470 Pacific Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.quincerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (415) 775-8500 ext. 5
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm and Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The bar and lounge are open Monday - Thursday at 5:30 pm and Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm
Reservations can be made in advance two months to the calendar date.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Tusk
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Quince Restaurant offers offsite catering for parties of 10-100! Please contact email@example.com to learn more.
A word from Quince Restaurant
Situated in San Francisco's historic Jackson Square, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk's celebrated Quince Restaurant features Italian and French inspired tasting menus that highlight the seasonal bounty of Northern California. Accompanying each menu is an innovative wine pairing program. A sophisticated cocktail program features innovative, seasonal ingredients and unique, table side preparations. Chef Michael Tusk was named “Best Chef: Pacific” by the James Beard Foundation in 2011. Quince was awarded its second Michelin star in 2013 and in April 2012, the San Francisco Chronicle bestowed a fourth star to Quince.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Quince Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Quince Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (62)romantic (55)notable wine list (52)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- it was unexpectatedly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2014We did not know the restaurant other than where it is. Everything turned out great. Services were outstanding. Everyone was very friendly.Special Features:
- Unbelievable dining experiencegreattogoodVIPDined on 11/22/2014This is the first time I have been back to Quince since the renovation. The new dining room is an oasis of calm in a city that is filled with restaurants where you need a loud speaker to talk to people across from you. We came for the white truffle dinner and each course was incredibly well thought through balanced preparation that showed off the incredible preparation, technique and top quality ingredients as well as the star of the show white truffles. There are a lot of great restaurants in San Francisco but Quince separates itself from the pack. Chef Turk came out to chat with us which was just a topper to a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!!!chaunceysfVIPDined on 11/20/2014We were at Quince for the annual White Truffle Dinner event. The food was, as always, absolutely perfect. The chef chose dishes that were imaginative, creatively presented (love the wooden box with one course inside!) and tied perfectly to the white truffle theme. I was amazed that the little "gifts from the chef" (amuse-bouche) even included one bite that had black truffle as an ingredient. We selected the nine-course menu, and two of us had the special wine pairing of the event. The wines selected were excellent. I am amazed that this restaurant has only two Michelin stars -- an oversight that the people at Michelin should quickly resolve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of SF's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014One of the best dinners I have ever had. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014The service here is light years ahead of many restaurants in San Francisco, the food is so tasteful, flavors on top of flavors. You can tell that chef tusk, sous chef black and the kitchen crew put their heart into the menu that was served. the desserts were amazing, The art in this restaurant is so beautiful. I will be returning to eat here one day, unfortunately I like in Orange county or I would be here every weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh boy oh boy!mccalmoVIPDined on 11/9/2014We had such a marvelous meal at Quince. It's really delightful. Expensive but worth it. Lovely wines, better food.Special Features:
- Excellent on all accountsLarkinCrothersDined on 11/8/2014Great food, wonderful service. Great wine list and a fantastic sommelier. This is a two star Michelin restaurant that is not resting on its laurels and is striving for three. Won't be a surprise when it gets it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive cuisine at QuinceTasterDined on 11/7/2014Delivers as promised. The flavors and creativity were great in the first several courses and started to be less impressive toward the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/7/2014Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the dining experience at Quince To start with we were sited in a very uncomfortable table, at the middle of the restaurant. I made the reservations two month in advance requesting a nice corner table for a celebratory dinner, that was not noted. Secondly the staffs that waited on us were so tense and formal, made us feel very uncomfortable. For a better dining experience and equally if not better food I will recommend Gary Danko , or Acquerello.
- Perfect, Especially the new renoPrincetonNJVIPDined on 11/6/2014I love Quince, and this visit was no exception. Perfect good, service, wine pairing. I also wanted to see how much the new renovation would complement the experience and improve upon the prior atmosphere. Much to my relief, the renovation has created an even better experience, with great colors, woods and fabrics. If you haven't been go, and if you have been go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fromthenorthDined on 11/6/2014Superb in every respect. The food was exquisitely presented, the pacing perfect and the staff engaged, warm and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Quince - its just ok.ML21Dined on 11/1/2014Was expecting to be blown away by the other reviews I read about Quince. But to be honest, it wasn't worth the price tag. Our service was just ok - a little slow, mistake on one of the courses, we had to ask about which wine we were being served b/c the server just poured and then started to walk away, etc. The food was pretty good, but we just didn't think it was worth what we paid. Lots of other nice restaurants in SF that serve great food for less $$$.Special Features:
- Overpriced for average foodFoodReviewerDined on 10/31/2014The ambiance is nice, and the presentation is aping a Michelin Starred restaurant, but half the dishes in the prix fixe were either overcooked, undercooked, or not using fresh ingredients. I could have had a far superior meal at the French Laundry for these prices.Special Features:
- ExcellentDozierDined on 10/31/2014We were excited to try Quince after receiving it's 2nd Michelin. Food was impeccable. Service very attentive and our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about both the courses and wine. We look forward to returningSpecial Features:
- Wonderful High-end RestaurantQuarterlyHighEndFoodieDined on 10/30/2014Quince has a wonderful ambiance, quiet elegant dining areas. I liked that fact that they created alcoves where with curtains framing the areas. This makes for a quiet elegant dining experience. The food was excellent, although there was some confusion due to the fact that there was only a tasting menu and no a la carte options. Our gluten free guest did not feel at all left out (which can be a hurdle sometimes). Overall, excellent experience.Special Features:
- Awesome diningHanapepeDined on 10/30/2014My first experience dining at a fine dining restaurant and I was totally blown away. Food was very special and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULAR!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/30/2014Everything about this dinner was spectacular from the dramatic dining room entrance to the service to the food to the wine...simply spectacular! Unparalleled in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCgcmd0408Dined on 10/27/2014Ingenious By far the best fine dining in town Pricy but Worth every penySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantasy as is in JapanYachanDined on 10/27/2014Cuisine is fantastic. Every dish is so sophisticated, its decoration is beautiful, and taste is incomparable. I have visited several restaurans in United States which get Michelin star(s), but every-time I feel that Japanese chefs are superb. However, I realize that it was entirely different world comparing to Italian or French cuisine of Japanese chefs. Also, I fully enjoyed the quality and passion of Chef Michael Tusk and his team.Special Features:
- PJahanbakhshDined on 10/25/2014We went to Quince to celebrate my boyfriend’s birthday. I have heard great reviews about it. I also knew it was very expensive but was ready to pay for a great food experience. The ambiance and service was great. But the food was terrible. I didn't like anything that brought us except for the desert part. Presentation was great but the taste was not. Yes I may not have the most sophisticated taste but can definitely tell when it just doesn't taste good. The price of $190 per person was Absolutely not worth the food that I was served. I enjoyed the wine but again too expensive. I paid $210 for a half a bottle of wine. I walked out of there after paying $800 feeling real unsatisfied and hungry. I will never recommend it or go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/24/2014Really good food and wine at this restaurant, but it might feel a bit stuck up for some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food&wine. A tad noisyAmalZDined on 10/24/2014The food was to die for! Every single dish from the Quince menu was amazing (taste, presentation, size). The wine paring complemented the food superbly! The flow however was off for a 2 star rated Michelin restaurant. We waited 10mn for a table. Then, the menus, with 3 servers offering to have a drink (to keep us busy?). Overall, the pace of dishes felt a bit slow particularly with the pasta dish. It improved as tables emptied. Modern touches throughout the room. Tables are far enough from each other for privacy. The noise level however was a bit high at 8:30pm. It got better as people left. The menu had a special note for my husband Bday! Very nice attention. Very friendly personnel eager to help. Quince was a memorable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014Great combination of flavors. Beyond extraordinary. Highly recommended for special occasions.Special Features:
- Best dining experience ever!ToughCriticVIPDined on 10/18/2014From the beautifully presented, mouth watering food, to the som's perfectly paired wines, and the elegant dance of servers, Quince is the best restaurant I've ever dined at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experiencerockplazaDined on 10/17/2014only a selection between 2 degustation menu', but outstanding quality and general service.Special Features:
- Just Wonderful!Kin81Dined on 10/17/2014Truly amazing dinner! I had the Garden menu and my husband had the Quince menu. Both were incredible, but the Garden menu definitely had more robust and interesting flavors. The wine options were excellent, and sure to please any palate. Service was top notch. We also added the caviar supplement, which I highly recommend, and the white truffles are a nice addition as well. Definitely pricy (at $800 for two with wine and supplements) but it was a great experience from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Exceeded expectations in every way. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This is a fine dining French cuisine restaurant, great food and great service as well as a great wine list. Perfect to go to once in awhile and I say that because of the price. Be ready to spend around 500$ for two. This restaurant does have a rich and cheerful atmosphere. The chef is kind enough to come out and greet each guest as he serves one of the last dishes to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost the magicDcdinerDined on 10/11/2014Sad to say the magic from the old location has yet to be matched. The effort is there but they miss the mark. Taking things wAy too serious in my opinion. Where's the delicious pastas?? I would rather have three courses two always being a bowl of the best pastas over little precious treasures of silliness. Great for pretense bankers lunches and expense accounts I guess.. So over it. That environment and style is no fun.. The food was not memorable. Nothing like The magic at the original location years ago with the room and the food.. Sorry if you missed that experience, if you were around then you know what I am saying.Special Features:
- Better than The French Laundry!GailyDined on 10/8/2014We have dined here twice on special occasions and cannot recommend it any higher. It is top-notch and elegant with incredible food and service. While expensive for most (be careful if you order the delicious white truffle risotto without asking the price first:$100 per serving), IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 3 All-Time Listchuckmac07VIPDined on 10/6/2014our 2nd visit & just as good as the 1st time. truly exceptional all around. as good a dining experience as exists on Planet Earth. we wish we lived in San Fran just so we could eat here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly deserving two Michelin starsHKKPDined on 9/30/2014Culinary heaven!! The service was impeccable as was the food! The attention to detail and knowledge from our server regarding the food and wine pairings was an added bonus and made the experience that much more memorable. Also we absolutely adored the stemware and dishes. Thank you for such a pleasurable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quince is our special placeMattVVIPDined on 9/29/2014We went to Quince for our anniversary and had an amazing time there. In the dining room and chose the Quince menu (personalized with our names and congratulations) with wine pairings and Ostera Caviar. Before any of the menu items came out, we received little tastings from the Chef which were so outstanding and left us wanting more. Then as each course came out, the wine preceded it with an explanation of the pairing choice. Each plate perfectly paired with the next with little chef surprises along the way. Quince will cost you but it is an amazing place for a special occasion!Special Features:
- 6*ppelousDined on 9/26/2014I can't believe these guys don't get a solid five stars. I would give them six if I could. We came here for my birthday and they prepared a special gluten free tasting menu for us, which was exquisite. The service was impeccable too. The tables are well spaced so you have plenty of privacy and the sound level is very low. Perfect for a romantic evening out.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The best food in my life with impeccable service. Quince is as good as it gets.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014Quince has moved more and more to the tasting menu approach to dining. This is their third iteration going back to Q1.0 at Octavia and Pine streets in SF where it was a more traditional order off the menu approach. Q3.0 strives to compete with The French Laundry et al. They had a choice of two menus, one vegetarian (or close to it) and one much broader. We chose the broader menu and were not disappointed. Each course had a preview then the course itself. All were executed and presented flawlessly. One minor question was that many of the tastes were to subtle. I prefer more intense flavors.Special Features:
- The following 1435 reviews are from the Quince Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good and expensiveJeanVIPDined on 7/24/2014Excellent food here, but several things I don't like such as tables to close one to each other (not everywhere), a fast, little bit non personal service… The view toward the brick wall with cellar inside is very nice, the opposite view is poor… All in all excellent experience and fabulous food I admit.Special Features:
- Pricey but Great Food!foodie2junkieDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I love to try new place to eat and since we are one a budget, we try to spoil ourselves once every month with places like these. Great food and great service!! House cocktails are good to have if not a wine drinker. But if you love to drink wine, I suggest to bring your own nice bottle or wine, since the good wines are really over priced!Special Features:
- Fantastic Time!SFlovefoodMIDined on 7/23/2014I will go back again! Superb! Great hospitality and fantastic food! I had 5 course with wine paring. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- A night to rememberSpecialKVIPDined on 7/23/2014Our evening at Quince was - hands sown - one of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had. The food was exceptional - bold re-makes of classics mixed with with more traditional preparations - but the food was just a part of the reason it was so good. It was the people and ambiance that sealed the deal. Our server, Alexandra, was extremely professional and personal too, remembering me from a prior visit. The Asst Wine Director (Sian) was also awesome, knowledgeable and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.