115 East Hickory
Denton, TX 76201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.queeniessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9404426834x
- Hours of Operation:
Wed - Thu 4:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Fri 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Sat 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tim Love
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Having put on thousands of successful events since 1999, Chef Love and his staff are now venturing out on the trail.
TLC Catering, with coordination overseen by Chef Love & his culinary staff, your guest's dining needs will be met with professional excellence and with attention to detail that is second to none.
Some of our most recent clients we have Catered for: Chanel, Austin City Limits, Kings of Leon, Vampire Weekend, Lockheed Martin
Call us for a consultation:
Julia Tighe Chef Love's Catering Concierge 817-925-9585
- Private Party Facilities: Jacob Long and Julia Tighe will be happy to assist you in booking your private party! You and your guests will have an amazing experience enjoying our award winning food and hand picked wines. Please call Jacob at 817-925-2025 to book your party today!
- Private Party Contact: Jacob Long 8179252025x
- Entertainment: Live jazz music nightly
- Special Events: "Like" us on Facebook to get information about our Special Events & Wine Dinners!
A word from Queenie's Steakhouse
Queenie’s is a contemporary take on the classic American steakhouse, located in Denton, Texas. Named as a homage to chef/owner Tim Love's mother, Queenie’s provides a fine dining experience emphasizing excellent service and expertly executed dishes. The menu showcases innovative twists on traditional steakhouse fare and features Texas-raised beef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Queenie's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Denton ›
Queenie's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (36)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (17)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (9)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Interesting brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014Pheasant and quail on the menu are a change from the ordinary..very nice I personally would have liked some fruit.Special Features:
- Fantastic!janefDined on 10/11/2014The meal was one of the best i have had and the atmosphere is very nice. A definite must try!Special Features:
- Delicious Homecoming!FiFiVIPDined on 9/28/2014What a treat to celebrate the homecoming of a friend away for the hot Texas summer with a large family gathering at the next table of the name sake, Queenie, to celebrate her birthday. The buffet of salads and the beautiful salmon was a big improvement from the last brunch we attended here and the entree specials were delicious with each of our table guests sampling the pheasant hash, omelette of the day and the eggs Benedict with a spicy kick. We just love Queenie's and couldn't have had a better day when joining in the singing of a round of Happy Birthday to Queenie herself. We hope to celebrate many happy occasions with our own friends and family at Queenie's. Long Live the Queen!!!Special Features:
- txladyDined on 9/26/2014The décor of the restaurant did not fit with the high prices for the food. The restroom has two stalls for the women and neither had Toilet paper in them. For a high end restaurant, I found it very disappointing especially since we brought guest from out of town. Much better steak houses around for the price. The restaurant was not real busy and therefore no excuse for the issues.
- Sunday brunch was nicejacotuckDined on 9/21/2014Sunday brunch at Queenie's was a treat. The atmosphere was nice, somewhat quiet, with jazz music in the background. Everything on the buffet was great and the salmon in particular was something to behold visually and taste-wise. The entrees we got - the fried quail with waffle and "SOS" were both fantastic. The most difficult thing was deciding on which entrees to get, so we'll definitely be coming back to try others. Coffee, mimosas, and surprise donut holes at the end were a nice touch as well.Special Features:
- Yum & WowSMcGCDined on 9/20/2014Amazing food & drink, wonderful service, perfect for a milestone birthday! There was unbelievable noise outside (Oaktopia) and we barely heard it (just a little bit of bass rumble). Food choices were intriguing and delicious - definitely not your run-of-the-mill fare. Thanks.Special Features:
- First timenbkkdrDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time here, and it was recommended by a bartender at another restaurant that had moved here. He was out of town, but the experience, both at the bar, and dinner was great. Welcoming, friendly staff, great drinks, melt-in-your-mouth steak, and a fantastic desert. You have to try the doughnut holes! Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- BigDDined on 9/18/2014Overly expensive. It was questionable that the highly recommended KC strip steak was truly aged and Prime beef. Steak was tough with much gressel. Upon complaint, a filet was supplied. Oyster appretizer only had four small (one bite) oysters. Lobster appetizer very good. Butter lettuce salad good but too small. Peach cobbler desert and anniversary sparkler great. We came for our 57th anniversary special treat and were generally disappointed.Special Features:
- Great overall dining experience!BobbyDrewDined on 9/12/2014Was visiting from out of town and picked this place to take my girlfriend. Wanted to impress her. She was very pleased. The staff, food, wine, and management was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great PlacediningdestinyDined on 9/6/2014Third time we have eaten here and was totally satisfied. Food was delicious, and service was excellent. Prices were not out of reason, but moderately expensive. Plan to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so impressedbeckykDined on 9/6/2014Came here for an anniversary dinner for my parents and although the food was overall ok, the service and food preparation time was awful. Our salad and drinks arrived in a decent amount of time (15-20 minutes), but after our salads were done it was about an hour and 10 minutes until entrees arrived (and we had to go ask what the hold up was) I had kids with us, so they were getting really hungry and grumpy. The waiter said he would "make this up to us" and I thought they might take a little discount on our total bill; no, instead they brought out a free dessert for us all to share, didn't ask if we wanted coffee or after dinner drinks. Guess you really do have to go to Bob's or Pappa's for a real upscale experience.
- great steak in DentonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Second year in a row hers for our anniversary. Great bartenders make it fun. Food is really good. Wife had ribeye, I had striped bass, which means I had striped bass witha ribeye chaser. Both we'd great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The food was outstanding and the service started out great but as soon as it got a little busy the waiter could not keep up. We waited 25 minutes for a cup of coffee and never got a refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch BunchFiFiVIPDined on 8/31/2014I love this restaurant so much, as a Denton little "gem" oasis in a sea of hamburger and college fair. Queenie's does such a great job on week-end evenings with their live jazz off of the bar and lively bar to dining room crowd. Sunday Brunch was a little disappointing, with appetizer, salad and side dish open buffet table; looking very tired and over-cooked in the steam tables, just laid out on a plain white table cloth. Little pastries were off to the side and not appealing. The Bloody Mary Bar was set up right by the front door and not displayed to easily access from the dining room. The best part of a Queenie's experience is the service and menu. I am planning to give Queenie's brunch another try and expect it to keep improving.Special Features:
- DisappointedGraceCDined on 8/31/2014After reading all of the great reviews we were excited to try Queenie's, but the brunch buffet was very limited and our entrees were very small. Everything was very bland/underseasoned.
- Excellent!!NandDfromFloMoDined on 8/30/2014The food was absolutely delicious, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was unique and upscale. We especially liked the portion size -- enough, but not so much that you stuff yourself because the flavor is so wonderful you can't stop eating -- and that we could pick our steak size. Perfect location for a stroll after dinner on the eclectic Denton square. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I was very disappointed in our experience. We were referred by a friend and went there for our anniversary. I felt as if our waitress was interested in one thing - selling and upselling us. I ordered my steak medium plus (in between med and med well) it came out very medium rare. My boyfriend ordered his medium rare and it was definitely a rare steak. She did not even ask us to cut into our steaks to ensure they were cooked correctly. I decided not to send it back and wish I had. It was almost to the point of cold in the middle as it was not cooked enough. The crispy potatoes were merely fried potatoes you could easily make yourself. The truffle mac and cheese was very good - choice of pasta was a bit odd (orzo).
- Always ExcellentfoodgodVIPDined on 8/28/2014Phillip the bartender is the best. If you have the ability to sit in the bar take it. If you don't like pepper ask for no pepper on your steak otherwise it is smothered in it. Great wine and really good drinks.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceFlowerMoundFoodieDined on 8/28/2014Started at the bar, Phillip was amazing. Apps were super! Foisgras excellent... Dinner was great as well. Carafe of wine was a great deal... Steaks were just perfect. Everything well worth the cost. Best meal in quite awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Upon arriving there was no valet so I parked myself (valet was busy). I had reservations and was about 5 minutes early. The table was available but didn't get sat until exactly 715 - that was a bit odd but the only blemish of the night. The oysters and lobster cakes were amazing while the fried quail legs left me wondering how I might replicate the batter. Next we had the gnocchi which was pillow soft but not mushy and the rattlesnake sausage ragout provided justbthebtight amount of heat. For the main course I had the waiter bring me a dry age steak of his choice. He chose the Kansas which left me wanting more, after 20oz. The peppered herb crust was all the flavor needed to compliment the steak. Don't miss the margarita- best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dry Aged Steak InedibleTop10VIPDined on 8/21/2014I love Queenies, but a member of my party was served a dry aged steak at our last visit, and it never should have been plated or served. The aging process had apparently caused the steak to smell like it had been immersed in a bucket of dirty mop water, and an adjacent diner commented on the odor. The steak was taken off the bill, but, again, it never should have reached our table. We love the ambience, and will be back, for another one of their fine entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CelebrationWildflower1Dined on 8/16/2014The food was very good but the service is 10+! They helped us celebrate a milestone Anniversary in style. Would highly recommend Queenie's for any special occasion.Special Features:
- DFW Restaurant WeekDentoniteDined on 8/16/2014We were so glad Queenie's was participating this year in restaurant. Knew we would get a great meal and we were not disappointed. Everything was outstanding. My only disappointment, and it really was not bad, was the dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and amazing service and hospitality. Definately returning!
- StellarCookieDined on 8/13/2014Everything about Queenie's is fantastic from the moment you walk in the door until you depart! The service was truly phenomenal and the service impeccable. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic Filet Special Great!Top10VIPDined on 8/8/2014Tried the garlic filet special, and it was fabulous! It came on a bed of cabbage and the famous Queenies potatoes! Hopefully, this item may take a permanent place on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and MemorableFiFiVIPDined on 8/8/2014Queenie's is now my very favorite restaurant in Denton, Texas. What needs to be said is this is much more than a Steakhouse. We enjoyed a scrumptious fish and vegetarian entree, with memorable lobster appetizers and a favorite Silver Oak Cabernet. The service was warm, inviting and very professional. Overall, I am so happy I have a special go to restaurant for my family and friends.Special Features:
- Quite expensive, but worth it!CharlesDined on 8/6/2014I took my wife and I here for our anniversary, and I must say that this was some of the best food I've ever eaten! The service was fantastic and the setting wasn't stuffy at all, as expected with some of the upscale restaurants of this sort. Dress was fairly casual and the noise level was actually quite loud, even though there were only a few tables occupied while we were there. I would imagine that, at busier times, the place is quite noisy. So if you're looking for a very quite, private dinner, maybe this place isn't for you. However, that being said, I will definitely return to this restaurant and highly recommend that you try it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Party Happy!Top10VIPDined on 7/31/2014Entertained a large get together and everyone loved the atmosphere, service, and especially the food! Love the shrimp appetizers, bass, and steak is always to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, but a little loudTriesAnythingFoodieDined on 7/26/2014The look of the restaurant was great. It was a very beautiful setting for a romantic dinner. It was however, very loud. I felt that the noise level didn't fit the ambiance they were going for. The food was WONDERFUL. Easily the best steak I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Tenderloin SpecialTop10VIPDined on 7/24/2014Which included a shrimp K-Bob, was indeed, really special! The offer was a six ounce filet combined with 2 shrimp K-Bobs, on a skewer with rice. Our server, and bartender, Phillip, sold us on a great dish, and the chef executed! We will be back, hope to make this venue a weekly experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Gourmet diningDressed4SuccessDined on 7/19/2014We didn't know what to expect, but this restaurant came highly recommended. The dress is more business casual (jeans and boots, maxi dresses) but the food is gourmet!! This food is different, not something you eat everyday, and we loved it!! The service was outstanding, attentive, but not stuffy at all! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- 1BigReviewDined on 7/19/2014Interesting variety of speciality items, such as blueberry venison sausage and rattlesnake rabbit blend. Plus the regulars, steaks and such. Oh, and the friend spinach was a delight.Special Features:
- Great steakhousebforsytheDined on 7/19/2014Tim Love brings his "cowboy gourmet" touch to Queenie's Steakhouse in Denton. Wonderful food (some dishes from Lonesome Dove) and a very nice upscale decor. Very good service, outstanding food and an eye on quality at every touch.Special Features:
- not our best experience....NOLA0314Dined on 7/18/2014We weren't too happy with our last visit to Qeenies, usually its great but not last Friday night. Not sure if they got a new cook or what. The lobster cakes were cold, my husbands steak was over cooked and my lobster was so over cooked, it was like rubber. We had to ask a couple of times to get our drinks refilled. We will try Queenies one more time hoping for better luck next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, and Queenie Too!Top10VIPDined on 7/17/2014Had a double pleasure of meeting, the restaurant's namesake, Queenie, and enjoying the fine cuisine served in this fantastic venue! Enjoyed the Filet and mushrooms again, with the striped bass-both were prepared perfectly! Queenie shared the story of her honor, and after enjoying some time speaking with her, it is easy to see why the restaurant is honored to by named after her! Kudos to both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicebygaudioDined on 7/12/2014The food was top notch, and our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. He took the time to make sure we understood each menu item, and also had excellent recommendations. We will be going back as soon as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Excellent ServiceLaLaDined on 7/12/2014Isn't if funny, how much more comfortable you are spending a lot on even great food, when the service is excellent? Well, the service here is fantastic.Special Features:
- Best Steak and Shrooms!Top10VIPDined on 7/11/2014This is the third time I have enjoyed the Steak (filet) and Shrooms at Queenies. The quality of both is frankly, unparalleled! It is worth the drive to Denton to explore this little gem, which comes with its own unique atmosphere, and, on Friday, live jazz from some of Denton's finest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Fantastic!Top10VIPDined on 6/25/2014Dont forget the mushrooms as you order your steak. The 15.00 price point may give you pause, but don't let it! There is a flavorful combination of garlic, basil that gives the several different variety of mushrooms a flavor that you will enjoy, either with, or without your steak. There are enough 'shrooms to share. Everything was fabulous this evening, as Phillip, the bartencer knocked it out of the park, with his mixology skills and knowledge of the menu. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 193 reviews are from the Queenie's Steakhouse reviews archive.