdays. We shared the beet salad and the polenta appetizer. We both ordered the halibut on a bed of sticky rice. Side veggies cooked perfectly. Two desserts (each with a candle) and then a plate of house made mini-candy bites. Delicious wine by the glass. Prices in line with what you would expect. Overall 4-1/2 stars.Special Features:
- waybackwhenDined on 10/31/2014Excellent food--superb Australian rack of fresh lamb, duck juicy/crisp with confit, all vegetable with entrees very well-matched, Georgia shrimp appetizers beautiful blend of peanuts and sweetness and juicy shrimp, and original parsnip puree soup sweet/refreshing, fantastic key line dessert intricately assembled. all excellent but not preciously affected so that you couldn't taste the basic ingredients! All the waiters were so attentive, and helpful with personal suggestions of all food and wine, and efficient in pacing and bringing all courses in a perfect rhythm. Very engaging affable low-keyed warm waiters. Expensive but worth the quality and the whole experience. Setting very soothing and appealing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014Friday evening pre-show dinner. Pleasing if concise menu. Well trained and welcoming staff. Helpful and accurate with obscure wine list. Lamb and pasta entrees prepared as requested and properly presented. Valet parking in a parking-challenged city! When in Evanston please place this restaurant on your 'must' list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too-small portionslovemyfoodDined on 10/25/2014We've eaten at Quince in the past and have always enjoyed the ambience, service and food. A friend recently commented that Quince seems to have become a "small plate" restaurant. The food is delicious, the service is attentive without joining in with your meal. I found the portions much too small. Perhaps this is an aesthetic choice for most attractive plating but I don't want to go for a $100+ meal and want to eat again later that evening. We won't be going back until we hear through the underground that they've gotten their arms around this situation. Quince is not the only restaurant stricken from my "return to" list for this reason.Special Features:
- Sophisticated and Low KeyBocalalaDined on 10/24/2014Intimate setting. Delicious food. Attentive and knowledgable servers. Great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BankerPeteVIPDined on 10/22/2014Great food in a really interesting location. So close to downtown Evanston, yet away on a quiet street.Special Features:
- Enjoyable and accommodatingzamartinDined on 10/18/2014Had a great meal, they made substitutions without batting an eyelash. Very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious-A Gem in EvanstonNandSDined on 10/18/2014We've eaten here many times and the chef continues to surprise with food that is not too "out there" or unrecognizable, but is outstanding in its preparation, presentation & taste. Also the server took the time to give us a lesson in late season wine harvesting with a tasting to go with our appetizer. Thoughtful, pleasant, knowledgeable, and attentive. We've never been disappointed. Although we didn't mention it, we were celebrating a 65th birthday and it was the perfect place to celebrate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food presentationBabsVIPDined on 10/17/2014Equine has a limited menu,which may not suit everyone. Everything ordered was described in detail and presented nicely. It was a lengthy meal with too much time between courses. Overall the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingFuchsiaDined on 10/16/2014We ate in a lovely room with a beautiful, large fireplace. Unfortunately there was not a fire but in colder weather it would be an added treat. The portions are small (a good thing) and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LettyDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed twice the excellent food, service and atmosphere;Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service. Food was comparable to a 4star resaurant.Special Features:
- Overpriced and not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014We went for my wife's birthday. We thought the food would have been much better. The duck was really fatty and the duck foam missed the mark. The halibut was overdone and dry. The vegetables were too salty. Really disappointed with food overall. Service was subpar and our waiter seemed inexperienced.Special Features:
- For That Special PersonPattieDined on 9/28/2014This is a restaurant that continues on the tradition of Trio as being a wonder place to enjoy food and your companion. The ambiance is almost that of a private home's dining room, with bookcases and soft lighting. The wait staff is knowledgeable and attentive, but unobtrusive. They will go the extra mile (they nicely "served" the engagement ring for my, now, wife and our wedding cake on our first anniversary, and played on their music system "our wedding song" for us). The food changes all the time so the menu is always interesting and has something for everyone (duck, vegetarian, beef, lamb, fish....). The presentation is such that you'll want to take a picture of it and share it with others (e.g., via Popular Pays). A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The food was exceptional, and the service wonderful. It was a terrific experience that I'm looking forward to repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I and two friends dined at Quince on Saturday night. I was able to make a reservation that morning and the restaurant graciously accommodated my time. We all enjoyed our dinners which included appetizer and main course. The menu is limited and the portions are very small, but detail to presentation and flavors were present in both courses. There is nothing avaunt- guard about the food, but we were happy to find city-like dining in a suburban setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Amazing waitstaff, beutiful presentation, fresh ingredients, price point is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome tasting menuGorgarVIPDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I dined at Quince last weekend, and were really delighted with our meal. We both had the 5-course tasting menu, and I had the accompanying wine tasting menu. Both were great. We love to take advantage of tasting menus, and this one did not disappoint. We have some special dietary needs, which they met without issue. All in all, a great meal. Wonderful service, great ambience, we would definitely return.Special Features:
- A great hotel restaurantJoeKenilworthVIPDined on 9/12/2014Set in a quiet boutique hotel, in a quiet Evanston neighborhood, Quince is a quiet masterpiece. The menu and wine list are not extensive, but the selections are outstanding. Our dishes were fit for foodies but approachable for our more mundane tastes. Service was impeccable. We decided to come more often.Special Features:
- You have to try itOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/10/2014One of the best meals we have ever had, the food was outstanding, the service was great, it was quiet and comfortable.Special Features:
- Unpretentious DelightpassingthruVIPDined on 9/10/2014Quince is in a building that houses what could be referred as a 50's boutique hotel. Elegance without stiffness and outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and quietdinnertonightDined on 9/9/2014The food was elegantly presented and flavorful. The service was friendly and attentive. The restaurant was blissfully quiet, allowing easy conversation. An absolutely top dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an exceptional mealpcfrDined on 9/7/2014Quince remains a consistently outstanding restaurant. Besides having a delicious meal, diners can actually converse and hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedBobbyCDined on 9/6/2014While we ate on the early side, there was some trepidation given the ease of getting the reservation. We couldn't have more pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceRaj325Dined on 8/31/2014I came here with my wife for a nice romantic dinner and we were not disappointed! The chef made an amazing vegetarian tasting menu and our paired wines were phenomenal. The staff did a great job of letting us dictate the speed of our meal. They were very friendly and made the night feel more personal than business like. At the end, the staff took the time to even provide us with the list of all 5 wines that were served. If you want a night out and can afford a little extra, this is a great restaurant and setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAnyaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything was delicious and i definitely want to come back to try duck breast and wild-caught salmon. If not mentioned, always ask for the soup of the day. Also, the vine list is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Lots of friendly servers made you feel like they were serving royalty. Food was the best. A great dinning experience, but a bit on the high side for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful dining-comfortable settingStevenVIPDined on 8/24/2014Quince is like dining in someone's living room, relaxed and quiet. We began with a polenta appetizer that was a great way to begin. Our entrees were halibut and salmon, each not overly large portions, well-prepared and presented with side garnishes, sauces, vegetables and a starch. We began withpolenta appetizer that was tasty. The deserts were beautifully plated. The apricot and cheesecake was simple, with a wide variety of flavors; The chocolate stout cake - though it sounds rich - was not overly so, and sized to make it a great end to the fine meal. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- TranquilMarriedCoupleDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food. Very knowledgeable staff. Unhurried, but attentive service. Portions could be a bit larger, which it is why i only gave a 4Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014great food and terrific staff. Our favorite restaurant. We can actually carry on a conversation!Special Features:
- Out of the way gemCLIFFLMTDined on 8/16/2014Quince has turned out to be one of my favorite Evanston finds. The menu is diverse, and the food divinely prepared and presented. The wine list is varied if not extensive and has several good choices at differing price points. The waitstaff is exceptional, and Louis Brooker should be the poster boy that others emulate! I used to choose Stained Glass as my "A" choice in Evanston, but now choose Quince.Special Features: