Quince, A Southern Bistro
2801-3D Ward Blvd
Wilson, NC 27893Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Quince, A Southern Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quincenc.com/
- Phone: 2522376463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter B Edgar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available for parties from 2 to 2000. We would love to talk and help you host your next party.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room available for 30 people. We love to customize menues for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Stanford 2522376463
- Entertainment: There is live entertainment on Friday nights and a DJ playing most Saturday nights.
A word from Quince, A Southern Bistro
Quince A Southern Bistro is a contemporary restaurant and bar featuring down home flavors with an upscale presentation. Owner Peter Edgar describes the menu as local, fresh, and seasonal with bit of southern charm. Our bar is warm and cozy, the dining room casual yet elegant, and the outdoor patio is perfect with a roaring fire. Our patio is located in the rear of the restaurant with a full bar and covered dining. Open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Friday, and dinner on Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quince, A Southern Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good FoodSusieFoodieDined on 3/21/2014Good food with modern flair on upscale southern. Nice and quiet for the most part. I would say it is family/kid-friendly because the restaurant welcomes children and my children are not picky eaters. For those who kids do no eat as adventurously, you may want to call and she what they can do to accommodate kids.Special Features:
- foodchuckDined on 2/15/2014Service and food very good1 I would recommend that on their small bites menu--shrimp balls and grits ues less tomato sauce as it overwhelms the grits. At least for my taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2014Had a group celebrating a birthday and could not have asked for better!!Special Features:
- Not what it used to beDiannaDined on 1/23/2014They changed the menu....Did not have much that was on the menu. Pork not cooked fully. Embarrassing as I was entertaining special visitors from out of town. Grilled pimento cheese sandwich that was not grilled or at least it was hot but the bread color was still white. Crab cakes and oysters were the only thing that passed. This is very unusual. Have eaten there many times and it was the best. Not to sure what happened. Service was excellent as always. Felt bad for them. I will not recommend until I feel improvements have been made.Special Features:
- Great Find!NiniDined on 12/28/2013A great find for chain restaurant-weary travelers over the holiday. Wonderful food and a personable, professional waiter who provided excellent service. Really nice, calm atmosphere. We can recommend the creamed onion soup, fried oysters, salad Nicoise, and duck dish. House Chardonnay and Cabernet were quite good, too. And the pricing is very reasonable. Thanks for an enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden SecretMissstallingsDined on 12/26/2013If those diners within an hour of Wilson knew of this place...it would be booked solid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, quiet place in WilsonPatLBDined on 11/9/2013Nice, quiet place in Wilson for a dinner out. Good food. We have a very enjoyable dinner. Wilson is about 1/2 way between Cary and Greenville and a great place to meet family living in both location.Special Features:
- Repeat customerbizzylizzyDined on 10/26/2013Our server was wonderful. Knew the menu well and recommended items. House wine was great. Food was overall wonderful but a bit pricey. My friend loved the specialty drink. Both of us will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wongerful meal. Look forwardAndyVIPDined on 10/10/2013Wongerful meal. Look forward to another trip here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop off of 95BGaleDined on 10/4/2013We ALWAYS make a point of staying in Wilson, NC so we can dine at Quince. The food is excellent and the Staff and the owner, Peter, are so friendly and accomodating. It is my favorite restaurant. The appetizer of "Spooned Oysters" is exceptional. We just dined there and I cannot wait to return! The bar noise is louder than The dining room and terrace...we ate in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the area.tigerfanDined on 10/3/2013the service was the best in the area. fThe food was fresh and expertly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmospherePotluckstewDined on 8/31/2013Food was delicious and the service was great. Menu changes each month. I'll be going back again just to try the new menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningMarshaDined on 7/25/2013The five of us ordered five different entrees and all of them were excellent. The service was very good, the decor is pleasant, and the fried pecan pie is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, atmosphere a little offAndyLisaVIPDined on 7/19/2013quality of food was great, good presentation. restaurant tucked away in a strip mall, decor and background music didnt seem to be a good match to the menu/theme. paper menus were wrinkled and stained- but it was a one page menu, which is all you need. if this restaurant spent a little time polishing the edges ( more upscale decor, consistent server attire, clean bright menus, etc) it would be really top notch. The food was great and the desserts wonderful. we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food choices and drinks!6friendsDined on 6/21/2013Unique food choices and drinks! Fried pecan pie - to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!lucasd06Dined on 6/18/2013My wife and I ate here for our 2nd wedding anniversary. Yelp had great reviews from other diners so I decided to give it a go. I'm not a food connoisseur by any means, but I love great food. I know that sometimes when restaurants price their entrees at over $20 per plate, they create a dish that is sometimes inaccessible to the ordinary consumer. We say the food is great because it BETTER have been great at the price we paid. I can honestly say that Quince's food was just as much delicious as it was sophisticated. VERY pleased with the atmosphere (even on a Tuesday evening). The cornbread is absolutely delicious with embedded apple pieces in it and pepper to add a kick. I want to know if they sell cornbread in a to-go box!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a Relaxed AtmospheretravlindinersDined on 6/6/2013A great local bistro. We ate in the bar which was quiet & comfotable. The bartender acted as waiter and couldn't have been more helpful. The burger was one of the best I've ever had, and the crab cakes and veggies were terrrific as well. Try the sweet potato fries! Nice perople, nice atmosphere, and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!mrswonderfulDined on 6/1/2013My husband and I love good food. We went to Quince for a date night. The food was absolutely incredible. The pimento cheese biscuits were unique and delicious. I was impressed that all salad dressings are made in house. My husband hand the lamb with the drunken cherries. It was mouth watering. The Kahlua brownie was good, but the mango-peach cobbler was phenomenal. Great place overall - especially for date nights. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened???OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013one of my favorite places having a bad night, I hope. We were crowded into the bar with bartenders overextended waiting all the tables when the dining room was 2/3 empty. The salads were served and almost finished before the appetizer came out. My companions' meals were ok, but when I was presented with my side dishes, the formerly delicious macaroni and cheese was now a glob of box product on the plate. The formerly delicious tomato gratin, was two raw, slices of a not yet ripe tomato with cold cheese shredded on top. Again, recently took 8 business associates there and it was good, so I hope it was just an issue of the boss's night off. Such a disappointment.
- Noise level was low at first,coocoocajooDined on 4/27/2013Noise level was low at first, but increased to moderate-to-high level. Service was prompt and mostly good, with only one minor issue. My meal (flounder) was excellent; wife's food (chicken) was merely good. Veggies were very fresh and well prepared - recommend fried green beans. Fruit crisp dessert was excellent. If you are in Wilson, worth stopping by for a meal.
- Food and atmosphere are greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2013Food and atmosphere are great at Quince, but the facilities are a little dated. A fresh coat of paint would help a lot.
- We were there for a Mommy-DaughterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We were there for a Mommy-Daughter date night before the girl's Cotillion Ball! Other moms and girls/boys were there too!!! The food, service, and overall experience was wonderful and made the night even more magical and special!!! I have ALWAYS had excellent service from Quince!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE It!!!! Thank you for adding and making our night one we will NEVER forget!!!!Special Features:
- I had to send my "medium"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2013I had to send my "medium" cooked filet back twice. Both came out well done with no pink showing and were the thickness of o small ribeye. Not a very good showing. The service was fine and the meal was taken off the ticket, but I left hungry and dissatisfied. And the worst part for me, my partner had to eat alone and was done by the time the last piece of meat came out.
- We travel Interstate 95 frequentlyBGaleDined on 4/5/2013We travel Interstate 95 frequently and always stay overnight in Wilson, NC so that we can dine at Quince. It is a fabulous restaurant. The menu changes according to what is fresh and seasonal. We have never been disappointed with our meal and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Our server was very politeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Our server was very polite and attentive but he did not know what one of the side items consisted of. The food was ok but not great and took 30 or so minutes to come after the salad even though there was almost no one there. Then the check took forever to come and when the manager came out she seemed shocked by our negative feedback and never even apologized. Only excuses
- service was slow, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013service was slow, food was good but not worthy of the price per entree. We orderd from the entree list which was shrimp and grits. Menu quoted to sides plus salad so that is what we ordered. Was told 15 minutes later that shrimp and grits only allows one side. Server should have known this, it was not on the menu. My opinion was to allow us the two sides and educate your server about this dish or remove it from the entree list that includes two sides (it's not like 5 slices of squash would break them)
- A nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The place is very nice and the food is good when they offer something I can eat "I'm a vegatarian" the only complaint I have is that my husband and I went for dinner on Valentines Day and we went early enough to avoid the crowds and we were theonly people in the place and then a huge family walked in and the staff seated them right next to us! Any privacy we had was gone and I felt like we were siting at their table! Then I had to special order a veggie plate that consisted of 3 small tomatoes some asparagus and a few long green beans. It was really good but hardly a meal. They charged $14 for it!! If they had something on the menu I could of eaten I would of paid only 10 for it.Special Features:
- Quince is just not as excitingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2012Quince is just not as exciting as when it opened. Felt bland, service was slow...35 minutes for three lunch entrees and it wasn't very busy. Menu was misleading. Just felt like the owners have lost interest.
- As we are not familiar withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2012As we are not familiar with the area and I'm usually pleased with restaurants found on open table I was confident that this time would be no different only to be disappointed. First of all walking in on a Saturday evening we realized we didn't need any reservations. There were only three tables occupied and a few people in the bar area. That's should have been a signal they weren't that good but there aren't too many restaurants to choose from in th area so we decided to give it a try. Their beers on draft were not available. Some of the entrees on their menu were not available. Food was mediocre and not at all what I expected from this restaurant which was recommended for foodies.
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2012Very nice little place. Great food, great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2012We had a group of 5 and it was perfect....It was quiet and we could talk and felt like it was private. Service was great! Loved the blue cheese dressing. Prices very reasonable.Special Features:
- Food was amazing from theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Food was amazing from the crab and artichike dip to the cheesecake. Intimate and friendly. We will go back.Special Features:
- While we were pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012While we were pleased with the overall dining experience, the ambience did not equal what we expected after viewing the website. We were seating next to the wait station, which did not lend itself toward the romantic dinner we expected. Also, the 'smart casusal attire' comment on the website was misleading. There were customers in shorts and other most casual attire. We were pleased with the food; however the ambience was less than expected. As an example, the web page shows white table linens, and there were no linens at all. All said, we would still return for another visit and recommend Quince to friends. Thank you.Special Features:
- Our diner at Quince was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Our diner at Quince was excellent. The food was very good and the service was attentive without being intrusive. I will definitely return and highly recommend dining there.Special Features:
- The entire experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/1/2012The entire experience was supurb. Highly, highly recommend!Special Features:
- First time. Soup of the dayJlynnbVIPDined on 8/23/2012First time. Soup of the day was excellent. Ordered a small plate and it was more of an appetizer than small meal and over fried but tasty. Grit croutons were best part of the meal.Special Features:
- Entree ShortageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012I really enjoyed the food. This was my second time eating here. The concern I had is that the last time I was here they ran out of a few of the entree's and when I visited the second time they had the same problem. This was a bit concerning as I was really looking forward to the shrimp.Special Features:
- Nice change of pace. A bitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Nice change of pace. A bit pricey but we will visit again.Special Features:
- My friend and I were fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012My friend and I were from out of town and Quince was a recommendation from someone at the Vistor's Center. We loved everything about the restaurant....menu was intriguing, food was fabulous, service was impeccable. Wish we lived nearer, so we could return more often.Special Features:
- Southern CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2012With very few upscale locations to choose from in the local area, it is great to have a neighborhood gem like Quince to go to. The menu is tight but has wonderful selections that are crafted with a Southern flare. Be sure to try the "loaded potatoes" they are to die for. Service is top shelf all the way. The outside dinning is not recommended in the mid-summer but would be the place to be during cooler weather with the large fire place and quiet surroundings. Quince is now our first choice for local fine dinning!!Special Features: